Rob Ryan out

Posted 563 day(s) ago 2108 Views 56 Replies
Page 1 of 2 1 2
    vCash

Cowboys Rob Ryan out

‏@ESPNDallas
    Source: #Cowboys fire Rob Ryan. More to come.

Cowboys Cowboys Fire Rob Ryan

https://twitter.com/espndallas/statu...04453748965376
    ESPNDallas: Source: #Cowboys fire Rob Ryan. More to come.

vCash

Wow...didn't see that coming.

vCash

Understandable.

just started a post about this can we move it to this thread thanks.

vCash

Maybe the Longhorns will hire him

vCash

Originally Posted by madbrad View Post
    Wow...didn't see that coming.
    Even before all the injuries, the defense was having major issues at creating turnovers. Now if only Jerry would fire himself.
    2 users like SoonerDan74012's post: CNCSOONER, OU812

vCash

Romeo Crennell?

vCash

Rob Ryan out

Manny Diaz?

The Cowboys defense has had issues for multiple coordinators for the same reason the offense has -- the people doing the talent evaluation fall in love with certain players, overpay to keep them on board, and ultimately fail to realize it was fools gold all along. The DBs are a mess.. the DL is over-rated and the LBs are serviceable but not outstanding. For their payroll they should be among the best in the league -- but payroll doesn't equal talent if you're the Dallas Cowboys.
    3 users like xunil's post: Backintheday, DarrellZero, OU812

vCash

I hope he doesn't have a tattoo of his wife wearing a Tony Romo jersey
    The following users like this post: S11-Baylor

Jerry can fire all the coaches but that won't do any good. He has to let himself go as GM and bring in someone that knows how to evualate talent. As long as JJ is the GM the Cowboys will not win a Super Bowl again. He has done a lot of damage and he doesn't care.
    5 users like Hotrod33's post: Backintheday, DarrellZero, quatrogenerian, traxx, xunil

vCash

He said, something like this.. I have a job in 5 hrs.

vCash

Originally Posted by ATMsooner View Post
    Manny Diaz?
    **** you!

Rob Ryan out

Originally Posted by SoonerSteve1 View Post
    Really? That would be a sweet quote if he did.. Coming out of the Cowboys facility, lmao.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

vCash

Originally Posted by xunil View Post
    Really? That would be a sweet quote if he did.. Coming out of the Cowboys facility, lmao.

He was fired via phone on vacation.

Would you trade Mike for Rob Ryan?

The Ryan brothers have proven to be some overrated blowhards.
    2 users like SoopaSooner's post: OU Sam, tcrb

Re: Rob Ryan out

Originally Posted by SoonerSteve1 View Post
    "I inherited a team that was 31st in the league in defense and made them better," Ryan told ESPNDallas.com's Tim MacMahon. "I (expletive) made them a hell of a lot better. I'll be out of work for like five minutes."
    http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8826772

vCash

Rob Ryan out

Originally Posted by Hotrod33 View Post
    Jerry can fire all the coaches but that won't do any good. He has to let himself go as GM and bring in someone that knows how to evualate talent. As long as JJ is the GM the Cowboys will not win a Super Bowl again. He has done a lot of damage and he doesn't care.
    If I owned my own professional football team, I'd be my own general manager too. I don't blame the guy one bit.

(I'm also not a Cowboys fan)
    The following users like this post: SoulRebel

Originally Posted by AcousticSoup View Post
    If I owned my own professional football team, I'd be my own general manager too. I don't blame the guy one bit.

(I'm also not a Cowboys fan)
    If you want to win you hire the best football people in the business and let them do their job. Jerry needs to sign the checks and just stay out of the way. He needs something else to occupy his time so the cowboys can get back to winning. Go to a strip club. Get a ****. Fly a hot air balloon around the world. Do something. Just stay away from my team.

The Cowboys defense has had issues for multiple coordinators for the same reason the offense has -- the people doing the talent evaluation fall in love with certain players, overpay to keep them on board, and ultimately fail to realize it was fools gold all along. The DBs are a mess.. the DL is over-rated and the LBs are serviceable but not outstanding. For their payroll they should be among the best in the league -- but payroll doesn't equal talent if you're the Dallas Cowboys.

The Cowboys were 11th out of 32 teams in payroll on one site & 22nd overall on another. It doesn't appear they are over paying anybody
    The following users like this post: DirtySouth_Sooner

vCash

defense was starting to show strength before the LB's got injured. our LB Lee is a stud and Carter pretty close. LB/DE Ware is as good as they come. Both Carr and Claireborne are solid at CB. DT and Safeties definitely need upgrade.

i think our evaluations in the draft has been horrific (minus maybe last two years); we would draft horrible and then over pay for a player another team developed in free agency ... or maybe overpay for a one year wonder that we developed.

as for ryan, i thought his best coaching was at the end of this season after everyone got hurt.
    The following users like this post: Dr Sleep

Ware, Lee, Carter, Spencer is a formidable LB corps.
    The CBs are good enough. Ratliff is great, but nothing behind him at NT. Ends could be better. Safeties are BEYOND terrible.

The Cowboys need to use every single pick in this draft on OL and safety, and I'm not even joking.

As others have said, the Cowboys are dead until Jerry is dead.

I say we hire Dave Wannstedt and Norv Turner now. See if we can get it to work again.

vCash

Originally Posted by Jbaker View Post
    The CBs are good enough. Ratliff is great, but nothing behind him at NT. Ends could be better. Safeties are BEYOND terrible.

The Cowboys need to use every single pick in this draft on OL and safety, and I'm not even joking.

As others have said, the Cowboys are dead until Jerry is dead.

I say we hire Dave Wannstedt and Norv Turner now. See if we can get it to work again.
    Good chance Norv returns as the OC.
    Nick Eatman ‏@nickeatman Starting to hear whispers this wont be biggest coaching news of the week ... No, not Garrett! But a different OC perhaps ! We'll see

vCash

Gary Gibbs is going to be needing a job. Solid defensive coach.

Rob Ryan out

Man JB.. You're quite the optimist when it comes to the Cowboys. :-)

Ware is a one trick pony, the equivalent of the guy in the NBA who comes off the bench to shoot 3-pointers. He's absolutely horrible in run support and takes so many bad angles its just mind boggling he's a veteran player.

I'll give you Ratliff.. Hes a rock with a nasty streak in the middle when he's reasonably healthy. Lee is good as well but the other guys are just very average.

Safety .. Geezus how long is it going to be a problem? I agree they have to address it (again) this year. Same for OL, seems like the last 6 years has been a rebuilding job there for one reason or another.

The Cowboys need a huge draft this year or it could get ugly. I wish they'd get into the Tom Telesco sweepstakes and take him away from the Colts.

vCash

I like Sean Lee but he gets hurt a lot. He's missed a lot of time each of the past two seasons right after he started making his name.

vCash

Rob Ryan out

Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    If you want to win you hire the best football people in the business and let them do their job. Jerry needs to sign the checks and just stay out of the way. He needs something else to occupy his time so the cowboys can get back to winning. Go to a strip club. Get a ****. Fly a hot air balloon around the world. Do something. Just stay away from my team.
    He's got the greatest toy in the world. His own personal version of Madden franchise mode that makes him money hand over fist.

Again, I can't blame the man.

Then again, I hate the Cowboys.

vCash

Originally Posted by SoonerDan74012 View Post
    Good chance Norv returns as the OC.
    Wouldn't they promote Bill Calahan?

Originally Posted by ozz View Post
    Wouldn't they promote Bill Calahan?
    Well, I mean, he did such a fantastic job with that amazing OL this year.
    The following users like this post: Cowboy1964adam

vCash

Deck chairs...titanic...and all that.

vCash

Going to a different defensive philosophy. 4-3?

vCash

Well, I mean, he did such a fantastic job with that amazing OL this year.
    Didn't say it would be logical or a good move.

vCash

Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Deck chairs...titanic...and all that.
    Lol, a caller said the exact same thinig to PJ Mills on his radio show earlier.

If they don't get rid of Red J, all other moves are pointless.

Originally Posted by barlowd View Post
    What if he has a tattoo of his brother's wife wearing a Tony Romo jersey?

Originally Posted by barlowd View Post
    Oh...that's rich.

Rob wasn't all that with my Raiders.

Lee was a very promising LB and was lost early for the season. The CB situation was greatly improved this year. Ware at DE is awesome and still has some prime years left. Dallas needs big strong DT to make the defense be domi ate, Raiff is good but can't do it alone all season.

vCash

Rob Ryan out

I hate the cowboys but that was a bad decision. That defense was cobbled together with scout team players because of all of the injuries. Last time I checked Ryan didn't throw 5,000 interceptions this year putting the defense in a bad position.
    The following users like this post: quatrogenerian

The Cowboys will never be playoff contenders again until Jerry Jones embraces death's sweet release.
    The following users like this post: OU812

Ryan needed to go. His defensive schemes against Washington's run game were horrible. A DC that can't even get his defense set up right to defend the option with a one legged QB needs his ass fired.

vCash

Originally Posted by OU Sam View Post
    Ryan needed to go. His defensive schemes against Washington's run game were horrible. A DC that can't even get his defense set up right to defend the option with a one legged QB needs his ass fired.
    how about the fact that Ware bit on the fake to the RB like 10 times in that game and lost outside contain to the QB. He embarrassed himself that game

Originally Posted by sooner518 View Post
    how about the fact that Ware bit on the fake to the RB like 10 times in that game and lost outside contain to the QB. He embarrassed himself that game
    This is because Ryan had Ware and Spencer trying to sit back and read the play. This what the offense wants you to do. Defending the option is all about assignment football. Someone has the fullback, someone has the QB and someone has the pitch man. Ryan should have had his OLB up on the line of scrimmage every play and by hitting RGIII he is forcing the option play. You could change up the assignments but he has to commit enough defenders to cover the play. Washington has been running these plays all year long so it's not like anything should be a surprise.

I'm by no means a Rob Ryan fan, but Jerry is just talking about his ass here.
    http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...lease-rob-ryan
    Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones made his first public comments about the release of defensive coordinator Rob Ryan during a taped interview that aired Wednesday.

Jones alluded to two losses -- at Seattle in Week 2 and to Chicago at Cowboys Stadium in Week 4, when Dallas' defense was almost completely healthy -- as part of the reasons why he let Ryan go.

The Cowboys lost to the Seahawks, 27-7, but two special-teams turnovers put Dallas into a 10-0 hole in the first quarter. As a defense, the Cowboys were missing only one starter, nose tackle Jay Ratliff, to injury.

In the 34-18 loss to the Bears, quarterback Tony Romo threw five interceptions, with two of those returned for touchdowns. The Cowboys were missing two defensive starters to injury in that game, Anthony Spencer and Ratliff.

"I didn't like the way we were playing in a lot of cases," Jones said in the taped interview that will air in its entirety Saturday night on KTVT-TV in Dallas. "I thought we could play better before the injuries, and so I factored that in. It wasn't like we had a lot of injuries out here when we played Chicago. It wasn't like we had a lot of injuries when we played Seattle. I didn't like the way we played there.

vCash

^^That's been the biggest problem since Jerry ran Jimmy out of town; that Jerry thinks he knows stuff about football.
    The following users like this post: D-Town Sooner

vCash

Originally Posted by Julz View Post
    Jones is an egomaniacal ****. He surely can't believe the shit coming out of his own mouth can he?

vCash

Originally Posted by Julz View Post
    Lol, wow....just....wow.

vCash

**** you Jerry Jones, **** youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter Per @Edwerderespn, Cowboys have focused their search for a defensive coordinator on longtime NFL assistant Monte Kiffin.

why is he doing this to a franchise he wants to allegedly see win