Game of Thrones season 3

Posted 643 day(s) ago 42774 Views 1219 Replies
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11

Television Game of Thrones season 3

IGN posted some really cool season 3 production stills. I just finished re watching seasons 1 and 2 so i am fully ready for March 31.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/..._medium=social

Possible spoilers?

Spoiler:
    Mother of dragons has an army

Behind the 8-ball

Chicks dig scars

Shooting at ****s again?

Stannis is Dragonborn?
    2 users like SoonerBeerSnob's post: SiggyPoke, Yasiel Puig

Shit, I simply cannot wait. Thanks for sharing.
    3 users like SiggyPoke's post: lauderdaleOU, oorah_okie, SoonerBeerSnob

I've read the books and know what happens but am still very excited about this.

Best show on TV
    3 users like my little roy toy's post: oorah_okie, SiggyPoke, thurman murman

Originally Posted by my little roy toy View Post
    2nd Best show on TV
    FIFY
    2 users like SoonerBeerSnob's post: NAMLOOT, Sieve

Game of Thrones season 3

Oorah is pissed you started this thread before he could.

He's probably had it marked on a calendar or something.
    The following users like this post: SoonerBeerSnob

Originally Posted by AcousticSoup View Post
    Oorah is pissed you started this thread before he could.

He's probably had it marked on a calendar or something.
    Hodor.

Originally Posted by SoonerBeerSnob View Post
    FIFY
    DIAF

Originally Posted by lauderdaleOU View Post
    I'm going to take this opportunity to ask folks to please PLEASE PLEASE use the Spoiler Tags if you are discussing book activity. Discussing what happened in Book 1 or 2 is fine, because we are already past that point. But if you are planning on discussing Storm of Swords, A Feast For Crows or A Dance with Dragons, PLEASE USE THE SPOILER TAGS, DOUBLE WRAP YO SHIT IF NECESSARY!
    2 users like oorah_okie's post: SiggyPoke, thurman murman

Some of the new characters we'll meet this season.

Plan on having a different GOT character as my avatar each month until football is back.
    January - Tyrion
    February - Danerys

Originally Posted by oorah_okie View Post
    Plan on having a different GOT character as my avatar each month until football is back.
    January - Tyrion
    February - Danerys

Please hurry to Margaery Tyrell.
    The following users like this post: oorah_okie

Originally Posted by lauderdaleOU View Post
    Anyone who's read the books knows that there are some things coming up that are just out of control. I really want to watch those parts with other people who haven't read the books just to see their reactions.

Originally Posted by OUMallen View Post
    Please hurry to Margaery Tyrell.
    Don't know if she'll be on the list, so here.
    The following users like this post: OUMallen

Originally Posted by freeeewilly66 View Post
    Anyone who's read the books knows that there are some things coming up that are just out of control. I really want to watch those parts with other people who haven't read the books just to see their reactions.
    If I lived in OKC, I'd totally be down for a GOT watch party.

The following users like this post: veyron_80

44 days until the BEST show on TV returns!!!!
    2 users like oorah_okie's post: Bk2X, thurman murman

I'm about halfway through the second book and plan on starting the third before 3/31.

Can't wait.

Mance Rayder looks like a crazy motherfucker.
    The following users like this post: NWOSURanger

My wife knows all as she's been reading the books since the conclusion of Season 2 and is almost done with Dance of Dragons (or whatever the title is). She is going to torture me this season, I know it.

Ah Khaleesi, how we've missed you.

I will also add I am looking forward to seeing Margaery Tyrell.

Kal Drago was in Bullet in the Head with Sly and had a badass role.

About reading the books, I read the first book last summer and started reading the second book, but stopped about 1/3 of the way in. I decided to pace myself on the book reading and the reason being is that this season will only cover the first half of Book 3, then Season 4 will cover the second half of Book 3. So I really do not want to ruin anything that this show delivers, I don't want to go from being a fan who is continually surprised and shocked by all the twists and plots to someone who criticizes the show because the show had Character A do X, but in the books, it was Character B who did Y.

For example:
      Spoiler:
    Book 1 Spoiler
      Spoiler:
    In Book 1, in the first battle between the Starks and Lannisters, there is a great battle scene where Tyrion mounts a horse, kills several enemies, is thrown off his horse and has to fight a Northern three times his size. However, in the show, we were screwed out of this battle scene, probably because of budget issues, so instead all we get in the show was Tyrion being clumsily stampeded and accidently knocked out by one of his own men. If I had read the book before and was expecting this great battle scene and instead got that, I probably would have been severely disappointed and I simply don't want to become that kind of fan.
    The following users like this post: OUMallen

Last edited by oorah_okie; February 17th, 2013 at 02:07 PM. Reason: double wrapped Spoiler tags

About reading the books, I read the first book last summer and started reading the second book, but stopped about 1/3 of the way in. I decided to pace myself on the book reading and the reason being is that this season will only cover the first half of Book 3, then Season 4 will cover the second half of Book 3. So I really did not want to ruin anything that this show delivers, I don't want to go from being a fan who is continually surprised and shocked by all the twists and plots to someone who criticizes the show because the show had Character A do X, but in the books, it was Character B who did Y.

For example:
      Spoiler:
    In Book 1, in the first battle between the Starks and Lannisters, there is a great battle scene where Tyrion mounts a horse, kills several enemies, is thrown off his horse and has to fight a Northern three times his size. However, in the show, we were screwed out of this battle scene, probably because of budget issues, so instead all we get in the show was Tyrion being clumsily stampeded and accidently knocked out by one of his own men. If i had read the book before and was expecting this great battle scene and instead got that, I probably would have been severely disappointing and I simply don't want to become that kind of fan.
    Without getting into any kind of details, the second season differs a bit more from the books than the first season did. With the exception of a few things, like the one mentioned in your spoiler, most of the first season was pretty damn close to the book.

The biggest differences you seen between the books and the show are the bits of dialogue that are added in there. There's a lot of POV in the book that obviously wouldn't translate to a TV show without some kind of dialogue.

Originally Posted by freeeewilly66 View Post
    Without getting into any kind of details, the second season differs a bit more from the books than the first season did. With the exception of a few things, like the one mentioned in your spoiler, most of the first season was pretty damn close to the book.

The biggest differences you seen between the books and the show are the bits of dialogue that are added in there. There's a lot of POV in the book that obviously wouldn't translate to a TV show without some kind of dialogue.
    Yeah, I noticed that. In the books, the scene where Tyrion confronts Cersi about her incestuous relationship with Jamie is out right hysterical, whereas in the show it was a much more subdued scene where Tyrion gives Cersi an implied look of "I know what you are doing." That's pretty much where I stopped at Book 2.

Spoiler:
    Book 2 Spoiler
      Spoiler:
    I also hear that Robb's wife is a made up character for the show, which makes sense because in the show he's probably 18-20, but in the book, he's 14-16.

And from what I've heard, it's disappointing that the show didn't introduce us to The **** of Bolton, Ramsey Snow. I've heard that dude basically goes Jeffery Dahmer on his enemies.

I'm getting excited just talking about this show, **** it, I may just have to read the rest of Book 2.

So, who else will be purchasing Season 2 on blu-ray later today? I will and my DVR will finally have some breathing room.

This girl has read all the books and is a diehard fan. She is also crazy. Warnings, there are spoilers. She reviews season 2 and has some complaints about it. NSFW(bad language).

So, who else will be purchasing Season 2 on blu-ray later today? I will and my DVR will finally have some breathing room.
    I stopped by Target on the way to work and picked up mine. Beyond the fact I'm a nerd and I own it, at $29.99 for the Blu-ray+DVD+Digital, I couldn't take a chance they'd have any left by the time I got off work.

Yeah I know, don't be poor.
    The following users like this post: oorah_okie

Can't wait either, but those of you waiting to read the books because it'll ruin the show should just go ahead and read. The books are so much better than the shows. I feel as though the show is on fast forward sometimes and skips a lot of stuff or changes it. What I loved about the books was the scene building and character development that is skipped in the show. I just wish they would add more episodes per season. Fortunately book three is going to be two seasons.

If you have hbo all the game of thrones should be on demand.
    The following users like this post: Sooner Bob

Originally Posted by Bob Swilkinson View Post
    I stopped by Target on the way to work and picked up mine. Beyond the fact I'm a nerd and I own it, at $29.99 for the Blu-ray+DVD+Digital, I couldn't take a chance they'd have any left by the time I got off work.

Yeah I know, don't be poor.

I might just buy it myself . . .

Originally Posted by jumperstop View Post
    Can't wait either, but those of you waiting to read the books because it'll ruin the show should just go ahead and read. The books are so much better than the shows.
    Agreed, but the shows are terrific, too. What I like about the books is each chapter is told from a different character's point-of-view, so you get a lot more internal dialogue than you do on the show. Which is particularly great when it's a character like Tyrion.
    The following users like this post: thurman murman

I probably would not be that interested in these books if it were not for Tyrion's Character.

If you have hbo all the game of thrones should be on demand.
    I do, but dropping $30-$50 for a hard copy is more than worth it, IMO. Also, I found that saving a HBO OnDemand episode takes up more space on the DVR than a regular recorded episode does.

Originally Posted by NWOSURanger View Post
    I probably would not be that interested in these books if it were not for Tyrion's Character.
    Tyrion certainly has stolen the show, but I feel that without Jon Snow and Danerys, the show would be missing a lot of depth.

Love the show. I am looking forward to the Jon Snow angle of it.

Can't wait either, but those of you waiting to read the books because it'll ruin the show should just go ahead and read. The books are so much better than the shows. I feel as though the show is on fast forward sometimes and skips a lot of stuff or changes it. What I loved about the books was the scene building and character development that is skipped in the show. I just wish they would add more episodes per season. Fortunately book three is going to be two seasons.
    I think the books are boring as hell.
    The following users like this post: SirPrize

Originally Posted by beelzeBob View Post
    Without the show, it would be impossible for me to imagine what all these characters would look like. Tyrion would look like the midget in Willow.

I died out on the 4th book. It just didn't take for me.

There are definitely parts of the books that Martin went overboard with the details . . . the first 3 or 4 are great. I read them as fast as I could way back when they first came out and took my time before reading the most current one. If you can't pay attention or keep up with the books you'll definitely be lost.

Originally Posted by OUMallen View Post
    I died out on the 4th book. It just didn't take for me.
    I've heard Feast for Crows is incredibly tough to get into, but it picks back up with Dance of Dragons.

Anyone know when Book 6, Winds of Winter, will be released? It's going to be tragic if Martin dies of old age before bringing the story to a conclusion.

I want Emilia Clarke.
    3 users like SiggyPoke's post: Irish_Sooner, oorah_okie, thurman murman

You guys all played Dungeons & Dragons when you were younger, didn't you?
    The following users like this post: The Baconator®

I'm in there somewhere.

Originally Posted by 2121sooner View Post
    You guys all played Dungeons & Dragons when you were younger, didn't you?

Originally Posted by SiggyPoke View Post
    I want Emilia Clarke.
    I wonder what VUGEAR has on her?

Tyrion certainly has stolen the show, but I feel that without Jon Snow and Danerys, the show would be missing a lot of depth.
    I am also interested in how Arya Stark's story progresses. It seems that she will have the final word on alot of things.

NSFW

Can't get enough of Tyrion **** slapping Jeoffrey.
    The following users like this post: OUfanINtulsa

I've heard Feast for Crows is incredibly tough to get into, but it picks back up with Dance of Dragons.

Anyone know when Book 6, Winds of Winter, will be released? It's going to be tragic if Martin dies of old age before bringing the story to a conclusion.
    I read last spring sometime after I finished book 5 that GRRM was quoted as saying he hadn't even started on book 6 and wouldn't even start until next year, which would be about nowish. If that's the case you're going to be waiting a long time. I think in the front of the first book there is a synopsis of how he planned to write the books. I think at that point he planned 3 books, but the story of the first three he acctually wrote only made it to about book 1 and half. He's been said that he thinks 7 is a good number since it fits into many of the themes of his story, but chances are he will have to make it to about 9. All of this is stuff I read last year on a game of thrones board so I don't know how accurate or up to date it is. Either way it took 15+ years to write the first 5 books, he's about 60 if I'm rememeber correctly. There is a good chance it doesn't get done before he dies, Robert Jordan style...
    The following users like this post: NWOSURanger

You're one of those read by pictures, and can't read something that requires imagination....Here's a good book for you...

In all fairness he does get wordy in his descriptions but that's my favorite part.
    2 users like jumperstop's post: Orange is ugly, Sieve

Originally Posted by NWOSURanger View Post
    I am also interested in how Arya Stark's story progresses. It seems that she will have the final word on alot of things.
    Me too. She's a badass, hope she gets reunited with her wolf.

What's a VUGEAR?

I wonder what VUGEAR has on her?