Fact checking politifact

Posted 641 day(s) ago 1044 Views 22 Replies

Fact checking politifact

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...ue_696223.html

Whoops: PolitiFact's 'Lie of the Year' Turns Out to Be True

So .... Rom was right. It's good that everyone drank the kool aid a few months ago though.

T'eo is everywhere!

How can it not be true if BHO and the MSM said it was true? Congratulations to the sheeple.

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post

So .... Rom was right. It's good that everyone drank the kool aid a few months ago though.
    UPDATE: Several people have written in to object on the grounds that when the Romney campaign first started making the accusation against Jeep, Mitt Romney said the following in a stump speech, which does muddy the waters a bit:

I saw a story today that one of the great manufacturers in this state Jeep -- now owned by the Italians -- is thinking of moving all production to China. I will fight for every good job in America.

Emphasis added. Obviously, when it's framed that way it's not true. However, remove the word "all" from Romney's comment and it's perfectly unobjectionable. In fact, after Romney said this, his campaign, while reticent to directly concede that Romney's statement was erroneous, clarified the point they were trying to make:

The campaign did not respond to those questions but insisted that "the larger point that the Gov. made is that rather than creating jobs here, the foreign owner, handpicked by President Obama, is planning to add jobs overseas - which is still true." Romney did not mention the report at a campaign event in Ames, Iowa this afternoon.

Seems to be a bit muddled all the way around.

I do agree though that I don't think it is the lie of the year. Both sides I think said a lot worse.

That Te'o pic is awesome

I am pretty sure Romney was implying that American jobs were being taken overseas and never bothered to clarify his stance. It was a lie through omission, but still a lie. I doubt it was the worst, but the Romney campaign was so shitty in the final weeks, Politifact just had to pick one that was semi-memorable.

Also, Politifact does not single out republicans for lying. Republicans do a fine job of that themselves.

Fact checking politifact

Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    I am pretty sure Romney was implying that American jobs were being taken overseas and never bothered to clarify his stance. It was a lie through omission, but still a lie. I doubt it was the worst, but the Romney campaign was so shitty in the final weeks, Politifact just had to pick one that was semi-memorable.

Also, Politifact does not single out republicans for lying. Republicans do a fine job of that themselves.
    So does Barry...

Seriously? This is a bigger lie than telling us Benghazi was a reaction to a YouTube video?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    3 users like fdubzou's post: oucub23, ThievingMagpie, Tundra

As the President, and an Ambassador have said. All they can do is rely on what the intelligence community is telling them. Though if you want to get specific, Barry did say on day 2 that Sean Smith and Ambassador Stevens were killed by an act of terror.

As the President, and an Ambassador have said. All they can do is rely on what the intelligence community is telling them. Though if you want to get specific, Barry did say on day 2 that Sean Smith and Ambassador Stevens were killed by an act of terror.
    A week later he was wetting his pants at the UN groveling about the video. Hillary told the family we'd get the guy that made the video. A week later Rice made a fool of herself and this country on five different shows. Stop it. How about instead of going to bed while it's happening you pay attention? You were meeting with your VP and Panetta as it was happening. What were you doing - playing jax? How about not skipping the intel meeting the next morning and jetting off to Vegas and comparing campaign volunteers to those that died? How can you not be embarrassed by what you just said? Is your head that far up your ass?

You're obfuscating. It was never about a youtube video. If the President's intelligence community is stupid enough that an embassy is attacked on 9/11 and their first thought is, 'Oh, I bet they're pissed about that video on youtube from 6 mos ago that nobody saw' he's at the least negligent for not firing everyone of them. To say it was even remotely related to a youtube video is a blatant falsehood.

And you should post more. Te'o and Bob tonguing each other is hilarious.

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    A week later he was wetting his pants at the UN groveling about the video. Hillary told the family we'd get the guy that made the video. A week later Rice made a fool of herself and this country on five different shows. Stop it. How about instead of going to bed while it's happening you pay attention? You were meeting with your VP and Panetta as it was happening. What were you doing - playing jax? How about not skipping the intel meeting the next morning and jetting off to Vegas and comparing campaign volunteers to those that died? How can you not be embarrassed by what you just said? Is your head that far up your ass?
    Although Te'o tonguing the hoot is pretty funny too.

You're obfuscating. It was never about a youtube video. If the President's intelligence community is stupid enough that an embassy is attacked on 9/11 and their first thought is, 'Oh, I bet they're pissed about that video on youtube from 6 mos ago that nobody saw' he's at the least negligent for not firing everyone of them. To say it was even remotely related to a youtube video is a blatant falsehood.

And you should post more. Te'o and Bob tonguing each other is hilarious.
    I think t'eo on KC's avatar has everyone beat.

Although Te'o tonguing the hoot is pretty funny too.
    Originally Posted by okie52 View Post
    I think t'eo on KC's avatar has everyone beat.
    somebody has a girl bouncing up and down that works out just right.

Fact checking politifact

So it's alright when Obama says something wrong when it's on faulty intelligence, but when It happened to W, he's a liar?

How wonderfully hypocritical of you.

3 users like fdubzou's post: DHF, sooner28, Tundra

Originally Posted by fdubzou View Post
    So it's alright when Obama says something wrong when it's on faulty intelligence, but when It happened to W, he's a liar?

How wonderfully hypocritical of you.

Nice to see you're finally getting it.

And Uncle Joe seems to be getting a solid foothold for another whopper of the year - albeit not this year. They just can't help themselves..

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...re-questioned/
    Last edited by KCRuf/Nek; January 19th, 2013 at 01:09 AM.

Fact checking politifact

Lol, Biden is such a buffoon.

Barry did not get faulty Intel he lied sent ambassador rice out to lie Hillary being a Clinton was allready lieing.

Barrys leading from behind policy failed in Mali this week so the freaking French man up and take the fight to the terrorists.

And of course let the Algerians screw the pooch with American hostages paying the price.

They are planning to build Jeeps in China for the China market. That isn't the same as saying U.S. production is moving to China. U.S. production will remain in the U.S.

Fact checking politifact

But instead of producing cars here and exporting them, they are opening factories in China.

Originally Posted by nocalsooner View Post
    They are planning to build Jeeps in China for the China market. That isn't the same as saying U.S. production is moving to China. U.S. production will remain in the U.S.
    I realize that most foreign companies have plants here but that's never kept us from importing cars from overseas. Why can't China build cars we build here?

4 more years of this shit

Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
    4 more years of this shit
    And then you get Hillary.............

All fact checking groups are run by reporters. Seriously, you lose all credibility when you cite one of these groups.