Four Year Old Trespasser mauled

Posted 675 day(s) ago 2796 Views 88 Replies
Results 1 to 50 of 89
Page 1 of 2 1 2
  1. #1
    smot poker's Avatar
    Posts
    4,167
    Join Date
    Dec 2012

    Four Year Old Trespasser mauled

    http://www.kcentv.com/story/20647938...l-near-houston

    (KCEN) -- A brutal pit bull attack left a 4-year-old dead in one Houston-area town.

    It happened this weekend in Pinehurst.

    That's where police say 4-year-old Christian Gormanous climbed over a chain link fence into a neighbors back yard.

    The dog was chained up but police say the boy wandered too close and was attacked.

    He died after being taken to the hospital.

    Some neighbors say they've complained about the dog running loose before.

    Michael McDaniel, who lives nearby, said, "We've called and called and called the Humane Society, they don't ever do anything about it."

    Police don't anticipate any criminal charges because the dog was on a leash and in its own yard.

  2. #2
    Morningwood's Avatar
    Posts
    2,793
    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Unfortunate, but you can't put much blame on the dog or owner. Sad situation.
    The following users like this post: SiggyPoke


  3. #3
    barlowd's Avatar
    Posts
    13,524
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Whiskeytown

    The real issue: where was this kid's parent at?
    4 users like barlowd's post: fdubzou, Morningwood, OU Sam, SiggyPoke


  4. #4
    DIB's Avatar
    Posts
    4,634
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tulsa

    Originally Posted by Morningwood View Post
    Unfortunate, but you can't put much blame on the dog or owner. Sad situation.
    Exactly. A four year old should know better than to come near a pit bull. It's like if a toddler walked inside a large fire place and burned to death. You don't blame the fire for being inherently dangerous.
    5 users like DIB's post: cbsooner, Maranatha, ozz, PokeJ, smot poker


  5. #5

  6. #6
    nlight1's Avatar
    Posts
    3,071
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Four Year Old Trespasser mauled

    Originally Posted by barlowd View Post
    The real issue: where was this kid's parent at?
    This x1000

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by DIB View Post
    Exactly. A four year old should know better than to come near a pit bull. It's like if a toddler walked inside a large fire place and burned to death. You don't blame the fire for being inherently dangerous.
    Would the owner be liable if he'd left a handgun hanging on the tree and the kid had shot himself?
    The following users like this post: smot poker


  8. #8
    barlowd's Avatar
    Posts
    13,524
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Whiskeytown

    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Would the owner be liable if he'd left a handgun hanging on the tree and the kid had shot himself?
    How big is the tree?

  9. #9

    Re: Four Year Old Trespasser mauled

    Neighbor has a pit bull. There are also a lot of kids that play in the area. I've talked to the police about it. They are not to have pits inside city limits. The dog is a puppy right now and roams free. Cops still haven't showed up.

    Not saying all pits are bad. Friend has one and is the nicest dog. But the neighbors are shady as they come.

  10. #10
    OUMallen's Avatar
    Posts
    8,061
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    City of Nompton

    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Would the owner be liable if he'd left a handgun hanging on the tree and the kid had shot himself?
    Probably.

    The kid was not an invitee, but:

    A special aspect exists when the danger although open and obvious is unavoidable or imposes a “uniquely high likelihood of harm or severity of harm” [ Lugo v. Ameritech Corp., 464 Mich. 512, 518 (Mich. 2001)]

    This principle was reiterated by the Supreme Court in Mann v. Shusteric Enters., 470 Mich. 320, 328-329 (Mich. 2004) wherein the court added that in order determine whether a condition is "open and obvious," or whether there are "special aspects" that render even an "open and obvious" condition "unreasonably dangerous," the fact-finder must utilize an objective standard, i.e., a reasonably prudent person standard.
    If, as a landowner, you have something really dangerous on your properyy, you might be subject to liability.
    The following users like this post: oucub23


  11. #11
    DIB's Avatar
    Posts
    4,634
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tulsa

    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Would the owner be liable if he'd left a handgun hanging on the tree and the kid had shot himself?
    To be a valid comparison, it would have to be a gun that automatically shoots, if someone gets within a foot of the tree.

  12. #12
    Aurora's Avatar
    Posts
    32,252
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Dark Side

    VERY SAD

  13. #13

  14. #14
    bushmaster06's Avatar
    Posts
    24,916
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    balls deep

    Originally Posted by Sooner 4 Life View Post
    Neighbor has a pit bull. There are also a lot of kids that play in the area. I've talked to the police about it. They are not to have pits inside city limits. The dog is a puppy right now and roams free. Cops still haven't showed up.

    Not saying all pits are bad. Friend has one and is the nicest dog. But the neighbors are shady as they come.
    snitch.

  15. #15
    smot poker's Avatar
    Posts
    4,167
    Join Date
    Dec 2012

    I should invent a pitbull cage that allows my kids to walk around the street and observe pitbulls in their natural habitat.
    The following users like this post: Keef


  16. #16

    Re: Four Year Old Trespasser mauled

    Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    snitch.
    Not when little kids are playing around. I've talked to the neighbors about it as well. They've said it would be locked up.

  17. #17
    bushmaster06's Avatar
    Posts
    24,916
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    balls deep

    Originally Posted by Sooner 4 Life View Post
    Not when little kids are playing around. I've talked to the neighbors about it as well. They've said it would be locked up.
    you're still a snitch.

  18. #18

    Re: Four Year Old Trespasser mauled

    Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    you're still a snitch.
    And they're still drug dealers. There's only one reason to own a pit.

  19. #19
    bushmaster06's Avatar
    Posts
    24,916
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    balls deep

    Originally Posted by Sooner 4 Life View Post
    And they're still drug dealers. There's only one reason to own a pit.
    my buddy has 3 pits and doesn't sell drugs. snitch.

  20. #20
    smot poker's Avatar
    Posts
    4,167
    Join Date
    Dec 2012

    JD, do you feed a pitbull or reload it?

  21. #21
    smot poker's Avatar
    Posts
    4,167
    Join Date
    Dec 2012

    Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    my buddy has 3 pits and doesn't sell drugs. snitch.
    Sounds like a loser.
    2 users like smot poker's post: cbsooner, Sooner 4 Life


  22. #22

    Re: Four Year Old Trespasser mauled

    Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    my buddy has 3 pits and doesn't sell drugs. snitch.
    Doubt it!

  23. #23
    DIB's Avatar
    Posts
    4,634
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tulsa

    Snitches get stitches!
    2 users like DIB's post: OUMallen, Sir Bevedere


  24. #24
    Originally Posted by Sooner 4 Life View Post
    Neighbor has a pit bull. There are also a lot of kids that play in the area. I've talked to the police about it. They are not to have pits inside city limits. The dog is a puppy right now and roams free. Cops still haven't showed up.

    Not saying all pits are bad. Friend has one and is the nicest dog. But the neighbors are shady as they come.

    Sounds like you need a new neighborhood... or a pitbull to guard your shit.

  25. #25
    bushmaster06's Avatar
    Posts
    24,916
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    balls deep

    Originally Posted by smot poker View Post
    Sounds like a loser.
    if he wasn't a productive member of society he probably would be.

  26. #26
    bushmaster06's Avatar
    Posts
    24,916
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    balls deep

    Originally Posted by Sooner 4 Life View Post
    Doubt it!
    so everyone who owns a pit is a drug dealer. got it. what other gems do you have to share with us?

    hey jd, you holding?
    The following users like this post: jdmt37


  27. #27

    Re: Four Year Old Trespasser mauled

    Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    so everyone who owns a pit is a drug dealer. got it. what other gems do you have to share with us?

    hey jd, you holding?
    My neighbor is and most people that have these dogs are.

  28. #28
    smot poker's Avatar
    Posts
    4,167
    Join Date
    Dec 2012

    Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    so everyone who owns a pit is a drug dealer. got it. what other gems do you have to share with us?

    hey jd, you holding?
    JD is a pitbull owner and mechanic, of course he's holding.
    3 users like smot poker's post: bushmaster06, Keef, PokeJ


  29. #29
    Originally Posted by Sooner 4 Life View Post
    My neighbor is and most people that have these dogs are.
    Please provide stats. In pie chart form please. A bar graph will work. But I'd rather see a pie chart.

  30. #30
    bushmaster06's Avatar
    Posts
    24,916
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    balls deep

    Originally Posted by Sooner 4 Life View Post
    My neighbor is and most people that have these dogs are.
    besides owning a pit bull, how do you know your neighbor is a drug dealer?

  31. #31
    bushmaster06's Avatar
    Posts
    24,916
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    balls deep

    Originally Posted by soonerbornsoonerbret View Post
    Please provide stats. In pie chart form please. A bar graph will work. But I'd rather see a pie chart.
    i like pie.
    2 users like bushmaster06's post: jdmt37, soonerbornsoonerbrett


  32. #32

    Re: Four Year Old Trespasser mauled

    Originally Posted by soonerbornsoonerbret View Post
    Please provide stats. In pie chart form please. A bar graph will work. But I'd rather see a pie chart.
    I see it with my eyes. Neighbors are druggies have pit. Two other people I know that have pits. One is a druggie as well. 66.6% is most people in my stats.

  33. #33
    Originally Posted by Sooner 4 Life View Post
    I see it with my eyes. Neighbors are druggies have pit. Two other people I know that have pits. One is a druggie as well. 66.6% is most people in my stats.
    Sounds like you associate with a lot of druggies. Wanna buy a pit bull?
    2 users like soonerbornsoonerbrett's post: mxATVracer10, SiggyPoke


  34. #34
    Originally Posted by DIB View Post
    To be a valid comparison, it would have to be a gun that automatically shoots, if someone gets within a foot of the tree.
    So the dog is more dangerous? If so, the property owner is liable, no? If it was a gun that automatically shoots, there's 0 question there would be liability.

  35. #35

    Re: Four Year Old Trespasser mauled

    Originally Posted by soonerbornsoonerbret View Post
    Sounds like you associate with a lot of druggies. Wanna buy a pit bull?
    Knowing and associating are different. But no thanks! If I ever decide to sell drugs. I don't want a pit to give it away.
    The following users like this post: soonerbornsoonerbrett


  36. #36
    Originally Posted by soonerbornsoonerbret View Post
    Please provide stats. In pie chart form please. A bar graph will work. But I'd rather see a pie chart.
    3 users like Sir Bevedere's post: Sooner 4 Life, soonerbornsoonerbrett, texasblonde


  37. #37
    Originally Posted by Sooner 4 Life View Post
    My neighbor is and most people that have these dogs are.
    If you're going to make stupid generalizations at least attempt to make them reasonable. "Most drug dealers have these dogs." would be slightly closer to accurate.

  38. #38

    Re: Four Year Old Trespasser mauled

    Originally Posted by OrangeBlossom View Post
    If you're going to make stupid generalizations at least attempt to make them reasonable. "Most drug dealers have these dogs." would be slightly closer to accurate.
    That's exactly what I said????

  39. #39
    Originally Posted by Sir Bevedere View Post
    mmmmm... pie
    The following users like this post: bushmaster06


  40. #40
    smot poker's Avatar
    Posts
    4,167
    Join Date
    Dec 2012

    Originally Posted by OrangeBlossom View Post
    If you're going to make stupid generalizations at least attempt to make them reasonable. "Most drug dealers have these dogs." would be slightly closer to accurate.
    OB!!! I've been calling your pager. Do you have any green?

  41. #41
    Originally Posted by smot poker View Post
    JD is a pitbull owner and mechanic, of course he's holding.
    That explains the rage.

  42. #42
    bushmaster06's Avatar
    Posts
    24,916
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    balls deep

    Originally Posted by Sooner 4 Life View Post
    That's exactly what I said????
    you still made a stupid generalization.

  43. #43
    Originally Posted by PokeJ View Post
    That explains the rage.
    That and steroids.

  44. #44
    bushmaster06's Avatar
    Posts
    24,916
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    balls deep

    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    That and steroids.
    i hear he has undersized testes. is this why?

  45. #45

    Re: Four Year Old Trespasser mauled

    Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    you still made a stupid generalization.
    No I made what I've actually witnessed generalization. What you've seen may be different.

  46. #46
    Well, this is now about pie. Mods, move to food forum please.

  47. #47
    Originally Posted by Sooner 4 Life View Post
    That's exactly what I said????
    No, you said that most people that have these dogs are drug dealers.

  48. #48
    And what reason would that be?

    Originally Posted by Sooner 4 Life View Post
    And they're still drug dealers. There's only one reason to own a pit.

  49. #49

    Re: Four Year Old Trespasser mauled

    Originally Posted by OrangeBlossom View Post
    No, you said that most people that have these dogs are drug dealers.
    In my experience that would be an accurate statement. In your experience it may not be.

  50. #50
    Pittbulls eat children

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: October 10th, 2013, 08:50 PM
  2. 38 year old woman & her 24 year old niece pulled vver and assaulted
    By auggie slippenstone in forum O'Connell's
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: December 19th, 2012, 03:53 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: October 28th, 2012, 12:13 AM
  4. Replies: 72
    Last Post: June 29th, 2012, 03:11 AM