29 23.02%
  • armstrong

97 76.98%

whos worse Teo vs Armstrong

Posted 553 day(s) ago 2237 Views 66 Replies
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Armstrong
    Last edited by oupunk; January 17th, 2013 at 11:12 PM.

vCash

Armstrong, and it's not close. Even if it turns out that Manti orchestrated this entire deal, he didn't try to wreck other peoples' lives with lawsuits and lies, to protect himself.

This question is hard as hell.

I chose Te'o, but only because it's more humiliating. Armstrong's been lying and bullying and browbeating people for years, though.

vCash

Originally Posted by Shooterms View Post
    Armstrong, and it's not close. Even if it turns out that Manti orchestrated this entire deal, he didn't try to wreck other peoples' lives with lawsuits and lies, to protect himself.
    Agreed.

Armstrong made millions of dollars cheating, breaking laws and lieing. Te'o almost won an amature award and his lies weren't crimes (i think).
    Therefore Armstrong is a much greater ****.
    The following users like this post: COLLISON ANGRY

vCash

Re: whos worse Teo vs Armstrong

I say Armstrong. That **** sued and won I think half a million because he was called a cheater.

Fvckin it live via tapatalk dos

vCash

Teo, I mean, who in the **** puts a ****ing apostrophe in their last name??????
    2 users like SoonerDan74012's post: meandmybutt, Stein7495

Teo for sure. How can you joke about ****ing cancer? Sick individual.
    2 users like WFSooner's post: meandmybutt, OSULadyCowboy

vCash

This. Armstrong caused harm to a lot of people while he was getting rich. Te'o most likely had something that got out of hand.

vCash

Only 16 votes so far and I am shocked its close. Armstrong is despicable.
    3 users like BraveSooner's post: cheetah, Comanche, McRib

This like asking what's worse between John Blake and Bob Stoops.

A friend's daughter worked for LAF for years. Even though Lance was an *ss to his employees, my friend thinks the good he did overshadowed the bad. And hurting other people with lies and lawsuits - well, the others were lying too. But they lost their reputations and money.
    I hope Lance has trust funds set up for his kids.

The following users like this post: oupunk

Last edited by soonerintn; July 19th, 2013 at 07:48 PM.

vCash

Originally Posted by BajaOklahoma View Post
    A friend's daughter worked for LAF for years. Even though Lance was an *ss to his employees, my friend thinks the good he did overshadowed the bad. And hurting other people with lies and lawsuits - well, the others were lying too. But they lost their reputations and money.
    I hope Lance has trust funds set up for his kids.
    Isn't it kind of difficult for both side of a lawsuit to be lying? I thought the reason he won and screwed them over was because people believed him.

Armstrong by a longshot. Teo is a weird dude but I don't think he hurt anybody with his made-up girlfriend. Armstrong has been screwing people over for at least 20 years.
    3 users like Pusher's post: COLLISON ANGRY, KCRuf/Nek, soonirvana

****em!!

vCash

Armstrong. He cheated in a sport nobody gives a shit about and he's a whorn.
    The following users like this post: meandmybutt

vCash

Shocking that anyone thought Armstrong was clean, and more shocking that anyone cares. For some reason it's OK for a huge number of NFL players to use steroids while everyone just smiles and looks the other way. I can't wait for the Dallas Cowboys to have their SuperBowls taken away because their players eventually admit to PED use.

As far as Teo goes... His lies are just ****ed up and pathetic. I'd be 1,000,000 times more embarrassed if I were his sorry ass.
    3 users like LostCreekSooner's post: KCRuf/Nek, oupunk, sovasooner

vCash

Oprah's interview last night was really good. I'm not a fan (& had to look on twitter to find out what channel OWN was), but I thought her questions and delivery were great. He, however, appeared to me as too matter of fact and apathetic... dude was talking about hundreds of lies and bullying people and going to extreme measures to cover up said lies with complete flat affect - I understand wanting to be pragmatic about it, but appeared to be totally unremorseful and unaffected by the whole thing. And maybe he is, who knows, but show a lil emotion on your face, yo. He looked like a full on asswad. Made me wanna kick him in the, uh, nut.
    The following users like this post: oupunk

Last edited by McRib; January 18th, 2013 at 07:55 AM.

vCash

Zactly

vCash

I clicked on the wrong person. I meant to vote Armstrong.
    Not because of the lies or bullying.
    Simply because Armstrong is a ****in' longhorn.

vCash

I went with T'eo .

In all of the bad that Armstrong has done, his foundation has likely saved a bunch of lives.

I kind of view him in the same light as Paul Muller...the guy that developed DDT (for which he won the Nobel prize). It turned out to be a bad thing, but there are millions of people alive today that would be dead without his "gift."

vCash

Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    Oprah's interview last night was really good. I'm not a fan (& had to look on twitter to find out what channel OWN was), but I thought her questions and delivery were great. He, however, appeared to me as too matter of fact and apathetic... dude was talking about hundreds of lies and bullying people and going to extreme measures to cover up said lies with complete flat affect - I understand wanting to be pragmatic about it, but appeared to be totally unremorseful and unaffected by the whole thing. And maybe he is, who knows, but show a lil emotion on your face, yo. He looked like a full on asswad. Made me wanna kick him in the, uh, nut.
    I thought he did fine last night. He admitted what he did, explained his mind set at the time that led to heim doing it. Explained his mindset that caused him to go after the people accusing him. He said that isn't his mindset now, and he understands that he was wrong. I thought he was remorseful, but I guess some need to see tears, groveling, throwing others under the bus, etc. I just don't think that's his personality. I can't fault the guy for that. This is a first step, and one that needed to be taken. Maybe he's only doing it because he got caught, or maybe he really has had an awakening. I'll judge him on what he does from here on out. He's going to have plenty of opportunity to make amends, and try and repair some of the damage he caused. IF he's truly remorseful and has changed, we'll know. Dude's got a long road ahead of him though.
    The following users like this post: oujeremy

vCash

I went with Te'o too. That guy is never going to live this down unless he quits football and becomes a hermit. He's going to catch shit from the media and in the locker room as long as he's involved in sports. Lance Armstrong has done enough good things sprinkled in with all of that bad, that he's going to be able to recover if he does it right.

vCash

Originally Posted by sooner28 View Post
    I thought he did fine last night. He admitted what he did, explained his mind set at the time that led to heim doing it. Explained his mindset that caused him to go after the people accusing him. He said that isn't his mindset now, and he understands that he was wrong. I thought he was remorseful, but I guess some need to see tears, groveling, throwing others under the bus, etc. I just don't think that's his personality. I can't fault the guy for that. This is a first step, and one that needed to be taken. Maybe he's only doing it because he got caught, or maybe he really has had an awakening. I'll judge him on what he does from here on out. He's going to have plenty of opportunity to make amends, and try and repair some of the damage he caused. IF he's truly remorseful and has changed, we'll know. Dude's got a long road ahead of him though.
    While I think he's a shit for the way he handled all of this he did come off very well in part one. I get what he did and why he did it but I still don't get his behavior in the aftermath. I understand that cats like him are wired differently. Athletes like him have a certain drive and killer instinct. There are a lot of people that say Ted Williams would have taken PED. I imagine Micheal Jordan was the same way. I'm also thinking LA is doing this to get his ban reduced to eight years. If the last time he doped was 2005-2006 then he'd be about done. I believe he wants to compete in Ironman and other events as well as possibly own a team someday. JMO.

Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    I went with T'eo .

In all of the bad that Armstrong has done, his foundation has likely saved a bunch of lives.

I kind of view him in the same light as Paul Muller...the guy that developed DDT (for which he won the Nobel prize). It turned out to be a bad thing, but there are millions of people alive today that would be dead without his "gift."
    You do know that Livestrong does not donate ANY money for cancer research.

I think most people are not even aware of their actual mission. It is just a big support group. Not saying they don't do good but the only argument for them "saving lives" is maybe from awareness.

Lance Armstrong is the correct answer and its not even close. This dude has left a wide trail of threats and financial ruin of anybody that crossed him

vCash

Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    You do know that Livestrong does not donate ANY money for cancer research.
    They currently don't but have donated millions to research since inception.

vCash

Honestly college kids do dumb shit and Lance knew well what he was doing. Of course he probably wanted the money and fame that comes with winning.. No one pays you big bucks to ride a bicycle if you suck at it.

They currently don't but have donated millions to research since inception.
    Oh really?

http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor....html?page=all

vCash

Originally Posted by LostCreekSooner View Post
    Shocking that anyone thought Armstrong was clean, and more shocking that anyone cares. For some reason it's OK for a huge number of NFL players to use steroids while everyone just smiles and looks the other way. I can't wait for the Dallas Cowboys to have their SuperBowls taken away because their players eventually admit to PED use.

As far as Teo goes... His lies are just ****ed up and pathetic. I'd be 1,000,000 times more embarrassed if I were his sorry ass.
    You! my fine feathered friend are a Dumb Mother ****er!!

vCash

Yes.
    From your linked article:
    The foundation gave out a total of $20 million in research grants between 1998 and 2005, the year it began phasing out its support of hard science. A note on the foundation’s website informs visitors that, as of 2010, it no longer even accepts research proposals.

vCash

Yes.

The article states that the foundation is now more oriented to helping survivors at this time. The foundation is legit.

Yes.
    So in 7 years Livestrong gave 20 million.

2008 Michael J Fox's foundation gave 33 million in 2008 alone (per the article that is taking in the same amount of $ as Livestrong)

Susan G Komen foundation gave 145 million in a 2 year period

Since 05 they have been nothing more than an awareness organization and some say a PR machine for Lance Armstrong

More people are probably more aware of Livestrong.com which is not even part of Lance Armstrong's Livestrong.org

Originally Posted by Yuck Fu View Post
    The article states that the foundation is now more oriented to helping survivors at this time. The foundation is legit.
    I not saying that Livestrong is not beneficial or legit.

Just saying most people really have no idea what they do and what they don't do.

The more you read up on it the more skeptical you become

Armstrong is a lying, cheating thief. Much worse.

Teo is just an attention whoring ****up.

vCash

Originally Posted by Comanche View Post
    You! my fine feathered friend are a Dumb Mother ****er!!
    Nice comment.

Maybe my point of view is skewed because I've seen PEDs used in multiple different sports, including the sport associated with this very board. Every single Tour de France contender for the last 15 years dopes. It's simply the culture. (Like body building back with Arnold Schwarzenegger). At the beginning if the interview, Lance stated that he didn't feel like he was cheating, he felt like he was leveling the playing field. Well, he was right, and he had two options. Dope and win... or don't and get your ass kicked. He chose to win, which is in his words his biggest flaw. (That and he really is an arrogant ass.)

I still say Teo is more of a fraud and truly pathetic.

vCash

And for all of the people around Lance that ratted him out... mostly people that used to cheat with him... reminds me of guys talking shit after sleeping with girls.

For those of you on the fence, here's all you need to know:

3 users like DarrellZero's post: COLLISON ANGRY, OUrage, Stein7495

Manti also lied about an interception in the Oklahoma/Notre Dame game. Plus he has a a stupid name even based on his heritage. There needs to be a 3rd option though, they both suck.
    The following users like this post: OSULadyCowboy

vCash

Armstrong is a ****.

Armstrong is worse and is truly a piece of shit. Te'o is just ****ing weird.

Originally Posted by LostCreekSooner View Post
    And for all of the people around Lance that ratted him out... mostly people that used to cheat with him... reminds me of guys talking shit after sleeping with girls.
    There are numerous people that weren't competitors of Lance that he went out of his way to intimidate and ruin. Greg Lemond, some massage therapist that they had carrying drugs, his former mechanic/assistant and so on.

You can buy that BS he was spewing to Oprah (a whole separate topic btw) but most people aren't.

If he was just cheating in the cycling world nobody would give a rip

Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    There are numerous people that weren't competitors of Lance that he went out of his way to intimidate and ruin. Greg Lemond, some massage therapist that they had carrying drugs, his former mechanic/assistant and so on.

You can buy that BS he was spewing to Oprah (a whole separate topic btw) but most people aren't.

If he was just cheating in the cycling world nobody would give a rip
    Greg Lemond was hardly ruined by Armstrong despite the fiasco with Trek.

Originally Posted by xunil View Post
    Greg Lemond was hardly ruined by Armstrong despite the fiasco with Trek.
    You're right. I should have said "or" instead of "and" ruin

But if Armstrong could have done it he probably would have

I wish there was a 3rd option. I'm a cancer survivor and I hate the fact that Teo's fake girlfriend "died" of cancer. I'm not shocked by Armstrong and I think both are losers.

vCash

Even if Armstrong didn't cheat he is still worse, damn longhorn fan.

I can't answer until I know what Teo's motive was. If Teo's motive was to get recognition for Heisman consideration and he used his dead grandmother as part of that ploy, then he is a piece of shit.

Armstrong's case simple, he cheated to win and at least he had the BALL to admit it.

vCash

Originally Posted by LVSOONER15 View Post
    Armstrong is a ****.
    He's one ball from having one too.

Originally Posted by eightisgreat View Post
    I can't answer until I know what Teo's motive was. If Teo's motive was to get recognition for Heisman consideration and he used his dead grandmother as part of that ploy, then he is a piece of shit.

Armstrong's case simple, he cheated to win and at least he had the BALL to admit it.

C'mon man. He has been lying about for 17 years. Only when faced irrefutable evidence and a lifetime ban is he owning up to it. Then pulls out "well I only did because everybody was doing it" defense
    Team Lance took doping to a new level.

He is about to get a taste of his own medicine. He is going to be sued into oblivion and maybe worse by the justice dept

vCash

No offense, but those of you who voted for Te'o are slightly regarded.