Drew Allen is gone

Posted 551 day(s) ago by huntinsooner6454 Views 78 Replies
Page 2 of 2 1 2
    vCash

I wish him the best of luck. If he graduates in May he is not transferring his academic eligibility but his NCAA playing time eligibility. He could go into a graduate program somewhere and play a year of football. Hope he can get the playing time. It will likely be a school that has the graduate program he wants. Waiting to see where.

I'd be a bit surprised if it was Indiana. They led the Big 10 in passing YPG by a large margin last year & all 3 QB's who contributed to that are back.

Sorry if I missed this, but does his status as a graduate exempt him from the rule that a player normally has to sit out one (1) year when transferring to another Division 1 school? I thought our players could only get immediate playing time if they went to a JUCO or D-II school, hence a lower division.

Well if he does leave, best wishes for him.

He ought to tranfer to Texas A&M. Might cause a few Soooner fans to say Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

vCash

When is Finch announcing his transfer?

Originally Posted by drspencer View Post
    Doesn't look like he is offically leaving yet. Looks like he just wants to look at his options.
    Well dammit... we've already found several good places for him to go!
    The following users like this post: boomermagic

Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    When is Finch announcing his transfer?
    He can't find the paperwork... and doesn't know where the transfer meeting is.
    The following users like this post: bushmaster06

vCash

Originally Posted by BAMFSooner View Post
    Sorry if I missed this, but does his status as a graduate exempt him from the rule that a player normally has to sit out one (1) year when transferring to another Division 1 school? I thought our players could only get immediate playing time if they went to a JUCO or D-II school, hence a lower division.
    If he can find a school that offers a graduate program that OU doesn't offer and he has graduated, then he can transfer to that school's graduate program and not have to sit out for a year. Think Russel Wilson, when he transferred from NC State to Wisconsin.
    The following users like this post: BAMFSooner

vCash

Drew Allen is gone

Thanks for all you've done for the program Drew. Give em hell!

vCash

I'm sure half of D-1 would love to have him.

vCash

He should go to K-State
    3 users like barlowd's post: ab5sr, boomermagic, HudBannon

vCash

After Bell throws 3 int's, fumbles twice and we lose to UL Monroe people will ask if Drew can transfer back!

vCash

Once a Sooner, always a Sooner. Proud of him, wish him the best of luck whatever he chooses to do.....unless he goes to Texas. Then I will have to not like him.

Am hoping he stays, puts on 20 pounds during the offseason, and can run the Drewdozer in 2013 so that we can retire the Belldozer.

Re: Drew Allen is gone

Originally Posted by barlowd View Post
    He should go to K-State
    He'd fit in well in that offense

Originally Posted by gosooner2 View Post
    After Bell throws 3 int's, fumbles twice and we lose to UL Monroe people will ask if Drew can transfer back!
    That game scares the hell out of me. Having TCU flashbacks

vCash

Wouldn't he still be scholarship til June so any extra scholly would not be available til then? Or is this where oversigning comes into play?

Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    Wouldn't he still be scholarship til June so any extra scholly would not be available til then? Or is this where oversigning comes into play?
    But most of the freshmen recruits don't start classes until June.

This sucks. He is not even going to try and win the job in the Spring? I assume OU is going to be installing the QB read option game, so that means the QB will be taking more hits, therefore quality experienced QB depth is essential. Remember what happened to Colt McCoy.

vCash

Originally Posted by Dr Sleep View Post
    This sucks. He is not even going to try and win the job in the Spring? I assume OU is going to be installing the QB read option game, so that means the QB will be taking more hits, therefore quality experienced QB depth is essential. Remember what happened to Colt McCoy.
    Who knows what he's been told behind closed doors. If he's been told he's the clear-cut #3 then he'd be stupid to stay.

Originally Posted by Sooner 4 Life View Post
    That game scares the hell out of me. Having TCU flashbacks
    It's a good thing that OU isn't breaking in a redshirt freshman QB throwing behind an inexperienced offensive line and throwing to an inexperienced receiving corps and that UL-Monroe isn't near as good as that 2005 TCU game, but I see your point. Well, not really.
    The following users like this post: Sooner 4 Life

vCash

Originally Posted by Sooner 4 Life View Post
    He'd fit in well in that offense
    Not sure if sarcasm but I will say this...Snyder would fit an offense to let his players succeed.

vCash
    The gray place between expectations and reality.

Originally Posted by Saul Good View Post
    You serious, Clark? Tom Brady played quite a bit more than "barely." Those of us who actually watched Michigan play then would see him march the Wolverines up and down the field quite frequently.
    You beat me to it.

Brady was a starter at Michigan for two years, going 20-5 as a starter, won a share of the Big 10 title and beat Alabama in the Orange Bowl.

Originally Posted by zcaa0g View Post
    It's a good thing that OU isn't breaking in a redshirt freshman QB throwing behind an inexperienced offensive line and throwing to an inexperienced receiving corps and that UL-Monroe isn't near as good as that 2005 TCU game, but I see your point. Well, not really.
    You're right we never lose to inferior teams. And we always look ready to play our first game of the year.

Originally Posted by Dr Sleep View Post
    Not being a smartass, but why would you assume that? Even if Stoops decided to go in that direction, I am not convinced it would be all that successful. We don't need a programmed QB run game that defenses can prepare for, read options are not that difficult to defend. What we need is a QB that can throw really well and just haul ass spontaneously when the pass isn't there, you know, like that shit bird from aTm, you simply can't prepare for that.

The read option is still a known quantity for the defense, especially if the QB isn't a superstar athlete. And given the vanilla propensity of this coaching staff the read option would consist of two plays, I'ma runnin' left and I may or may not hand it off, and, I'ma runnin' right and I may or may not hand it off.

vCash

Gotta be honest...I'd laugh if he went to SMU and bumped Gilbert as the starter.
    2 users like azwe's post: lauderdaleOU, SilksKS

vCash

Originally Posted by eightisgreat View Post
    Not being a smartass, but why would you assume that? Even if Stoops decided to go in that direction, I am not convinced it would be all that successful. We don't need a programmed QB run game that defenses can prepare for, read options are not that difficult to defend. What we need is a QB that can throw really well and just haul ass spontaneously when the pass isn't there, you know, like that shit bird from aTm, you simply can't prepare for that.

The read option is still a known quantity for the defense, especially if the QB isn't a superstar athlete. And given the vanilla propensity of this coaching staff the read option would consist of two plays, I'ma runnin' left and I may or may not hand it off, and, I'ma runnin' right and I may or may not hand it off.
    Would a read option PLAY run 3-4 times a game be acceptable? I would think that would be the extent of it unless Bell turned out to be ineffective as a passer.

vCash

He should go play WR at Michigan St
    The following users like this post: Yatahaze