Manti Te'o' Dead girlfriend is a FAKE!

Posted 652 day(s) ago by Onikuno35424 Views 776 Replies
Page 8 of 16 6 7 8 9 10

Originally Posted by ShreveportSooner View Post
    My god. I am busy all day and walk into the middle of this shit as soon as I log on tonight. This has to be the oddest shit I have ever seen in the sports world. Not sure how much this has been covered but I see it mentioned that money was collected for charity in the dead girl's name. If done in more than one state that is a Federal crime. People will be under oath soon. Should be very interesting

Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    this is going to be something we don't find out the truth on for several years, til Manti comes out or does his tell all book

that of course is after his NFL career is over
    You mean until he sits down with Oprah

Cant wait for the ESPN 30 for 30 story to come out.
    The following users like this post: freeeewilly66

Re: Manti Te'o' Dead girlfriend is a FAKE!

This sounds like the plot for a bad comedy.

"Damn, that Manti Teo is a lying MF'r."

- Lance Armstrong
    5 users like Okiesoldier's post: greensooner, Jerseysooner, McRib, MoJoOkie, Nazgul

The following users like this post: Sooner Bob

What's next? Are we going to find out that Teo was actually catfished by Rex Ryan?

"Manti Te'o's girlfriend a hoax? I haven't been this confused in a football love story gone wrong since Finkle turned out to be Einhorn."
    The following users like this post: ArbySooner

Originally Posted by oorah_okie View Post
    Nice . . .

Craziest damn thing i ever heard of, wow!!! lol, shit storm brewing..

The funniest part is that a heisman runner up had an online girlfriend.

Come on bro....

Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    I feel bad for the guy. I was in love with JayMay and she turned out to be fake.
    I think Van still owes you a bday beej...
    The following users like this post: Stinger_1066

This guy could pull any 'tang he wanted. You think he ever cheated on her?

Todd Jones ‏@Todd_Jones
    Te'o told she wasn't real Dec. 6. Te'o said Dec. 8: "I don't like cancer at all. I lost both my grandparents and my girlfriend to cancer."
    Retweeted by Josh McCuistion
    Expand

Originally Posted by OUMallen View Post
    Todd Jones ‏@Todd_Jones
    Te'o told she wasn't real Dec. 6. Te'o said Dec. 8: "I don't like cancer at all. I lost both my grandparents and my girlfriend to cancer."
    Retweeted by Josh McCuistion
    Expand
    More evidence that he faked the entire thing.
    The following users like this post: oudidntknow84

I wonder when the movie from this mess comes out.

At best he was duped and just expanded on their online relationship to make it sound more real or because he was embarrassed that it was purely an online deal. I mean he's said they met each other in person. His own dad has said they spent time together. So clearly tons of lies have been told. What's amazing is that no one was smart enough to figure out that the story couldn't hold up.

I believe he made the whole thing up to make himself look better. His friend helped him do so. His dad covered for him too. They were just stupid and didn't realize someone would finally try and get some info on this mystery woman.

Originally Posted by SoonerSean03 View Post
    At best he was duped and just expanded on their online relationship to make it sound more real or because he was embarrassed that it was purely an online deal. I mean he's said they met each other in person. His own dad has said they spent time together. So clearly tons of lies have been told. What's amazing is that no one was smart enough to figure out that the story couldn't hold up.

I believe he made the whole thing up to make himself look better. His friend helped him do so. His dad covered for him too. They were just stupid and didn't realize someone would finally try and get some info on this mystery woman.
    Or there was a woman involved but only for show to help perpetuate the lie. What I don't get is how you can't just be satisfied with making the grandmother's death enough of a motivation. Losing your grandmother at that age is a tough trial to go through.

Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    This guy could pull any 'tang he wanted. You think he ever cheated on her?
    Not only were they not in the same area code, she wasn't even in the same time continuum! That is definitely not cheating.

2 users like BobbyDMusic's post: 2SBTM, IndySooner

It would be easier to make fun of this guy if he hadn't stuffed the shit out of OU.

Originally Posted by OU_On_My_Mind View Post
    It would be easier to make fun of this guy if he hadn't stuffed the shit out of OU.
    Sad but true.

Originally Posted by diesel54 View Post
    masterpiece. Te'o is Kaiser Soze

I can't wait to hear how he first said they met, his dad said they hung out... this wasn't a full on catfish scam, this was a pathetic attempt by a person to gain more interest and fame, and love.

And Manti Te’o is convinced the beautiful stranger will be watching too Saturday, somehow.

Lennay Kekua was a Stanford student and Cardinal football fan when the two exchanged glances, handshakes and phone numbers that fateful weekend three seasons ago.

She was gifted in music, multi-lingual, had dreams grounded in reality and the talent to catch up to them.

The plan was for Kekua to spend extensive time with the whole Te’o family when upwards of 40 of them came to South Bend in mid-November for ND’s Senior Day date with Wake Forest.

“They started out as just friends,” Brian Te’o said. “Every once in a while, she would travel to Hawaii, and that happened to be the time Manti was home, so he would meet with her there. But within the last year, they became a couple.

“And we came to the realization that she could be our daughter-in-law. Sadly, it won’t happen now.”

About the time Kekua and Manti became a couple, she was injured in an auto accident. There were complications during her recovery. And it was also during her recovery that it was discovered Kekua had leukemia.

“That was just in June,” Brian Te’o said. “I remember Manti telling me later she was going to have a bone marrow transplant and, sure enough, that’s exactly what happened. From all I knew, she was doing really, really well.”

Kekua, who eventually graduated from Stanford, was, in fact, doing so well that she was released from the hospital on Sept. 10. And Brian Te’o was among those congratulating her via telephone.

Less than 48 hours later, at 4 a.m. Hawaii time, Kekua sent a text to Brian and Ottilia, expressing her condolences over the passing of Ottilia’s mom, Annette Santiago, just hours before. Brian awakened three hours later, saw the text, and sent one back. There was no response. A couple of hours later, Manti called his parents, his heart in pieces.

Lennay Kekua had died.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...le.html?pg=all
    The following users like this post: Hot Rod

Originally Posted by OU_On_My_Mind View Post
    Him stuffing us was as fake as his girlfriend, wait nevermind...

He's got 99 problems but a girlfriend aint one!

Originally Posted by ShreveportSooner View Post
    My god. I am busy all day and walk into the middle of this shit as soon as I log on tonight. This has to be the oddest shit I have ever seen in the sports world. Not sure how much this has been covered but I see it mentioned that money was collected for charity in the dead girl's name. If done in more than one state that is a Federal crime. People will be under oath soon. Should be very interesting
    I don't know. The Tiger Woods debacle was pretty odd.

Great Kaiser Sose reference!

man i am so confused on this one.

Anyone seen Shattered Glass? Each journalist that ran with this story should be fired.
    The following users like this post: Hot Rod

Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    I feel bad for the guy. I was in love with JayMay and she turned out to be fake.
    I guess I missed that. You got the Cliff's Notes version?

6 users like Soonerpsycho's post: KCRuf/Nek, oudidntknow84, Snorter Luster Jr., SoonerDan74012, traxx, Widescreen

Originally Posted by deadserious View Post
    Anyone seen Shattered Glass? Each journalist that ran with this story should be fired.
    i agree that the journalist that failed to take the 5 minutes to actually verify there was a Lennay Kekua is an idiot.

but people love a story. and if someone says, "my girlfriend died," i can imagine CHECK THE SOURCE does not always enter a journalists mind. te'o was respected by his team, his school, and in turn, the media. while they should've... i don't blame them for believing him when he said what he said.

So is Ronaiah Tuiasosopo gay? Or just sick and twisted that he would perpetuate this persona since 2008?

Not sure if anyone else posted this yet...

SoonerBounce Guest
    Originally Posted by Meni View Post
    I can't wait to hear how he first said they met, his dad said they hung out... this wasn't a full on catfish scam, this was a pathetic attempt by a person to gain more interest and fame, and love.

that is which way I lean to but I can still see how he was just embarrased about having an online relationship and lied to everyone.
    I wonder if he ever watched catfish and though....oh shit

The thing that makes me lean towards him being in on it is him still referencing her after he knew it was fake and that he is/was friends with the "girl"

I'm surprised Te'o didn't say he invented a cure for her leukemia but it was too late. When asked to reveal the 'wonder drug' he says he buried it with his dead grandma.
    The following users like this post: Shooter

That's a pretty damning article.

Originally Posted by Vodnik View Post
    Te'o also has Munchausen Syndrome
    Munchausen by proxy.

I hear Donald Trump is asking for her birth certificate.

There's no good outcome for him here. I think he was in on it. He says they met face to face, she came to Hawaii, his dad corroberates that story etc. Too many face to face instances for him to be duped. So he's a douche, head case, what have ya. I can see some NFL teams passing on him because they don't wanna have to deal with a head case. Look at all the trouble Dallas has had with Dez and he hasn't done anything near as crazy as this...that we know of.

If Te'o really was duped then this puts him on a stupidity level far below Vince Young. For this guy to meet her and his whole family to meet her in Hawaii and not know any of it was fake, he would have to be beyond stupid. If that's the case, how did he even make grades at ND? Dame is supposed to be a fairly tough acedemic school. Have his grades been fudged? If so, hello NCAA investigation.

Someone brought it up before, if Te'o did know and had any part in setting up the memorial fund in her name, he's looking at fraud and felony charges.

There's so many other things to look at and think about than what's just on the surface. This story is a long way from being over and the truth isn't even close to coming out.

Originally Posted by SoonerAmongThePack View Post

What they look like is the conversation between Kelly and Manti that Brian Te’o overheard on Skype just after the double tragedies hit him.
    So, Manti had Skype.

This shit is so stupid.

Originally Posted by SoonerAmongThePack View Post
    Lennay Kekua was a Stanford student and Cardinal football fan when the two exchanged glances, handshakes and phone numbers that fateful weekend three seasons ago.
    I've also seen that he tweeted pictures of chicken she made for him and that he has met her. He needs to come clean and go on and make his millions.

SoonerBounce Guest
    how did the "girl" fake being a girl on the phone for 3 years? He would have messed up one time and forgot to use his girl voice. Unless of course it was all on twitter and then never talked

SoonerBounce Guest
    they said he was having a one on one intervew today with someone

“That was just in June,” Brian Te’o said. “I remember Manti telling me later she was going to have a bone marrow transplant and, sure enough, that’s exactly what happened. From all I knew, she was doing really, really well.”

Kekua, who eventually graduated from Stanford, was, in fact, doing so well that she was released from the hospital on Sept. 10. And Brian Te’o was among those congratulating her via telephone.

Less than 48 hours later, at 4 a.m. Hawaii time, Kekua sent a text to Brian and Ottilia, expressing her condolences over the passing of Ottilia’s mom, Annette Santiago, just hours before. Brian awakened three hours later, saw the text, and sent one back. There was no response. A couple of hours later, Manti called his parents, his heart in pieces.

Lennay Kekua had died.

Manti's dad is either part of it or this is where Manti gets his clueless nature from.

Only one explanation, according to my wife.