'14 RB Joe Mixon -Verbal!

Posted 574 day(s) ago 135577 Views 1355 Replies
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 11

Recruitment '14 RB Joe Mixon -Verbal!

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...e-Mixon-140929

6'0 180 Offers Michigan,Cal,Washington,Arizona,Arizona State
    Rivals 4 Star

@BrandonHuffman
    Mixon said in the fall his favorite running back is Adrian Peterson. Peterson's alma mater becomes the 11th school to offer the Scout 300 RB
    2 users like usaosooner's post: melbitoast, Vodnik

How does this offer affect the Starks kid from Bishop Gorman?

Originally Posted by VRO405 View Post
    We are taking 2 RBs in 2014. Starks still loves us. If the kids aren't afraid to compete they'll come together. I'll take either or, but we will be taking 2 RBs next year
    The following users like this post: VRO405

Starks and mixon and ford and Ross is an insane stable
    2 users like andymancan20's post: Sooner 76, Tundra

Originally Posted by VRO405 View Post
    I would hope most HS RB recruits know that schools will recruit and have several RB's on the team.

This kid is a stud and will be recruited by everyone. I really like Starks and would love to get both. In recruiting, you can't assume anything (manning) and its not over till they sign. Gundy is a great recruiter and RB is one position I haven't been worried about cuz he gets it done.

The kid looks good. Reminds me a little bit of Clay. He runs a little more upright than clay does though. Looks like he would have a bit more power than Clay as well.

Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    This kid is a stud and will be recruited by everyone. I really like Starks and would love to get both. In recruiting, you can't assume anything (manning) and its not over till they sign. Gundy is a great recruiter and RB is one position I haven't been worried about cuz he gets it done.
    This. I would wager money we get one or the other and wouldnt be surprised if we get both. Either way we are fine at the position and will continue to be.

do you think we take 3 backs and the 3rd one being a bigger back such as around 6'2 220-230 and fill Millards role with him

Runs and looks a lot like Brennan Clay, and that's not a bad thing.

Originally Posted by Boomer60 View Post
    do you think we take 3 backs and the 3rd one being a bigger back such as around 6'2 220-230 and fill Millards role with him
    I could definitely see it. If Michael Farmer is willing to be a FB he would be a good option. Our WR commit for 2014 has a twin brother that could do it after bulking up for a couple of years. Those are the only FB for 2014 I can think of off the top my head. More names will come up though.

Originally Posted by drspencer View Post
    The kid looks good. Reminds me a little bit of Clay. He runs a little more upright than clay does though. Looks like he would have a bit more power than Clay as well.
    But I do hope he is faster than Clay though

GoldenStatePreps.com‏@GoldenStatePrep
    Joe Mixon named @PassingDown Elite 7on7 CenCal MVP
    He also played WR and DB
    GoldenStatePreps.com‏@GoldenStatePrep
    Joe Mixon just made a ridiculous 1-hand grab between 2 defenders
    The following users like this post: usaosooner

Oklahoma Sooners: "I like Oklahoma a lot. My favorite NFL running back went there, Adrian Peterson. Coach Gundy he's a very good guy and he basically was breaking it down to me… They only got four running backs right now and they're getting older. He said he'd love for me to become an Oklahoma Sooner and he said that I'm his number one target for the class of 2014."

http://collegelevelathletes.com/spor...4-running-back

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    Oklahoma Sooners: "I like Oklahoma a lot. My favorite NFL running back went there, Adrian Peterson. Coach Gundy he's a very good guy and he basically was breaking it down to me… They only got four running backs right now and they're getting older. He said he'd love for me to become an Oklahoma Sooner and he said that I'm his number one target for the class of 2014."

http://collegelevelathletes.com/spor...4-running-back
    Rrrrreeeeaaaally? Has something changed with Starks?

Well after reading that little quip, I'd say he's a lot higher on us than I realized. He gave pretty generic answers for most schools, but his responses to Tennessee (though a bit delusional), Michigan, Washington, and OU seemed different; more specific and enthusiastic.

Originally Posted by melbitoast View Post
    Rrrrreeeeaaaally? Has something changed with Starks?

Well after reading that little quip, I'd say he's a lot higher on us than I realized. He gave pretty generic answers for most schools, but his responses to Tennessee (though a bit delusional), Michigan, Washington, and OU seemed different; more specific and enthusiastic.
    That's a good question. I haven't heard anything on Starks since Bama came into the picture.

I think OU can basically tell RBs and WRs you may want to pick us because we have plenty of great choices and it'll be 1st come, 1st accepted.
    We don't need to kiss anybody ass to have great pickups in these areas. No sucking **** like OU did with linemen like the kid who went to A & M this year. OU has been degrading itself in it's pursuit of some these knuckleheads in the past couple of years to the point of embarrassment.

We'll get a official visit alongside maybe Georgia or Wisconsin. Gonna be tough to beat out the West Coast though (USC,Washington,CAL)

He just dominated another 7 on 7 camp yesterday

https://t.co/IImSVGwBzF

@_UnderTheRadar_ 10h
    Joe Mixon (Oakley, CA) is the Lebron of 7v7 here at PassingDown Best of The West Tournament.

@LJ_Reyna: Joe Mixon going off again. 2 TD's and a nice one hand grab near end zone

Noticed the talk on Starks has died of late.

The schools he's most interested in as of now are us, Georgia and Wisconsin, he fully intends to use all trips though

Go get him Gundy

Joe is highly coveting a offer from Alabama, LSU and Oregon. More than likely he will wind up at USC!

I hope we get this kid.

Got his fifth star

He'll take official visits to Oklahoma, Georgia and Wisconsin for sure
    The following users like this post: oudidntknow84

I love this kids running style.

Mississippi Sooner, you seemed confident this kid would end up at USC... Still feel this way?

How is OU with this kid? i'm wanting him more than Starks.

^ Still in the top group with Georgia, Wisconsin

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    Still in the top group with Georgia
    Georgia already has one 5* RB committed so it's interesting that they are one of his leaders.

He will take all 5 visits, takes official OU visit during TCU game weekend.

@Joe_MainMixon
    I'm letting it be known right now me @ItsQuicker @dmama75 @jamardreB and many more is having a huge package deal of the same college!

If this is true I can't say I like our chances.
    The following users like this post: OnlyOne

Originally Posted by Stoops'Visor View Post
    @Joe_MainMixon
    I'm letting it be known right now me @ItsQuicker @dmama75 @jamardreB and many more is having a huge package deal of the same college!

If this is true I can't say I like our chances.
    Actually, this sounds extremely promising considering Micah Quick is an OU lean.

Hatari and LJ Moore need to put in some work on their west coast friends

Originally Posted by Ostrich View Post
    Hatari and LJ Moore need to put in some work on their west coast friends
    It helps when Hatari, LJ, and Micah are all really close friends.

Originally Posted by SoonerDan74012 View Post
    Actually, this sounds extremely promising considering Micah Quick is an OU lean.
    Maybe but for some reason I think it will be USC.
    The following users like this post: melbitoast

Originally Posted by SoonerDan74012 View Post
    You must have missed the part about him being excited about WR. That's not exactly where we're recruiting him...

#trytokeepup :-)

You must have missed the part about him being excited about WR. That's not exactly where we're recruiting him...

#trytokeepup :-)
    Exactly. Although I'd think scholarship limits might play a factor for them, USC has to be the favorite is these guys try to actually pull this off.

Not likely all those guys end up at the same school. Even less likely at OU. Rarely does the "package deal" happen and that's with only 2 players. I'm guessing it was tweeted in jest. Of course we know once its tweeted, it must be true.

One thing to remember about twitter: kids tweet what they are feeling at that very moment and their feelings change all the time.

Not likely all those guys end up at the same school. Even less likely at OU. Rarely does the "package deal" happen and that's with only 2 players. I'm guessing it was tweeted in jest. Of course we know once its tweeted, it must be true.

One thing to remember about twitter: kids tweet what they are feeling at that very moment and their feelings change all the time.
    I really hope these guys end up as a package deal to OU, but I agree with you. They probably just got to talking this past weekend in Chicago and decided this, but so much can and will change between now and signing day.

Colorado won a ship because a group of kids decided to become a package deal. It happens. Not likely tho.

Originally Posted by Pguthrie View Post
    Colorado won a ship because a group of kids decided to become a package deal. It happens. Not likely tho.
    I'm not saying it never happens. It's just unlikely. Also,with social media, a kid tweets about every thought he has, when he has them and those thought and feelings change every day. Having said that, if all those guys did come to OU, I would dance a jig. Or something.

@Joe_MainMixon 2m
    I can't wait till I take my official visits to Oklahoma and Georgia!
    8 users like usaosooner's post: andymancan20, cscsooner, melbitoast, nolesooner, Onikuno, oorah_okie, Ostrich, OU812

Originally Posted by Boomer60 View Post
    Yes....we are going to take 2 RBs and one FB that will fill the role of Millard. Igbo...or something like that is his name.

Originally Posted by nolesooner View Post
    Yes....we are going to take 2 RBs and one FB that will fill the role of Millard. Igbo...or something like that is his name.
    Samaje Perine? He's about ....6'2 by 220.

Originally Posted by NickDangerThirdEye View Post
    Samaje Perine? He's about ....6'2 by 220.
    I think he is around 5'9" or there abouts 195lb

Originally Posted by really View Post
    Well he may not be 6'2, but he sure as hell is every bit of 205-215lb. You need to go look at his pic with Brennan Clay at the Spring Game.

Oh geez, just realized you're another trolling A&M douche.
    The following users like this post: Cabbage_town_kid

Originally Posted by really View Post
    How many accounts does teletubbie have?

Well he may not be 6'2, but he sure as hell is every bit of 205-215lb. You need to go look at his pic with Brennan Clay at the Spring Game.

Oh geez, just realized you're another trolling A&M douche.
    Samaje Perine weighs 230 pounds. He may not look it, but trust me he is. A lot of weight in those legs

Originally Posted by okielover1988 View Post
    Samaje Perine weighs 230 pounds. He may not look it, but trust me he is. A lot of weight in those legs
    Was tryin to give the troll a little leeway, that's all. I've heard he's like 232 or some wild shit.

Was tryin to give the troll a little leeway, that's all. I've heard he's like 232 or some wild shit.
    The guy is a damn tank. Lol