Bad news about Sarah Palin

Posted 632 day(s) ago 3956 Views 166 Replies
Results 1 to 50 of 167
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3
  1. #1

    Bad news about Sarah Palin

    Won't have her on Fox to laugh at anymore. She's very entertaining, though, and provides such great material to the comedians and the American public that I hope she lands somewhere else.

    http://news.yahoo.com/why-fox-news-d...164000188.html
    The following users like this post: SiggyPoke


  2. #2
    I think I speak for many other conservatives (but not all) who just want her to go away.
    The following users like this post: SiggyPoke


  3. #3
    thank god. she was crazy. Hopefully the republicans keep kicking crazy to the door.
    The following users like this post: SiggyPoke


  4. #4
    Well...bye

  5. #5
    OUMallen's Avatar
    Posts
    7,818
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    City of Nompton

    Bad news about Sarah Palin

    Originally Posted by ltsooner View Post
    I think I speak for many other conservatives (but not all) who just want her to go away.
    You're spot on. The crazy thing is how the right fringe and some right moderates championed her. The GOP deserves better. Hell, my résumé is almost as good as hers for VP and I'm not even in politics. My resume IS better than hers for very job on the planet other than sport reporting. That's just sad. We need serious candidates.
    The following users like this post: SiggyPoke


  6. #6
    McRib's Avatar
    Posts
    25,097
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Bad news about Sarah Palin

    Now she'll have more time to devote to King of the Hill.
    2 users like McRib's post: Aurora, SiggyPoke


  7. #7

    Re: Bad news about Sarah Palin

    Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    Now she'll have more time to devote to King of the Hill.
    Or have sex with Glen Rice
    2 users like Sooner 4 Life's post: McRib, SiggyPoke


  8. #8

    Bad news about Sarah Palin

    Originally Posted by OUMallen View Post
    You're spot on. The crazy thing is how the right fringe and some right moderates championed her. The GOP deserves better. Hell, my résumé is almost as good as hers for VP and I'm not even in politics. My resume IS better than hers for very job on the planet other than sport reporting. That's just sad. We need serious candidates.
    Not defending her, but she was a mayor and governor. She was the only 1 of the 4 in the 08 election that had any executive experience. I understand not being a fan but she was more qualified for the executive job than anyone else running, let alone someone on this board. The misogyny aimed at her should trouble everyone though--politics is still very much a boys' club.

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Not defending her, but she was a mayor and governor. She was the only 1 of the 4 in the 08 election that had any executive experience. I understand not being a fan but she was more qualified for the executive job than anyone else running, let alone someone on this board. The misogyny aimed at her should trouble everyone though--politics is still very much a boys' club.
    The very fact that she held a position such as a Governor or mayor in the past highlights what is wrong with politics. She isnt qualified to be someone's secretary much less to run a state. If politics required to pass the wonderlic, she would score less than Vince Young. Her knowledge or rather the absence of it, should scare everyone that wish well for this great nation.

    Having said that, I hope texas hires her as their next HC when they decide to hang up with Mack.
    2 users like URNotserious's post: OUMallen, SiggyPoke


  10. #10

    Bad news about Sarah Palin

    Originally Posted by URNotserious View Post
    The very fact that she held a position such as a Governor or mayor in the past highlights what is wrong with politics. She isnt qualified to be someone's secretary much less to run a state. If politics required to pass the wonderlic, she would score less than Vince Young. Her knowledge or rather the absence of it, should scare everyone that wish well for this great nation.

    Having said that, I hope texas hires her as their next HC when they decide to hang up with Mack.
    We disagree on what is wrong with politics. I'm not a fan, but an average person becoming a successful governor is not what is wrong with the system. The last few election cycles we've been through illustrate what's wrong with it--we are effectively having royal coronations instead of elections.
    2 users like oucub23's post: cosmoxl, Tundra

    Last edited by oucub23; January 27th, 2013 at 06:00 PM.

  11. #11
    SpankyNek's Avatar
    Posts
    12,392
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Houston (Cypress)

    How many presidents in the last century had executive experience?

    It is overrated.

    My county's sheriff deals with far more executive duties than Palin ever has.

  12. #12

  13. #13
    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    We disagree on what is wrong with politics. I'm not a fan, but an average person becoming a successful government is not what is wrong with the system. The last few election cycles we've been through illustrate what's wrong with it--we are effectively having royal coronations instead of elections.
    I doubt anyone would not want an average person to win over a legacy like Bush or Clintons. But I guess we disagree on the definition of an average person. When I say this is whats wrong with America, I mean someone who's undeserving of a position. And Sarah's a poster child for that.

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    How many presidents in the last century had executive experience?

    It is overrated.

    My county's sheriff deals with far more executive duties than Palin ever has.
    From now til 1900? I don't know. Let's see--Bush 2, Clinton, Bush 1 (CIA head and VP,) Reagan, Carter, Ford (VP,) Nixon (VP,) LBJ (VP,) Ike (a 5 star is an executive,) Truman (VP,) FDR, Coolidge, Harding (Lt. Gov.,) Wilson, Taft, and Teddy.

    Hoover didn't. JFK didn't--though he was a Lt in the military. So, pretty much all of them except Hoover and Obama--who was a colossal failure.

  15. #15
    Originally Posted by URNotserious View Post
    I doubt anyone would not want an average person to win over a legacy like Bush or Clintons. But I guess we disagree on the definition of an average person. When I say this is whats wrong with America, I mean someone who's undeserving of a position. And Sarah's a poster child for that.
    Obama had 0 qualifications for president. He's a two-termer. Palin was a candidate for Joe's job--she wasn't unqualified for that. However you feel about her qualifications, she was a successful governor prior to the election circus.
    The following users like this post: fdubzou


  16. #16
    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Obama had 0 qualifications for president. He's a two-termer. Palin was a candidate for Joe's job--she wasn't unqualified for that. However you feel about her qualifications, she was a successful governor prior to the election circus.
    Does Obama know Georgia is a state as well as a country? Does he know there are seven continents which are not the same thing as countries which are not the same thing as counties? Does a 12 year old?

    Well, that 12 year old is more qualified than Palin. Palin was unqualified not because of her pure lack of understading of world geo-politics(which should be very high on the list of things required to hold the office of a VP), but her pure lack of understanding of world geography, history and god knows what else. Basic Math? Science? Too bad she wasnt tested on 2nd grade Math, it would've proven my point.

  17. #17
    Originally Posted by URNotserious View Post
    Does Obama know Georgia is a state as well as a country? Does he know there are seven continents which are not the same thing as countries which are not the same thing as counties? Does a 12 year old?

    Well, that 12 year old is more qualified than Palin. Palin was unqualified not because of her pure lack of understading of world geo-politics(which should be very high on the list of things required to hold the office of a VP), but her pure lack of understanding of world geography, history and god knows what else. Basic Math? Science? Too bad she wasnt tested on 2nd grade Math, it would've proven my point.
    I don't know what she knows and what she doesn't know--what's more is I don't particularly care. I'm sure she knows there are only 50 states in the US though, and probably is also familiar with Hawaii not being in Asia. I wonder if she can pronounce corpsmen? How 'bout Uncle Joe talking about FDR taking to the tele after the market crashed? When FDR wasn't Pres, and tv wasn't around? People make mistakes and say stupid things--she gets more criticism for it than most do. I assume it's b/c she's a woman and conservative.

  18. #18
    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    I don't know what she knows and what she doesn't know--what's more is I don't particularly care. I'm sure she knows there are only 50 states in the US though, and probably is also familiar with Hawaii not being in Asia. I wonder if she can pronounce corpsmen? How 'bout Uncle Joe talking about FDR taking to the tele after the market crashed? When FDR wasn't Pres, and tv wasn't around? People make mistakes and say stupid things--she gets more criticism for it than most do. I assume it's b/c she's a woman and conservative.
    Tin foil hat theory this one, isnt it? Condoleeza is a woman, a minority woman at that and manages to avoid all this criticism you speak of. Hillary did and still does. Nikki Haley is another woman, a governor and a minority(again). She too manages to avoid all this "unfair" criticism that you're referring to. Its not because they're getting a pass, its because they aren't legally retarded.

    I am not sure how this would even be up for a debate...there's a fairly popular and accurate movie on how stupid she is. Its like saying Clinton was a faithful husband through his presidency which would be wrong as it was well documented throughout that he was a dog.

    You can pick on Uncle Joe and inspite of his age if you were to list the stupid things he has done or said, it wouldn't extend over a page in a book. Sarah on the other hand....

  19. #19
    Tundra's Avatar
    Posts
    2,765
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Indian Territory

    Originally Posted by URNotserious View Post
    Does Obama know Georgia is a state as well as a country? Does he know there are seven continents which are not the same thing as countries which are not the same thing as counties? Does a 12 year old?

    Well, that 12 year old is more qualified than Palin. Palin was unqualified not because of her pure lack of understading of world geo-politics(which should be very high on the list of things required to hold the office of a VP), but her pure lack of understanding of world geography, history and god knows what else. Basic Math? Science? Too bad she wasnt tested on 2nd grade Math, it would've proven my point.
    You could write a complete set of novels on Biden's gaffs. Is he not qualified?

  20. #20
    Originally Posted by URNotserious View Post
    Tin foil hat theory this one, isnt it? Condoleeza is a woman, a minority woman at that and manages to avoid all this criticism you speak of. Hillary did and still does. Nikki Haley is another woman, a governor and a minority(again). She too manages to avoid all this "unfair" criticism that you're referring to. Its not because they're getting a pass, its because they aren't legally retarded.

    I am not sure how this would even be up for a debate...there's a fairly popular and accurate movie on how stupid she is. Its like saying Clinton was a faithful husband through his presidency which would be wrong as it was well documented throughout that he was a dog.

    You can pick on Uncle Joe and inspite of his age if you were to list the stupid things he has done or said, it wouldn't extend over a page in a book. Sarah on the other hand....
    Hilary has been mocked for bad hair days, for bad outfits, etc. She was nicknamed 'Shrillary.' It's b/c she's female. She was also vetted much more harshly during the '08 campaign than Obama or McCain was. Haley? Accused of extramarital affairs. Called a 'raghead' by an opponent. Criticized for spending too much as a governor. Women are treated differently in politics. Rice was criticized by Boxer for not having kids. A quote from Condi about Boxer's statements: "I guess that means I don't have kids. Was that the purpose of that?" Rice said. "Well, at the time I just found it a bit confusing frankly. But in retrospect, gee, I thought single women had come further than that. That the only question is are you making good decisions because you have kids?"

  21. #21
    SpankyNek's Avatar
    Posts
    12,392
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Houston (Cypress)

    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    From now til 1900? I don't know. Let's see--Bush 2, Clinton, Bush 1 (CIA head and VP,) Reagan, Carter, Ford (VP,) Nixon (VP,) LBJ (VP,) Ike (a 5 star is an executive,) Truman (VP,) FDR, Coolidge, Harding (Lt. Gov.,) Wilson, Taft, and Teddy.

    Hoover didn't. JFK didn't--though he was a Lt in the military. So, pretty much all of them except Hoover and Obama--who was a colossal failure.
    So were counting VP as an executive? Please.

  22. #22
    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Hilary has been mocked for bad hair days, for bad outfits, etc. She was nicknamed 'Shrillary.' It's b/c she's female. She was also vetted much more harshly during the '08 campaign than Obama or McCain was. Haley? Accused of extramarital affairs. Called a 'raghead' by an opponent. Criticized for spending too much as a governor. Women are treated differently in politics. Rice was criticized by Boxer for not having kids. A quote from Condi about Boxer's statements: "I guess that means I don't have kids. Was that the purpose of that?" Rice said. "Well, at the time I just found it a bit confusing frankly. But in retrospect, gee, I thought single women had come further than that. That the only question is are you making good decisions because you have kids?"

    And yet, the seem to go on doing whatever they're doing without being questioned on their basic IQ just because they're women or minority women or conservative minority women. Thanks for making my point.

  23. #23

    Bad news about Sarah Palin

    Originally Posted by URNotserious View Post
    And yet, the seem to go on doing whatever they're doing without being questioned on their basic IQ just because they're women or minority women or conservative minority women. Thanks for making my point.
    Umm. If you think that's making your point, you're grasping. The criticisms of Hilary prevented her from being Pres. Haley was expected by many to run in the 12 primary. They're still doing what they're doing? So is Palin. Conservatives are dumb is the insult du jour. Palin is far from the only conservative accused of it.

  24. #24
    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Umm. If you think that's making your point, you're grasping. The criticisms of Hilary prevented her from being Pres. Haley was expected by many to run in the 12 primary. They're still doing what they're doing? So is Palin. Conservatives are dumb is the insult du jour. Palin is far from the only conservative accused of it.
    Which other conservatives have been accused of a bunch of other conservatives -- including her own campaign manager Steve Schmidt, Dick Cheney, George Will, Peggy Noonan and David Brooks, to name a few -- as essentially being incompetent?

  25. #25

    Bad news about Sarah Palin

    Originally Posted by Sinatra View Post
    Which other conservatives have been accused of a bunch of other conservatives -- including her own campaign manager Steve Schmidt, Dick Cheney, George Will, Peggy Noonan and David Brooks, to name a few -- as essentially being incompetent?
    I'm not saying she isn't. I don't know. I also don't particularly care. I am saying she gets more heat than an equivalent male would--as do female Dems. I'm also saying she had more executive experience than anyone in the 08 election.

  26. #26
    fdubzou's Avatar
    Posts
    7,678
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Juneau, Alaska

    Bad news about Sarah Palin

    My younger brother dated her daughter in high school. She wrote about him in her book. True story.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  27. #27
    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    I'm not saying she isn't. I don't know. I also don't particularly care. I am saying she gets more heat than an equivalent male would--as do female Dems. I'm also saying she had more executive experience than anyone in the 08 election.
    So if she's incompetent or close to it, what is the relevance of any executive experience that she had? Furthermore, of what relevance to serving as President (or VP) does serving as mayor of Wasilla or governor of a small, sparsely populated and remote state for two years (followed by quitting in mid-term) have?

  28. #28
    fdubzou's Avatar
    Posts
    7,678
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Juneau, Alaska

    Bad news about Sarah Palin

    Originally Posted by Sinatra View Post
    So if she's incompetent or close to it, what is the relevance of any executive experience that she had? Furthermore, of what relevance to serving as President (or VP) does serving as mayor of Wasilla or governor of a small, sparsely populated and remote state for two years (followed by quitting in mid-term) have?
    Haha, so now people can't be president if they're from a small state? What's the cutoff? Ohio? Missouri?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  29. #29
    Originally Posted by fdubzou View Post
    Haha, so now people can't be president if they're from a small state? What's the cutoff? Ohio? Missouri?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    No. The question is what experience and wisdom did she gain from holding those two jobs (one from which she jumped ship in the middle of her term) that is relevant to serving as President or Vice-President.

  30. #30
    Originally Posted by Sinatra View Post
    So if she's incompetent or close to it, what is the relevance of any executive experience that she had? Furthermore, of what relevance to serving as President (or VP) does serving as mayor of Wasilla or governor of a small, sparsely populated and remote state for two years (followed by quitting in mid-term) have?
    Ya, being a governor of a state with massive amounts of natural resources, specifically, tons of oil, would be of no use in the White House would it? By what I can tell, she effectively handled the oil companies during her stint as governor, and was ridiculously popular until after the Pres election. She didn't quit until after the election, so that should have no bearing on her fitness or lack of fitness at the time of her candidacy.

  31. #31
    SpankyNek's Avatar
    Posts
    12,392
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Houston (Cypress)

    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Ya, being a governor of a state with massive amounts of natural resources, specifically, tons of oil, would be of no use in the White House would it? By what I can tell, she effectively handled the oil companies during her stint as governor, and was ridiculously popular until after the Pres election. She didn't quit until after the election, so that should have no bearing on her fitness or lack of fitness at the time of her candidacy.
    Most people just can't vote for a simpleton.

  32. #32
    fdubzou's Avatar
    Posts
    7,678
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Juneau, Alaska

    Bad news about Sarah Palin

    Originally Posted by Sinatra View Post
    No. The question is what experience and wisdom did she gain from holding those two jobs (one from which she jumped ship in the middle of her term) that is relevant to serving as President or Vice-President.
    Se jumped ship because the left was filing tons of frivolous lawsuits against her because of her newfound political celebrity and because they viewed her as a threat. She incurred huge amounts of legal fees due to this; even though none of the suits ended up sticking, she still had to pay her attorneys. Facing bankruptcy, she was forced to start writing books and taking every tv show opportunity she could to pay for all the bullshit she was going through.

    I'm not the biggest fan of Sarah, especially post VP nomination, but if you understood how corrupt Alaskan politics were when she ran for governor, how she defeated an incumbent governor, who previously served in the US Senate for 4 terms, you may not be chastising her so much. She also oversaw ACES legislation which has led to Alaska having record levels of revenue in the treasury.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    The following users like this post: oucub23


  33. #33
    fdubzou's Avatar
    Posts
    7,678
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Juneau, Alaska

    Bad news about Sarah Palin

    Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    Most people just can't vote for a simpleton.
    Unfortunately the party did a horrendous job at getting her coached to be in the public spotlight during the VP campaign. Allowing her to be that underprepared for the Katie Couric interview has to have gotten a few people fired, that was awful.

    It was also hilarious the disparity in the questions the media was asking her vs. Barry and Joe.

    Months before network anchors were interrogating vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin on the intricacies of foreign policy, here is how NBC's Brian Williams mercilessly grilled presidential candidate Barack Obama: "What was it like for you last night, the part we couldn't see, the flight to St. Paul with your wife, knowing what was awaiting?"


    Twisting the knife he had just plunged into Obama, Williams followed up with what has come to be known as a "gotcha" question: "And you had to be thinking of your mother and your father." Sarah Palin was memorizing the last six kings of Swaziland for her media interviews, but Obama only needed to say something nice about his parents to be considered presidential material.
    I think a lot of what she's doing/selling now with the tea-party rhetoric has to do with selling books and making money more so than what she actually thinks she can accomplish politically.

    If any of you knew anything about her prior to the VP nod, you would not call her a simpleton. That's how the media has portrayed her, very effectively, but I assure you she is anything but.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    The following users like this post: oucub23


  34. #34
    Yatahaze's Avatar
    Posts
    1,923
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dela-where?

    She's the Republitard version of Giada de Laurentiis.

    In conclusion, tits.

  35. #35
    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Umm. If you think that's making your point, you're grasping. The criticisms of Hilary prevented her from being Pres. Haley was expected by many to run in the 12 primary. They're still doing what they're doing? So is Palin. Conservatives are dumb is the insult du jour. Palin is far from the only conservative accused of it.
    Umm...the point is that the media latches on to what they perceive to be really obvious i.e. the stupidity of Palin. As I can see apparently it is necessary to be pointed out to hardcore conservatives such as yourself. I didn't know I was talking to Rush.

  36. #36
    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    I'm not saying she isn't. I don't know. I also don't particularly care. I am saying she gets more heat than an equivalent male would--as do female Dems. I'm also saying she had more executive experience than anyone in the 08 election.
    You moved your argument down the road as your contention earlier was this:

    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Obama had 0 qualifications for president. He's a two-termer. Palin was a candidate for Joe's job--she wasn't unqualified for that. However you feel about her qualifications, she was a successful governor prior to the election circus.
    If she's incompetent as suggested and admitted by about everybody(including me) that surrounds her then NO, she wasn't qualified for that job. That has been my point in entirety. You're just moving the target now to suit your argument.

  37. #37
    Originally Posted by fdubzou View Post
    Unfortunately the party did a horrendous job at getting her coached to be in the public spotlight during the VP campaign. Allowing her to be that underprepared for the Katie Couric interview has to have gotten a few people fired, that was awful.

    It was also hilarious the disparity in the questions the media was asking her vs. Barry and Joe.
    Take off your GOP blinders here as you're not going to need them here:


  38. #38
    fdubzou's Avatar
    Posts
    7,678
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Juneau, Alaska

    Bad news about Sarah Palin

    Thanks for addressing a fraction of the points I make. Well done.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  39. #39

    Bad news about Sarah Palin

    Originally Posted by URNotserious View Post
    Umm...the point is that the media latches on to what they perceive to be really obvious i.e. the stupidity of Palin. As I can see apparently it is necessary to be pointed out to hardcore conservatives such as yourself. I didn't know I was talking to Rush.
    The media latches on to what plays well.

  40. #40

    Bad news about Sarah Palin

    Originally Posted by URNotserious View Post
    You moved your argument down the road as your contention earlier was this:



    If she's incompetent as suggested and admitted by about everybody(including me) that surrounds her then NO, she wasn't qualified for that job. That has been my point in entirety. You're just moving the target now to suit your argument.
    I did not move my argument. My responses were to different allegations. I've said I think she was at least as qualified as Joe. I've also said I don't particularly care, and that women are treated differently than men--and Palin is a lightening rod. I've said these same things in numerous threads attacking her. Rather than asserting that 'she's incompetent, everyone says so,' why not give us specific things? Not soundbites or poorly responses to questions--specifics. She was effective as Alaska's governor. That is legitimate, actual executive experience. She did it well. But she's incompetent because people in a losing pres campaign said so? I still don't care--I didn't respond in this thread to defend her. It just seems I end up doing so because it's so common to parrot what the talking heads have stated about her.

  41. #41
    61sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    1,932
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Palm Desert, CA

    She can kick back, relax, sit on her back porch and see Russia all day long.

  42. #42
    okie52's Avatar
    Posts
    7,478
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Edmond, OK

    Fox or msnbc really need to give hank Johnson a shot....this guy would be a star.

  43. #43
    OUMallen's Avatar
    Posts
    7,818
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    City of Nompton

    Originally Posted by URNotserious View Post
    The very fact that she held a position such as a Governor or mayor in the past highlights what is wrong with politics. She isnt qualified to be someone's secretary much less to run a state. If politics required to pass the wonderlic, she would score less than Vince Young. Her knowledge or rather the absence of it, should scare everyone that wish well for this great nation.

    Having said that, I hope texas hires her as their next HC when they decide to hang up with Mack.
    This.

    Cub, her having made it someplace in politics does not credit her ability much. It discredits politics.

  44. #44
    OUMallen's Avatar
    Posts
    7,818
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    City of Nompton

    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    I did not move my argument. My responses were to different allegations. I've said I think she was at least as qualified as Joe. I've also said I don't particularly care, and that women are treated differently than men--and Palin is a lightening rod. I've said these same things in numerous threads attacking her. Rather than asserting that 'she's incompetent, everyone says so,' why not give us specific things? Not soundbites or poorly responses to questions--specifics. She was effective as Alaska's governor. That is legitimate, actual executive experience. She did it well. But she's incompetent because people in a losing pres campaign said so? I still don't care--I didn't respond in this thread to defend her. It just seems I end up doing so because it's so common to parrot what the talking heads have stated about her.

    Her formal education is a joke and she quit in the middle of her job. That alone should preclude her from being, uh, the VICE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.

    Good ****ing gosh, your time would be MUCH better spent asserting that, "Good gravy, we deserve better candidates. I DEMAND better candidates!" then it would trying to defend Palin. Please.

  45. #45
    Mayor to a town with a population of what, four? And governor of a state that matters how? Oh, that's right, they hunt the Kodiak bear, kill moose and fish for salmon up there and can even see part of Russia.

    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Not defending her, but she was a mayor and governor. She was the only 1 of the 4 in the 08 election that had any executive experience. I understand not being a fan but she was more qualified for the executive job than anyone else running, let alone someone on this board. The misogyny aimed at her should trouble everyone though--politics is still very much a boys' club.

  46. #46

    Bad news about Sarah Palin

    Originally Posted by SiggyPoke View Post
    Mayor to a town with a population of what, four? And governor of a state that matters how? Oh, that's right, they hunt the Kodiak bear, kill moose and fish for salmon up there and can even see part of Russia.
    And have tons of oil.
    2 users like oucub23's post: fdubzou, SiggyPoke


  47. #47
    Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    She can kick back, relax, sit on her back porch and see Russia all day long.
    That was Tina Fey, not Palin.

  48. #48
    As much as I disliked Palin, I don't think the elephants had a chance at winning in '08, regardless of whom they had running for them.

  49. #49
    Originally Posted by OUMallen View Post
    Her formal education is a joke and she quit in the middle of her job. That alone should preclude her from being, uh, the VICE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.

    Good ****ing gosh, your time would be MUCH better spent asserting that, "Good gravy, we deserve better candidates. I DEMAND better candidates!" then it would trying to defend Palin. Please.
    Calling her education into question is fair--but that in and of itself shouldn't eliminate her from contention. I prefer real world experience to letters after someone's name. Additionally, she didn't quit as governor until after the election, so that would have 0 impact on her fitness at the time she ran. Fdub also covered the reasons for her resigning. It's not as simple as her just quitting.

    The reason I entered this is because I do believe we deserve better candidates. What's done though is that people that are happy with and voted for Obama say we need more qualified candidates than Palin. They don't realize that he was less qualified for the position of POTUS than Palin was--and Palin wasn't even running for that job. She was running for the VP job. I've gotten to the point where I don't typically sit around and allow the double standards to be trumpeted w/o a response.

  50. #50
    Originally Posted by SiggyPoke View Post
    As much as I disliked Palin, I don't think the elephants had a chance at winning in '08, regardless of whom they had running for them.
    Agree. Though they had less than no chance w/McCain on the ticket.

Similar Threads

  1. Think If Say, Sarah Palin, Had Done This
    By KCRuf/Nek in forum ThunderDome
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: January 7th, 2014, 10:36 PM
  2. Sarah Palin's Retarded Kid
    By SarasotaSooner in forum ThunderDome
    Replies: 219
    Last Post: November 24th, 2013, 09:51 PM
  3. Breaking news about Sarah Palin
    By Sinatra in forum ThunderDome
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: July 30th, 2012, 07:28 PM