Hey Obama voters..

Posted 646 day(s) ago by SarasotaSooner2047 Views 79 Replies
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Originally Posted by Palmbeachsooner View Post
    Where are the ****ing jobs???????,
    They need to ban you permanently, or at least keep you from starting threads like a perma-n00b.

Business executives like to portray the Obama administration as the “most anti-business” in history, creating an “increasingly hostile environment for investment and job creation.” However, the data tells a far different story. According to a Bloomberg News analysis, corporate profits have grown by 171 percent under Obama, the most in the post-war era:
    U.S. corporations’ after-tax profits have grown by 171 percent under Obama, more than under any president since World War II, and are now at their highest level relative to the size of the economy since the government began keeping records in 1947, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.
    Profits are more than twice as high as their peak during President Ronald Reagan’s administration and more than 50 percent greater than during the late-1990s Internet boom, measured by the size of the economy.

I'm not even pro-Obama, I jsut can't help myself from proving your stupid ass wrong.

Re: Hey Obama voters..

Originally Posted by OUMallen View Post
    They need to ban you permanently, or at least keep you from starting threads like a perma-n00b.

I'm not even pro-Obama, I jsut can't help myself from proving your stupid ass wrong.
    Ban me permanently? Go to hell. This place has lost the very thing that brought me here to begin with and has simply become another Soonerfans.com

The search apparently continues.

Goodbye

Corporate profits do not equal jobs.

Corporations outsourcing overseas. Cutting workers by modernising manufacturing processes. AND not hiring due to volatile and unknown tax changes etc can inflate profit but do not equal jobs.

Nice qualifier "relative to the size of the economy"

If corporate profits remained static and your economy shrunk. Corporate profits would increase as a percent wait for it relative to the size of the economy.
    The following users like this post: OUSchitzo

Ban me permanently? Go to hell. This place has lost the very thing that brought me here to begin with and has simply become another Soonerfans.com

Goodbye

Goodbye

Goodbye
    Thank God. Literally no one on this board likes or respects you. I just hope you have a lot more substance IRL than you exhibit here. Don't let the door hit ya!
    3 users like OUMallen's post: Aurora, greensooner, ngintunr

No budget for 5 years, 16 TRILLION in debt, no jobs, but it doesn't matter because he's black.

Nothing in your post proves PBS wrong, even if he is a tard.

Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
    Nothing in your post proves PBS wrong, even if he is a tard.
    Obama's government is delivering the highest profits in a long time for corporations. I think that's sufficient to state he doesn't have a point about jobs and he's just bleating like an idiot for no good reason.

Obama's government is delivering the highest profits in a long time for corporations. I think that's sufficient to state he doesn't have a point about jobs and he's just bleating like an idiot for no good reason.
    No it isnt. As pointed out above corporate profit margins does not equal jobs.

Thank God. Literally no one on this board likes or respects you. I just hope you have a lot more substance IRL than you exhibit here. Don't let the door hit ya!
    Oh darn. A pile of simpletons back in Methlahoma don't like me. LMAO

Please enlighten me on your vast knowledge of the modern world.
    The following users like this post: party1234

Mallen just hates me because the Heat kick the living dog shit out of her Sonics every time they play.

Nice . . . you're winning me over with crap like this.

http://data.bls.gov/pdq/SurveyOutputServlet

Each on of the dips is caused by a recession...

You can damn sure see where the computer revolution impacted the ratio...in my manufacturing history I saw the big changes in data collection and accessibility starting in 1979...

Get ready...a third chart whenever we are talking unemployment...

Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
    No it isnt. As pointed out above corporate profit margins does not equal jobs.
    which has nothing to do with government and everything to do with those corporations... If they are making money and not hiring well the president can't fix that... unless we want some more big government telling corporations what to do

Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    which has nothing to do with government and everything to do with those corporations... If they are making money and not hiring well the president can't fix that... unless we want some more big government telling corporations what to do
    So do the corporations get the credit for creating jobs or does the president? And then who gets the blame for not creating them?

By nature a company is going to become more and more productive over time...that ever increasing man hour production...it is ongoing, recession or not...and that helps the bottom line...

They also have to gaze into the Chrystal Ball and predict the economic future....and since 2008 that future ain't been too good...the recession gave them large amounts of underutilized facilities so there was no need to go an spend good capital to build a new production facility...and the future has been nothing but uncertainty multiple issues due to DC bipartisanship....

1. Productivity gains
    2. We have overcapacity
    3. Slow economic growth
    4. Uncertainties about future regulation cost, taxes, healthcare...it has been an unmerciful beat down...

We are hopefully get the tax and spending cut issue behind us...even though we still have overcapacity we are not quite as bad off...if the tax increases and spending cuts don't kill us we might actually see some improved expansion...

Increasing regulations and uncertain taxation do not create an atmosphere for growth. Some currentvfigures are inflated as individuals and corporations took compensation and profit before the end of 2012 to avoid 2013 higher taxes.

Corporate profit is up as a percentage measured against a smaller economy.

The unemployment rate no longer counts those who have given up looking for work and as a result is held artificially low.

There is bareley 60% of eligible working adults counted in the figures and slightly over 50% are employed. That does not factor in underemployed.

Right the President cannot create jobs he enables an environment that is friendly or unfriendly to the job creators.

How many more trillions of shovel ready stimulus will we go into debt for until obama realizes that. But then again his crony capitalism political donation paying stimulus receiving backers love him.

Not exactly.... if they are making money but are unwilling to expand or hire due to the uncertainty caused by an executive branch that is constantly attempting to raise taxes, increase regulations, or even use unsound monetary policy that affects the value of the currency then the President has a lot to do with that.

Originally Posted by Sooner Bob View Post
    So do the corporations get the credit for creating jobs or does the president? And then who gets the blame for not creating them?
    I think the president gets a lot of faux credits...

simpletons eh? the irony is strong in this one

Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    simpletons eh? the irony is strong in this one
    Flyover country. Like a spare. There but not pertinent unless the media wants to highlight a wildfire or tornado.

Originally Posted by lokifz1 View Post
    Increasing regulations and uncertain taxation do not create an atmosphere for growth. Some currentvfigures are inflated as individuals and corporations took compensation and profit before the end of 2012 to avoid 2013 higher taxes.

Corporate profit is up as a percentage measured against a smaller economy.

The unemployment rate no longer counts those who have given up looking for work and as a result is held artificially low.

There is bareley 60% of eligible working adults counted in the figures and slightly over 50% are employed. That does not factor in underemployed.

Right the President cannot create jobs he enables an environment that is friendly or unfriendly to the job creators.

How many more trillions of shovel ready stimulus will we go into debt for until obama realizes that. But then again his crony capitalism political donation paying stimulus receiving backers love him.
    By your definition, unemployment is now lower than it was in the first 200 years of our country's existence.
    There is not a single reason that those electing not to work should count against unemployment...should we count retirees too?

Hey Obama voters..

Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    By your definition, unemployment is now lower than it was in the first 200 years of our country's existence.
    There is not a single reason that those electing not to work should count against unemployment...should we count retirees too?
    Giving up b/c there are no jobs after an extended search is not the same thing as electing not to work.

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Giving up b/c there are no jobs after an extended search is not the same thing as electing not to work.
    There are jobs. Looked at the classifieds lately?

It is the same. We're housewives in the 50s electing not to work, or giving up because they weren't considered for many occupations?

Hey Obama voters..

Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    There are jobs. Looked at the classifieds lately?

It is the same. We're housewives in the 50s electing not to work, or giving up because they weren't considered for many occupations?
    Sure. I'm in Oklahoma, which has around 5% unemployment. That's pretty close to full employment. That's not the case in other places.

Hmmmm maybe a differant example of the state of the economy made worse by obamas policies that harms economic growth.

Everyone probably knows the price of gold has greatly increased. That's really not true though.

Gold is the benchmark it does not take more dollars to buy gold because the price has increased it takes more dollars to buy gold because the purchase power of the dollar is less because of the US/obama monetary policy.

The monetising of the debt ( no one will buy US debt. Hhhmm US will buy its own debt.)

Quantitative easing QE1.2.3 Infinity devalues the dollar.

Why is Germany leading a list of countries wanting to repatriate their gold from the US Federal reserve back to Germany. And why does the Federal reserve state it will take 7 YEARS for Germany to get their gold when it is less then 5% of what the Federal reserve has stored.

But I digress.

Facts.....just the Facts. /\/\