'13 OT George Adeosun- Offer

Posted 693 day(s) ago 9531 Views 83 Replies
Results 1 to 50 of 84
Page 1 of 2 1 2
  1. #1

    Recruitment '13 OT George Adeosun- Offer

    http://rivals.yahoo.com/virginia/foo...Adeosun-146212





    6'6 305 Offers Missouri Virginia,Kentucky,Purdue, Harvard, Yale


    Film: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/688164/highlights/31254384
    2 users like usaosooner's post: Sooner 4 Life, Vodnik

    Last edited by usaosooner; January 26th, 2013 at 10:19 PM.

  2. #2
    They should call Kittle "Mr. Sandman" because he's a "sleeper" gettin' machine!

  3. #3
    @KippLAdams
    @Jake_Trotter @KippLAdams Just made his profile 12 days ago after getting 1st offer from #UVA.


    Again i'll direct you to make any other comments in the Rant


    Visiting this weekend

  4. #4
    Good Hudl film, we could definitely do worse.

    Will visit this weekend according to SoonerScoop.

  5. #5
    @KippLAdams
    @Jake_Trotter Very. While on phone with him, we got word that #Purdue & #Kentucky have offered too. He was overwhelmed.

  6. #6
    Looks good to me send in to get him.

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by drspencer View Post
    Looks good to me send in to get him.
    Norvell's busy. We'll have to send Kittle and Shipp.

  8. #8
    Tundra's Avatar
    Posts
    2,840
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Indian Territory

    Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    Norvell's busy. We'll have to send Kittle and Shipp.
    Shit.
    Send Gundy.
    3 users like Tundra's post: ab5sr, S00NER14, StiffArmTrophy


  9. #9
    http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-high-sc...eams-6-aaaaaa/

    Georgia 6AAAAAA 2nd Team All Metro (Atlanta)

  10. #10
    SoonerRO's Avatar
    Posts
    8,396
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Must have... Dude is huge!

  11. #11
    Harvard and Yale offering means the kids not a grade risk and provably not character issue so sign him
    2 users like andymancan20's post: Sooner 4 Life, SoonerDan74012


  12. #12
    USAO....The board will shut down if this kid picks Buffalo or Georgia State...Get ready for it
    2 users like pillmanj's post: BoonesFarmSooner, sovasooner


  13. #13
    Originally Posted by andymancan20 View Post
    Harvard and Yale offering means the kids not a grade risk and provably not character issue so sign him
    The ivy league schools put linemen in the league. Those offers are no joke for football reasons too.

  14. #14
    I didn't think they're a joke just that this kid has talent and little baggage.
    The following users like this post: Sooner_117


  15. #15
    Ivy League schools don't give scholarships, so I wouldn't exactly say he has offers from Harvard and Yale.
    2 users like Jbaker's post: Acedawg98, StiffArmTrophy


  16. #16
    ab5sr's Avatar
    Posts
    5,129
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mia's hometown

    He'll probably sign with Stanford

  17. #17
    melbitoast's Avatar
    Posts
    5,226
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Just north of Hell

    ESPN recruiting article from this morning said that George held his own against Carl Lawson (5* DE) after he (George) was moved up to varsity last year due to an injury on the OL. That's enough to intrigue me and make me believe the kid has potential.
    2 users like melbitoast's post: nolesooner, oudidntknow84


  18. #18

    '13 OT George Adeosun- Offer

    Originally Posted by Jbaker View Post
    Ivy League schools don't give scholarships, so I wouldn't exactly say he has offers from Harvard and Yale.
    They still give offers to be on the team. There's just no scholly.

  19. #19
    got a 31 on his ACT and is student body president...we need more of these types of kids
    4 users like andymancan20's post: melbitoast, nolesooner, SoonerRO, soonirvana


  20. #20
    nlight1's Avatar
    Posts
    3,103
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    '13 OT George Adeosun- Offer

    Originally Posted by andymancan20 View Post
    got a 31 on his ACT and is student body president...we need more of these types of kids
    Amen very impressive.

  21. #21
    SoonerRO's Avatar
    Posts
    8,396
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Originally Posted by andymancan20 View Post
    got a 31 on his ACT and is student body president...we need more of these types of kids
    I agree, but just realized that maybe he is smart enough to not come to OU... FML

  22. #22
    Originally Posted by VRO405 View Post
    I agree, but just realized that maybe he is smart enough to not come to OU... FML
    What is the Rhodes Scholar stat that Boren always touts?

  23. #23
    http://www.ou.edu/publicaffairs/oufacts.html
    OU ranks No. 1 in the nation among all public universities in the number of National Merit Scholars enrolled.

    The Princeton Review ranks OU among the best in the nation in terms of academic excellence and cost for students.

    OU has achieved the Carnegie Foundation’s highest tier of research activity classification, the first time a public institution in Oklahoma has received this outstanding recognition.

    OU students achieved the highest graduation rate in state history for a public university – a record high of 67.8 percent for the freshman class that entered in 2005.

    An OU Debate Team from the Shannon Self Debate Program has won the national championship in debate four of the last six years.

    OU is a leader among all American universities in international exchange and study abroad programs. One in four OU students study abroad. OU currently offers programs in over 50 countries and 100 cities in six continents. Students from 120 countries are enrolled at OU.

    OU has produced 29 Rhodes Scholars; no other university in Oklahoma has had more than three.

    OU is the only comprehensive public university in the nation with Rhodes, Marshall and Mitchell scholarship recipients this year.

    Four OU students were selected recently to receive prestigious, national scholarships: two were named Goldwater Scholars for excellence in mathematics and science, one was awarded a Truman Scholarship based on his leadership potential, and another was awarded a Udall Scholarship, which recognizes undergraduates who demonstrate a commitment to careers related to the environment, Native American public policy or health care.

  24. #24

    '13 OT George Adeosun- Offer

    There's your stat.

    That said, with a 31 on the ACT, I doubt this kid qualified for NMS.

  25. #25
    SoonerDan74012's Avatar
    Posts
    8,241
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

    Originally Posted by andymancan20 View Post
    got a 31 on his ACT and is student body president...we need more of these types of kids
    Wow!

  26. #26
    Originally Posted by andymancan20 View Post
    http://www.ou.edu/publicaffairs/oufacts.html
    OU ranks No. 1 in the nation among all public universities in the number of National Merit Scholars enrolled.

    The Princeton Review ranks OU among the best in the nation in terms of academic excellence and cost for students.

    OU has achieved the Carnegie Foundation’s highest tier of research activity classification, the first time a public institution in Oklahoma has received this outstanding recognition.

    OU students achieved the highest graduation rate in state history for a public university – a record high of 67.8 percent for the freshman class that entered in 2005.

    An OU Debate Team from the Shannon Self Debate Program has won the national championship in debate four of the last six years.

    OU is a leader among all American universities in international exchange and study abroad programs. One in four OU students study abroad. OU currently offers programs in over 50 countries and 100 cities in six continents. Students from 120 countries are enrolled at OU.

    OU has produced 29 Rhodes Scholars; no other university in Oklahoma has had more than three.

    OU is the only comprehensive public university in the nation with Rhodes, Marshall and Mitchell scholarship recipients this year.

    Four OU students were selected recently to receive prestigious, national scholarships: two were named Goldwater Scholars for excellence in mathematics and science, one was awarded a Truman Scholarship based on his leadership potential, and another was awarded a Udall Scholarship, which recognizes undergraduates who demonstrate a commitment to careers related to the environment, Native American public policy or health care.
    Very impressive. I wonder how Harvard would reply and compare?

  27. #27
    Originally Posted by thequietone View Post
    Very impressive. I wonder how Harvard would reply and compare?
    Those stats are for a public university. Harvard, Yale, and others are private.

  28. #28
    61sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    2,110
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Palm Desert, CA

    If we sign this kid hopefully he turns out to similar to what Bill Bradley did for BB at Princeton or Ed Marinaro at Cornell or Sid Luckman at Columbia.
    The following users like this post: soonirvana


  29. #29
    Bob Przybylo @BPrzybylo
    #Sooners OT offer George Adeosun (@realwords) confirms he is taking #OU visit this weekend
    4 users like oudidntknow84's post: andymancan20, melbitoast, StiffArmTrophy, Vodnik


  30. #30
    RT @realwords: Oklahoma's weather for tomorrow is looking fantastic.
    2 users like usaosooner's post: andymancan20, SoonerRO


  31. #31
    We need to have Boren in the limo to pick him up and find the smartest hot chicks to give him a tour of the library and alum centers...I hope we get this kid
    The following users like this post: sovasooner


  32. #32
    Col.JimBeam's Avatar
    Posts
    358
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Rogers County

    Originally Posted by Jbaker View Post
    Ivy League schools don't give scholarships, so I wouldn't exactly say he has offers from Harvard and Yale.
    Ivy League schools give plenty of aid to the football players that qualify.
    The following users like this post: usaosooner


  33. #33
    Originally Posted by Col.JimBeam View Post
    Ivy League schools give plenty of aid to the football players that qualify.
    Yep/ Its promised Aid its basically a scholarship. Most of their football recruiting pages promote that fact.

  34. #34
    Originally Posted by Col.JimBeam View Post
    Ivy League schools give plenty of aid to the football players that qualify.
    Right, but only if it's need based. Anybody gets need-based aid at Ivies if you're accepted. It's just easier for athletes to get accepted.
    He's still not getting a full-ride there.

  35. #35
    Originally Posted by Jbaker View Post
    Right, but only if it's need based. Anybody gets need-based aid at Ivies if you're accepted. It's just easier for athletes to get accepted.
    He's still not getting a full-ride there.
    Ivy League schools have a four-tiered level of admittance for football that is primarily based on a combination of grades and test scores. Football is allowed to bring in a certain number of kids under each tier. Those kids that get admitted in tiers 3 & 4 would prpobably not have gotten in without football. Tier 2 would be on the cusp of competing with the bottom of the incoming freshman class, while tier 1 would probably have been admitted, even without football. Yale, Harvard & Princeton are required to take more tier-1 players (higher grades/score combination) than the other schools. All the Ivy League schools are need based for financial aid. The amount of aid is a sliding percentage based on the families income and net worth. Every student is looked at separately, regardless of athletic affiliation, and any financial need provided to an athlete is not dependent on whether that student continues to play a sport or not. Basically, if a kid is admitted and their family makes under $200k, there will be financial aid available.
    2 users like territorysooner's post: runningwithscissors, thurman murman


  36. #36
    ^ ^ ^
    That's a hell of a first post.

  37. #37
    Gabe Ikard, who was a Wuerffel Trophy finalist, Capital One Academic First Team All-American, and Academic All-Big 12 First Team, is his host for the weekend. Good to know we have our most cerebral player recruiting this kid. Hope we land him, though a degree from Harvard or Yale would be hard to turn down.
    2 users like 55-17beatdown2011's post: StiffArmTrophy, thurman murman

    Last edited by 55-17beatdown2011; January 26th, 2013 at 02:10 PM.

  38. #38
    Originally Posted by territorysooner View Post
    Ivy League schools have a four-tiered level of admittance for football that is primarily based on a combination of grades and test scores. Football is allowed to bring in a certain number of kids under each tier. Those kids that get admitted in tiers 3 & 4 would prpobably not have gotten in without football. Tier 2 would be on the cusp of competing with the bottom of the incoming freshman class, while tier 1 would probably have been admitted, even without football. Yale, Harvard & Princeton are required to take more tier-1 players (higher grades/score combination) than the other schools. All the Ivy League schools are need based for financial aid. The amount of aid is a sliding percentage based on the families income and net worth. Every student is looked at separately, regardless of athletic affiliation, and any financial need provided to an athlete is not dependent on whether that student continues to play a sport or not. Basically, if a kid is admitted and their family makes under $200k, there will be financial aid available.
    Thanks for the useful information. Always nice to have posters who know what they're talking about.

  39. #39
    SoonerRO's Avatar
    Posts
    8,396
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    So how is his visit coming along??

  40. #40
    Here's a tweet from him a little while ago.

    https://twitter.com/realwords/status/295189114897182720

    George Adeosun
    ‏@realwords
    The cows here in Norman are plotting something devious, I just know it...
    Reply Retweet Favorite More
    2
    RETWEETS
    5
    FAVORITES
    9:19 AM - 26 Jan 13

  41. #41
    Derrouse's Avatar
    Posts
    1,495
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    H-Town Texas

    '13 OT George Adeosun- Offer

    Originally Posted by psk2080 View Post
    Here's a tweet from him a little while ago.

    https://twitter.com/realwords/status/295189114897182720

    George Adeosun
    ‏@realwords
    The cows here in Norman are plotting something devious, I just know it...
    Reply Retweet Favorite More
    2
    RETWEETS
    5
    FAVORITES
    9:19 AM - 26 Jan 13
    Not sure how to interpret that one lol
    The following users like this post: SoonerRO


  42. #42
    From reading through his Twitter page he is obviously very bright (as if the 31 ACT didn't already confirm that). He seems to have a good sense of humor too. Hopefully he has a good time on his visit. At least he hasn't tweeted about getting ditched by his host.

  43. #43
    Missouri offered as well and Stanford may. If Stanford offers we're in trouble

  44. #44
    He's going to Stanford if offered he mentioned them as a dream school in an interview

  45. #45
    SoonerRO's Avatar
    Posts
    8,396
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Originally Posted by Derrouse View Post
    Not sure how to interpret that one lol
    My question is this, why in the hell is he anywhere near some cows??....

  46. #46
    Derrouse's Avatar
    Posts
    1,495
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    H-Town Texas

    '13 OT George Adeosun- Offer

    Originally Posted by VRO405 View Post
    My question is this, why in the hell is he anywhere near some cows??....
    Lol!! That's a great question

  47. #47
    Originally Posted by VRO405 View Post
    My question is this, why in the hell is he anywhere near some cows??....
    They took him to Stillwater so he could see how "the other half" live?
    The following users like this post: SoonerRO


  48. #48
    Mr. Pink's Avatar
    Posts
    1,035
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Orlando, FL

    Originally Posted by pillmanj View Post
    USAO....The board will shut down if this kid picks Buffalo or Georgia State...Get ready for it
    And I guarantee someone will resort to using the N word. Book it.

  49. #49
    Mr. Pink's Avatar
    Posts
    1,035
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Orlando, FL

    Originally Posted by territorysooner View Post
    Ivy League schools have a four-tiered level of admittance for football that is primarily based on a combination of grades and test scores. Football is allowed to bring in a certain number of kids under each tier. Those kids that get admitted in tiers 3 & 4 would prpobably not have gotten in without football. Tier 2 would be on the cusp of competing with the bottom of the incoming freshman class, while tier 1 would probably have been admitted, even without football. Yale, Harvard & Princeton are required to take more tier-1 players (higher grades/score combination) than the other schools. All the Ivy League schools are need based for financial aid. The amount of aid is a sliding percentage based on the families income and net worth. Every student is looked at separately, regardless of athletic affiliation, and any financial need provided to an athlete is not dependent on whether that student continues to play a sport or not. Basically, if a kid is admitted and their family makes under $200k, there will be financial aid available.
    Yeah, well, **** you, nerd.
    The following users like this post: party1234


  50. #50
    Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    Yeah, well, **** you, nerd.
    Guess you must be glad the mods don't require at least a GED or some other basic level of intelligence to be a member here. Congratulations for representing yourself so well. I'm sure your mother is really proud of you.

Similar Threads

  1. '15 OT - George Brown - Offer
    By Stoops'Visor in forum Recruiting
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: July 3rd, 2014, 11:20 PM
  2. George Carlin said it
    By Stinger_1066 in forum O'Connell's
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: January 22nd, 2014, 08:07 AM
  3. George Whitfield is...
    By Boomer6671 in forum Owen Field
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 23rd, 2012, 07:39 PM

Tags for this Thread