**Selection Sunday Thread**

Posted 685 day(s) ago 10317 Views 173 Replies
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3

Schooner **Selection Sunday Thread**

The following users like this post: ArmySooner

last week we were a 12.....this week....11
    i like how we're trending...
    i think we have a chance to get into single digits...like maybe a 7 if things go well...

Beat OSU on Saturday, then I'll start getting excited.

That being said: BOOMER SOONER. LOVE what Kruger has going on here with this program.

10th seed in Sports lllustrated's projectons

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/col...?sct=uk_t11_a4

11th Seed

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    This would be an incredible draw.

Re: 11th Seed

Went from being projected 12th to 11th to 10th. Different sites but still cool.

Re: 11th Seed

Are we really a tournament team this year?

Originally Posted by byrk75 View Post
    Are we really a tournament team this year?
    Meh. But our RPI has constantly been in the top-25. So with the S-Curve, absolutely.

Originally Posted by Chicago Sooner View Post
    Meh. But our RPI has constantly been in the top-25. So with the S-Curve, absolutely.
    love me some s-curve.
    The following users like this post: byrk75

If you read this board at all you know I am more of a sunshine pumper than not, but I would caution everyone to not get too excited about these predictions until we have been through a few more games in the conference. Of course, my hope is that we finish strong in the conference and make the tournament, but so far we have looked really good (vs. Ohio) and really bad (Stephen F. Austin). If the team team that beat Ohio shows up every week we will make the tournament. If the team that lost to SFA shows up every week we won't make the NIT. My guess is it's something in between.

All that being said, God Bless Lon Kruger and this scrappy group of players. I absolutely love following them and watching them play. This Saturday's game will tell us a LOT. Boomer!

Originally Posted by Mahler View Post
    If you read this board at all you know I am more of a sunshine pumper than not, but I would caution everyone to not get too excited about these predictions until we have been through a few more games in the conference. Of course, my hope is that we finish strong in the conference and make the tournament, but so far we have looked really good (vs. Ohio) and really bad (Stephen F. Austin). If the team team that beat Ohio shows up every week we will make the tournament. If the team that lost to SFA shows up every week we won't make the NIT. My guess is it's something in between.

All that being said, God Bless Lon Kruger and this scrappy group of players. I absolutely love following them and watching them play. This Saturday's game will tell us a LOT. Boomer!
    Anything is better than the last couple years of Jeff Capel...

Willie Warren -.-''
    The following users like this post: Mahler

That would be awesome! I miss me some March Madness Sooner hoops
    2 users like byrk75's post: COLLISON ANGRY, McRib

better than the last one that had us playing mizzou in kc....
    i hate having the other team's home crowd stacked against us in the tourney...

OU is very improved this year

March Madness? Kick ass!

In Kansas City? Mind ****ing blown!

Originally Posted by Bennie Owen View Post
    Beat OSU on Saturday, then I'll start getting excited.

That being said: BOOMER SOONER. LOVE what Kruger has going on here with this program.
    So...Are you excited yet?
    The following users like this post: Bennie Owen

Up to a 7 seed after the win over the pokes.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

Originally Posted by Chicago Sooner View Post
    Up to a 7 seed after the win over the pokes.

http://www.landthieves.com/board/sho...=1#post1029789

for some reason i'm still seeing us in the #10 seed spot at that link....

Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    http://www.landthieves.com/board/sho...=1#post1029789

for some reason i'm still seeing us in the #10 seed spot at that link....
    WTF? It said updated Jan 14 earlier in the morning and has us a 7 seed.

I guess he still has to make tweaks or something.

here's an interesting link...
    it's a compilation of all the various brackets out there....
    we're a consensus #9......
    a few have us as high as a 4

http://bracketproject.50webs.com/matrix.htm

Just getting into the tourney is a big deal after all that we've been through. Frankly I didn't see it at the beginning of the season. Kruger was a great hire, at the time I thought he would right the ship and get us pointed in the right direction, but he is doing more than that. Hopefully we make the tourney and recruit better players and start making some noise. Like we used to. Like we should be doing.

Originally Posted by Wailer View Post
    Just getting into the tourney is a big deal after all that we've been through. Frankly I didn't see it at the beginning of the season. Kruger was a great hire, at the time I thought he would right the ship and get us pointed in the right direction, but he is doing more than that. Hopefully we make the tourney and recruit better players and start making some noise. Like we used to. Like we should be doing.
    some people think we will be worse next year when pledger/osby/fitz/grooms leave....
    but they are wrong.....we will be better next year.....
    kruger is doing a great job bringing in the right players/coaching them......and also in game coaching...
    the only question is whether he can get an occasional star recruit that it takes to get to the final four....
    are you listening julius randle?
    The following users like this post: Wailer

one more point i would like to make....
    some posters/fans? would like you to believe this rebuilding job is a tremendous undertaking/multi year effort......
    i never believed that and you are seeing with your own eyes that assertion was false...
    ou basketball is never far from being respectable/very good....if you have the right man in charge....
    Last edited by 87sooner; January 15th, 2013 at 12:44 PM.

The following users like this post: Sooner 4 Life

Obviously, 6 or 7 would be ideal for this team. 8 will be rough.

I am bowing down to Lon. I thought we would be in the shit for four or five years.

last week we were a 12.....this week....11
    i like how we're trending...
    i think we have a chance to get into single digits...like maybe a 7 if things go well...

Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Obviously, 6 or 7 would be ideal for this team. 8 will be rough.
    ill just be happy if we make the tourney. we sure as hell aint no 6 or 7 seed.

Originally Posted by sooner518 View Post
    ill just be happy if we make the tourney. we sure as hell aint no 6 or 7 seed.
    at this point....no...
    there are alot of games to be played...

Originally Posted by CrimsonHeaven View Post
    I am bowing down to Lon. I thought we would be in the shit for four or five years.
    ou is only "in the shit" when we have a shitty coach.....

one more point i would like to make....
    some posters/fans? would like you to believe this rebuilding job is a tremendous undertaking/multi year effort......
    i never believed that and you are seeing with your own eyes that assertion was false...
    ou basketball is never far from being respectable/very good....if you have the right man in charge....
    We still have no signature win and have a really tough stretch upcoming. I'd hold off on saying we're in the tournament. If we don't get in, that's two years of rebuilding, and then next year if we get in it will have been a 3 year rebuilding job, which sounds to me like a multi-year effort.
    I have seen with my own eyes that this team is much improved, but I also see that there is a long way to go and our conference schedule set up with easy games first, hence the good start. Even if we go 2-3 through the next 5, we'll have to finish without dropping any we shouldn't lose.
    I agree though, Kruger is the right guy for OU right now.

Originally Posted by Boognish View Post
    We still have no signature win and have a really tough stretch upcoming. I'd hold off on saying we're in the tournament. If we don't get in, that's two years of rebuilding, and then next year if we get in it will have been a 3 year rebuilding job, which sounds to me like a multi-year effort.
    I have seen with my own eyes that this team is much improved, but I also see that there is a long way to go and our conference schedule set up with easy games first, hence the good start. Even if we go 2-3 through the next 5, we'll have to finish without dropping any we shouldn't lose.
    I agree though, Kruger is the right guy for OU right now.
    9 months ago i said we'd go dancing this year.....and i'm sticking to that.....

i also recently said that we'll be better next year....and i see no reason the alter that prediction either....
    ou is NEVER a multi-year project.....hasn't been since i've been following sooner basketball since the late 70's....

@SoonerHoops
    New NCAA Tourney projections... USA Today has #Sooners a No. 7 seed: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...3/?sf9453864=1 …, CBS Sports has OU a No. 8 http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

that's two scoops of boomer ****in sooner right there buddy
    3 users like CrimsonRez's post: 87sooner, fdubzou, McRib

@SoonerHoops
    New NCAA Tourney projections... USA Today has #Sooners a No. 7 seed: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...3/?sf9453864=1 …, CBS Sports has OU a No. 8 http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology
    10 seed last week, 7 seed this week = nice! But I sure hope we don't end up in the Miami bracket.

memphis would be a tough 10

new bracketology shows OU a #9 seed vs. #8 Wichita St

9 seed v. Wichita State in ESPN
    http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

7 seed v. Wichita State in USA Today
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ament/1927375/

7 seed v. North Carolina in CBS

Both hard draws

If underestimated them. They are still painfully bad at times.

I would actually be more scared of Wichita St than I would North Carolina. Have y'all seen the size of those players at Wichita? They're HUGE.

Things are looking good at this point, but I refuse to be greedy. I just want OU back into the tourney. It's not quite a lock yet, but it is looking pretty close to it. A win vs Baylor today will help a lot.

winning it all this year, book it.

Was going post this.

Originally Posted by Mahler View Post
    This would be outstanding!
    yes it would

Lunardi has OU as a 9 seed. Absolutely ridiculous. They deserve a 6 seed IMO.

Originally Posted by WFSooner View Post
    Lunardi has OU as a 9 seed. Absolutely ridiculous. They deserve a 6 seed IMO.
    I realize that beggers can't be choosers, and maybe we should just be happy getting into the tournament, but I really hope we aren't a #9. If I remember correctly the 9 seed is set up to play the 1 seed in the second round. Not that I'm trying to look past a first round game, but it there even an outside chance of a run in the tournament I would rather not play the 1 seed in round 2.

maybe we can lose a couple here at the end and let our seed slip down to 11