Buddy Hield

Posted 457 day(s) ago 876 Views 7 Replies
    vCash

Buddy Hield

Is it possible that Buddy could develop into a NBA type player? I know he isnt there yet, but he has the size, athletic ability, and defense. He has been an impact player on this OU team, and seems to be improving by the day. I am also talking about another year of college, but if he continues and plays well this year (like he has) has a good off season and comes in next year averaging 15 ppg, could he be 2 and gone?

HIELD*
    Last edited by soonerjunky; January 17th, 2013 at 05:45 PM.

i don't think he'll be 2 and done...
    i do think he has a chance to play in the nba some day....he has good skills....

and it's spelled hield....

vCash

That shot he made cutting across the top of the lane and down the left lane was just flat sick (TTech). I spent a lot of time thinking about whether that was a great shot or just dumb luck.

vCash

When he hit the 3, stole the inbound pass and scored again was just a part of his presence felt. He is constantly deflecting passes or getting steal, rarely misses the open 3s and has a lot of energy, he has also cut down on his turnovers. KState will be a huge test, if OU wins 1 of their next 2 it will be very good.

Originally Posted by soonerjunky View Post
    When he hit the 3, stole the inbound pass and scored again was just a part of his presence felt. He is constantly deflecting passes or getting steal, rarely misses the open 3s and has a lot of energy, he has also cut down on his turnovers. KState will be a huge test, if OU wins 1 of their next 2 it will be very good.
    not really....we should beat texas with ease....
    if we win both of the next two it will be very good....
    The following users like this post: plk1214

vCash

The way they played against KState, and the way texas played KU it won't be as easy as you guys think. I think OU will need to win the ones they are supposed to (texas, WVU, OSU) and upset a Baylor, KU, or KState to even think about making the tournament. Osby will have to get most of the touches along with Hield stepping up.
    The following users like this post: Boognish

Originally Posted by soonerjunky View Post
    The way they played against KState, and the way texas played KU it won't be as easy as you guys think. I think OU will need to win the ones they are supposed to (texas, WVU, OSU) and upset a Baylor, KU, or KState to even think about making the tournament. Osby will have to get most of the touches along with Hield stepping up.
    we didn't play that poorly against kstate....
    the unforced turnovers were the biggest issue....we shot ourselves in the foot....
    even so.....take away those three 3's that mcgruder hit in the first half....and we played them even.....
    we'll beat them in norman....
    and we'll beat texas tomorrow nite....

buddy had a great second half against ku....
    he really seemed to settle in and get comfortable and played hard and aggressive....
    he did no play like a freshman playing his first big game on the road in a hostile environment...
    too bad he didn't knock down a couple of those 3's....