Callahan threw Super Bowl

Posted 648 day(s) ago 2013 Views 26 Replies

NFL Callahan threw Super Bowl

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/01...03&feedID=3742

Crazy story. Its hard for me to believe a coach would throw the super bowl.

Highly doubt any coach would throw a Super Bowl unless money was involved. Sounds more like he was trying to be too clever by changing the plan at the last minute and it bit him in the ass.

I hope he hates Dallas

Callahan could be charged with being stupid but I doubt he would throw a game. He fits in perfectly in Dallas.
    The following users like this post: OUrage

Bubba Smith has said frequently that Don Shula threw the 69 super bowl.

Callahan didn't need to bother. That was an assraping waiting to happen. ****ing **** ass Faiders.

Originally Posted by beelzeBob View Post
    Bubba Smith has said frequently that Don Shula threw the 69 super bowl.
    Maybe frequently but not recently.

Charles Woodson accused him of throwing the game in an interview in like 04. Everyone laughed.

Man, that guy's got to be in the top 5 of the most unlikable coaches right now.

Tim Brown seems a bit clueless on some matters pertaining to life.

Originally Posted by Balko View Post
    Tim Brown seems a bit clueless on some matters pertaining to life.

He did attend Notre Dame.

Callahan threw Super Bowl

Tim Brown has been talking about this for years. Not sure why this is news now.

I don't think he threw it but he didn't do any favors by not changing many things from Gruden's days running the team. The Bucs celebrated their 10yr anniversary last month and during that week John Lynch joined Ronde Barber on his weekly radio show. They talked about how much of a cakewalk it was, knowing the plays long before the ball was snapped etc. Here's the link if you want to take a listen. Kinda cool to listen to them talk about everything that went down.
    http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia...d-338727e18a33

And this douchenozzle was named the OC for Dallas today.

Dear Tim Brown,

There's a reason Bill Callahan is the OLine coach for the Dallas Cowboys now. He didn't throw the Super Bowl.

Jerry Rice has confirmed Tim Browns accusations. I personally believe it to be true. I cant wait til the Ravens win and we find out the Harbowl was a sham to let Lewis retire a champion.

Nobody throws the championship game..

i get that greedy selfish ****es (that don't belong in team sports) might take personal gain over a win once in awhile....probably happens, but it has to be rare.

but wtf would anyone stand to gain throwing a championship game? No chance.

Callahan is a joke. Loved his gameplan when NU came to Norman in '04, basically took a knee and hoped that OU wouldn't run-up the score.

Originally Posted by meandmybutt View Post
    Nobody throws the championship game..

i get that greedy selfish ****es (that don't belong in team sports) might take personal gain over a win once in awhile....probably happens, but it has to be rare.

but wtf would anyone stand to gain throwing a championship game? No chance.
    1919 World Series.

But then again, that was a different time, and honestly, I don't blame the White Sox for throwing the World Series. Comiskey was a dick.

Originally Posted by OUrage View Post
    I hope he hates Dallas
    Read that the **** will be calling plays next year for the Cowboys!!!! That will be the end of Cowboy watching....

Bill either used a thesaurus or his attorney wrote that. I can point to one false statement on there tho...he didn't always postion his team to win. '04 OU game comes to mind. He wanted to get out of there with the least point defeat as possitlbe.

I lost a dime over Super Bowl 37

I can see him affecting the game if it was close but this was an asswiping almost from the beginning. If this was true more people than the coach had to be involved - including Gannon which I would never believe.

Originally Posted by DHF View Post
    1919 World Series.

But then again, that was a different time, and honestly, I don't blame the White Sox for throwing the World Series. Comiskey was a dick.
    Really?

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    I can see him affecting the game if it was close but this was an asswiping almost from the beginning. If this was true more people than the coach had to be involved - including Gannon which I would never believe.

Really?
    I don't know if you've read the allegations. But they're saying that Callahan completely changed the gameplan the Friday night before the Super Bowl which put the team behind from the start. I personally don't think he did it on purpose. Callahan's just an idiot.
    Last edited by ozz; January 23rd, 2013 at 01:34 PM.

This is dumb. The evidence that Callahan threw the Super Bowl is based on him changing the gameplan the Friday before the game. Why is that the conclusion? The more reasonable conclusion from that evidence is that Callahan, thinking that Gruden had a firm understanding of the Raiders, wanted to change things up to be unpredictable.

Callahan's not a good coach. He failed in Oakland, failed in Lincoln. It makes more sense that he was a desperate fool, insecure in his ability to build his team up to execute the established gameplan, and felt the need to shake things up at the last moment, thus disillusioning his own team (and influencing why his center went AWOL before the Superbowl). Callahan's has the situational awareness of a dirty diaper. That's the most realistic explanation, then the dubious conspiracy theory that he was trying to help his friend (Gruden) win a SB before he himself did.

Re: Callahan threw Super Bowl

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post

Really?

Really. Comiskey treated his players like absolute shit, and they had an opportunity to make some money by throwing the World Series.

Originally Posted by Master Pandemonium View Post
    This is dumb. The evidence that Callahan threw the Super Bowl is based on him changing the gameplan the Friday before the game. Why is that the conclusion? The more reasonable conclusion from that evidence is that Callahan, thinking that Gruden had a firm understanding of the Raiders, wanted to change things up to be unpredictable.

Callahan's not a good coach. He failed in Oakland, failed in Lincoln. It makes more sense that he was a desperate fool, insecure in his ability to build his team up to execute the established gameplan, and felt the need to shake things up at the last moment, thus disillusioning his own team (and influencing why his center went AWOL before the Superbowl). Callahan's has the situational awareness of a dirty diaper. That's the most realistic explanation, then the dubious conspiracy theory that he was trying to help his friend (Gruden) win a SB before he himself did.
    Take Gruden out of the equation entirely. Would any coach change their entire gameplan 24 hours before the most important game of their lives after working through their exisiting game plan for 2+ weeks? So he may not have done it to 'help his friend', but I could believe he did it to spite the Raiders. What other outcome could any coach expect from doing that? Did he truly believe that would give him the best chance to win the game, regardless of Gruden's familiarity with the scheme? I simply can't buy that.

He has always struck me as a very vindictive person. I think he would throw the game especially if he was that full of himself, which he also strikes me as, to believe he would have many other opportunities to win a SB. People believing he threw the game aren't as challenged as some pro coach that would change an entire game plan 24 hours before the SB - that is beyond stupid and unforgivable.

You'll notice he didn't address the untimely changing of the game plan in his rebuttal. Why is that? I'll tell you why, it is indefensible.
    Last edited by eightisgreat; January 23rd, 2013 at 07:14 PM.