YAY! 2013 Tax rates!

Posted 555 day(s) ago by bJ01514 Views 63 Replies
Results 51 to 64 of 64
Page 2 of 2 1 2
  1. #51
    SpankyNek's Avatar
    Posts
    12,388
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    5250
    Location
    Houston (Cypress)

    Originally Posted by JDShellnutt View Post
    That's the biggest load of horse $h!t I've ever read.
    A unequal tax isn't fair in any way, and definitely not based on fairness.

    It's based more on envy, greed and jealousy more than fairness.

    A fair tax would be, do away with all the current state and federal income tax, and put in place a sales tax that would cover local, state, and federal. Exempt food, medicine, and the 3 base utilities (electricity, gas, water).

    Then all people would pay tax on would be non essential items.
    You would get 100% of your paycheck.
    If you made no purchases that weren't a necessity you would pay very little tax.

    This kind of tax would also tax a lot of people not currently paying taxes. For example criminals who pay no tax on their illegal income now would pay taxes. Now non citizens would pay taxes on non essential purchases. Any person that currently cheats the current tax system with loopholes etc would now be paying taxes.

    With this kind of system the more you buy the more tax you pay. Don't buy things don't pay taxes. Buy a $250,000 diamond ring for your wife, you pay a percentage in tax just like the current sales tax. Buy a $2500 ring pay the tax, buy a $250 ring pay the tax. It scales to your income level...fairly.
    Would stock purchases (non essential) be taxed? Property?
    Would local taxes be the same everywhere? State taxes?

    It just changes the way taxes are perceived, right now my family pays no taxes, because after filing we get some of our witholdings back. (We try to break even) this gives us a real world solution to budgeting.

    If an income tax deincentivizes earning, doesn't a sales tax equally (perhaps more so because of the "invisible" nature of federal income withholding) deincentivize spending?

    If so, what would be the affect economically?

  2. #52
    pphilfran's Avatar
    Posts
    11,198
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    vCash
    1000

    It is not the income tax rate it is the deductions...

  3. #53
    Originally Posted by pphilfran View Post
    It is not the income tax rate it is the deductions...
    Actually, it's both.

  4. #54
    SpankyNek's Avatar
    Posts
    12,388
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    5250
    Location
    Houston (Cypress)

    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Actually, it's both.
    Well, the rates are set (now) based upon the net amounts of receipts. Pretty sure any measure to wholly eliminate deductions would be coupled by rate reductions.

  5. #55
    JDShellnutt's Avatar
    Posts
    474
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Earth

    Middle Finger

    Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    Would stock purchases (non essential) be taxed? Property?
    Would local taxes be the same everywhere? State taxes?

    It just changes the way taxes are perceived, right now my family pays no taxes, because after filing we get some of our witholdings back. (We try to break even) this gives us a real world solution to budgeting.

    If an income tax deincentivizes earning, doesn't a sales tax equally (perhaps more so because of the "invisible" nature of federal income withholding) deincentivize spending?

    If so, what would be the affect economically?
    Why shouldn't your family pay taxes?
    Everyone should pay taxes!
    Shouldn't your family pay its FAIR share?

    Thats the problem with the way taxes are now, 40+% don't pay $hit. Then have the gall to sit around and **** about how the people that pay a $h!t load aren't paying enough.

    Maybe with a fair national sales tax everyone would feel that nice big bite out of their a$$ every year, and they would stop voting in these people that want to do nothing but spend and raise taxes.

    I would go as far as to say you shouldn't even be allowed to vote if you dont pay taxes! You shouldn't be allowed to vote if you're on welfare, or any kind of government aid!

  6. #56
    SpankyNek's Avatar
    Posts
    12,388
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    5250
    Location
    Houston (Cypress)

    Originally Posted by JDShellnutt View Post
    Why shouldn't your family pay taxes?
    Everyone should pay taxes!
    Shouldn't your family pay its FAIR share?

    Thats the problem with the way taxes are now, 40+% don't pay $hit. Then have the gall to sit around and **** about how the people that pay a $h!t load aren't paying enough.

    Maybe with a fair national sales tax everyone would feel that nice big bite out of their a$$ every year, and they would stop voting in these people that want to do nothing but spend and raise taxes.

    I would go as far as to say you shouldn't even be allowed to vote if you dont pay taxes! You shouldn't be allowed to vote if you're on welfare, or any kind of government aid!
    I don't write a check, but taxes are withheld. My family's income tax contribution was just over $28,000 for 2012. I didn't "feel" it at all, because, like most Americans, I plan my contribution level to break even at filing. So Censored You!

  7. #57
    Troker's Avatar
    Posts
    2,594
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    vCash
    3357
    Location
    Not far enough away from Stillwater.

    Originally Posted by JDShellnutt View Post
    Why shouldn't your family pay taxes?
    Everyone should pay taxes!
    Shouldn't your family pay its FAIR share?

    Thats the problem with the way taxes are now, 40+% don't pay $hit. Then have the gall to sit around and **** about how the people that pay a $h!t load aren't paying enough.

    Maybe with a fair national sales tax everyone would feel that nice big bite out of their a$$ every year, and they would stop voting in these people that want to do nothing but spend and raise taxes.

    I would go as far as to say you shouldn't even be allowed to vote if you dont pay taxes! You shouldn't be allowed to vote if you're on welfare, or any kind of government aid!
    You'll fit in well here.

  8. #58
    JDShellnutt's Avatar
    Posts
    474
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Earth

    Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    I don't write a check, but taxes are withheld. My family's income tax contribution was just over $28,000 for 2012. I didn't "feel" it at all, because, like most Americans, I plan my contribution level to break even at filing. So Censored You!
    You're the one that said you didn't pay any taxes in your previous post, and now you say you paid $28,000.

    If you paid $28,000 in taxes, you didn't break even by far. You paid $28,000 in taxes. Just because you plan to not owe any more taxes, or not over pay your taxes so that the IRS has to send you back your overpayment (refund) doesn't mean you didn't pay any taxes.

    If we were on a National sales tax you would have had $2,333 extra dollars a month in your checking account. Then only paid taxes on non essential things you purchased. If you didn't buy anything but the essentials, no taxes and $2333 of your hard earned money you could have kept.

  9. #59

    Re: YAY! 2013 Tax rates!

    No more conservative posters in the Dome please.

    Especially ones that think a national sales tax makes any ****ing sense.

  10. #60
    JDShellnutt's Avatar
    Posts
    474
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Earth

    The following users like this post: Sooner 4 Life


  11. #61
    JDShellnutt's Avatar
    Posts
    474
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Earth

    Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    No more conservative posters in the Dome please.

    Especially ones that think a national sales tax makes any ****ing sense.
    Dont worry it will never happen, there is too much money flowing through Washington DC, common sense isn't allowed there.
    2 users like JDShellnutt's post: cbsooner, Sooner 4 Life


  12. #62
    Sancho's Avatar
    Posts
    4,795
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    vCash
    1000
    Location
    Land of milk and honey

    Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    I guess so. Especially when compared to the governments of all of the other economic powers of the world.

    I refuse to live in fear of the government...better to be a subject of Nero than a disciple of Kaczynski.
    Thats one of the most pathetic things I have ever heard.
    The following users like this post: JDShellnutt


  13. #63
    The little to no representation of how our taxes are spent is what gets me. Why should some numb nuts congressman in Vermont have some say how my tax dollars are spent while I'm all the way down in here in Texas?
    Last edited by cbsooner; January 23rd, 2013 at 12:09 PM. Reason: grammer errer

  14. #64
    SpankyNek's Avatar
    Posts
    12,388
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    vCash
    5250
    Location
    Houston (Cypress)

    Originally Posted by JDShellnutt View Post
    You're the one that said you didn't pay any taxes in your previous post, and now you say you paid $28,000.

    If you paid $28,000 in taxes, you didn't break even by far. You paid $28,000 in taxes. Just because you plan to not owe any more taxes, or not over pay your taxes so that the IRS has to send you back your overpayment (refund) doesn't mean you didn't pay any taxes.

    If we were on a National sales tax you would have had $2,333 extra dollars a month in your checking account. Then only paid taxes on non essential things you purchased. If you didn't buy anything but the essentials, no taxes and $2333 of your hard earned money you could have kept.
    Again, I have never measured my worth by gross income. My net income is, I feel, satisfactory for what I provide.

Similar Threads

  1. Mortgage rates...
    By Sooners2007 in forum O'Connell's
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: April 24th, 2014, 01:20 PM
  2. ACA Healthcare rates 20-30% less than national average
    By eightisgreat in forum ThunderDome
    Replies: 321
    Last Post: October 3rd, 2013, 12:37 PM
  3. ACA effect on insurance rates in Louisiana
    By barrister in forum ThunderDome
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: July 12th, 2013, 01:48 PM
  4. Shinn at 3 p.m.: Graduation rates released
    By Jenni 5 in forum Bob Barry's Press Box
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: October 26th, 2012, 03:30 PM