Sacramento Kings move to Seattle? NOOOOPE

Posted 650 day(s) ago 4829 Views 92 Replies
Page 1 of 2 1 2

NBA Sacramento Kings move to Seattle? NOOOOPE

WojYahooNBA: The Maloofs are finalizing an agreement to sell the Sacramento Kings to the Hansen-Ballmer led Seattle group, sources tell Yahoo! Sports.WojYahooNBA: The deal will sell the Kings for approximately $500 million, with the Seattle group seeking relocation to Key Arena for the 2013-'14 season.WojYahooNBA: The Seattle group's plans, with support of the NBA, is to play two seasons in Key Arena before moving into a new Seattle arena, sources say.

Well, isn't that ironic! I wonder how the "new Sonics" will react when people show up in Key Arena wearing purple Chris Webber jerseys.
    The following users like this post: nstinson

(Rumor) SAC Kings sold to SEA Investor

Looks like there's plenty of smoke on this one. Can't believe those ****s would *steal* from another city!
    3 users like OUMallen's post: freedombird, Mekko, OUSchitzo

They stole the Kings! How dare they! They lied.

KOK - Keep Our Kings

All Sacramento residents should go leave dirty and offensive messages on the Seattle Times website as well as other Seattle media websites. This aggression will not stand!
    5 users like traxx's post: freedombird, Lake_Bum, LetsgoSooners82, OrangeBlossom, OUMallen

L-O-L

Oops, please merge!

Thunder-Kings--->Rivalry in the making??

What a bunch of thieving flannel f-stains.

Re: Sacramento Kings move to Seattle

Originally Posted by vrortiz405 View Post
    Thunder-Kings--->Rivalry in the making??
    Automatic. Can't wait to whoop that ass..

Originally Posted by ArbySooner View Post
    Automatic. Can't wait to whoop that ass..
    Unless they get some talent and start winning, I don't know if it would ever be considered one (rivalry)

Somehow the state of Oklahoma and it's residents will be blamed for this as well.
    3 users like SoopaSooner's post: freedombird, Lake_Bum, traxx

Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

I hope they take their history, colors, logos and all that shit back... I'm tired of OKC having to babysit that shit for them because they were worthless slugs and couldn't even support their team.

And, when the Thunder win a World Championship, it'll be the first one in franchise history.
    4 users like MikeLucky's post: freedombird, HeroOfTheDay, lash, VRO405

LINK

HOLY **** $500 Million dollars. Forbes rates the team as of 1/12/2012 at Market Value 305 Million. The Maloofs bought the team in 1998 for 156 Million. Seattle I hope you like the product you are buying for 500 MILLION.

Highway robbery.

@KingsGate2013
    I have plans to make a shitty documentary on my teams move and blame everyone but our fan support. Any suggestions @Sonicsgate ?

Your typical response from Seattle blowhards. From RealGM:

fallacy wrote: Remember those guys who made the sonicsgate documentary? They don't seem too sad about stealing a team themselves

Sonicsgate ‏@Sonicsgate
    Ultimately the goal of our film & movement has always been to bring @NBA back to Seattle. We're just hoops fans to the core. Thanks everyone

bennith13 wrote:

Its kind of sick how you are going all over the general board delighting in the misery of Sacramento fans and then taunting and name calling Seattle fans. Grow up. Its terrible that the King's are moving. I feel very bad for Sacramento fans... At the same time why should I suffer because your d bag owner stole my team? David Stern and your d bag owner showed Seattle and every other city that doesn't have an NBA team how the game is played. Seattle is just going along with how the NBA is set up. It is a shame this is the way it has to work, but until something is done about David Stern and the NBA model then this is how it works. I know its selfish, but I want a team. It just sucks that for me and Seattle fans to get a team another city has to feel pain. Its even worse that you are allowed to be on here crap talking a Sacramento fan base that is going to go through some pain.

Enjoy your teams success while you can... everyone knows that OKC didn't have to suffer through any leans years and crappy teams to get to the level they are at now. No sane person really believes that your little town is going to support that team like real fans in real cities do six to 12 years from now when they are perennial losers. Maybe at that point when your team is about to move to Sacramento some little d bag kid will be crap talking about your team should have never even been in OKC to begin with...

Sacramento actually had an agreement in place to build a new arena but the owners pulled the rug out from under them. I would say that is much worse than what happened to the Seattle fans.
    2 users like lycao's post: IndySooner, suncoastsooner

Last edited by lycao; January 9th, 2013 at 04:47 PM. Reason: spelling

off season fun, lets go!

@BillSimmons when are you going to start your articles on the ZombieKings? I mean you are going to right?
    3 users like SSSSSSMMMMMMCCCCC's post: freedombird, Lake_Bum, VRO405

Last edited by SSSSSSMMMMMMCCCCC; January 9th, 2013 at 03:18 PM. Reason: holy shit pasting error!

Originally Posted by OrangeBlossom View Post
    @KingsGate2013
    I have plans to make a shitty documentary on my teams move and blame everyone but our fan support. Any suggestions @Sonicsgate ?

I will follow them.

Originally Posted by lycao View Post
    Sacramento actually had an agreement in place to build a new arena but the owners pulled the run out from under them. I would say that is much worse than what happened to the Seattle fans.
    The way the Kings left KC was ten times worse than anything that happened to Seattle. It's a basketball team. Get over it.

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    The way the Kings left KC was ten times worse than anything that happened to Seattle. It's a basketball team. Get over it.
    What happened in Kansas City?

Originally Posted by lycao View Post
    What happened in Kansas City?
    Well I'll be the first to admit that the city gave up on the Kings. We were competing for and making the playoffs and then in the early to mid 80's the team fell off some and interest crashed. The comets were new and hip and exciting and they shared the arena with the Kings. They made them look old and tired. There were efforst to put a local ownership together but that failed. This guy came in from Sacramento and shoveled the shit about keeping them here and he's do this and do that and of course the town ate it up and got their hearts into to it. He just wanted the team because the arena he wanted to build was part of a huge development in Ca he had going. Buying the team was only about money and nothing to do with basketball. The entire ordeal left a very bad taste in our mouths - as does something like this anywhere it happens. There just wasn't all the public butthurting here.

Originally Posted by mushu405 View Post
    LINK

HOLY **** $500 Million dollars. Forbes rates the team as of 1/12/2012 at Market Value 305 Million. The Maloofs bought the team in 1998 for 156 Million. Seattle I hope you like the product you are buying for 500 MILLION.

Highway robbery.

So they may buy the team, but there's no wors on whether the NBA will allow relocation? I don't think Clay would be petty about this, but I would think they would at least make them have an arena first.

Last time I heard about this possibility, the new arena issue failed even though the investment group was going to pony up most of the money. Something about the location..

David Stern and your d bag owner showed Seattle and every other city that doesn't have an NBA team how the game is played. Seattle is just going along with how the NBA is set up. It is a shame this is the way it has to work, but until something is done about David Stern and the NBA model then this is how it works.
    Yeah, because the Sonics are the only professional sports team that's ever moved cities.

Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Yeah, because the Sonics are the only professional sports team that's ever moved cities.
    Yes. OKC is what's wrong with the world.
    The following users like this post: freedombird

I guess we were wrong!
    2 users like Cowboy1964adam's post: MadMex, sovasooner

Modern day Seattle. As opposed to those ancient times of 2007. It was a simpler time back then.

Mixed on this. Us small market teams need to stick together so I would like to see Sacremento survive. On the other hand, OKC-Seattle would be an epic rivalry.

But I'm mainly hoping for divisional realignment. OKC should be in the same division as Dallas/SA/Houston/Memphis. Each of those games has become a rivalry. I was hoping the Hornets would relocate to Seattle, they can go back to the NW, we can go to the SW division, and there would be a lot more intense games to follow and draw national attention. Utah/Denver/Portland just don't do much (OKC-Minnesota can be something going forward...). Maybe Sacremento can take the Hornets and get this divisional stuff straightened out...

Can't wait for KD, Rus, Serge and the Thunder boys to walk in Seattle and beat the shit out of the ZombieKings/Supersonics

Any new word on this?

well i am hearing that part of the Mulloffs family wants the Kings to be sold and the other half doesn't want the team to be sold so there that.

I haven't really seen much on it, just a lot of speculation.

If they sold the team and the Seattle buyers buy them and then the NBA denies the move/not enough votes...I would laaaauuugh.

Guess who is chairman of the NBA Board of Governors relocation committee?

Originally Posted by SG1 View Post

First words come to mind... Whos bad I'm bad.... LOL

Originally Posted by SG1 View Post

I said it earlier, but I don't think he'd do anything petty. However if the investment group in Seattle buys the team that it's an automatic relocation. I think the league would still try to force a new arena to be built.

I said it earlier, but I don't think he'd do anything petty. However if the investment group in Seattle buys the team that it's an automatic relocation. I think the league would still try to force a new arena to be built.
    I didn't go back and look but didn't one of the articles someone quoted or linked above say that they were going to build a new arena and that the owners would pay part of the arena construction cost? So they end doing what they said they wouldn't. If they'd built an arena when Schultz owned the team and showed up to some games the team never woudl've been sold and wouldn't have moved.

I didn't go back and look but didn't one of the articles someone quoted or linked above say that they were going to build a new arena and that the owners would pay part of the arena construction cost? So they end doing what they said they wouldn't. If they'd built an arena when Schultz owned the team and showed up to some games the team never woudl've been sold and wouldn't have moved.
    Last I heard on this some time ago (year ago I think), this investment group was saying they'd foot majority of the bill but was having a hars time with the city approving it. I will try to find article.

If they sold the team and the Seattle buyers buy them and then the NBA denies the move/not enough votes...I would laaaauuugh.
    nba can't stop a team from moving ...

arena deal is done they will have it in 3 years ... (2 years in key arena)

I wonder if they would move the Thunder from the pacific northwest to somewhere else

Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    nba can't stop a team from moving ...

arena deal is done they will have it in 3 years ... (2 years in key arena)
    Sure they can stop a team from moving.

Arena must pass an environmental review and they have to secure NBA team before they can break ground.

Sure they can stop a team from moving.

Arena must pass an environmental review and they have to secure NBA team before they can break ground.
    no they can't nor can the NFL or NHL .... go read the al davis v NFL lawsuit

There's a report out that the Kings were sold for $525 million.

I think Seattle and Utah should switch divisions.

Sacramento gives no ****s.... they're treating the Kings like this board treats Bob.

Originally Posted by SoopaSooner View Post
    There's a report out that the Kings were sold for $525 million.

I think Seattle and Utah should switch divisions.
    So they dropped a billion dollars on this deal? Damn..

SoonerBounce Guest
    i hope the Kings go to KC and screw seattle

Why would Chris Hansen and his group spend a billion between the team and new stadium and then move them to KC?

Go back to posting about Taylor Swift

SoonerBounce Guest
    Originally Posted by 2121sooner View Post
    Why would Chris Hansen and his group spend a billion between the team and new stadium and then move them to KC?

Go back to posting about Taylor Swift
    didn't say they would