Survey: what kind(s) of car(s) do you own?

Posted 583 day(s) ago by dtex5375 Views 141 Replies
Results 101 to 142 of 142
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
  1. #101
    ab5sr's Avatar
    Posts
    4,415
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Euless, TX

    Originally Posted by OUEverest View Post
    You should trade up to one that starts with 389 and ends in tri-power.
    Sure I wouldn't mind one of those. Mine goat is pretty fast...I've put 10k+ worth of parts on it...now sorta wished I'd have never done of course.

  2. #102
    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    You can get an 07 with 27k for 27k.
    you can get a 2012 for 72k

  3. #103

    Survey: what kind(s) of car(s) do you own?

    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    you can get a 2012 for 72k
    Sure you can. I never buy cars that are that new though. I'd go with the one that's a few years old that has sat in a guy's garage and only been out in the weekends and save 45k.

  4. #104
    nocalsooner's Avatar
    Posts
    1,809
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northern California

    Kia Optima, Official Car of the NBA, 2012.

  5. #105
    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Sure you can. I never buy cars that are that new though.
    neither do i....
    maybe after my kids are in college....i'll get an 07 cayman.....

  6. #106

    Survey: what kind(s) of car(s) do you own?

    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    neither do i....
    maybe after my kids are in college....i'll get an 07 cayman.....
    Hell, by then you'll be able to get a '10. I would have bought a 911 instead of my X but the X made much more sense with two kids.

  7. #107
    OUEverest's Avatar
    Posts
    3,365
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX

    Survey: what kind(s) of car(s) do you own?

    Originally Posted by ab5sr View Post
    Sure I wouldn't mind one of those. Mine goat is pretty fast...I've put 10k+ worth of parts on it...now sorta wished I'd have never done of course.
    I'm sure it would beat mine down the stretch but mine would sound a lot better during the process.

  8. #108
    jdmt37's Avatar
    Posts
    6,419
    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Originally Posted by OUEverest View Post
    You should trade up to one that starts with 389 and ends in tri-power.
    You did see the pontiac T-37 in the garage, no??? hahaha She's hell on tires.

  9. #109
    jdmt37's Avatar
    Posts
    6,419
    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Originally Posted by ab5sr View Post
    Sure I wouldn't mind one of those. Mine goat is pretty fast...I've put 10k+ worth of parts on it...now sorta wished I'd have never done of course.
    You could've installed a nice whipple for that! I haven't done anything to mine other than flowmasters, and a K&N cold ait kit. I'm thinking about camming mine and throwing some Kooks long tubes on it. What have you done?
    The following users like this post: ab5sr


  10. #110
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,247
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by jdmt37 View Post
    You did see the pontiac T-37 in the garage, no??? hahaha She's hell on tires.
    I thought that was a Chevelle.

  11. #111
    jdmt37's Avatar
    Posts
    6,419
    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    I thought that was a Chevelle.
    Nope all Pontiac. From the little v8 under the hood down to the BOP rear.

  12. #112
    OUEverest's Avatar
    Posts
    3,365
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX

    Survey: what kind(s) of car(s) do you own?

    Originally Posted by jdmt37 View Post
    You did see the pontiac T-37 in the garage, no??? hahaha She's hell on tires.
    Oh I saw it. What's that quote when it come to T-37's? A little bit of GTO in every one.
    The following users like this post: jdmt37


  13. #113
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,247
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by jdmt37 View Post
    Nope all Pontiac. From the little v8 under the hood down to the BOP rear.
    when I was in HS everyone had late 60's-early 70's cars. Chevelles, GTO, 442, Challenger, Chargers, etc. My manager at Shakeys had a Super Bee. Talk about fast. My first car was a Firebird 400. I'd love to have it now.

  14. #114
    OUEverest's Avatar
    Posts
    3,365
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX

    Survey: what kind(s) of car(s) do you own?

    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    when I was in HS everyone had late 60's-early 70's cars. Chevelles, GTO, 442, Challenger, Chargers, etc. My manager at Shakeys had a Super Bee. Talk about fast. My first car was a Firebird 400. I'd love to have it now.
    Speaking of Super Bees... Damn hard to find a fixer upper worth putting money into.

  15. #115
    jdmt37's Avatar
    Posts
    6,419
    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Originally Posted by OUEverest View Post
    Oh I saw it. What's that quote when it come to T-37's? A little bit of GTO in every one.
    Not this one. It was a rubber floor matted, single exhausted, and had a tiny two barrel carb on it when i bought it 16 yrs ago. It's a little different now.

  16. #116
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,247
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by OUEverest View Post
    Speaking of Super Bees... Damn hard to find a fixer upper worth putting money into.
    I was just looking at some car sites one day and did see one that was trashed but dude still wanted 20K for it. I guess it's because they don't make them anymore. That's why I always call BS on some of those rebuild shows. Some of their budgets must be with free labor.

    My buddy that restored his AMX was a BMW parts manager so he had the connects but it still cost him out his ass.

  17. #117
    ab5sr's Avatar
    Posts
    4,415
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Euless, TX

    Originally Posted by jdmt37 View Post
    You could've installed a nice whipple for that! I haven't done anything to mine other than flowmasters, and a K&N cold ait kit. I'm thinking about camming mine and throwing some Kooks long tubes on it. What have you done?
    Naa was kind of scared to put one on so left it NA. Has AFR 205 heads, Tx speed cam, Stainless Works headers, ud pulley, Volant CAI, Magnaflow mid and exhaust, 3500 stall kit, mini tub w/ 315s on back. Hmm not sure what else fast 102 that's about it.
    The following users like this post: jdmt37


  18. #118
    OUEverest's Avatar
    Posts
    3,365
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX

    Survey: what kind(s) of car(s) do you own?

    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    I was just looking at some car sites one day and did see one that was trashed but dude still wanted 20K for it. I guess it's because they don't make them anymore. That's why I always call BS on some of those rebuild shows. Some of their budgets must be with free labor.

    My buddy that restored his AMX was a BMW parts manager so he had the connects but it still cost him out his ass.
    20k is about the norm if you can find a trashed super bee. Super bees are just one of those cars that certain people will dish out lots of cash for just to have it again no matter what kind of shape it's in.

  19. #119
    Docsooner's Avatar
    Posts
    618
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Valley of the Sun, AZ

    2013 Mustang GT/CS (daily driver)
    2008 Mazda Tribute (road tripper/16 yo son's rig)

  20. #120
    2002 Toyota Tacoma....me
    2008 Nissan Altima....wife
    2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser....daughter
    2009 Nissan Sentra.....daughter
    1940 Ford Deluxe 2 door sedan......project

  21. #121
    Filthy's Avatar
    Posts
    1,321
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Edmond, OK

    10' Lexus IS350
    10' Chevrolet Tahoe

    And a bunch of classic/muscle cars that live their life under car covers.

  22. #122
    Originally Posted by the-rover View Post
    2002 Toyota Tacoma....me
    2008 Nissan Altima....wife
    2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser....daughter
    2009 Nissan Sentra.....daughter
    1940 Ford Deluxe 2 door sedan......project
    obvious which daughter you like less.
    2 users like SoonerinBoulder's post: ab5sr, SiggyPoke


  23. #123
    Aurora's Avatar
    Posts
    30,483
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Dark Side

    Originally Posted by SoonerinBoulder View Post
    obvious which daughter you like less.
    I thought the same thing

  24. #124
    2013 Honda Ruckus
    2012 Power Wheels Brute Force
    2011 Toyota Tundra
    2010 Toyota Sequoia
    1991 Daihatsu HiJet

  25. #125
    Originally Posted by SoonerinBoulder View Post
    obvious which daughter you like less.
    Actually, the Cruiser we have is a very nice car, it's loaded with options and has been a better car than the Sentra. The only thing the Sentra has going for it is better gas mileage. In both daughters cases, they chose their car over options I gave them.
    The following users like this post: Aurora


  26. #126
    Originally Posted by the-rover View Post
    Actually, the Cruiser we have is a very nice car, it's loaded with options and has been a better car than the Sentra. The only thing the Sentra has going for it is better gas mileage. In both daughters cases, they chose their car over options I gave them.

    careful....you will be accused by dumbazz lt poster of letting your children run your household

  27. #127
    Aurora's Avatar
    Posts
    30,483
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Dark Side

    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    careful....you will be accused by dumbazz lt poster of letting your children run your household
    what your kid isn't running your household you are attempting to purchase a fast sports car for him because he is a good kid and the car is obviously a sign of manhood that all good tractor driving youngsters need.
    =)

  28. #128
    Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    what your kid isn't running your household you are attempting to purchase a fast sports car for him because he is a good kid and the car is obviously a sign of manhood that all good tractor driving youngsters need.
    =)

    are there slow sports cars?

  29. #129
    SpankyNek's Avatar
    Posts
    12,391
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Houston (Cypress)

    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    are there slow sports cars?
    Get him a Miata...it's "sporty"

  30. #130
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,247
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by OUEverest View Post
    20k is about the norm if you can find a trashed super bee. Super bees are just one of those cars that certain people will dish out lots of cash for just to have it again no matter what kind of shape it's in.
    I had a '72 Cutlass in HS that I loved. I'm always on the lookout for one to fix up. You wouldn't believe the prices on them.
    Last edited by KCRuf/Nek; January 23rd, 2013 at 07:07 PM.

  31. #131
    Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    Get him a Miata...it's "sporty"
    so are the 4 cars on my list.....

  32. #132
    SpankyNek's Avatar
    Posts
    12,391
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Houston (Cypress)

    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    so are the 4 cars on my list.....
    I bet the Miata is "slower"

  33. #133
    The Camaro


  34. #134

    Survey: what kind(s) of car(s) do you own?

    Originally Posted by SiggyPoke View Post
    The Camaro

    Does your mullet go to the middle of your back?

  35. #135
    I'll have you know mullets only drive 2nd and 3rd generation Camaros. That's a 4th generation one.

    Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    Does your mullet go to the middle of your back?

  36. #136
    SoonerSteve's Avatar
    Posts
    1,131
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Austin Texas!

    2006 Dodge Mega-Cab Ram 2500 Cummings diesel
    2010 Nissan Maxima
    ....two kids cars that I'm the title for, but they drive!~

  37. #137
    Nazgul's Avatar
    Posts
    2,267
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Minas Morgul

    Originally Posted by the-rover View Post
    2002 Toyota Tacoma....me
    2008 Nissan Altima....wife
    2008 Chrysler PT Cruiser....daughter
    2009 Nissan Sentra.....daughter
    1940 Ford Deluxe 2 door sedan......project
    Can't get anymore meh than this. There's not one car in there that I covet.

  38. #138
    Nazgul's Avatar
    Posts
    2,267
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Minas Morgul

    Originally Posted by madbrad View Post
    Me - 2006 Infiniti fx45
    Wife - 2008 Lexus gx470

    I need/want a piece of shit daily driver that gets about 40 mpg that I don't mind ruining.
    Chevy Cruze with Eco option and manul tranny. Not a POS at all.

    And about the Infiniti, you must not be over 25 years old.

  39. #139
    Slobber's Avatar
    Posts
    970
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Chicago Western Suburbs

    An ultimate driving machine 750Li
    First on race day, or Found on road dead Edge
    Motorcoach

  40. #140
    ab5sr's Avatar
    Posts
    4,415
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Euless, TX

    Looks like my Daily Driver (DD) is the biggest piece of shit, and oldest, thus far. Love my old truck!

  41. #141
    DrBrizzle's Avatar
    Posts
    560
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Drilling teeth...

    Survey: what kind(s) of car(s) do you own?

    Me: 2005 BMW 525i

    Wifey: 2007 BMW X5

  42. #142
    Originally Posted by Nazgul View Post
    Can't get anymore meh than this. There's not one car in there that I covet.
    I'm crushed.
    The following users like this post: Nazgul


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 47
    Last Post: May 9th, 2014, 03:00 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: February 28th, 2014, 04:31 AM
  3. Replies: 24
    Last Post: February 8th, 2014, 09:12 AM