5-game losing streak coming up?

Posted 607 day(s) ago 2651 Views 65 Replies
Page 1 of 2 1 2

OU Hoops 5-game losing streak coming up?

Or is this team actually different?

01/26/13 at Kansas Lawrence, Kan. 3:00 p.m. CT
    01/30/13 at Baylor Waco, Texas 6:00 p.m. CT
    02/02/13 vs. Kansas State Norman 5:00 p.m. CT
    02/04/13 at Iowa State Ames, Iowa 6:00 p.m. CT
    02/09/13 vs. Kansas Norman 3:00 p.m. CT

Originally Posted by Written View Post
    Or is this team actually different?

01/26/13 at Kansas Lawrence, Kan. 3:00 p.m. CT
    01/30/13 at Baylor Waco, Texas 6:00 p.m. CT
    02/02/13 vs. Kansas State Norman 5:00 p.m. CT
    02/04/13 at Iowa State Ames, Iowa 6:00 p.m. CT
    02/09/13 vs. Kansas Norman 3:00 p.m. CT
    I'd love to go 2-3 in that stretch. Hopefully outplay and definitely out coach Baylor and be better this time with KSU. Not loving beating KU. The game in Ames will be a tough one but a good test.

we'll beat kstate
    we CAN beat ku in norman.....but i wouldn't bet on it...
    we CAN beat iowa st/baylor....but we will have to play a darned near perfect game to do it....
    i'll be thrilled with 2-3...
    The following users like this post: Sooner 4 Life

KSU at home we need to win. Iowa State is a road game we can probably get... they just laid an egg and lost @ TTech. I think we will have a really tough time with KU and Baylor due to their size inside and their athletes.
    I think 1-4 is likely.

Originally Posted by Boognish View Post
    KSU at home we need to win. Iowa State is a road game we can probably get... they just laid an egg and lost @ TTech. I think we will have a really tough time with KU and Baylor due to their size inside and their athletes.
    I think 1-4 is likely.

i think we have a better chance of beating ku in norman than iowa st in ames.......all we need is a really good crowd

i'll take 2/5 and be happy.

Re: 5-game losing streak coming up?

Ksu at home and either at Baylor or ISU. Anything better than that would be awesome!

1-4. Sadly. Maybe 0-5.

This is was a great thread. (Not sarcasm)

Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    i think we have a better chance of beating ku in norman than iowa st in ames.......all we need is a really good crowd
    KU has beaten OU the last 9 times they've played, and are 17-4 against OU since joining the Big XII. They currently have only one loss and are #3 in the nation currently. I want what you're smoking.

KU has beaten OU the last 9 times they've played, and are 17-4 against OU since joining the Big XII. They currently have only one loss and are #3 in the nation currently. I want what you're smoking.
    I was at the last win we had against KU. They scored the first four points and then Johnnie Gilbert had a badass two-handed dunk and it was all Sooners from that point on. And after that game, it was all Jayhawks from then until right now. I don't see us pulling that one off, but I've been wrong many times before.

I think we can at least win 1 of the 5 and maybe 2. I would take 2 out of the 5 and be very happy.

I definitely think we have a chance vs KU at home. They were a better team last year and we were much worse yet we were leading at half and just didn't have the legs to keep going. I wouldnt bet anything on it but I think there is a chance.

1-4 is most likely. 2-3 is possible. 0-5 is also quite possible.

I think we can beat the purple aggies at home and maybe get Baylor because of their poor coaching (we should have beaten them at Baylor last year). I predicted 1-4 in this stretch and stand by it.

I'd be okay with only 1 win and 2 wins would be great. Hopefully the team wont let this rough stretch get them down because they can DO WORK after it before the Big 12 tourny.
    2 users like Boomer.....'s post: KCRuf/Nek, Slappyslapopolus

Originally Posted by Mahler View Post
    I think we can beat the purple aggies at home and maybe get Baylor because of their poor coaching (we should have beaten them at Baylor last year). I predicted 1-4 in this stretch and stand by it.

in the "how will we finish in the big 12" thread....i picked us to beat kstate and ku in norman.....and baylor in waco simply because kruger is 10x the coach scott drew is.....

in the "how will we finish in the big 12" thread....i picked us to beat kstate and ku in norman.....and baylor in waco simply because kruger is 10x the coach scott drew is.....
    I don't understand why people think Scott Drew is not a good coach. Last year he took Baylor to the elite 8, and he has a lot of talent wanting to play there. If he was at OU would you think he's a bad coach?

I don't understand why people think Scott Drew is not a good coach. Last year he took Baylor to the elite 8, and he has a lot of talent wanting to play there. If he was at OU would you think he's a bad coach?
    On the other end of that, imagine what Kruger would be doing at Baylor right now, with the current players...

Now get excited that Kruger will probably have that type of program in the next 2-3 years.

i think drew is similar to barnes........they need superior talent to win......they're just not good coaches.....
    equal talent and kruger would win 8 or 9 outta 10

5-0 bc **** it
    2 users like markbradleyfanboy's post: smot poker, StiffArmTrophy

i think drew is similar to barnes........they need superior talent to win......they're just not good coaches.....
    Last week you were arguing that Kruger is such a better coach than Weber, and we would beat KSU. He would have a national title if his Illinois team didn't run into a stacked up UNC team, and has KSU picking up right where Martin left them. KSU beat us, like they should, and they played a really good game against KU.
    Barnes has been to the elite 8 twice and a final 4.
    I think Barnes, Drew, Kruger, Weber, Self have all proven to be good coaches. If you want to argue someone who has done little with his talent, I'd say short stack up in Stillwater hasn't proven much.

Last week you were arguing that Kruger is such a better coach than Weber, and we would beat KSU. He would have a national title if his Illinois team didn't run into a stacked up UNC team, and has KSU picking up right where Martin left them. KSU beat us, like they should, and they played a really good game against KU.
    Barnes has been to the elite 8 twice and a final 4.
    I think Barnes, Drew, Kruger, Weber, Self have all proven to be good coaches. If you want to argue someone who has done little with his talent, I'd say short stack up in Stillwater hasn't proven much.
    i think you're confusing me with someone else....
    i never said we would beat kstate....and i never compared kruger to weber or any of that stuff....
    yes...barnes has been to a final 4......but he's done it with nba talent

i think you're confusing me with someone else....
    i never said we would beat kstate....and i never compared kruger to weber or any of that stuff....
    Oh my bad... thought that was you.

I'd say there's something to be said about getting NBA talent to come to your school, and probably 90% of final 4 teams have NBA talent.
    His 03 team had TJ Ford and Royal Ivey, I think they're the only ones who got to the nba. Its not like they were a stacked Duke team or something.

I'd say there's something to be said about getting NBA talent to come to your school, and probably 90% of final 4 teams have NBA talent.
    His 03 team had TJ Ford and Royal Ivey, I think they're the only ones who got to the nba. Its not like they were a stacked Duke team or something.
    from 98-2002....kelvin was 9-2 against barnes....

since 2003 ...8 whorn players have been drafted
    Last edited by 87sooner; January 25th, 2013 at 09:37 PM.

Originally Posted by markbradleyfanboy View Post
    5-0 bc **** it
    Thank you!!

The rest of you suck as sunshine pumpers.

Potentially 0-5 or 4-1.

Drew is a better coach than Barnes...slightly. Drew isn't a great x's and o'x coach, but Drew has some intangibles that Barnes lacks. Of the two, I'd much rather have Drew...he does more with his talent than Barnes does and the results clearly show that.

Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    Drew is a better coach than Barnes...slightly. Drew isn't a great x's and o'x coach, but Drew has some intangibles that Barnes lacks. Of the two, I'd much rather have Drew...he does more with his talent than Barnes does and the results clearly show that.
    No.

Really, Kuzy?
    "It made me work hard and get to wear I am today.”

LOL

Those were OU's best years... and I know there's been guys drafted since then. I just brought up the '03 team because that was their final 4 team.
    Ford was great, and was POY. Ivey was good, but I'm not sure he even got drafted and its not like he ever did much in the NBA but he did stick around a long time, and there's something to be said of that.

1-1 and looking good...
    i said i'd be thrilled with 2-3......not anymore....
    i'll be happy with 3-2.....thrilled with 4-1

Big win. 2-3 would be solid, but now I'm greedy... I want 3-2.

Great job by the team to not completely shit on themselves after blowing that lead. It was ugly in the end but they held on, which wouldn't have been the case last year.

Don't doubt that they can't get that 3-2. I really think they can beat K-State at home. Can they go to Ames and beat ISU? I'm not too sure, but after the resiliency of these guys I could see them winning that too. Kansas will be the toughest, but I think it'll be interesting to see how they will play at home. Maybe if OU can win these next two and a good crowd can come out to support them, then OU may be able to pull out a win. (I'm an optimist what can I say?) If they can get out with 2 wins out of the next 3...I will be more than happy. (Ecstatic if OU can get all 3)

Kruger is not as good as Kelvin sadly.

Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    Kruger is not as good as Kelvin sadly.
    i disagree...
    i think his coaching is just as good..
    i think his recruiting has already been proven to be better....

i disagree...
    While I think the jury is still out (maybe a little) I'm leaning more and more towards this. Kelvin was a great coach, but his recruiting lacked in my opinion.

Originally Posted by Wailer View Post
    While I think the jury is still out (maybe a little) I'm leaning more and more towards this. Kelvin was a great coach, but his recruiting lacked in my opinion.
    well we know lon is a great coach.....after this year.....he will be the only coach in history to take 5 teams to the ncaa tournament .....not to mention his 500+ career wins...

wrt his recruiting.....i think hield/hornbeak/mbaye/woodard will prove to be as good or better than most of kelvin's best recruits......and he's only been here two years...
    give lon time and a winning season or two and i think he can start attracting even better talent......
    The following users like this post: Wailer

Has Lon been anywhere where he has had elite talent? I'm not arguing just asking. Were Mitch Richmond and those guys at KSU back in the day his recruits? I guess my point is, while he's been successful everywhere and is obviously a great coach, I'm not sure he can recruit elite talent to get him (and us) over the hump.
    That being said, I'm very happy he's here and love what's going on.

Originally Posted by Wailer View Post
    Has Lon been anywhere where he has had elite talent? I'm not arguing just asking. Were Mitch Richmond and those guys at KSU back in the day his recruits? I guess my point is, while he's been successful everywhere and is obviously a great coach, I'm not sure he can recruit elite talent to get him (and us) over the hump.
    That being said, I'm very happy he's here and love what's going on.
    i don't know if lon recruited richmond or not...i'd have to look it up...
    i think he recruited a couple of nba guys while he was at illinois...
    not sure who he had at florida...
    hopefully he can land a guy like randle....that could really get things rolling....

the best part about kruger.....i really like the character of the guys he's bringing in....
    seems like kelvin always had to boot at least one player a year....

i don't know if lon recruited richmond or not...i'd have to look it up...
    i think he recruited a couple of nba guys while he was at illinois...
    not sure who he had at florida...
    hopefully he can land a guy like randle....that could really get things rolling....

the best part about kruger.....i really like the character of the guys he's bringing in....
    seems like kelvin always had to boot at least one player a year..

completely agree here. Also I looked it up and Richmond was a juco and by the looks of the timing Lon would've recruited him. They had a few other really good players on that team if I remember it correctly.

i disagree...
    If that were true, don't you think it would translate into more wins?

Outside of Ryan Minor, who on the 96 squad would start today?

Here are Kelvin's first two combined recruiting classes....please try to keep from laughing as you attempt to say Lon's recruiting is better.

Michael Cotton
    Nate Erdmann
    Bobby Joe Evans
    Alex Rideout
    Corey Brewer
    Tim Heskett
    Lou Moore
    Eduardo Najera
    Renzi Stone.

Here are Kelvin's first two combined recruiting classes....please try to keep from laughing as you attempt to say Lon's recruiting is better.

Michael Cotton
    Nate Erdmann
    Bobby Joe Evans
    Alex Rideout
    Corey Brewer
    Tim Heskett
    Lou Moore
    Eduardo Najera
    Renzi Stone.
    Why don't we let these guys get their 4 years before we decide who recruited the better players?
    Renzi, Najera, and Heskett didn't put up any better numbers than Hield, Hornbeak, and Cousins are as freshmen. And M'Baye could end up being similar in talent to Brewer when all is said and done.

Originally Posted by Jbaker View Post
    Why don't we let these guys get their 4 years before we decide who recruited the better players?
    Renzi, Najera, and Heskett didn't put up any better numbers than Hield, Hornbeak, and Cousins are as freshmen. And M'Baye could end up being similar in talent to Brewer when all is said and done.
    Might be a good idea....
    Especially before spouting something like, "i think his recruiting has already proven to be better...."

Michael Cotton
    Nate Erdmann
    Bobby Joe Evans
    Alex Rideout
    Corey Brewer
    Tim Heskett
    Lou Moore
    Eduardo Najera
    Renzi Stone.
    lon's recruiting is better....

lon's recruiting is better....
    You're an idiot.

Here's a bet for you.

I have fifty dollars that says no one that Lon bagged in his first two classes scores more points in their career than Corey Brewer(a guy they was only here two years)

He totaled 1211 points in two years.

You're an idiot.

Here's a bet for you.

I have fifty dollars that says no one that Lon bagged in his first two classes scores more points in their career than Corey Brewer(a guy they was only here two years)
    yeah...i'm the idiot....picking out one player and his point total to prove your point.....that's not idiotic at all....
    hmmmm.....i guess capel must have been a damn good recruiter (and better than kelvin).....based on your criteria...
    are you related to suncoast?