Manti Te'o' Dead girlfriend is a FAKE!

Posted 459 day(s) ago by Onikuno34021 Views 776 Replies
Page 14 of 16 4 12 13 14 15 16
    vCash

This is all dog shit and ESPN is a ****ing joke! I hope Deadspin has a response in the waiting.

vCash

Pretty clear to me that:

1) A couple of people successfully pulled the hoax on Teo
    2) Teo embellished the nature of the relationship with what he thought was a real girl for social standing (not wanting to tell teammates, family, and friends it was all online)
    3) Teo, Notre Dame, and the media all played it up after the "death" for the feel good nature of the story without anyone really digging deeper
    4) Teo took way too long to act upon realizing it was fake and continued to make misstatements
    5) ND took way too long to act upon realizing it was fake
    6) The major media was asleep at the wheel for months
    7) Teo continues to sit by rather than clearing the air, which only makes him look worse
    5 users like TheLadiesMike's post: Comanche, oorah_okie, Pardner, Shooter, Snorter Luster Jr.

vCash

Originally Posted by TheLadiesMike View Post
    Pretty clear to me
    Not really too much in this whole thing that is "clear to me". Lots of strange stuff; not the least of which is that he continued on at least two different occasions to reference her death after he supposedly knew she was not dead, not alive, not his girlfriend, and therefore, not going to marry him (or even give him the occasional bj). Another strange thing is that he could have (surely) gotten all kinds of authenticated poon on campus and yet preferred this mist. If gayness or votes wasn't the impetus, then I have no clue what the allure would be.

Originally Posted by MoJoOkie View Post
    Not really too much in this whole thing that is "clear to me". Lots of strange stuff; not the least of which is that he continued on at least two different occasions to reference her death after he supposedly knew she was not dead, not alive, not his girlfriend, and therefore, not going to marry him (or even give him the occasional bj). Another strange thing is that he could have (surely) gotten all kinds of authenticated poon on campus and yet preferred this mist. If gayness or votes wasn't the impetus, then I have no clue what the allure would be.
    That's what I don't get. Teo is telling me that he would rather be with a girl that he has never seen before and lives half way across the country than be with a girl that is just as hot an prob willing to put out on his own campus? It just doesn't make any sense.

vCash

Pretty clear to me that:

2) Teo embellished the nature of the relationship with what he thought was a real girl for social standing (not wanting to tell teammates, family, and friends it was all online)
    3) Teo, Notre Dame, and the media all played it up after the "death" for the feel good nature of the story without anyone really digging deeper
    4) Teo took way too long to act upon realizing it was fake and continued to make misstatements
    7) Teo continues to sit by rather than clearing the air, which only makes him look worse
    This -- IF he was not in on it he would have looked like a fool to Heisman voters among others.

Originally Posted by oudidntknow84 View Post
    That's what I don't get. Teo is telling me that he would rather be with a girl that he has never seen before and lives half way across the country than be with a girl that is just as hot an prob willing to put out on his own campus? It just doesn't make any sense.
    Some of his teammates apparently said that he was "going out" with other girls; they were puzzled by the girlfriend talk.

vCash

I don't see how Heisman votes would have been the motivation. Keep in mind the "relationship" was said to begin in October 2011 when ND was mediocre (4-3).

1. Manti was not a Heisman candidate at all at the time of the "death" (9/12). He did not break the ESPN Heisman watch list until 9/26 and that put him in 8th place on their list. http://espn.go.com/blog/notre-dame-f...-heisman-watch

2. Defensive players do not win the award. It would be one thing if he was a star QB. But do LBs sit around in September hatching plans to win the Heisman?

3. Guys on bad teams do not win the Heisman. ND was ranked #20 and had just survived Purdue by 3 at home when the "death" occurred. They were about to play at #10 Michigan State, then host #17 Michigan. There were still games against #21 Stanford, at #5 OU, and at #2 USC. No one among the ND fan base expected to come out of the Michigan games 4-0, much less go 12-0 through the season. ND fans thought 7-5 was a more likely outcome at this point of the season than 12-0. http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/_/week/3

4. If it was for sympathy, the grandmother was enough. Killing off a fake girlfriend to win sympathy only creates the possibility of being exposed and losing Heisman votes.

If you look for motives, Teo thought he was involved with this girl, exaggerated the relationship as college guys will do, and then played it up a bit when he thought she was dead.
    The following users like this post: meoveryouxinfinity

vCash

I don't see how Heisman votes would have been the motivation. Keep in mind the "relationship" was said to begin in October 2011 when ND was mediocre (4-3).

1. Manti was not a Heisman candidate at all at the time of the "death" (9/12). He did not break the ESPN Heisman watch list until 9/26 and that put him in 8th place on their list. http://espn.go.com/blog/notre-dame-f...-heisman-watch

2. Defensive players do not win the award. It would be one thing if he was a star QB. But do LBs sit around in September hatching plans to win the Heisman?

3. Guys on bad teams do not win the Heisman. ND was ranked #20 and had just survived Purdue by 3 at home when the "death" occurred. They were about to play at #10 Michigan State, then host #17 Michigan. There were still games against #21 Stanford, at #5 OU, and at #2 USC. No one among the ND fan base expected to come out of the Michigan games 4-0, much less go 12-0 through the season. ND fans thought 7-5 was a more likely outcome at this point of the season than 12-0. http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/_/week/3

4. If it was for sympathy, the grandmother was enough. Killing off a fake girlfriend to win sympathy only creates the possibility of being exposed and losing Heisman votes.

If you look for motives, Teo thought he was involved with this girl, exaggerated the relationship as college guys will do, and then played it up a bit when he thought she was dead.
    I have a feeling that logic will play a very, very small role in any of this after it all comes out.
    The following users like this post: Cabbage_town_kid

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash
    Pretty clear to me that:

yeah...i don't think he knew it was a hoax until after the death
    The following users like this post: Pardner

Re: Manti Te'o' Dead girlfriend is a FAKE!

Te'o found out and ran with it instead of coming clean earlier. Still doesn't explain all the "meetings" at games and in Hawai'i.

vCash

SIAP

Manti Te'o quietly began dating an actual living, breathing female human being ... shortly after he learned "Lennay Kekua" had died from cancer ... and the rebound chick is HOT ... TMZ has learned.

Sources close to Manti tell us ... the Notre Dame star met Alexandra del Pilar the weekend of November 10 -- when Notre Dame played Boston College.

Alexandra, 21, is a student at St. Mary's College in Indiana -- which is close to Notre Dame.

We're told Alexandra and Manti dated for nearly 2 months, but broke up recently.

There are rumors swirling that Manti created a fictitious GF to take the pressure off him from teammates and others who felt he should be dating, but his relationship with a real woman calls those rumors into doubt.
    http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/18/manti-...dra-del-pilar/

Is she trying to disguise herself as african american like C. Thomas Howell?

2 users like RockFlagandEagle's post: KCRuf/Nek, VoodooChild

vCash

It sure seems like it is becoming more and more likely that he was the victim of a hoax, but that he knows he and his dad embellished the whole thing so much that they don't know what to do now. Because of the things they have said on the record about meeting the girl, etc. they know that he is going to come across as a liar no matter what...because he is.

vCash

Originally Posted by Shooterms View Post
    It sure seems like it is becoming more and more likely that he was the victim of a hoax, but that he knows he and his dad embellished the whole thing so much that they don't know what to do now. Because of the things they have said on the record about meeting the girl, etc. they know that he is going to come across as a liar no matter what...because he is.
    Well that's because he is lying. Whether it's about being involved or just in the facts surrounding this he does come off as a liar. I can relate. I've been in situations where shit snowballed. In my case the whole world didn't know about it.
    2 users like KCRuf/Nek's post: chris9996, TheKing

Manti Te'o
    ‏@MTeo_5
    This brought tears to my eyes! The two beams of light! My guardian angels!!! I miss you!! #574L pic.twitter.com/Uew1GEeH
    10:40 AM - 23 Sep 12

2 users like auggie slippenstone's post: Nazgul, Sooner 4 Life

True. But what evidence is there that he really did start the relationship in 09? I mean, for all we know they could be lying about that as well.

vCash

I think this is the same girl who helped Mike Stoops design the magnificent 4-1-6 flying squirrel defense. I hope it also passed away.
    The following users like this post: KCRuf/Nek

vCash

She looks very orange in that picture.

vCash

Making it about the Heisman is a strawman. Clearly he didn't fabricate, or exacerbate, a hoax to win the Heisman. However, he could have done it in order to be considered an All American. Or a 1st round draft pick. Athletes with stories are in the news, and athletes in the news having solid years are in consideration for honors. All perfectly reasonable scenarios back in 2010 or 2011 whenever this started.

Or, pity parties. Take your pick. It may be an exagerration not to coverup homosexuality, but to build up the legend of being a sweet boyfriend to a (fake) dying girl in order to win the affection for some (real) girl he had a crush on. Suddenly he's not only big man on campus because of football, but has the bonus of being the broken-hearted sweetheart quasi-widower. A star and a gentleman. Some guys are awkward with women and don't know how to approach them, talk to them, even with the added benefit of being a minor celebrity. Build up a little extra personal brand equity on the social scene with a public tragedy and SHAZAM!, maybe the women initiate everything and make up for the social deficit of actually talking with them. Particularly if you aren't a partier (mormon background) where booze fills in the gaps in the mating ritual. And a slam dunk in competing with other football stars on or near campus. Now, once it backfires, who knows what type of woman would go for him.

Many moons ago (pre-Stoops, dialup AOL era), I had a purely online relationship with someone who lived half the country away. Someone I never met in real life. Only spoke through phone, sent letters, presents, IMing, pictures, etc (and yes, this person is real, hard to fake someone taking a picture of herself wearing sweaters, scarfs, jewelry you sent her for her birthday(s), pictures of her dog wearing dog sweaters I bought her). But to people in "real" life, I fabricated fake meetings, fake "meet cutes", etc, to hide the fake that I was, frankly, ashamed it was purely an online relationship, particularly as young as I was then...an online 'romance' which lasted for almost 2 years. It happens.

vCash

Originally Posted by Master Pandemonium View Post
    Many moons ago (pre-Stoops, dialup AOL era), I had a purely online relationship with someone who lived half the country away. Someone I never met in real life. Only spoke through phone, sent letters, presents, IMing, pictures, etc (and yes, this person is real, hard to fake someone taking a picture of herself wearing sweaters, scarfs, jewelry you sent her for her birthday(s), pictures of her dog wearing dog sweaters I bought her). But to people in "real" life, I fabricated fake meetings, fake "meet cutes", etc, to hide the fake that I was, frankly, ashamed it was purely an online relationship, particularly as young as I was then...an online 'romance' which lasted for almost 2 years. It happens.
    Pics of Internet girlfriend, plz.
    2 users like The's post: MoJoOkie, Orange is ugly

vCash

So if this was solely orchestrated by Touiassosopa, and he had his cousin pretend to be Lennay to talk to Manti on the phone, this chick just has no life to the point that to help her cousin with a prank, she stayed on the phone with Te'o for 8 hours a night every single night for 3 months?
    Who played the roles of her brother and sister that talked to Te'o, and presumably called him from still different phone numbers than Touiassosopa and his cousins.

Doesn't add up even with that explanation.
    The following users like this post: chris9996

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...rman-manti-teo

Great exchange of thoughts on the subject between Chuck Klosterman and Malcolm Gladwell, one of the best writers out there. My favorite line:
    "If a football player from the University of Miami made up an Internet girlfriend, we would just assume that it was a part of their undergraduate major in Online-Dating Studies."

Originally Posted by Jbaker View Post
    So if this was solely orchestrated by Touiassosopa, and he had his cousin pretend to be Lennay to talk to Manti on the phone, this chick just has no life to the point that to help her cousin with a prank, she stayed on the phone with Te'o for 8 hours a night every single night for 3 months?
    Who played the roles of her brother and sister that talked to Te'o, and presumably called him from still different phone numbers than Touiassosopa and his cousins.

Doesn't add up even with that explanation.
    That's what I was saying...for this long you know how many people needed to be involved? But, who knows if that part is true about him staying on the phone, etc? What were their motivations? Just to be dicks? You be a dick for like a week...month tops. Then you break the news to them. Not 2 years. That's too much work for nothing on the other side.

vCash

Not Safe For Work
    7 users like Soonerpsycho's post: DHF, oorah_okie, oudidntknow84, OUMallen, OUrage, The, Vodnik

vCash

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-S...Report-10-Days

hahah, when has ESPN ever sat on a story like this?! They were protecting the BCS game over covering what should have been a story before the game.

vCash

I'm glad she's dead, talk about a real ****.
    The following users like this post: Vodnik

Him being fooled by a hoax adds up a lot less than him being in on it somehow.

vCash

Originally Posted by LASooner View Post

hahah, when has ESPN ever sat on a story like this?! They were protecting the BCS game over covering what should have been a story before the game.
    Wow. From the standpoint of boosting ratings for the national title game, you would think that breaking this story beforehand would attract a lot more viewers. Hell, with the kind of drama found in this story, they probably would've pulled in some viewers to watch the game who normally don't give a shit about sports.

vCash

I bet ND wishes they would have now, could of been an excuse(distraction) for their ass-whooping

vCash

This further demonstrates the very real conflicts of interest from ESPN buying up control of sports
    The following users like this post: FiveOhSooner

Maybe he just wanted the trip to NYC to go buttfucking (NTTIAWWT)?

vCash

She was the best OD we ever had!!

Originally Posted by freeeewilly66 View Post
    She looks very orange in that picture.
    'Oompa Loompa, do-ba-dee-doo,
    I’ve got a perfect puzzle for you.'

vCash

3 users like LASooner's post: ArmySooner, mizzOUstu702, OUrage

vCash

Holy shit...... It just keeps getting better.

Manti Te’o has told family and friends that the woman who was the voice of his fictitious girlfriend “Lennay Kekua” called him in December and said she had to fake her own death months earlier to elude drug dealers, the Honolulu Star-Advertiser has learned.

vCash

Originally Posted by OrangeBlossom View Post
    Holy shit...... It just keeps getting better.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

How can anyone buy this shit anymore?

Manti Te'o' Dead girlfriend is a FAKE!

Drug dealers. This is good stuff.

Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    Drug dealers. This is good stuff.
    Manti Te'o has told family and friends that the woman who was the voice of his fictitious girlfriend “Lennay Kekua” called him in December and said she had to fake her own death months earlier to elude drug dealers, the Honolulu Star-Advertiser has learned.

vCash

vCash

2 users like oorah_okie's post: MoJoOkie, Vodnik

vCash

Next we'll find out his tats are henna.

vCash

Re: Manti Te'o' Dead girlfriend is a FAKE!

See, it's lies like this that give drug dealers a bad name.
    2 users like Mississippi Sooner's post: MoJoOkie, OrangeBlossom

vCash

ND PR people are still trying to convince voters that Theisman rhymes with Heisman, it isn't so.

vCash

Not mine:
    2 users like Soonerpsycho's post: Sooners2007, Vodnik

Originally Posted by Mississippi Sooner View Post
    See, it's lies like this that give drug dealers a bad name.
    I bet the dealers were selling fake drugs.
    The following users like this post: Mississippi Sooner

vCash

Hell of a deal..he has two choices,admit he is a idiot or admit he is a liar. I think if I were him regardless I'd claim to be a liar.

Not sure how the rest of you feel but for me if I had an internet girlfriend I might talk to her a week before I see her face on cam. Maybe a month before I ask her to flop one out for us to take a look at and just for good measure we are going to look at that pink stinker(to make sure she ain't a chick with dick) in three months or I'm moving on. Four damn years????????????? you have got to be shitting me.
    The following users like this post: Turk