What's for Breakfast?

Posted 589 day(s) ago 7080 Views 269 Replies
Results 1 to 50 of 270
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3
  1. #1
    smot poker's Avatar
    Posts
    3,860
    Join Date
    Dec 2012

    What's for Breakfast?

    I eat the same breakfast probably 6 days a week and have yet to get tired of it. It's a mix of shredded wheat, uncle sam, g**** nuts, and an ass load of fruit. Today had banana, raisins, strawberrys, blueberrys, raspberrys, and blackberrys.

    Cereal ****:

      Not Safe For Work
    2 users like smot poker's post: Aurora, guest


  2. #2
    bushmaster06's Avatar
    Posts
    24,258
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    balls deep

    today was golden grahams.

  3. #3
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    24,353
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    What's for Breakfast?

    Originally Posted by smot poker View Post
    I eat the same breakfast probably 6 days a week and have yet to get tired of it. It's a mix of shredded wheat, uncle sam, g**** nuts, and an ass load of fruit. Today had banana, raisins, strawberrys, blueberrys, raspberrys, and blackberrys.

    Cereal ****:

      Not Safe For Work
    Mmmmmm

  4. #4
    Mon-Sat I have the same thing, Kashi Blueberry Cluster cereal with fresh blueberries and skim milk. On Sundays, we go to Jimmy's Egg and I have the Popeyes Revenge omelette with hashbrowns and fruit, and a shitload of orange juice.

    Been this way for at least 3 years.

  5. #5

    What's for Breakfast?

    There is a very nice breakfast thread on OConnells Smot. Deer scraps is the consensus.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6

    Re: What's for Breakfast?

    Banana nut muffin today.

  7. #7
    Most days
    1/2 English muffin
    "big egg" 1 whole egg with 1 egg white over easy
    2 cups of coffee
    8 - 16 oz water

    157 calories

    Since 2005

    Today
    Scrambled eggs, BACON, toasted bagel, Mike's potatoes, and a slice of key lime pie!
    (Mike is my son and he makes amazing breakfast potatoes)
    The following users like this post: Aurora


  8. #8
    nocalsooner's Avatar
    Posts
    1,812
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northern California

    My go-to breakfast is sliced provolone on multigrain bread, toasted in the toaster oven, coffee, and diet Dr. Pepper.

  9. #9
    nocalsooner's Avatar
    Posts
    1,812
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northern California

    Originally Posted by smot poker View Post
    I eat the same breakfast probably 6 days a week and have yet to get tired of it. It's a mix of shredded wheat, uncle sam, g**** nuts, and an ass load of fruit. Today had banana, raisins, strawberrys, blueberrys, raspberrys, and blackberrys.

    Cereal ****:

      Not Safe For Work
    \


    What do you do to purchase the various fresh berries? In the winter the individual containers of blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries are fairly expensive. Do you buy one container of each every week? Or do they sell a container of mixed berries?

    Here in California, we get lots of tastey, locally grown blueberries in the summer,, but in the winter months the stores import them from Florida, Argentina, and Chile. I tried the Florida and Argentina ones in December and they were tasteless as can be. The Chile blueberries are usually good.

    In fact, I bought some today at Trader Joe's - organic blueberries from Chile, and they are as flavorful and firm as locally summer grown - and at a very good price - $3.49 for an 11 oz. container. Not sure if the organic is relevant or not but I'm sticking with it.

  10. #10
    bushmaster06's Avatar
    Posts
    24,258
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    balls deep

    bacon.

  11. #11

    Re: What's for Breakfast?

    Wild berry bagels with strawberry cream cheese.

  12. #12
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    24,353
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    What's for Breakfast?

    Originally Posted by nocalsooner View Post
    \


    What do you do to purchase the various fresh berries? In the winter the individual containers of blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries are fairly expensive. Do you buy one container of each every week? Or do they sell a container of mixed berries?

    Here in California, we get lots of tastey, locally grown blueberries in the summer,, but in the winter months the stores import them from Florida, Argentina, and Chile. I tried the Florida and Argentina ones in December and they were tasteless as can be. The Chile blueberries are usually good.

    In fact, I bought some today at Trader Joe's - organic blueberries from Chile, and they are as flavorful and firm as locally summer grown - and at a very good price - $3.49 for an 11 oz. container. Not sure if the organic is relevant or not but I'm sticking with it.
    I don't know about smot, but I use strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries on salads & for breakfast, etc all year round... Most OKC stores have them in containers, and whole foods usually does then in fresh fruit cups as well. What we rarely can get at a good price any time of the year is cherries - I have paid $9+/lb.
    The following users like this post: Aurora


  13. #13
    bushmaster06's Avatar
    Posts
    24,258
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    balls deep

    Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    I don't know about smot, but I use strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries on salads & for breakfast, etc all year round... Most OKC stores have them in containers, and whole foods usually does then in fresh fruit cups as well. What we rarely can get at a good price any time of the year is cherries - I have paid $9+/lb.
    why the hell would you do that?

  14. #14
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    24,353
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    What's for Breakfast?

    Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    why the hell would you do that?
    I love cherries.

  15. #15
    bushmaster06's Avatar
    Posts
    24,258
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    balls deep

    i guess you love cherries more than i do.

  16. #16
    barlowd's Avatar
    Posts
    11,954
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Whiskeytown

    Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    I love cherries.
    I worked in the produce department during college and I loved when we got cherries in. I would eat about a pound of them (for quality control) a week. Free bings are good, did not care for Ranier cherries as much.

  17. #17
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    24,353
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    What's for Breakfast?

    Originally Posted by barlowd View Post
    I worked in the produce department during college and I loved when we got cherries in. I would eat about a pound of them (for quality control) a week. Free bings are good, did not care for Ranier cherries as much.
    Omigosh, I have totally eaten a pound of cherries for lunch, they're so yummy. The darker versions are better in cobbler & pie - I actually prefer Ranier for eating fresh tho. One year I found them in Kalispell for $.99/lb, I think I bought 10lbs & my cousins and I ate them coming all the way home.
    The following users like this post: Sooner Mommy


  18. #18
    Sooner Mommy's Avatar
    Posts
    2,128
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    PTA Meeting

    I am eating cherries at my desk right now. I have been hooked on them since last summer and would gladly pay at least $9/lb for them. Addicting.
    The following users like this post: McRib


  19. #19
    cinnamon life most days...
    occasionally my wife makes pancakes/waffles....
    on sunday i eat krispy creme donuts at church.....

  20. #20
    SpankyNek's Avatar
    Posts
    12,391
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Houston (Cypress)

    Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    Omigosh, I have totally eaten a pound of cherries for lunch, they're so yummy. The darker versions are better in cobbler & pie - I actually prefer Ranier for eating fresh tho. One year I found them in Kalispell for $.99/lb, I think I bought 10lbs & my cousins and I ate them coming all the way home.
    What on earth were you doing in Kalispell?

  21. #21
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,249
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Breakfast burrito.

  22. #22
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    24,353
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    What's for Breakfast?

    Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    What on earth were you doing in Kalispell?
    Whitewater rafting.

  23. #23
    I like cherries in my breakfast burrito.

    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Breakfast burrito.

  24. #24
    61sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    1,853
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Palm Desert, CA

    Grits with butter, melted cheese and crumbled turkey bacon. Coffee black with whipped cream.
    Or a thin cut bagel with butter, cream cheese and taramosalata spread over it.

  25. #25
    SpankyNek's Avatar
    Posts
    12,391
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Houston (Cypress)

    Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    Whitewater rafting.
    Love that area. Living without plumbing sucked, though. (Not to insinuate that greater Kalispell is lacking in that department...but the laundromats have coin operated showers for a reason)

  26. #26
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    24,353
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    As of yesterday, my commute has increased by 25 minutes... and let's face it, I was less than punctual before. Eating breffas at home is no longer an option. What are some healthy, fast and easy portable options?

  27. #27
    Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    As of yesterday, my commute has increased by 25 minutes... and let's face it, I was less than punctual before. Eating breffas at home is no longer an option. What are some healthy, fast and easy portable options?
    Protein shake or Egg McMuffin. I know what you're thinking, but it's pretty healthy.


    If that's a non starter for you, pre-prep some breakfast burritos and freeze them.

  28. #28
    Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    As of yesterday, my commute has increased by 25 minutes... and let's face it, I was less than punctual before. Eating breffas at home is no longer an option. What are some healthy, fast and easy portable options?
    Manservant
    The following users like this post: McRib


  29. #29
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    24,353
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Originally Posted by Ira Knee View Post
    Manservant
    See you at 6am.

  30. #30
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    24,353
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Protein shake or Egg McMuffin. I know what you're thinking, but it's pretty healthy.


    If that's a non starter for you, pre-prep some breakfast burritos and freeze them.
    Gimme a good thing for a protein shake.

  31. #31
    Occasionally I have to eat on the way to work. I'll either make an english muffin with peanut butter or grab a cliff bar.

  32. #32
    Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    Gimme a good thing for a protein shake.
    Whaddya like? I just use a whey powder and milk. You can use pb, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, whatever.

  33. #33
    Aurora's Avatar
    Posts
    30,493
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Dark Side

    I will send you some suggestions in a few

    The Dark Side
    The following users like this post: McRib


  34. #34
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    24,353
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Whaddya like? I just use a whey powder and milk. You can use pb, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, whatever.
    Berries & whey & milk?

    (Little Miss Moppet?)

  35. #35
    Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    Berries & whey & milk?

    (Little Miss Moppet?)
    Sure. I just use (flavored) whey and milk, but you can make em however you want.

  36. #36
    Oatmeal with ground flaxseed, walnuts and strawberries. Every. Single. Day.
    The following users like this post: Aurora


  37. #37
    bushmaster06's Avatar
    Posts
    24,258
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    balls deep

    leftover chicken titties.

  38. #38

    INSIDER INFO

    Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    See you at 6am.
    Pound cake and sausage is a winning combo at 6 am.
    The following users like this post: McRib


  39. #39
    Aurora's Avatar
    Posts
    30,493
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Dark Side



    I makes several smoothies with protein powder and fruit and veggies, I also make ahead breakfast burritos, make ahead english muffin sandwiches, I make my own "lara" bars, and I also like Greek Yogurt with walnuts and blueberries with a banana ...

  40. #40
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    24,353
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Originally Posted by Ira Knee View Post
    Pound cake and sausage is a winning combo at 6 am.
    And peaches.

  41. #41
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    24,353
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Originally Posted by Aurora View Post


    I makes several smoothies with protein powder and fruit and veggies, I also make ahead breakfast burritos, make ahead english muffin sandwiches, I make my own "lara" bars, and I also like Greek Yogurt with walnuts and blueberries with a banana ...
    How do you do the burritos?

  42. #42
    bushmaster06's Avatar
    Posts
    24,258
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    balls deep

    Probably with some beggin' strips.

  43. #43
    Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    How do you do the burritos?
    Eggs (3 whites/1 yolk,) 2% cheese, turkey sausage, wrap em and freeze em.

  44. #44
    Aurora's Avatar
    Posts
    30,493
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Dark Side

    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Eggs (3 whites/1 yolk,) 2% cheese, turkey sausage, wrap em and freeze em.
    Pretty close but I use the whole egg, the good stuff is in the yolk, I use low carb whole wheat tortillas from mission but the white ones have the same carbs and sugars. I make them 8-10 at a time depending on the number of tortillas in the bag. I get 3 burritos for every 2 eggs ... I use turkey sausage, salsa, and 2% cheddar all scrambled together. I warm my tortillas a bit so they are soft. I make them let them cool a few minutes wrap them individual in press and seal wrap, freeze them. I take the one I want to eat out at night and put it in the fridge then I usually only have to microwave them 15 seconds on each side and I add more salsa =)

  45. #45
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    24,353
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    You can freeze scrambled eggs?

  46. #46
    Aurora's Avatar
    Posts
    30,493
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Dark Side

    I make my smoothie packs ahead of time too... I mix my protein powder and greek yogurt together then I scoop it into ice trays. I freeze it and then I am ready to make my little packets (zipper bags or little rubbermaids work) I put 2 protein cubes in each, 1/4 of an avocado, mixed berries (blue, black, straw and rasp), and kale then I dump that in the blender with 4 oz almond milk and 1 table spoon of chia seeds blend and add ice if you want it thicker and a little water if you want it thinner. Get a nice Tervis tumbler with a lid and straw and it travels like a dream!

    English muffin sandwiches are the same as burritos I make them and wrap them individual.

    I also make banana and egg protein pancakes which wrap nicely around a strip of turkey bacon =)
    The following users like this post: McRib


  47. #47
    bushmaster06's Avatar
    Posts
    24,258
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    balls deep

    Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    You can freeze scrambled eggs?
    yes.

  48. #48
    Aurora's Avatar
    Posts
    30,493
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Dark Side

    Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    You can freeze scrambled eggs?
    Yes and they are quite good when you eat them in a week or so. Like I said lay it out in the fridge overnight

  49. #49
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    24,353
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Awesome, thanks y'all. Ill make some up this weekend. I have 2 days of training and 2 all day meetings next week, that'll be a good test.
    2 users like McRib's post: Aurora, oucub23


  50. #50
    Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    Pretty close but I use the whole egg, the good stuff is in the yolk, I use low carb whole wheat tortillas from mission but the white ones have the same carbs and sugars. I make them 8-10 at a time depending on the number of tortillas in the bag. I get 3 burritos for every 2 eggs ... I use turkey sausage, salsa, and 2% cheddar all scrambled together. I warm my tortillas a bit so they are soft. I make them let them cool a few minutes wrap them individual in press and seal wrap, freeze them. I take the one I want to eat out at night and put it in the fridge then I usually only have to microwave them 15 seconds on each side and I add more salsa =)
    I cut the yolk to cut the fat. Making my numbers is tough if I use yolks. I use mission carb balance tortillas to make sure I get my fiber.

Similar Threads

  1. Breakfast Tacos
    By wendyaveli in forum Make Me a Sammich
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: April 1st, 2014, 08:37 AM
  2. Whats for breakfast?
    By ChpThril in forum Make Me a Sammich
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: June 16th, 2012, 08:59 PM

Tags for this Thread