Posted 549 day(s) ago 2303 Views 29 Replies
    vCash

Justice Hansen - Edmond Santa Fe QB

Offers so far for the Junior QB have come in from:

Arizona State
    Arkansas
    Missouri
    Texas A&M

There may be others, but the schools listed above have extended offers. Yet crickets from the Oklahoma schools. Ridiculous. Maybe OU will offer another TE from New Mexico/North Dakota/Colorado/etc. that we'll never use or convert to OL instead of a QB who produces huge numbers against 6A competition AND who also happens to live about 30 minutes up I-35. Fantastic. And please, don't talk to me about the kid who's transferring from Jones to Norman North until after he's had a season against 6A level talent on defense. I've seen the Jones kid play, and no doubt he has skills - but I've also seen Hansen play and I'll take Hansen every time.
    The following users like this post: VRO405

vCash

Being an Edmond Santa Fe alum, I would love for Hansen to come to OU. Not just that, but the kid can really throw the ball. Amazing arm

vCash

article says OU is in the hunt,had him coming to Jr. Day before it was canceled.

QB is the one of the last positions we need to be worried about. Right behind WR. I am sure he gets his offer at junior day.

vCash

heupel always slow plays the qb's and usually waits to offer them in person...this would be very early to offer anyone in the qb class for '14 so let's wait and see what happens...it'd be a great addition to any program but right now the team has much bigger issues than qb's
    2 users like andymancan20's post: Sooner 76, StiffArmTrophy

vCash

Originally Posted by ElGuapoSooner View Post
    Offers so far for the Junior QB have come in from:

Arizona State
    Arkansas
    Missouri
    Texas A&M

There may be others, but the schools listed above have extended offers. Yet crickets from the Oklahoma schools. Ridiculous. Maybe OU will offer another TE from New Mexico/North Dakota/Colorado/etc. that we'll never use or convert to OL instead of a QB who produces huge numbers against 6A competition AND who also happens to live about 30 minutes up I-35. Fantastic. And please, don't talk to me about the kid who's transferring from Jones to Norman North until after he's had a season against 6A level talent on defense. I've seen the Jones kid play, and no doubt he has skills - but I've also seen Hansen play and I'll take Hansen every time.
    If I were Hansen, I would say **** OU and take that A&M offer... You've seen what Sumlin has done w/ his QBs!
    The following users like this post: ElGuapoSooner

Originally Posted by VRO405 View Post
    If I were Hansen, I would say **** OU and take that A&M offer... You've seen what Sumlin has done w/ his QBs!
    Ya bc our qb's def don't win Heismans. Oh wait...

He's a born and bred sooner. If OU offers him at junior day, that's not a late offer. I wish they'd offer now and take him.

vCash

Originally Posted by ourn View Post
    Ya bc our qb's def don't win Heismans. Oh wait...
    Not because of that, but like they say, "First money is better than no money!"... I would take A&M's offer now and if OU offers, then I would reconsider...

vCash

In my opinion, it's Florida State, aTm and everyone else. I'm with VR, if I'm Hansen I say thanks but no thanks to OU at this point. The kid has OU ties being that his dad was on the 94 national championship baseball team for Christ's sakes. You don't slow play a kid with his talent and pedigree. Will OU be ok without him? Sure they will. That said, we need more Oklahoma born and bred kids who give a shit and know what being a Sooner is all about. Those type of kids don't curl up into the fetal position when the going gets tough. And I'm talking about getting more aggressive with top notch Oklahoma high school football players like Hansen, not just extending offers to above average in-state kids for the sake of offering them. Oh yeah, and I hear he's a damn good kid too! The type of kid you'd want to build a class around. Oh well, what do I know?

vCash

In my opinion, it's Florida State, aTm and everyone else. I'm with VR, if I'm Hansen I say thanks but no thanks to OU at this point. The kid has OU ties being that his dad was on the 94 national championship baseball team for Christ's sakes. You don't slow play a kid with his talent and pedigree. Will OU be ok without him? Sure they will. That said, we need more Oklahoma born and bred kids who give a shit and know what being a Sooner is all about. Those type of kids don't curl up into the fetal position when the going gets tough. And I'm talking about getting more aggressive with top notch Oklahoma high school football players like Hansen, not just extending offers to above average in-state kids for the sake of offering them. Oh yeah, and I hear he's a damn good kid too! The type of kid you'd want to build a class around. Oh well, what do I know?
    Why is everyone rushing to offer the kid? One thing I trust is Heupel's QB evaluations. Patience is good.

It's January and he's being slow played?

The following users like this post: StiffArmTrophy

vCash

Originally Posted by Sooner 76 View Post
    It's January and he's being slow played?

Yeah, that is a Stoopspalm x's three, huh? Alright, so I'll give you that "slow played" might be jumping the gun little, but still - we need kids like this. A few questions. What does Heupel still need to see? Hansen's had two, full and productive seasons against 6A competition. Half his WR corps turned over after his sophomore year yet his numbers got better. His numbers on the ground got better. Who are we looking at for 2014 who would be better and if there are better QB's are they seriously considering OU? If this were a kid from, oh, I don't know, Colorado, I'd say be patient - but we need to own the best high school players in our own backyard and letting the SEC, PAC-12 and ACC come in and beat us to the punch is not a good way to do that, in my opinion.

vCash

Come on, really? Do we think that the coaching staff isn't in contact with him? I would bet that when he goes to Norman for Junior Day he will be offered then, in person.

vCash

Yeah, that is a Stoopspalm x's three, huh? Alright, so I'll give you that "slow played" might be jumping the gun little, but still - we need kids like this. A few questions. What does Heupel still need to see? Hansen's had two, full and productive seasons against 6A competition. Half his WR corps turned over after his sophomore year yet his numbers got better. His numbers on the ground got better. Who are we looking at for 2014 who would be better and if there are better QB's are they seriously considering OU? If this were a kid from, oh, I don't know, Colorado, I'd say be patient - but we need to own the best high school players in our own backyard and letting the SEC, PAC-12 and ACC come in and beat us to the punch is not a good way to do that, in my opinion.
    How about he needs to see him in person? good heavens the kid hasn't even been on campus this calendar year and we all know the staff likes to give scholarship's in person not over the phone or in the mail...you're acting like the kid hasn't even been discovered and tomorrow he's leaving for another school. I can nearly guarantee you that he and josh speak often and he knows where he stands. of all the recruiters we have Josh has always been honest with the prospects and usually show a great deal of patience and up to this point we have about as good a 4/5 year stockpile as anyone in the country...Hansen won't even see the field until at least 2015 probably 2016...

vCash

I know the OP said not to mention Cornwell, but I will. I'd like to see OU bring both kids to a junior day and say "okay boys, lets see what ya got?"

vCash

Originally Posted by 2SBTM View Post
    I know the OP said not to mention Cornwell, but I will. I'd like to see OU bring both kids to a junior day and say "okay boys, lets see what ya got?"
    Bring in Cornwell too. Obviously I believe Hansen is better, but let them fight it out. I'm fine with that. Everybody wins.

Both hansen and cornwell are listed as pro style guys. I thought we were going more towards mobile, dual threat guys?

vCash

Originally Posted by max fischer View Post
    Both hansen and cornwell are listed as pro style guys. I thought we were going more towards mobile, dual threat guys?
    Hansen is definitely a dual threat. I believe he had around 700 yards and over 10 TD's on the ground last season.

Originally Posted by SoonerSapper View Post
    Come on, really? Do we think that the coaching staff isn't in contact with him? I would bet that when he goes to Norman for Junior Day he will be offered then, in person.
    Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner!

Be patient, grasshopper. He is a great prospect and he will be a Sooner!

vCash

Hansen is definitely a dual threat. I believe he had around 700 yards and over 10 TD's on the ground last season.
    Ive never seen Hansen run, so i have no idea how fast or athletic he is. However, take some of the running QB stuff with a grain of salt. I believe Landry ran for close to 700 his SR year of hs. Not to say that Hansen is not a dual threat guy, but sometimes those kind of yards can be deceiving and even still might not translate to being dual threat QB in D1 college football.

Foster Sawyer is a guy that OU is evaluating as well.

vCash

After watching some video of Hansen, it's apparent that he is far superior to Landry in terms of escapability and playmaking ability outside the pocket.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/377931/justice-hansen

vCash

After watching some video of Hansen, it's apparent that he is far superior to Landry in terms of escapability and playmaking ability outside the pocket.

He does look more athletic than Landry on the HS level.

vCash

While I wouldn't classify him as a true dual threat QB, he moves his feet VERY well and is quick in the pocket...making him a lot more slippery to tackle.

With other jr offers already going out, I wonder why Hansen doesn't have his offer yet.

vCash

Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    With other jr offers already going out, I wonder why Hansen doesn't have his offer yet.
    One of the ESPN guys tweeted that Hype would be visiting Sante fe to visit with him today. Also, said that he is going to visit the other kid that transferred to Norman as well. So he may be offering a scholarship to one of them today.

Bob Przybylo ‏@BPrzybylo #Sooners QB coach Josh Heupel making the rounds Fri seeing #OKPreps QBs @coleman_key & @DavidCornwell5
    OK so never mind my original statement looks like he is going to see Key and Cornwell.

Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    Because we are only taking one qb and its not even feb of his jr year. He's a great player but we always take our time on qbs .