Cancun

Posted 453 day(s) ago 959 Views 16 Replies
    vCash

Cancun

Anyone have any recommendations on a good all-inclusive resort (with kids)? So many to choose from. Help a brother out!

Cancun

Moon Palace. Ask for the Grand side. It's the newest part, they've got several pools, great restaurants, a spa, golf course, and a shuttle to their other resorts.
    The following users like this post: Tundra

vCash

I've heard good thIngs about secrets. I've never personally been though. I always stay on the hotel row at wherever is having a good deal.

vCash

Cancun

Me and Sooners 2007 will talk up Riu Palaces a lot. Great service, great pools, and the restaurants were all really good. It's a great value as well if you don't have a huge budget. I went with my wife in between my 3rd and 4th year of dental school. We went to the one in Playa Del Carmen. Had a great time. Good luck!

vCash

Cancun

Originally Posted by madbrad View Post
    I've heard good thIngs about secrets. I've never personally been though. I always stay on the hotel row at wherever is having a good deal.
    I've heard Secrets is awesome. But I don't think kids are allowed. He needs a place that is kid friendly. My brother went to Secrets on his honeymoon. Said it was amazing.

vCash

Cancun

With kids? Wha?

With Kids: I can highly recommend Barcelo Maya Palace. Been three times, love it. Can't wait to go back.

vCash

Cancun

Originally Posted by 77sooner View Post
    Moon Palace. Ask for the Grand side. It's the newest part, they've got several pools, great restaurants, a spa, golf course, and a shuttle to their other resorts.
    Stayed there. Very fun. Very nice. Would do it again.

NOT Grand Sunset Princess.

bad food, bad restaurants, mosquitos and a couple ****roaches in the room...
    and I am not a picky dude but bro please, that place pissed me off for reals.

vCash

Originally Posted by 77sooner View Post
    Stayed there. Very nice place.

vCash

Originally Posted by DrBrizzle View Post
    I've heard Secrets is awesome. But I don't think kids are allowed. He needs a place that is kid friendly. My brother went to Secrets on his honeymoon. Said it was amazing.
    Oh ok. I had no idea.

The Beloved Hotel, Playa Mujeres.

vCash

Cancun

If you do a search, we've had some pretty good discussions about this. Hopefully it's not too late, but don't stay in Cancun, IMO.
    The following users like this post: Morningwood

Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    If you do a search, we've had some pretty good discussions about this. Hopefully it's not too late, but don't stay in Cancun, IMO.
    I have a close friend(retired Army) who lives "in" Cancun and just talked to him last week, we talked about getting together for a few days,he told me in no uncertain terms check with the state department for the up-to-date travel restrictions/warnings and it would be in my best interest to "not" bring my grandchildren to Cancun at this time.I personally have never had a problem there and have taken my children and grandchildren there since both were small,but this man would know if anyone would,he's retired and lived there since "91".
    And yes...The Secret is one of the top 3(IMO)places to relax.

In Cancun I prefer to stay at J.W. Marriott or Ritz. It is not all inclusive, but the service is outstanding and you can normally get for a good price. Palace resorts in Cancun are good. I did not like Moon Palace, though. I am not a fan of Riu, but would probably give Riu Peninsula a try. Secrets is new and have stayed at a couple in other places and they are pretty good. There are a lot of pretty good places.

Playa has a ton of great places too. Rosewood, Zoetry, Secrets, Azul Sensatori, etc... When we take the kids to Playa, we stay at Barcelo Maya Palace as someone mentioned above. They love that place.

Going Saturday and staying at Grand Velas. We heard it is great.

vCash

Cancun

Originally Posted by greenfacedman View Post
    I have a close friend(retired Army) who lives "in" Cancun and just talked to him last week, we talked about getting together for a few days,he told me in no uncertain terms check with the state department for the up-to-date travel restrictions/warnings and it would be in my best interest to "not" bring my grandchildren to Cancun at this time.I personally have never had a problem there and have taken my children and grandchildren there since both were small,but this man would know if anyone would,he's retired and lived there since "91".
    And yes...The Secret is one of the top 3(IMO)places to relax.
    My recommendation had nothing to do with safety, but rather it being white trash. ;-)

vCash

Back again. This time.... kids free at an all adult inclusive. Yea, it's pretty shitty downtown when you go shopping but the resort itself is 5 star quality. Anyone planning a vacation and want advice about cancun....shoot me a PM.