Anyone else excited for the NHL starting today?

Posted 555 day(s) ago 926 Views 15 Replies
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    COLLISON ANGRY's Avatar
    Posts
    1,670
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Fayetteville, Ar

    Anyone else excited for the NHL starting today?

    I know I am! Go Devils, Avalanche, and Oilers!!

  2. #2
    the_Mont's Avatar
    Posts
    1,381
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Yes

  3. #3
    SoonerBull's Avatar
    Posts
    261
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Tampa

    Re: Anyone else excited for the NHL starting today?

    Yes!!! Lightning kick off their season at 7!!! What what...

  4. #4
    the_Mont's Avatar
    Posts
    1,381
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Anyone else excited for the NHL starting today?

    Lots of Barons got some PT tonight in Edmonton's 6-3 loss to San Jose. J. Schultz scored his first NHL goal, and Danis (14 saves, no GA) even got some time after Dubnyk was pulled.
    The following users like this post: COLLISON ANGRY


  5. #5
    SpankyNek's Avatar
    Posts
    12,388
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    5250
    Location
    Houston (Cypress)

    No.

  6. #6
    COLLISON ANGRY's Avatar
    Posts
    1,670
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Fayetteville, Ar

    Originally Posted by the_Mont View Post
    Lots of Barons got some PT tonight in Edmonton's 6-3 loss to San Jose. J. Schultz scored his first NHL goal, and Danis (14 saves, no GA) even got some time after Dubnyk was pulled.
    Looks like there could be a battle for the #1 goaltender soon. Although Dubnyk is better than Danis (and younger) Danis could very easily take over that starting position. I wouldn't mind seeing it happen. After the season Danis had last year, he deserves a starting spot in the NHL

  7. #7
    the_Mont's Avatar
    Posts
    1,381
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Anyone else excited for the NHL starting today?

    Originally Posted by COLLISON ANGRY View Post
    Looks like there could be a battle for the #1 goaltender soon. Although Dubnyk is better than Danis (and younger) Danis could very easily take over that starting position. I wouldn't mind seeing it happen. After the season Danis had last year, he deserves a starting spot in the NHL
    I'm not sure Dubnyk is the answer in Edmonton. Hell, Khabibulin, isn't much of an answer either. Love the forwards they drafted, but they need to focus on a quality goalie and some defense. It's really cool seeing guys that play well in OKC, like Danis, go up and have a shot.

  8. #8
    COLLISON ANGRY's Avatar
    Posts
    1,670
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Fayetteville, Ar

    If I'm not mistaken, I think I saw somewhere that the Oilers just signed a new goalie.

  9. #9
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,124
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    vCash
    0
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Ratings for last nights almost exhibition flag football game - 7.9

    Ratings for Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals two years ago - 5.5

    Sounds like there are some that aren't.

  10. #10
    the_Mont's Avatar
    Posts
    1,381
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Anyone else excited for the NHL starting today?

    Originally Posted by COLLISON ANGRY View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, I think I saw somewhere that the Oilers just signed a new goalie.
    You're correct, they claimed Niko Hovinen off waivers late last week, however, they're assigning him to the Barons and keeping Danis to backup Dubnyk. Khabibulin is still dealing with an injury.

    http://m.espn.go.com/nhl/story?storyId=8882197

    http://blog.newsok.com/beat-baldwin/...up-goaltender/

  11. #11
    the_Mont's Avatar
    Posts
    1,381
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Anyone else excited for the NHL starting today?

    And Danis is now on waivers, most likely headed back to OKC. Khabibulin said he's ready to play.

    http://oilersnation.com/2013/1/29/wh...lay-khabibulin

  12. #12
    COLLISON ANGRY's Avatar
    Posts
    1,670
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Fayetteville, Ar

    Originally Posted by the_Mont View Post
    And Danis is now on waivers, most likely headed back to OKC. Khabibulin said he's ready to play.

    http://oilersnation.com/2013/1/29/wh...lay-khabibulin
    That is good news for the Oilers I guess. Khabibulin is a great goalie. If Danis goes back to OKC, who do you think will be the starter for OKC? What happens to Roy?

  13. #13
    the_Mont's Avatar
    Posts
    1,381
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Originally Posted by COLLISON ANGRY View Post
    That is good news for the Oilers I guess. Khabibulin is a great goalie. If Danis goes back to OKC, who do you think will be the starter for OKC? What happens to Roy?
    If Danis clears waivers without another team picking him up, then he'll be the starter for the Barons. They may give Hovinen a few starts to find out what they have in him while Roy might get sent to Stockton of the ECHL. Khabibulin's hip issue could linger in this shortened season, so Danis should get called up again at some point.

  14. #14

  15. #15
    beelzeBob's Avatar
    Posts
    4,442
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Norman, OK

    The protracted lockout kind of dulled my excitement but I will be rooting for the Penguins.

  16. #16
    COLLISON ANGRY's Avatar
    Posts
    1,670
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Fayetteville, Ar

    Originally Posted by beelzeBob View Post
    The protracted lockout kind of dulled my excitement but I will be rooting for the Penguins.
    If anything it made me miss it and want it more. Then when the lockout ended I was more excited than ever to have some hockey. With that being said, the 48 games schedule does kinda suck, but I'm glad we have at least some hockey

Similar Threads

  1. Excited about the Future!
    By Ruf Nek in forum Owen Field
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: November 16th, 2013, 09:46 AM
  2. Who are you most excited to see in 2013?
    By OUdrewDU in forum Owen Field
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: January 6th, 2013, 11:33 AM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: October 14th, 2012, 01:34 AM