Stoops on KREF right now

Posted 696 day(s) ago 3984 Views 50 Replies
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Stoops Stoops on KREF right now

Stoops is live right now with Hale. Addressing TJ rumors.
    http://sportstalk1400.com/listen-live/

Originally Posted by drspencer View Post
    Stoops is live right now with Hale. Addressing TJ rumors.
    http://sportstalk1400.com/listen-live/
    Missed it. What did he say?

Originally Posted by IndySooner View Post
    Missed it. What did he say?
    "if it didn't come out of Norman,it's not true,unless you heard it from Vodnik or USAOSOONER.And no questions about Mcrib,she's off limits."
    The following users like this post: oucub23

Crap i missed it too....would love to hear a report on what he said

apparently nobody heard anything.

"The rumors about Tony are false, but I tell you what we need is a nicer press box"
    2 users like soonerson's post: Lehmanfan, Nuked

Here's a quick run down.
    Talked about recruiting.
    STOOPS: "I feel really good about guys that are committed. It's been really positive. We have a lot of good players in areas we need them."
    and he went on to say something to the effect of the guys they are closing in on they feel really good about. Hopefully he is right.

Talked about Jefferson
    STOOPS: "You never know where things begin. It makes no sense for us to not back our kids. We want to brag on where Tony (Jefferson) went."
    Also said that Scouts come and watch workouts and practice. The coaches don't need to say anything about working hard or not practicing well. The scouts see the kids enough to know that stuff on their own.

Talked a little bit about the season. He thought the team did well at times and others not so much and those things need to get better. Talked about Colvin and how he thought he had a good chance to make a run at the Thorpe award next year.
    The following users like this post: Dr Sleep

Last edited by drspencer; January 25th, 2013 at 03:19 PM.

Here's a quick run down.
    Talked about recruiting. and he went on to say something to the effect of they are closing in on guys that they feel really good about. Hopefully he is right.

Talked about Jefferson Also said that Scouts come and watch workouts and practice. The coaches don't need to say anything about working hard or not practicing well. The scouts see the kids enough to know that stuff on their own.

Talked a little bit about the season. He thought the team did well at times and others not so much and those things need to get better. Talked about Colvin and how he thought he had a good chance to make a run at the Thorpe award next year.
    Did he say we have a chance to tie for the big 12 again ?
    5 users like boomermagic's post: Fahooglegods, madillsoonerfan5353, OU Sam, SilksKS, SoCaliSooner

Here's a quick run down.
    Talked about recruiting. and he went on to say something to the effect of they are closing in on guys that they feel really good about. Hopefully he is right.

Talked about Jefferson Also said that Scouts come and watch workouts and practice. The coaches don't need to say anything about working hard or not practicing well. The scouts see the kids enough to know that stuff on their own.

Talk talk talk, Bob. We've heard it all before. Let's see results on the field.
    The following users like this post: boomermagic

Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    not necessary, as long as the status quo remains we will see the same product on the field every year

It's not bad, it's good results but not elite. Maybe we should lower our expectations so we aren't disappointed every year...

Stoops on KREF right now

Colvin for the Thorpe. I like that.

Stoops on KREF right now

I never thought he would actually talk in an interview. I'm floored!!
    The following users like this post: DirtySouth_Sooner

its a radio interview ... what the **** did you think he would do? damn you're bright.
    4 users like DirtySouth_Sooner's post: BoN, freedombird, Sooner209, tennsooner

Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    Maybe we should lower our expectations so we aren't disappointed every year...
    I did this after the 2011 season, so this year's Big XII title "tie" actually exceeded my pre-season expectations.

Originally Posted by boomermagic View Post
    Did he say we have a chance to tie for the big 12 again ?
    Your shit gets old

Originally Posted by greenfacedman View Post
    "if it didn't come out of Norman,it's not true,unless you heard it from Vodnik or USAOSOONER.And no questions about Mcrib,she's off limits."
    Damn right is off limits here and everywhere else. She's my girl now.

not necessary, as long as the status quo remains we will see the same product on the field every year

It's not bad, it's good results but not elite. Maybe we should lower our expectations so we aren't disappointed every year...
    Your not happy?? I am shocked!!

You gotta be shitting me ?

Originally Posted by barlowd View Post
    Your shit gets old
    Don't read.. or just put me on ignore.. You know, Like you have the coaching problems..
    The following users like this post: Sooner 4 Life

Already done.
    The following users like this post: Clark W. Griswold

Originally Posted by DirtySouth_Sooner View Post
    its a radio interview ... what the **** did you think he would do? damn you're bright.
    You're too retarded to live.

What I was saying, is that he says the same thing every off season and yet every season we're treated to lackluster performances against teams we should roll, and inexplicable losses to teams we should beat. How many times have we heard him say that it's about time we should win another national title?

Yeah, I know it's a radio interview. I'm just sick of all his rhetoric but no results on the field. He can talk till he's blue in the face, but I'd rather see results on the field and in the post season.

But I wouldn't expect you to discern any of that as you take things way too literal.

Shit's gettin' real cray cray up in this joint!

What I was saying, is that he says the same thing every off season and yet every season we're treated to lackluster performances against teams we should roll, and inexplicable losses to teams we should beat. How many times have we heard him say that it's about time we should win another national title?

Yeah, I know it's a radio interview. I'm just sick of all his rhetoric but no results on the field. He can talk till he's blue in the face, but I'd rather see results on the field and in the post season.

But I wouldn't expect you to discern any of that as you take things way too literal.
    So... No more radio interviews until we win another National Championship... ?

Maybe he should just come out and say..."it's going to be another 9-4/10-3 season, most of the OLine is injured and our defense still sucks balls.Oh,I just gave all of the assistants a 5K raise and built a small place right behind the Switzer Center and just had my indoor Olympic-sized pool surrounded with Italian/Tuscan ceramic tile laid by Marion-Mudcat-Kincaid and his pal Jessie.Next question?"

Here is what to expect next year..

Notre Dame beats you
    Texas beats you
    WVU beats you
    TCU beats you
    Ok State beats you

You finish 8-5 in the basement. Remember boys you are breaking in a new QB this year. Take a look at how teams do when breaking in new qb's. Thats the truth and thats what Stoops should have said.

Was James making slurping sounds?
    The following users like this post: Sooner 4 Life

Stoops on KREF right now

Originally Posted by jimmyd View Post

Notre Dame beats you
    Texas beats you
    WVU beats you
    TCU beats you
    Ok State beats you

You finish 8-5 in the basement. Remember boys you are breaking in a new QB this year. Take a look at how teams do when breaking in new qb's. Thats the truth and thats what Stoops should have said.
    Certainly not my expectations.

Notre Dame beats you
    Texas beats you
    WVU beats you
    TCU beats you
    Ok State beats you

How did the new QB work out for aTm, jackass?

Originally Posted by Houston Sooner View Post
    Your not happy?? I am shocked!!
    STFU you Aggie , you're not on this site b/c you're a Sooner fan and answer the question I've asked you several times yet you keep deflecting

why are you here?

Originally Posted by boomermagic View Post
    You gotta be shitting me ?
    dammit, who put a question mark on the teleprompter?
    5 users like greensooner's post: boomermagic, D-Town Sooner, OU812, Soonerpsycho, sovasooner

Stoops on KREF right now

Let's look at Stoops' record 'breaking in new QBs:

2001 - 10-2
    2003 - 12-2
    2005 - 8-5
    2006 - 10-2
    2007 -10-2
    2009 - 8-5

So it looks like OU's twice as likely to have a 2 loss season.
    The following users like this post: sovasooner

Originally Posted by Rowdyroady View Post
    How did the new QB work out for aTm, jackass?
    are you really comparing the HEISMAN REDSHIRT FRESHMAN? to what OU has? the QB who is the darling of College football? Johnny Football?

Re: Stoops on KREF right now

Notre Dame beats you
    Texas beats you
    WVU beats you
    TCU beats you
    Ok State beats you

You strike me as the type of person who refers to the teams you root for as "we".
    The following users like this post: srburkhart

Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    Let's look at Stoops' record 'breaking in new QBs:

2001 - 10-2
    2003 - 12-2
    2005 - 8-5
    2006 - 10-2
    2007 -10-2
    2009 - 8-5

So it looks like OU's twice as likely to have a 2 loss season.
    2009 Oklahoma returned Sam at QB; 2 of those losses were games he started, with 1 of those wins being a game Sam started

Stoops on KREF right now

Originally Posted by SoonerSapper View Post
    2009 Oklahoma returned Sam at QB; 2 of those losses were games he started, with 1 of those wins being a game Sam started
    Yep...but if I omitted that from post it would have been used against me. 4 years of 10+ wins vs 2 of 5 losses still looked pretty good. And this 'breaking in' of a QB will be pretty damned seasoned.

Yep...but if I omitted that from post it would have been used against me. 4 years of 10+ wins vs 2 of 5 losses still looked pretty good. And this 'breaking in' of a QB will be pretty damned seasoned.
    Not holding it against you at all. Another good measure is if the new QB has significant playing experiance. In '05 the QB who started 11 of those games was a rFR. In '09 the starter in 9 of those games was a rFR. Of all the "new" QBs under Stoops, Bell has seen far and away the most significant playing time.

Yep Blake Bell is seasoned. He is 255 pounds. How many passes has he thrown? 3? Stills knows how seasoned he is. He declared a year early.

You already have a horrible front 7, now you got your best secondary player going to the draft. You got a new qb who has 3 passes in his career. So which scenario looks likely? 10-2 or 8-5?

Stoops on KREF right now

Yep Blake Bell is seasoned. He is 255 pounds. How many passes has he thrown? 3? Stills knows how seasoned he is. He declared a year early.

You already have a horrible front 7, now you got your best secondary player going to the draft. You got a new qb who has 3 passes in his career. So which scenario looks likely? 10-2 or 8-5?
    Historically speaking, 10 wins.

don't you have some fabricated story to be defending? something about fake girlfriends or recruits comments regarding visits they didn't actually take?

also, might wanna check your facts before spewing out bullshit about him throwing 3 passes in his career

I'd also add in the fact that both '05 & '09 had sieves for an OL, which at least on paper (hey, it's all there is to go on at this point) should be one of next year's teams' biggest strengths.

Maybe they can get Blake to work on his passing game during fall camp...since he's only thrown like 3 passes ever.
    The following users like this post: oucub23

our best secondary player(colvin) is returning... as is our best receiver(saunders) the last 8 games of the year... 10-2 more likely than 8-5...

Part of the sq went to Clemson, and the other part graduated.

TCU AND WEST VA. are home games. TCUs QB is coming out of rehab and WestVa will have new starter. Right now I'm sure those EXPERIENCED Texas QBs have OU fans shaking in their boots. Granted ND and Okie A & M will be tough games but not ready to write off the '13 season before Spring practice.
    The following users like this post: jmizzy4ou

Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    TCU AND WEST VA. are home games. TCUs QB is coming out of rehab and WestVa will have new starter. Right now I'm sure those EXPERIENCED Texas QBs have OU fans shaking in their boots. Granted ND and Okie A & M will be tough games but not ready to write off the '13 season before Spring practice.
    Correct, 61. Texas has scored exactly ONE TD on OU's first-team D in the last 3 year combined. Jimmy should look it up, but then Jimmy doesn't know facts, he makes them up as he goes.
    2 users like Sooner 76's post: dog-knee, greenfacedman

Imagine that....Jimmy/Meni, or is it Meni/Jimmy?, teaming up on another thread bashing OU.

Stoops on KREF right now

Originally Posted by barlowd View Post
    Your shit gets old
    So does getting worked in big games year after year.

Do you expect him to crawl into a hole and not show his face? He's the face of OU football whether you like it or not. That means he talks about the program whether you like what he has to say or not. Or would you rather he let his brother get another case of athlete's tongue and do all of the talking for OU football?