DE Kylie Fitts decommits from USC

Posted 661 day(s) ago 3253 Views 48 Replies

ESPN LINK

"Something happened recently that questioned my trust in USC, so I'm reopening my recruitment," Fitts said. "It literally broke my heart. I broke down and cried. It was so hard for me and my family. It's just what's best for me at this moment. I'm putting in God's hands and trusting that everything will work out."

Shocker much? Recruits can't trust USC or Lane Kiffin...hm......

USAO do we have a chance at him? I show him being recruited by BJW

Originally Posted by mushu405 View Post
    ESPN LINK

"Something happened recently that questioned my trust in USC, so I'm reopening my recruitment," Fitts said. "It literally broke my heart. I broke down and cried. It was so hard for me and my family. It's just what's best for me at this moment. I'm putting in God's hands and trusting that everything will work out."

Shocker much? Recruits can't trust USC or Lane Kiffin...hm......

USAO do we have a chance at him? I show him being recruited by BJW

He'll likely go with Ole Miss but would be nice. OU is a definite long shot.

Whether we have a chance or not, get him on the phone!!!... There has to be some sense of desperation sooner or later!

Originally Posted by BoomSoon View Post
    He'll likely go with Ole Miss but would be nice. OU is a definite long shot.
    HOW THE **** CAN WE NOT WIN A RECRUITING BATTLE WITH OLE MISS???

Originally Posted by metes View Post
    SEC SEC SEC

Originally Posted by vrortiz405 View Post
    $$$ $$$ $$$
    FIFY
    3 users like mushu405's post: ab5sr, Hastur, VRO405

Yep! SEC = $$$

We went after him hard before he committed to USC, we're probably full at DE but Fitts is a special talent so we should give him a call.

What happened with him and USC is that he was supposed to be an EE and when Leon McQuay committed to USC, McQuay took Fitts EE spot. Kiffin told him he could enroll in the summer instead. Sucks for a guy that's been committed for months, busted his ass in school to get into college early, only to find out days before you enroll that you can't. Tiffin is a top notch douchebag.

I by no means am comfortable with our DEs especially when we cant get a push or CONTAIN against crap teams.
    2 users like mushu405's post: soonerUthenMe, VRO405

Originally Posted by mushu405 View Post
    ESPN LINK

"Something happened recently that questioned my trust in USC, so I'm reopening my recruitment," Fitts said. "It literally broke my heart. I broke down and cried.
    my 6 year old daughter said the same thing when i switched her from one cheer leading camp to another. it think we're solid at DE with Ward and Dimon (and other dude with long name). but hell, i guess having another stud couldn't hurt. hell we've got plenty of schollies available.

Don't we have a spot for an EE? Get him on the phone and enrolled already!!!

Originally Posted by huntinsooner View Post
    We went after him hard before he committed to USC, we're probably full at DE but Fitts is a special talent so we should give him a call.

What happened with him and USC is that he was supposed to be an EE and when Leon McQuay committed to USC, McQuay took Fitts EE spot. Kiffin told him he could enroll in the summer instead. Sucks for a guy that's been committed for months, busted his ass in school to get into college early, only to find out days before you enroll that you can't. Tiffin is a top notch douchebag.
    I don't understand why people keep saying that we are full at 'x' position when we only have 14 commits? Plus, we usually switch these guys to other positions...

He's going to aTm
    5 users like LVSOONER15's post: ab5sr, hOUrricane, mgsooner, party1234, Turk

Was anybody satisfied with the DE play in the Cotton Bow? Bring in more fresh talent and cut the dead wood quick.

Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    Was anybody satisfied with the DE play in the Cotton Bow? Bring in more fresh talent and cut the dead wood quick.
    Wait, OU actually played DE's in the Cotton Bowl? I didn't notice.
    3 users like Fahooglegods's post: Backintheday, suncoastsooner, Yatahaze

Originally Posted by vrortiz405 View Post
    I don't understand why people keep saying that we are full at 'x' position when we only have 14 commits? Plus, we usually switch these guys to other positions...
    When you're limited to 85 scholarships, it makes you full. I also said we should be calling him though, even if we are "done" at the position.

With his size Stoops should have already called him...

hell, i'll call him, give me his number.
    2 users like runningwithscissors's post: melbitoast, VRO405

Originally Posted by Fahooglegods View Post
    yeah they just ended up inside like a d tackle instead of holding the edge

Originally Posted by OUMick View Post
    yeah they just ended up inside like a d tackle instead of holding the edge
    Or flat on their ass

In a typical class OU normally has 1 or 2 scholarships left for elite players that they are in on just in case. Right now IMO if he is an elite talent and a plays on D you take him.
    The following users like this post: OU812

Kylie: BJW might be golfing, did you make a reservation?

He ain't coming here.
    Every time some elite talent comes up, why do we think he should/wants to come to OU.
    He has zero interest in OU!! Plus we don't have a good closer/used car salesman on our staff. 💣💣

Originally Posted by OkieIron View Post
    He ain't coming here.
    Every time some elite talent comes up, why do we think he should/wants to come to OU.
    He has zero interest in OU!! Plus we don't have a good closer/used car salesman on our staff.
    If we want him, send Gundy and Norvell. Both. Have Switzer drive them.

He ain't coming here.
    He has zero interest in OU!! Plus we don't have a good closer/used car salesman on our staff.
    Way to be optomistic

He ain't coming here.
    DP

Originally Posted by huntinsooner View Post
    When you're limited to 85 scholarships, it makes you full. I also said we should be calling him though, even if we are "done" at the position.
    I understand the limit situation, but its time to cut the dead weight; upperclassman who are not going to see the field.... Plus, some guys are going to leave, transfer out, declare for NFL or get kicked off the team anyways.

He ain't coming here.
    Who knows... Maybe some guys with serious talent know they can come in and be an immediate difference maker at their position.

Do it! Do it now!!u

Originally Posted by FiveOhSooner View Post
    Who knows... Maybe some guys with serious talent know they can come in and be an immediate difference maker at their position.
    Thats what i am talking about. Why wouldn't a guy want to come to a big time program where he might be able to play right away and make a impact? They just need to step up the recruiting pressure.

He ain't coming here.
    Have you ever been to Oxford Mississippi? If you haven't then let me explain to you that there is literally no reason to visit there unless you are unfortunate enough to attend school there. It's roughly the size of Ardmore and pretty much just as lame. Point being, why would any recruit want to go there? OU has a better program.

Turns out that the Recruiting Coordinator/DL Coach for Mississippi is none other than Lane Kiffin's little brother.....

Originally Posted by SleestakkSooner View Post
    Turns out that the Recruiting Coordinator/DL Coach for Mississippi is none other than Lane Kiffin's little brother.....
    Well, you would hope that Lane burned that bridge between Fitts and little brother

Originally Posted by metes View Post
    Don't you have to actually be IN one to win it?

The fact that he says his heart was broken and it made him cry really bothers me. He may be athletic, but we don't need another softie.

Originally Posted by runningwithscissors View Post
    hell, i'll call him, give me his number.
    Sometimes I wonder what would happen if fans tried to get more involved in recruiting, like everybody tweeting a player to show support. It sounds corny, but desperate times call for desperate measures (right?)
    The following users like this post: SoonerBull

Originally Posted by cale_920 View Post
    Sometimes I wonder what would happen if fans tried to get more involved in recruiting, like everybody tweeting a player to show support. It sounds corny, but desperate times call for desperate measures (right?)
    That's not desperate, it's creepy....and a little pathetic.

So, does this kid have his ticket in hand to come visit today or what???

Why is this not in the Recruiting forum?

/thread****

Originally Posted by madbrad View Post
    Have you ever been to Oxford Mississippi? If you haven't then let me explain to you that there is literally no reason to visit there unless you are unfortunate enough to attend school there. It's roughly the size of Ardmore and pretty much just as lame. Point being, why would any recruit want to go there? OU has a better program.
    In a conference full of hot women, Ole Miss has the hottest.

Originally Posted by tcrb View Post
    That's not desperate, it's creepy....and a little pathetic.
    I agree, but have you ever looked at some of these recruits twitter feeds? There's a ton of fans from schools who pester these recruits.

Ole Miss Women > ardmore skanks
    The following users like this post: Stein7495

Originally Posted by drspencer View Post
    I agree, but have you ever looked at some of these recruits twitter feeds? There's a ton of fans from schools who pester these recruits.
    I dont have a twitter acct. I think it's creepy...and pathetic.
    The following users like this post: Fahooglegods

Sorry if this has been asked already, I may have missed it... Is his name really Kylie? I've read the story and for about a full day now, thought his name was Kyle. haha

Originally Posted by tcrb View Post
    I dont have a twitter acct. I think it's creepy...and pathetic.
    Well, I don't follow recruits or D1 athletes as a general rule. I will look at their feeds every now and a again if something is brought up and I want know for myself what was said.

Originally Posted by DIB View Post
    In a conference full of hot women, Ole Miss has the hottest.
    Do they have the hottest or do they just take the most pictures of themselves?
    The following users like this post: Sabla

Any chance we can land this guy?

Originally Posted by Fahooglegods View Post
    corrected.
    2 users like dtex's post: Fahooglegods, freeeewilly66

Originally Posted by madbrad View Post
    It's not as though Tuscaloosa is an exciting town either. We all know they've had some success regardless.