Drug testing

Posted 638 day(s) ago 951 Views 44 Replies
Results 1 to 45 of 45
  1. #1

    Drug testing

    So, just got called by the hospital and was told I have til 10pm tonight to come and take a piss test. I guess anyone who worked this last weekend has to do this.

    So, my question is..I'm curious why we have to go in and do this with no reason why. Can employers do this without giving a reason?

  2. #2
    Troker's Avatar
    Posts
    2,648
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Not far enough away from Stillwater.

    Originally Posted by ourn View Post
    So, just got called by the hospital and was told I have til 10pm tonight to come and take a piss test. I guess anyone who worked this last weekend has to do this.

    So, my question is..I'm curious why we have to go in and do this with no reason why. Can employers do this without giving a reason?
    You probably signed a consent to random and/or after-incident drug testing when you were hired.

    Drink lots of water.

  3. #3
    drumhead23us's Avatar
    Posts
    9,578
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tornado Alley

    Lots of places do this. Random drug test, usually a condition of employment. I'm no HR specialist, but you probably consented to it when you applied.

    Edit: Doh! Troker beat me to it.

  4. #4
    Mississippi Sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    3,445
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    East St Louis, yo

    Damn that fine print!

  5. #5
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    25,110
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Drug testing

    Originally Posted by Troker View Post
    You probably signed a consent to random and/or after-incident drug testing when you were hired.

    Drink lots of water.
    Diluted samples are considered to be positive. Usually.

  6. #6
    I'm not worried about the test, just want to know what's going on. I'm assuming there was/is missing narcs from our omnicell.

  7. #7
    Coach's Avatar
    Posts
    10,931
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Drug testing

    I thought it had to be random. Saying a whole shift has to come in is not random.

  8. #8
    Peach Fuzz's Avatar
    Posts
    322
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Public Library

    Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    Diluted samples are considered to be positive. Usually.
    False. I've passed twice high as a pterodactyl with 80% plus water... luck?

  9. #9

    Re: Drug testing

    Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    Diluted samples are considered to be positive. Usually.
    Yup. Coworker had to take another test because his urine was "too clear".

  10. #10
    Peach Fuzz's Avatar
    Posts
    322
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Public Library

    that's why you use the middle part of your piss for coloring and tuck it under your sack until it's 94 degrees+.

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    I thought it had to be random. Saying a whole shift has to come in is not random.
    When drugs are involved at the place of employment (hopsital, pharmacy, etc) and some are missing, gotta call everyone in.

  12. #12
    Coach's Avatar
    Posts
    10,931
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Drug testing

    Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    When drugs are involved at the place of employment (hopsital, pharmacy, etc) and some are missing, gotta call everyone in.
    Ah. They don't keep drugs around in my profession.

  13. #13
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    25,110
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Drug testing

    Originally Posted by Peach Fuzz View Post
    False. I've passed twice high as a pterodactyl with 80% plus water... luck?
    Possibly, I'll try tucking it under my sack next time.

  14. #14
    Peach Fuzz's Avatar
    Posts
    322
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Public Library

    just put it up under the hood for a few

  15. #15
    jdmt37's Avatar
    Posts
    6,433
    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    What kind of drugs did you take?
    The following users like this post: Morningwood


  16. #16
    I drug test my employees, just so I know who to hang out with at the christmas party.

  17. #17
    Jason's Avatar
    Posts
    9,251
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada

    Re: Drug testing

    Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    Ah. They don't keep drugs around in my profession.
    None that you know of, anyway.
    The following users like this post: Coach


  18. #18
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,498
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by Peach Fuzz View Post
    False. I've passed twice high as a pterodactyl with 80% plus water... luck?
    Yes. Water, cranberry juice, herbs - all wives tales. Sometimes those cleansers from head shops work but they can also pop up as a masking agent. The only safe way is to be clean when you take it. And hiding piss to keep it up to body temp only works if you have clean piss and not your own.

  19. #19
    I'm in.

    What drugs are we testing?
    4 users like JJohnson14's post: bushmaster06, ImTheDude, QRISooner, soonerintn


  20. #20
    don't do drugs, no worries if you can avoid them altogether

    sucks they are making you take it, but if you're good then get it over with...they are trying to catch someone for something I imagine

  21. #21
    Just fire HR.


  22. #22

  23. #23
    Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    Diluted samples are considered to be positive. Usually.
    I've never heard of a diluted sample being considered positive. They are considered diluted and they make you take the test again. that's even if they bother. Usually if it's not positive you are good even if it is diluted and they just pass you.

  24. #24
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    25,110
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Drug testing

    Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    I've never heard of a diluted sample being considered positive. They are considered diluted and they make you take the test again. that's even if they bother. Usually if it's not positive you are good even if it is diluted and they just pass you.
    Depends on what the requesting entity is using the test results for.

  25. #25
    bushmaster06's Avatar
    Posts
    24,550
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    balls deep

    Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    Ah. They don't keep drugs around in my profession.
    yes they do. they're called students.
    The following users like this post: McRib


  26. #26
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,498
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    I've never heard of a diluted sample being considered positive. They are considered diluted and they make you take the test again. that's even if they bother. Usually if it's not positive you are good even if it is diluted and they just pass you.
    Well I've never heard of a diluted sample coming out of the body. I do know of people getting busted by diluting it afterwards. Piss is piss.

  27. #27
    Yuck Fu's Avatar
    Posts
    5,008
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ah so, mutha fucka.

    Originally Posted by Peach Fuzz View Post
    False. I've passed twice high as a pterodactyl with 80% plus water... luck?
    What percentage water would you need if you were high as an archeoptryx?
    The following users like this post: Peach Fuzz


  28. #28
    Aurora's Avatar
    Posts
    31,476
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Dark Side

    Re: Drug testing

    The teens used to come in late in the evening and by Certo. The stuff for canning so I asked one if they make drugs with it and he said "naaaaw mama we use dis to pass da piss tess at skoo "
    The following users like this post: McRib


  29. #29
    Troker's Avatar
    Posts
    2,648
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Not far enough away from Stillwater.

    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Yes. Water, cranberry juice, herbs - all wives tales. Sometimes those cleansers from head shops work but they can also pop up as a masking agent. The only safe way is to be clean when you take it. And hiding piss to keep it up to body temp only works if you have clean piss and not your own.
    Water works, though many tests now also show over-hydration. My dad has sold drug testing equipment since I was 14. I've done plenty of research.

    You are correct though, the only way to assure you won't fail is to be clean.

  30. #30
    bushmaster06's Avatar
    Posts
    24,550
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    balls deep

    i'll sell you clean pee.
    The following users like this post: CookiePuss


  31. #31
    His Royal Highness the Honorable King of LandThieves Esq. III
    SoCaliSooner's Avatar
    Posts
    7,539
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SoCal

    Originally Posted by ourn View Post
    So, just got called by the hospital and was told I have til 10pm tonight to come and take a piss test. I guess anyone who worked this last weekend has to do this.

    So, my question is..I'm curious why we have to go in and do this with no reason why. Can employers do this without giving a reason?

    It's probably in your contract and I know one time everybody at our station was called in for a UI. We didn't know it at the time but a couple Percocet were found on the floor of the station. It's possible somebody dropped some pills or weed.

  32. #32
    bJ0's Avatar
    Posts
    1,685
    Join Date
    Nov 2010

    dont do drugs, mmm kay?

  33. #33
    Peach Fuzz's Avatar
    Posts
    322
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Public Library

    Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    The teens used to come in late in the evening and by Certo. The stuff for canning so I asked one if they make drugs with it and he said "naaaaw mama we use dis to pass da piss tess at skoo "
    same thing as pectin? IIRC that has something to do with canning to. supposed to make you clean the **** out I guess
    The following users like this post: Aurora


  34. #34
    Nazgul's Avatar
    Posts
    2,267
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Minas Morgul

    Make sure to take some Ranitidine tonight. It will clear anything bad.

  35. #35
    smot poker's Avatar
    Posts
    4,071
    Join Date
    Dec 2012

    Closers don't get drug tested.

  36. #36
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,498
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    i'll sell you clean pee.
    I used to know a guy that sold his 5 year old's pee. He couldn't keep it in stock.

  37. #37
    tcrb's Avatar
    Posts
    4,877
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Behind enemy lines

    Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    Depends on what the requesting entity is using the test results for.
    Also depends on the protocols that the company has established. My company considers a diluted urine sample a "non-negative" and will require another sample. When you go in for the second sample they tell you not to consume more than 24 oz of water to avoid another diluted sample. Two non-negatives in a row will trigger a hair follicle sample. Dont do drugs.

  38. #38
    Aurora's Avatar
    Posts
    31,476
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Dark Side

    Re: Drug testing

    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    I used to know a guy that sold his 5 year old's pee. He couldn't keep it in stock.
    Seems like a good gig

    The Dark Side

  39. #39
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,498
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    Seems like a good gig

    The Dark Side
    200 a pop.

  40. #40

    Re: Drug testing



    Works like a charm...

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

  41. #41
    Went in and pissed before heading to OU game bc we had to do it by 10pm. The rumors flying around was someone had prescription pain pills stolen from their purse and the other rumor was someone found empty morphine carpujects in one of the locker rooms.

  42. #42
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,498
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by ourn View Post
    Went in and pissed before heading to OU game bc we had to do it by 10pm. The rumors flying around was someone had prescription pain pills stolen from their purse and the other rumor was someone found empty morphine carpujects in one of the locker rooms.
    Are you guys hiring? Sounds like a fun place to work!!

  43. #43
    Stinger_1066's Avatar
    Posts
    21,104
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    On the golf course

    Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    The teens used to come in late in the evening and by Certo. The stuff for canning so I asked one if they make drugs with it and he said "naaaaw mama we use dis to pass da piss tess at skoo "

  44. #44
    MoJoOkie's Avatar
    Posts
    7,455
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Slaughters

    If you do enough coke it will mask the reefer positive.

  45. #45
    smot poker's Avatar
    Posts
    4,071
    Join Date
    Dec 2012

    A few bad apples that can't use drugs responsibly have ruined it for the rest of us.
    2 users like smot poker's post: DIB, MoJoOkie


Similar Threads

  1. Testing
    By oucub23 in forum ThunderDome
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: September 3rd, 2013, 01:28 PM