Kittle

Posted 647 day(s) ago 1371 Views 15 Replies

Kittle

So obviously kittle has had a bad year. A very bad year. And his first year wasn't that great either but coaches always get somewhat of a pass their first recruiting cycle. My question is is kittle really this bad of a recruiter/coach or are these dozens of tackles that were offered scared off by our depth chart or genuinely just not interested in ou? Bob is a stubborn sob, we all know that, but I have a hard time believing he is okay with what kittle is doing.

Year two you have to see recruiting progress.
    We saw it big time with Norvell, and there are signs overall that Kish is doing better
    And instead we've seen a regression.
    TE recruiting - a total mess. BTW anyone notice all 4 of the teams in the NFL playoffs this weekend had great TEs.
    OT recruiting - Daimler (who actually appears to be more a Houston Kish recruit) and the JUCO OT
    Kittle seems to have little idea when to drop kids and move on, completely misread the real level of interest
    players like Dowling, Cochran, Rodgers to the detriment of offering players like
    Dwayne Johnson, Dan Skipper, and Jake Campos.

Im starting to wonder if the Kittle issue is more of a Stoops issue. Heard rumblings that Bob has wanted to check offers before extending them, well Bob has a ton of film to watch and he is a defensive guy first, Kittle doesn't have the autonomy of Cale or Norvell. This is making no excuse for Kittle he hasn't been able to close the deal on major targets, but the rumor is that Kittle wanted to extend offers to Skipper abd Campos back in spring but Stoops hadn't seen their film yet.. soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Good point. If we have to wait for all of the recruits to go through a Stoops' viewing of HS film, then no way can we process and extend offers as fast as we should be. Explains Kittle and Patton conundrum; no idea what excuse can be made for Shipp

Kittle was and is a bad hire regardless. However, WTF bobby! Has stoops forgotten what the hell he's doing? He's getting his ass kicked on and off the field. There continue to be numerous **** ups with this coaching staff. WTF. Get it fixed already.

The message that is sent by micro-managing is that the micro-manager doesn't trust the knowledge, skills, and abilities of the person being micro-managed. Simple. As. That.
    2 users like Mr. Pink's post: oudidntknow84, SaintSooner

usasooner,
    that rumor does not pass the smell test.
    Kish found KJ Young and Young got an offer within 24 hours.

Kittle's problem I think is that he's not reading kids very well at all. He has no clue when to drop kids and move on.
    He's buying his own BS that he is pitching.

The flurry of late offers is a Bob issue. He's not pushing Kittle hard enough to find kids these kids earlier.

Originally Posted by atlantasooner View Post
    usasooner,

Kittle's problem I think is that he's not reading kids very well at all. He has no clue when to drop kids and move on.

The flurry of late offers is a Bob issue. He's not pushing Kittle hard enough to find kids these kids earlier.
    Bob didnt get high speed internet at his house in Tuscanny until last month so he was able to see Young's film relatively quickly.

I think this is just another example of what has happened to Bob over the years at OU. He has become so big and his time stretched so thin (coaches shows, interviews, clinics, etc...) that a lot of things tend to fall through the cracks. He doesn't get to focus enough time and energy on some of these things that are broken.

Originally Posted by BKSOONERS View Post
    I think this is just another example of what has happened to Bob over the years at OU. He has become so big and his time stretched so thin (coaches shows, interviews, clinics, etc...) that a lot of things tend to fall through the cracks. He doesn't get to focus enough time and energy on some of these things that are broken.
    Saban (because, apparently, he's the paragon) as well as other coaches do the same things.

Originally Posted by atlantasooner View Post
    usasooner,

What does Kish have to do with Kittle?

How long is stoops going to give kittle a pass? Like many on here and other boards have said, this might not hurt us next year or the year after but in a few years we are going to be paper thin at tackle and there is going to be no competition to make these guys better. I've seen lots of rumblings about potential coaching changes after signing day. Rumors I'm sure but it would be nice to get an actual coach in here at one of the most important positions on the football field.

That being said, I've noticed in a lot of these pictures recruits are posting online, I've seen all of the coaches but only one or two with kittle. Even the daimler kid posted pictures or he and stoops and kish but I didn't see kittle. Is that the norm?

Kittle

Lane going top 15 will keep Kittle around too.

How much of this is Kittle's inadequacy versus the decline of the OU "brand"? We're not chasing OTs from Oklahoma, so we have to go out of state for a premium position (equal or near to DT and QB). Do OU's recent struggles affect Kittle's ability to successfully land OOS recruits?

Because Kittle has worked out so well Bob should apply this philosophy of hiring people with little to no experience and appoint someone to be the, oh I don't know, offensive coor...wait...