Sacramento Kings move to Seattle? NOOOOPE

Posted 660 day(s) ago by tydude4847 Views 92 Replies
Page 2 of 2 1 2
    You're right. You didn't say they would.

Carry on

Re: Sacramento Kings move to Seattle

Mayor to present counter offer

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=8846577

I would love to see the the Sonics return. I do feel for the Sac fans though.

Wow, looks like it might be official. Mafools are selling 65% of the team for $525 million. Damn that is a lot of scratch for only 65% of the team.

Wow, according to my math, that puts the total value of the franchise at approx 809 million. Holy chit

Sacramento Kings move to Seattle

What did Bennett and the boys pay for the Sonics?

A quick google search says they paid $305 million. So they sell the best young franchise in the league for 305 and buy 65% of a turd for $525?

Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    A quick google search says they paid $305 million. So they sell the best young franchise in the league for 305 and buy 65% of a turd for $525?
    The Sonics were not the best young franchise in the league. They had Wally Walker running the show and making great draft choices like Robert Swift and Mohammed Sene.

Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
    The Sonics were not the best young franchise in the league. They had Wally Walker running the show and making great draft choices like Robert Swift and Mohammed Sene.
    I get that but are Seattleites going to perceive that point? Just like I put it and not reality like you put it. Think about sonicsgate and what they spew. We didn't steal there beloved Robert Swift. No we took Westbrook.

Ok, Woj just clarified. The franchise is valued at $525, and the Seattle group is paying 65% of that, which is in the $340 range

Uh oh, shit just got real...

@PeterVecsey1 Source says almost living lock Phil Jackson will become front office face of Seattle-bound Kings' franchise. Won't coach. Will mentor choice
    Though this sounds like a cash grab by Phil. New naive owners looking for a big name to make a big splash bringing a team back to Seattle were easy marks. Phil is going to get big bucks for a cush job.

Yea. Jackson will cash in for a few years until he "parts ways" with Seattle. heh

Re: Sacramento Kings move to Seattle

Can't believe they over paid. Oh yeah, I can.

Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
    Uh oh, shit just got real...

Though this sounds like a cash grab by Phil. New naive owners looking for a big name to make a big splash bringing a team back to Seattle were easy marks. Phil is going to get big bucks for a cush job.
    He'll get invested in the team and when the new coach can't cut the mustard he'll take over. Mark it down.

How the worm has turned for the people of Seattle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

LOL desperate much, they just paid 525M for that garbage?

SoonerBounce Guest
    so is this still happening?

Originally Posted by SoonerBounce View Post
    so is this still happening?
    Sacramento is fighting to keep them. Seattle upped the offer by $25 mil just recently.

RT @WojYahooNBA
    The NBA committees have voted no to relocation of Kings to Seattle, sources tell Y! Sports

@ESPNSteinLine 1m
    Sources say today's NBA committee vote against moving Kings out of Sacramento was unanimous

hahahahahha
    6 users like usaosooner's post: MadMex, OnlyOne, SG1, SoonerBeerSnob, TenYards, VRO405

Milwaukee you're on the clock.

Originally Posted by SoopaSooner View Post
    Milwaukee you're on the clock.
    This, the Bucks will end up in Seattle

Seattle fans are very upset.There is no chance of Hanson filling a lawsuit against NBA because NBA may not grant them a team

Suicide watch in Seattle..

Originally Posted by ArbySooner View Post
    Suicide watch in Seattle..
    Isn't that just Tuesday?

DAMN ITTTTTTT!!! I really want a team in Seattle... I'm tired of rooting for the ****ing Portland Amateurblazers

ChrisDaniels5: BREAKING: Chris Hansen raises bid on #NBAKings to $625 Million - up $75 million from previous offer.
    Rob_McAllister: Nice play for Hansen bumping offer to $650mil, but unfortunately this is not a bidding war. If it was Sea would have Kings already.

Originally Posted by tydude View Post
    ChrisDaniels5: BREAKING: Chris Hansen raises bid on #NBAKings to $625 Million - up $75 million from previous offer.
    Rob_McAllister: Nice play for Hansen bumping offer to $650mil, but unfortunately this is not a bidding war. If it was Sea would have Kings already.
    Rumor has it the biggest reason why the owners are 86ng the Seattle deal is they hate the SAC owners and that's what the SAC owners want.

RT“@sam_amick: The NBA Board of Governors has voted down the relocation bid to move the Kings to Seattle, @USATODAYsports has learned”

lolololol

IT would be interesting to see how each person on the board voted. Wonder if Clay abstained? He probably should what with his history and all. Don't see how he could win no matter which way he voted.

Why is that so funny?

Just curious.

I think that as long as there is an ownership group ready to step up and pay for the team and there is support for the Kings they need to stay in Sacramento. I wouldn't want to steal a team from another city. But that's just me.

Are you that insecure about OKC having nothing but your Thunder that you're ok with them being stolen from Seattle and that you have to make some idiotic LOL comment like some 16 year old high school ****?

I for one am happy they voted for the Kings to stay.
    The following users like this post: Wailer

Originally Posted by Wailer View Post
    IT would be interesting to see how each person on the board voted. Wonder if Clay abstained? He probably should what with his history and all. Don't see how he could win no matter which way he voted.
    I know Paul Allen voted yes.

And Clay Clay was in a no win situation. He should not be on the relocation committee to begin with. But then again he is Stern's boy and will do whatever Stern says to do. In the end, it's a good thing they stayed. I will be curious to see how the lawsuit shakes out in Sacramento. Sounds like the stadium is going to take tens of millions in public funds that are being disclosed

Should be good entertainment.

SoonerBounce Guest
    Originally Posted by 2121sooner View Post
    Why is that so funny?

Just curious.

I think that as long as there is an ownership group ready to step up and pay for the team and there is support for the Kings they need to stay in Sacramento. I wouldn't want to steal a team from another city. But that's just me.

Are you that insecure about OKC having nothing but your Thunder that you're ok with them being stolen from Seattle and that you have to make some idiotic LOL comment like some 16 year old high school ****?

I for one am happy they voted for the Kings to stay.
    Lol

I told you Clay Bennett was a dick. Seattle will have a franchise again. Their rich guys are richer than OKCs rich guys, therefore eventually the sonics will come kick some thunder ass.

I can't wait.
    The following users like this post: 2121sooner

SoonerBounce Guest
    Originally Posted by Chautoramus View Post
    I told you Clay Bennett was a dick. Seattle will have a franchise again. Their rich guys are richer than OKCs rich guys, therefore eventually the sonics will come kick some thunder ass.

I can't wait.
    Lol

You Seattle dbags should follow Cobain.

Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Yup. They said they'd never sell locally. Of course they were bluffing..

Originally Posted by ArbySooner View Post
    Yup. They said they'd never sell locally. Of course they were bluffing..

The Maloofs got top dollar by using Seattle. There is no way the team would have sold at that price if they had simply negotiated with a Sacramento group of buyers.

The consolation prize for Seattle is that they are probably closer to getting either an expansion team or a relocation in a few years.

Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

Originally Posted by nocalsooner View Post
    The consolation prize for Seattle is that they are probably closer to getting either an expansion team or a relocation in a few years.
    Or, they could just continue to be the nice little threatening leverage that Stern loves to have sitting there in his back pocket... City of Milwaukee... you don't want to build a new arena??? Guess we better start talking to Seattle. POOF... New Milwaukee arena.

Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    Or, they could just continue to be the nice little threatening leverage that Stern loves to have sitting there in his back pocket... City of Milwaukee... you don't want to build a new arena??? Guess we better start talking to Seattle. POOF... New Milwaukee arena.
    I think Stern is retiring. Sacramento actually had an arena plan in place last year, with city council approval, but the Maloofs backed out. They needed to sell the team at top profit.

Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    this