Trent Williams punches Richard Sherman in the face

Posted 655 day(s) ago 2978 Views 43 Replies

http://deadspin.com/5974485/heres-ho...ium=socialflow

Seahawks corner Richard Sherman is an NFL trash-talker ready-made for the internet age. He was one of the NFL's best defensive backs as a rookie in 2011, and yet he didn't register in the national consciousness until he threw a "U MAD BRO?" Tom Brady's way on Twitter in October.

Sherman had another excellent year on the field in 2012, and the rest of the Seahawks played just as well. It looked for a while that Sherman would be suspended after his urine tested positive for Adderall, but he dodged that one Week 17. And now he's in the playoffs, shutting down the Redskins and annoying the hell out of them, too. Tackle Trent Williams eventually decided to punch him in the face (see here) after the game ended. The video below explains why. All we'll say after watching it is that Sherman might actually find some use for Adderall.

http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/vi...q&VID=24189025 <-- Video Direct link

Trent's got quick hands. I'll give him that.

If you're gonna run your mouth I guess you gotta be able to take it. He looks like he can take a punch anyways.

You've got to see this shit. If you're in a hurry, go to :46 on the video to see the entire Williams confrontation.

Hard to judge whether he deserved it or not since we don't know what Sherman said to Williams. Players trash talk every game so you gotta be able to develop some thicker skin and brush comments from guys like him aside. But if he made some kind of personal comment about his family or something, then he probably deserved it.

They were just talking about this on the radio. Sherman was miked for the game and he was chatting with someone. Williams was patiently waiting in line. Apparently something had happened between them during the game He told Sherman what he was going to do and Sherman told him to bring it and Williams did. It was actually a pretty good punch. I will give Trent his props. 99% of the guys have no intention of doing anything. They usually want people to step in between them so they can pose.

Maybe Sherman tried to take this from Trent:
    The following users like this post: ab5sr

hell yeah..."whatcha you gonna do, then do it then" BAM...then he sits there until EVERYONE gathers around and then he says come on, come in here and get you some...lol ****ING ****...

Originally Posted by melbitoast View Post
    Trent's got quick hands. I'll give him that.
    Trent is one of the last real OLs on our team... Beast
    The following users like this post: quatrogenerian

Sherman deserved it, TW shouldn't have done it. Simple as that.

better be ready to dish it when he says DO IT THEN. At least Trent is a man and did what he said he would instead of running his mouth like a little **** that is known as Sherman.

Surprised Garcon didn't smack him too . . .

more like a **** slap or face push than a punch
    3 users like willie's post: beelzeBob, sooner59, Turk

Seeing Sherman's attitude, shouldn't be a surprise he tried to take on Trent.

OU needs more Trent Williams and Jammal Browns...
    6 users like SoonerSteve1's post: BajaOklahoma, Hastur, quatrogenerian, Soonerinsec, sovasooner, Stein7495

I love Trent. But I also like Sherman. Someone that can talk smack like him and then back it up on the football field, those are the type of players you want on your team. Because you can disrupt and get under the other players skin. It obviously showed by Trent getting upset.

Originally Posted by SoonerSteve1 View Post
    OU needs more Trent Williams and Jammal Browns...
    Agreed

yeah looks like a PUSH, too bad he had his helmet on, looks cheesey

Originally Posted by willie View Post
    Was gonna say same thing. Only from a message board type guys can this be considered a "good punch"

Originally Posted by COLLISON ANGRY View Post
    I love Trent. But I also like Sherman. Someone that can talk smack like him and then back it up on the football field, those are the type of players you want on your team. Because you can disrupt and get under the other players skin. It obviously showed by Trent getting upset.
    Total idiocy, coward mentality and just plain low-class ghetto trash mindset.

yeah I agree, when I made my comment from the first video I saw it looked like a bunch. This explains why he didn't go down and stood there and laughed now.

Originally Posted by land burglar73507 View Post
    yeah I agree, when I made my comment from the first video I saw it looked like a bunch. This explains why he didn't go down and stood there and laughed now.
    I'm not sure it was "laughing". Sounded like a nervous, speechless, I'm about to shit myself laugh.

Originally Posted by EufaulaSooner View Post
    Total idiocy, coward mentality and just plain low-class ghetto trash mindset.
    Racist
    3 users like DIB's post: cale_920, Mekko, VoodooChild

Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    I'm not sure it was "laughing". Sounded like a nervous, speechless, I'm about to shit myself laugh.
    That may have been and probably was his true feelings but on the outside he just laughing and holding his hands up like he didn't do anything, oh and making sure there was room for people to get between them

Originally Posted by land burglar73507 View Post
    That may have been and probably was his true feelings but on the outside he just laughing and holding his hands up like he didn't do anything, oh and making sure there was room for people to get between them
    Yep. And he doesn't start saying anything until there's enough people to hold Williams back. Whether you like it or not (not directed at you, just anyone), if you talk shit there's a decent chance someone will smack you in your chops. Don't act surprised and say "I didn't do anything". Well, you told him to punch you in the face.

It wasnt even a punch. He pushed him. Its weak, but its probably less expensive.

That's the most fight an OU player has shown all season.....too bad it was an OU player in the NFL.
    The following users like this post: melbitoast

Originally Posted by pghsooner View Post
    Originally Posted by Sabla View Post
    Was gonna say same thing. Only from a message board type guys can this be considered a "good punch"
    The gif offers a much better view than the video. I was disappointed that TW didn't knock him the **** out, but the gif shows you why he didn't. The gif shows that they were standing too close for TW to get the right distance/angle/whatever to REALLY get him good. Perhaps if he used an uppercut, he would have knocked him out cold. Either way, that's a big mother ****er making a statement.

If that had been a fist then TW woulda broken his jaw.

Originally Posted by melbitoast View Post
    The gif offers a much better view than the video. I was disappointed that TW didn't knock him the **** out, but the gif shows you why he didn't. The gif shows that they were standing too close for TW to get the right distance/angle/whatever to REALLY get him good. Perhaps if he used an uppercut, he would have knocked him out cold. Either way, that's a big mother ****er making a statement.
    BAHAHAHA!!!!!

Move ****...get out the way...

Just got beat on your home field, left your helmet on, and got pissed bc someone was talking shit so you "slapped" him. Way to make OU look good TW.
    The following users like this post: cosmoxl

Originally Posted by ourn View Post
    Just got beat on your home field, left your helmet on, and got pissed bc someone was talking shit so you "slapped" him. Way to make OU look good TW.
    Nobody knows he's from OU. Do you not remember the butthurt thread about him saying some Longview Highschool...or wherever he is from?

Been waiting for one of you guys to explain to us how you've punched a fart box harder with your tongue than that punch.

You guys disappoint.

Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    Nobody knows he's from OU. Do you not remember the butthurt thread about him saying some Longview Highschool...or wherever he is from?
    He actually said Oklahoma for this game, ironically enough.
    The following users like this post: RockFlagandEagle

Ummm......that wasn't a puch...I guess leave to a bunch of message board weenies to think that was a punch....lol..

Originally Posted by ourn View Post
    TW mushed him and if Sherman was as tough as his talk he wouldn't have taken it.

RT @MikeJonesWaPo: Confirmed Trent Williams fined $7,875 for shoving R.Sherman in the face. #Redskins
    @RapSheet
    I thought it was called "mushing"

Originally Posted by Meni View Post
    RT @MikeJonesWaPo: Confirmed Trent Williams fined $7,875 for shoving R.Sherman in the face. #Redskins
    @RapSheet
    I thought it was called "mushing"
    If your gonna get the fine, might as well have punched the ****er smooth out. Guarantee he'd never talk shit to anybody again.

That would be a fun fight to see.