Manti Te'o' Dead girlfriend is a FAKE!

Posted 563 day(s) ago by Onikuno34883 Views 776 Replies
Page 4 of 16 2 3 4 5 6 14

vCash

Originally Posted by SoopaSooner View Post
    ND did a great job writing up that statement for Te'o
    Haha, that was my first thought as well. "His" statement included the word "retrospect," yeah I'm sure the kid knows a) what that means and b) what context to use it in. Ok. My second thought is that he is an emotional guy, somebody better out him on suicide watch.

vCash

Originally Posted by soonerbms View Post
    If Gameday is in South Bend next year for the OU/Notre Dame, some OU fan needs to hold up a sign that reads, "Our linebackers have real girlfriends".
    "i got lennay'd last night. for real."
    The following users like this post: OrangeBlossom

vCash

Think about the fact that his actual grandmother actually did die, and he used her death as a publicity tool by placing his fake girlfriend's death at the same time. At the time he should have been actually mourning his dead grandmother, he was expressing fake emotion over someone who never existed.

vCash

If Gameday is in South Bend next year for the OU/Notre Dame, some OU fan needs to hold up a sign that reads, "Our linebackers have real girlfriends".
    Um, we have real linebackers?
    The following users like this post: HeroOfTheDay

vCash

4 users like oorah_okie's post: DHF, freedombird, OUMallen, sooner59

Originally Posted by EufaulaSooner View Post
    Think about the fact that his actual grandmother actually did die, and he used her death as a publicity tool by placing his fake girlfriend's death at the same time. At the time he should have been actually mourning his dead grandmother, he was expressing fake emotion over someone who never existed.
    I think the even bigger story is Notre Dame's degree of complicity in this fraud. They pimped Te'o for the Heisman like no other and this story was a huge catalyst for that campaign.
    The following users like this post: BajaOklahoma

Originally Posted by cccasooner2 View Post
    Touche

vCash

On ESPN and other networks now!

vCash

Well ESPN is officially recognizing it as true!

vCash

Originally Posted by Peach Fuzz View Post

From Irish Envy board.
    Are the Girls at ND really that bad?

vCash

man, I bet Manti is somewhat embarrassed by all this.
    The following users like this post: HudBannon

vCash

Originally Posted by cccasooner2 View Post
    Yes, I read them on Twitter.
    3 users like palisooner's post: cccasooner2, Peach Fuzz, Vodnik

vCash

what is really sad about this, is that te'o is pretending he met a girl on twitter.

back when i was in college, you would pretend you met in real life.
    2 users like dtex's post: thurman murman, Vodnik

The real shit hasnt hit the fan yet. The media will dig up every story and quote on this.
    Much of this story remains strange, murky and unclear. But Notre Dame lineman Grant Patton told me this evening that he witnessed Te’o receiving a phone call telling him that his girlfriend had died.

“He was distraught,” Patton said. “It was pain personified.”

Patton said the Fighting Irish were in their locker room before practice on Wednesday, Sept. 12, when Te’o received the call.

“You could see that he was hurting,” Patton said. “The whole locker room just went silent. At that moment I was just praying for him.”

Patton said that Te’o broke down and ran out of the locker room, and several other defensive players followed. Patton, who attended St. Xavier High School, said his conversations with Te’o were usually focused on football.
    The following users like this post: BajaOklahoma

vCash

Originally Posted by dtex View Post
    what is really sad about this, is that te'o is pretending he met a girl on twitter.

back when i was in college, you would pretend you met in real life.
    first he pretended that he met her in real life. Remember he said he met her after the stanford game. So either he was coming up with lies on the fly and couldnt keep them straight or he was lying to cover up the fact that he had started a relationship via twitter. Either way he is lying to everyone

vCash

From Twitter...where did he send the white roses?!!?

Q. No one would question how any person grieves, but what went into your decision or did you think at all about going back for your girlfriend's service? I understand you had a game that day but what was the decision there?

Manti Te'o: You know, I really wanted to see her. I really wanted to see her. But I knew that she made me promise, you know one day she made me promise that, she said, "Babe, if anything happens to me, you promise that you'll still stay over there and that you'll play and that you'll honor me through the way you play, and know that I would rather have you there." And just make sure that all she wanted was some white roses. White is her favorite color. So she just wanted some white roses and that's all she asked for. So I sent her roses and sent her two picks (interceptions) along with that, so that was good.

vCash

Looking back at all the quotes and the video, you can tell by body language is he lying. Every time he mentioned his dead GF he looked away from interviewer and shrugged his shoulders.

vCash

Originally Posted by SoonerBeerSnob View Post
    first he pretended that he met her in real life. Remember he said he met her after the stanford game. So either he was coming up with lies on the fly and couldnt keep them straight or he was lying to cover up the fact that he had started a relationship via twitter. Either way he is lying to everyone
    yes. i was poking fun of the fact that he's hinging his story (now) on the fact that he met her on twitter (and i guess, never met in real life).

and on that note, i will now mourn for all of my online friends who have passed.

Seth Meyers ‏@sethmeyers21 These Te'o jokes are all very funny but let's all try and remember that a person who never existed is dead.
    The following users like this post: HeroOfTheDay

vCash

Gotta be gay. Dude probably just couldn't or wouldn't come out at a Catholic school.

vCash

Te'o had online girlfriend - she was put up to it by Te'o's male family friend. After getting him on the hook, she started to be entertained by it. Maybe she even kind of liked him, too, which helped her to put in the phone/internet legwork. Te'o made up a story about how they met, meeting in person, etc., b/c that is less embarrassing than having an online girlfriend. He couldn't hide her existence b/c 1) his twitter page is public, and 2) he's relatively famous.

Te'o starts to get really famous, so the hoaxers want out. Maybe there are media requests to talk to her. Instead of an online break-up (where the media could still theoretically track her down), the hoaxers panic and fake her death, instead, and manage to talk Te'o out of attending the funeral. This isn't as difficult as you'd think since he's never actually met her in person before and would have been uncomfortable meeting people he didn't know.

I don't think he was in on it, but I think he's as emotionally dumb/sheltered as a person can be. That made him an easy/funny mark.

vCash

Am I the only one not giving a ****? The NFL is full of players that have done so much worse than this.

vCash

If they do some digging and find out that Manti Te'o's fake girlfriend was actually a dude, my head with explode.
    The following users like this post: chris9996

Brian Hardin ‏@NDHardin

Press conference tonight with @NotreDame VP/Director of Athletics Jack Swarbrick at 8 pm tonight. UND.COM - University of Notre Dame Official Athletic Site will carry it live.

Originally Posted by Camel at Sea View Post
    Te'o had online girlfriend - she was put up to it by Te'o's male family friend. After getting him on the hook, she started to be entertained by it. Maybe she even kind of liked him, too, which helped her to put in the phone/internet legwork. Te'o made up a story about how they met, meeting in person, etc., b/c that is less embarrassing than having an online girlfriend. He couldn't hide her existence b/c 1) his twitter page is public, and 2) he's relatively famous.

Te'o starts to get really famous, so the hoaxers want out. Maybe there are media requests to talk to her. Instead of an online break-up (where the media could still theoretically track her down), the hoaxers panic and fake her death, instead, and manage to talk Te'o out of attending the funeral. This isn't as difficult as you'd think since he's never actually met her in person before and would have been uncomfortable meeting people he didn't know.

I don't think he was in on it, but I think he's as emotionally dumb/sheltered as a person can be. That made him an easy/funny mark.
    "But I know that I'll see them again one day." I'm sure he was talking about a different them.
    The following users like this post: freedombird

How can someone you've never met be the "love of your life"?

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Am I the only one not giving a ****? The NFL is full of players that have done so much worse than this.
    Yes.

They never skyped? Not even a simple cell phone pic? Little strange for the love of his life

vCash

vCash

It's like some of you guys never knew any Mormon dudes in college. It's entirely believable to me that he was duped.

from EDSBS
    The following is a list of organizations and people who, to varying degrees of incompletion, never bothered to check to see if Manti Te'o's girlfriend was real.

1. Us.

2. You (Jack Dickey and Timothy Burke excepted)

3. Sports Illustrated.

4. ESPN

5. The South Bend Tribune

6. Bleacher Report

7. The Chicago Tribune

8. The Chicago Sun-Times

9. The Sporting News

10. USA Today

11. The Boston Globe

12. CBS Sports

13. The New York Post

14. NBC Sports/Notre Dame

15. Yahoo

16. The Associated Press

17. The Palm Beach Post

18. The Miami Herald

19. The Tampa Bay Times

20. Grantland

21. The Los Angeles Times

vCash

Originally Posted by Vodnik View Post
    from EDSBS
    the list, apparently, is omitting te'o.

he should've bothered to make sure his girlfriend was real.

vCash

Re: Manti Te'o' Dead girlfriend is a FAKE!

Oh my word

The Dark Side

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Like beating up their imaginary girlfriend?
    The following users like this post: soonirvana

vCash

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

I wonder how many NFL teams he scared away because of this bullshit.

vCash

How could he then later say on Twitter that her "sister" was the "realist" people he knew then?!?!

Te'o is the dumbest smart person on the planet then.

His dad claimed she came to Hawaii a few times and hung out with Manti. Manti is covering something up. No doubt.

Originally Posted by DHF View Post
    I wonder how many NFL teams he scared away because of this bullshit.
    none

none
    Maybe not completely but I bet he drops a couple of spots

none
    This story isn't going away anytime soon. I think a couple teams will pass because they don't think he's worth the trouble.

vCash

Originally Posted by crackback View Post
    They never skyped? Not even a simple cell phone pic? Little strange for the love of his life
    They could have skyped. She'd only need to look pretty close to the original picture for it to fly with him. And if Te'o was a little Collin Klein-ish when it comes to women (and by all appearances, he probably is), of course he's going to be "in love" with the first girl he has any meaningful conversation with. My guess is his entire life prior to meeting that girl was about church, family, and football and very little else.

vCash

We have fake linebackers.

vCash

Originally Posted by Peach Fuzz View Post
    It only took them 10 ****ing days considering they ****ing sat on the ****ing story!!!!!!

vCash

Originally Posted by SoonerAmongThePack View Post
    How could he then later say on Twitter that her "sister" was the "realist" people he knew then?!?!

Te'o is the dumbest smart person on the planet then.
    He was a lonely Mormon guy living in South Bend, Indiana. If the original girl was faking the whole thing, she was probably laughing about it / talking about it with at least one friend. Then the friend got to impersonate the girlfriend's sister.

God, this thread delivers!