What Are You Wearing Today Thread

Posted 465 day(s) ago by SoonerBounce24359 Views 1134 Replies
Results 901 to 950 of 1135
Page 19 of 23 9 17 18 19 20 21
  1. #901
    Tug Medick's Avatar
    Posts
    797
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Buttram Road

    Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    Blasphemous! But I appreciate the confirming evidence that triple oh does indeed dress like Saint Fred.

  2. #902
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    23,117
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    vCash
    15276

    What Are You Wearing Today Thread

    Originally Posted by Tug Medick View Post
    Blasphemous! But I appreciate the confirming evidence that triple oh does indeed dress like Saint Fred.
    Ya welcome.

  3. #903
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    36,752
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    vCash
    0
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    But does OOO put on his keds once he gets inside?

  4. #904
    Tug Medick's Avatar
    Posts
    797
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Buttram Road

    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    But does OOO put on his keds once he gets inside?
    I like to think he does under the warm glow of a traffic light.
    2 users like Tug Medick's post: KCRuf/Nek, McRib


  5. #905
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    23,117
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    vCash
    15276

    What Are You Wearing Today Thread

    O3 is a snappy dresser.

  6. #906
    Tug Medick's Avatar
    Posts
    797
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Buttram Road

    Hello neighbor.
    The following users like this post: McRib


  7. #907

    What Are You Wearing Today Thread

    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    MJ?
    Maui Jim's

  8. #908
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    36,752
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    vCash
    0
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Maui Jim's
    Sunglasses? I like my Wayfarers.
    The following users like this post: Troker


  9. #909

    What Are You Wearing Today Thread

    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Sunglasses? I like my Wayfarers.
    Gave those up with Miami Vice.

  10. #910
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    36,752
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    vCash
    0
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Gave those up with Miami Vice.
    Classic and timeless never go out of style.

  11. #911

    What Are You Wearing Today Thread

    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Classic and timeless never go out of style.
    That's what the no sock wearers tell me.

  12. #912
    Troker's Avatar
    Posts
    2,467
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    vCash
    3357
    Location
    Not far enough away from Stillwater.

    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    That's what the no sock wearers tell me.
    Hahaha, I rock the Wayfarers with boat shoes sock-less in the summer all the time. Good call.
    2 users like Troker's post: McRib, oucub23


  13. #913
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    36,752
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    vCash
    0
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    That's what the no sock wearers tell me.
    Had two pairs in 30 years. I have a pair of Cats somewhere.

  14. #914
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    36,752
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    vCash
    0
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by Troker View Post
    Hahaha, I rock the Wayfarers with boat shoes sock-less in the summer all the time. Good call.
    I'm thinking he was being constructive. More fashion snobbery.

  15. #915

    What Are You Wearing Today Thread

    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    I'm thinking he was being constructive. More fashion snobbery.
    Nah, I'm not a fashion snob. I do like to know the why rather than just doing as I'm told, but that's not exclusive to clothing. Honestly, Nike shorts and a Dri-Fit are my wear of choice.



    I just have PFSD regarding the wasteland that was the 80s.
    The following users like this post: Aurora


  16. #916
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    36,752
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    vCash
    0
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Nah, I'm not a fashion snob. I do like to know the why rather than just doing as I'm told, but that's not exclusive to clothing. Honestly, Nike shorts and a Dri-Fit are my wear of choice.



    Well they date back to the 50's and you can't see a picture of JFK on his boat without his pair. Not exactly an 80's thing. I had my first pair before that decade.

    I just have PFSD regarding the wasteland that was the 80s.

  17. #917
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    23,117
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    vCash
    15276

    What Are You Wearing Today Thread

    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Nah, I'm not a fashion snob. I do like to know the why rather than just doing as I'm told, but that's not exclusive to clothing. Honestly, Nike shorts and a Dri-Fit are my wear of choice.



    I just have PFSD regarding the wasteland that was the 80s.
    I have stilettos that color.
    The following users like this post: oucub23


  18. #918
    Troker's Avatar
    Posts
    2,467
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    vCash
    3357
    Location
    Not far enough away from Stillwater.

    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    I'm thinking he was being constructive. More fashion snobbery.
    I agree. I'm a little younger than most on here (26) so I expect our tastes to be a little different.
    The following users like this post: oucub23


  19. #919
    Sooner209's Avatar
    Posts
    1,441
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    ICT

    What Are You Wearing Today Thread

    Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    I have stilettos that color.
    Matching unds?
    The following users like this post: McRib


  20. #920
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    36,752
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    vCash
    0
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by Troker View Post
    I agree. I'm a little younger than most on here (26) so I expect our tastes to be a little different.
    Good taste knows no age.
    The following users like this post: Troker


  21. #921
    smot poker's Avatar
    Posts
    3,253
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    vCash
    1000



    Ratty old wool sweater
    ExOfficio shorts
    Shimano bike shoes
    No helmet (cuz I'm a rebel)


    Soul Cycle 29er Single Speed, All rigid.
    The following users like this post: McRib


  22. #922
    Originally Posted by smot poker View Post
    Soul Cycle 29er Single Speed, All rigid.
    I'm asking this question out of ignorance. Why do you prefer a single speed, all rigid?

  23. #923
    SoonerBounce Guest
    SoonerBounce's Avatar
    Posts
    n/a
    vCash
    Originally Posted by 180WestBrooks View Post
    I'm asking this question out of ignorance. Why do you prefer a single speed, all rigid?
    trying to fit in with hipsters is my guess

  24. #924
    smot poker's Avatar
    Posts
    3,253
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    vCash
    1000

    Originally Posted by 180WestBrooks View Post
    I'm asking this question out of ignorance. Why do you prefer a single speed, all rigid?
    I did it out of curiosity, I started seeing more and more SS bikes popping up and wanted to see what all the rage was. I built this thing up and was reminded why I love to ride bikes. I could go on and on about the things I love, like not having a squishy suspension that sucks out power, having the direct drive on the chain and not weaving through a derailleur, not continually shifting gears, which creates a freedom to just attack a course, or how it has made me a much stronger rider and is better exercise. I could write a book about all the things I love about it.

    Originally Posted by SoonerBounce View Post
    trying to fit in with hipsters is my guess
    If I were a hipster I'd have a fixie.

  25. #925
    Originally Posted by smot poker View Post
    I did it out of curiosity, I started seeing more and more SS bikes popping up and wanted to see what all the rage was. I built this thing up and was reminded why I love to ride bikes. I could go on and on about the things I love, like not having a squishy suspension that sucks out power, having the direct drive on the chain and not weaving through a derailleur, not continually shifting gears, which creates a freedom to just attack a course, or how it has made me a much stronger rider and is better exercise. I could write a book about all the things I love about it.
    Interesting, though I liked the hipster explanation better.


    Originally Posted by smot poker View Post
    If I were a hipster I'd have a fixie.
    I googled the answer to my second ignorant question -- What is a fixie?

    Which led to my third ignorant question (which I also googled) -- how does a fixie differ from a single speed?

    I'm up to speed now.
    The following users like this post: smot poker


  26. #926

    What Are You Wearing Today Thread

    Smot. You're representing the OW. When you look bad, we look bad. Please pick it up a notch.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  27. #927
    smot poker's Avatar
    Posts
    3,253
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    vCash
    1000

    Originally Posted by PokeJ View Post
    Smot. You're representing the OW. When you look bad, we look bad. Please pick it up a notch.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was sent from the hipster underground to convert you. Soon all the OWers will be cloth bag carrying, single speed riding, plastic consumption reducing, pot smoking, vegan hipsters. You have been warned.

  28. #928
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    23,117
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    vCash
    15276

    What Are You Wearing Today Thread

    Ut oh. I'm screwed.

  29. #929
    Wailer's Avatar
    Posts
    4,159
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    NE OKC

    Originally Posted by smot poker View Post
    I was sent from the hipster underground to convert you. Soon all the OWers will be cloth bag carrying, single speed riding, plastic consumption reducing, pot smoking, vegan hipsters. You have been warned.

    ssshhhhhh I'm already there.

  30. #930
    Mississippi Sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    3,034
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    East St Louis, yo

    Originally Posted by smot poker View Post
    I was sent from the hipster underground to convert you. Soon all the OWers will be cloth bag carrying, single speed riding, plastic consumption reducing, pot smoking, vegan hipsters. You have been warned.
    I can go for it. Except for that cloth bag, single speed, plastic reducing, vegan crap.

  31. #931
    Originally Posted by PokeJ View Post
    Smot. You're representing the OW. When you look bad, we look bad. Please pick it up a notch.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    SHHHHHHH! We've almost got this converted from a what are you wearing thread to a what kind of bike do you like thread.


    Smot, 180 googled it, but I'm way too lazy to click my browser and type in fixie to see for myself... so what's a fixie?
    The following users like this post: smot poker


  32. #932
    smot poker's Avatar
    Posts
    3,253
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    vCash
    1000

    If you talk bikes enough the google ad will link you to a cool fixie bike manufacturer.

    A fixie is a singled speed with a fixed hub, meaning there is no freewheel. When the tires are rolling the cranks are spinning. You ride these bikes with no brakes using a skid method to stop. I have been very tempted to build one up. They are cheap and cool.

    ****!!! The more we talk the more I sound like a hipster.

  33. #933
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    23,117
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    vCash
    15276

    What Are You Wearing Today Thread

    I even Instragrammed a pic of my cloth grocery bags in the trunk of my hybrid this past weekend.

    :: headdesk ::

    I've just got to learn how to change speeds on my bike!

  34. #934
    Originally Posted by smot poker View Post
    You ride these bikes with no brakes using a skid method to stop.
    This is where I would die.



    So then the single speed like in your picture can free-wheel, and you have hand brakes?

  35. #935
    smot poker's Avatar
    Posts
    3,253
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    vCash
    1000

    Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    I even Instragrammed a pic of my cloth grocery bags in the trunk of my hybrid this past weekend.

    :: headdesk ::

    I've just got to learn how to change speeds on my bike!
    Also, paper bags are a good choice, so you can use them as your garbage bags, thus eliminating the plastic trash bag.

    <-----super hipster

  36. #936
    Originally Posted by smot poker View Post
    Also, paper bags are a good choice, so you can use them as your garbage bags, thus eliminating the plastic trash bag.

    <-----super hipster
    Do you use recycleable moustache wax?

  37. #937
    smot poker's Avatar
    Posts
    3,253
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    vCash
    1000

    Originally Posted by soonerbornsoonerbret View Post
    Do you use recycleable moustache wax?
    I use freshly clubbed all natural baby seal blubber.

  38. #938
    Originally Posted by smot poker View Post


    Ratty old wool sweater
    ExOfficio shorts
    Shimano bike shoes
    No helmet (cuz I'm a rebel)


    Soul Cycle 29er Single Speed, All rigid.
    You mountain bike on a single speed? I have a fixed gear with a flip flop single speed hub, but its my beater I ride around on when not going on long rides, and its on 23 x 700's.

  39. #939
    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Good taste knows no age.
    I was more busting your chops on the Wayfarer thing. I've always been a fan.

  40. #940
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    23,117
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    vCash
    15276

    What Are You Wearing Today Thread

    Originally Posted by smot poker View Post
    Also, paper bags are a good choice, so you can use them as your garbage bags, thus eliminating the plastic trash bag.

    <-----super hipster
    I totally do when they're available, & recycle all of the plastic ones I end up with - my grocery finally has a plastic bag recycling bin in front.

  41. #941
    Troker's Avatar
    Posts
    2,467
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    vCash
    3357
    Location
    Not far enough away from Stillwater.

    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    I was more busting your chops on the Wayfarer thing. I've always been a fan.
    The following users like this post: oucub23


  42. #942
    I take my plastic bags into my back yard and burn them.

  43. #943
    Mississippi Sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    3,034
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    East St Louis, yo

    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    I take my plastic bags into my back yard and burn them.
    It's even better if you pour your used motor oil on them first.

  44. #944
    Originally Posted by Mississippi Sooner View Post
    It's even better if you pour your used motor oil on them first.
    I use that to keep the grass out of my fence line.

  45. #945
    Mississippi Sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    3,034
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    East St Louis, yo

    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    I use that to keep the grass out of my fence line.
    Now that's thinking green. Or, brown, as it were.

  46. #946
    smot poker's Avatar
    Posts
    3,253
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    vCash
    1000

    Originally Posted by party1234 View Post
    You mountain bike on a single speed? I have a fixed gear with a flip flop single speed hub, but its my beater I ride around on when not going on long rides, and its on 23 x 700's.
    Yeah, I'll ride that bike anywhere. I change my cog when I'm riding hilly or mountainous terrain but mainly leave it as a 32-16 around home which is mostly small rollers.

  47. #947
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    23,117
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    vCash
    15276

    What Are You Wearing Today Thread

    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    I take my plastic bags into my back yard and burn them.
    Do you bend over & suck up the smoke?

  48. #948
    Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    Do you bend over & suck up the smoke?
    I have a little bag barbecue in the yard. You can see the flames for miles. We dance around it like wild ****s! You understand me? Catching my drift?

  49. #949
    smot poker's Avatar
    Posts
    3,253
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    vCash
    1000

    You should use plastic or polystyrene place settings also; it's so convenient and easy to clean up. Plastic also makes kick ass food storage, its cheap and doesn't break when you drop it.

  50. #950
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    36,752
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    vCash
    0
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by Mississippi Sooner View Post
    It's even better if you pour your used motor oil on them first.
    I usually just take that and dump it in the stream out back.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 362
    Last Post: April 17th, 2014, 12:17 AM
  2. Road rage thread . . . how fun was your commute today?
    By Sooner Bob in forum O'Connell's
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: April 1st, 2014, 10:48 AM
  3. A Thread About Things You Learned Today!!!
    By greensooner in forum O'Connell's
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 30th, 2013, 10:33 PM
  4. Replies: 19
    Last Post: January 8th, 2013, 03:01 PM
  5. I hope you're wearing your Depends today
    By oucub23 in forum ThunderDome
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: August 14th, 2012, 06:53 PM