Bad news about Sarah Palin

Posted 691 day(s) ago by Sinatra4049 Views 166 Replies
Results 51 to 100 of 167
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
  1. #51
    Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    So were counting VP as an executive? Please.
    You don't think VP counts? Why not?

  2. #52
    fdubzou's Avatar
    Posts
    7,786
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Juneau, Alaska

    Bad news about Sarah Palin

    Originally Posted by SiggyPoke View Post
    Mayor to a town with a population of what, four? And governor of a state that matters how? Oh, that's right, they hunt the Kodiak bear, kill moose and fish for salmon up there and can even see part of Russia.
    Alaska produces far more in natural resources than Oklahoma ever will. Ignorant people like yourself are part of the reason the Federal Government gets away with some of the bullshit they pull up here.

  3. #53
    Don't get so butt hurt.

    Originally Posted by fdubzou View Post
    Alaska produces far more in natural resources than Oklahoma ever will. Ignorant people like yourself are part of the reason the Federal Government gets away with some of the bullshit they pull up here.

  4. #54
    Originally Posted by URNotserious View Post
    The very fact that she held a position such as a Governor or mayor in the past highlights what is wrong with politics. She isnt qualified to be someone's secretary much less to run a state. If politics required to pass the wonderlic, she would score less than Vince Young. Her knowledge or rather the absence of it, should scare everyone that wish well for this great nation.

    Having said that, I hope texas hires her as their next HC when they decide to hang up with Mack.
    And Obama is? This country needs patriots not politicians...have/would the national media ever savage Obama or Hillary like they did Palin?

  5. #55
    fdubzou's Avatar
    Posts
    7,786
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Juneau, Alaska

    Bad news about Sarah Palin

    Originally Posted by SiggyPoke View Post
    Don't get so butt hurt.
    Don't be an ignorant moron about my state.

  6. #56
    61sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    2,115
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Palm Desert, CA

    Was I wrong? Didn't Palin in a speech mention that as Gov of Alaska part of her foreign policy experience was she see could see Russia from Alaska. The female Forest Gump.
    The following users like this post: SiggyPoke


  7. #57
    Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    Was I wrong? Didn't Palin in a speech mention that as Gov of Alaska part of her foreign policy experience was she see could see Russia from Alaska. The female Forest Gump.
    That's a misrepresentation.

  8. #58
    SpankyNek's Avatar
    Posts
    12,393
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Houston (Cypress)

    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    You don't think VP counts? Why not?
    Because of limited executive duty. Most of their scope is under the direction of the President. As president of the senate, they do not debate at all, rather only are heard in case of a 50-50 tie. The President Pro-Temporie actually presides the vast majority of the time.

    They also oversee the counting of the votes of the electoral college (is there actually executive sway here? I certainly don't remember a time where actuals were inconsistent with voted delivered by a VP)

    Senators have far more executive duties than VPs (authoring legislation, sponsoring legislation, executing votes on legislation)

  9. #59
    Haha..yes sir!

    Originally Posted by fdubzou View Post
    Don't be an ignorant moron about my state.

  10. #60
    Tundra's Avatar
    Posts
    2,841
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Indian Territory

    Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    Was I wrong? Didn't Palin in a speech mention that as Gov of Alaska part of her foreign policy experience was she see could see Russia from Alaska. The female Forest Gump.
    Actually, yes you are wrong.
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/palin/seealaska.asp

    And actually you can see Russia from Alaska. The nearest point is only 2 miles apart across the Bering.
    2 users like Tundra's post: fdubzou, soonerintn


  11. #61
    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    I did not move my argument. My responses were to different allegations. I've said I think she was at least as qualified as Joe. I've also said I don't particularly care, and that women are treated differently than men--and Palin is a lightening rod. I've said these same things in numerous threads attacking her. Rather than asserting that 'she's incompetent, everyone says so,' why not give us specific things? Not soundbites or poorly responses to questions--specifics. She was effective as Alaska's governor. That is legitimate, actual executive experience. She did it well. But she's incompetent because people in a losing pres campaign said so? I still don't care--I didn't respond in this thread to defend her. It just seems I end up doing so because it's so common to parrot what the talking heads have stated about her.
    No, she's incompetent and unqualified because her basic level of geographic knowledge does not equal that of a 5th grader.


    According to Fox News Chief Political Correspondent Carl Cameron:

    there was great concern within the McCain campaign that Palin lacked a degree of knowledgeability necessary to be a running mate, a vice president, a heartbeat away from the presidency," in part because she didn't know which countries were in NAFTA, and she "didn't understand that Africa was a continent, rather than a series, a country just in itself.
    Specific enough? Or should she be speaking in tongues to be disqualified as a Vice Presidential candidate?

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/1..._n_141653.html

  12. #62
    Originally Posted by fdubzou View Post
    Alaska produces far more in natural resources than Oklahoma ever will. Ignorant people like yourself are part of the reason the Federal Government gets away with some of the bullshit they pull up here.
    And yet it has a little over 1/4th the GDP of 29th ranked Oklahoma. Let that sink in, 1/4th the GDP of OKfuckingLA-homa. Incase you were wondering, Alaska is ranked 46th fairly beaten by a state that's roughly 0.0023 times its size. I wouldn't link the wiki site if I was sure that you knew how to google. So here it is:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_GDP

    So to sum up, Oklahoma and Rhode Island are bigger players on the National scene than your state. Explains a lot about Palin and her reign as Governor there.

  13. #63
    His Royal Highness the Honorable King of LandThieves Esq. III
    SoCaliSooner's Avatar
    Posts
    8,049
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SoCal

    If only there was as much coverage on Pelosi (with over 20 years in politics)and the things she says and does as there is on palin, I think people might have some perspective on crazy ****es.

    I've seen first hand just how bat shit crazy and completely out of touch Pelosi is.
    3 users like SoCaliSooner's post: KCRuf/Nek, soonerintn, URNotserious


  14. #64
    Originally Posted by SoCaliSooner View Post
    If only there was as much coverage on Pelosi (with over 20 years in politics)and the things she says and does as there is on palin, I think people might have some perspective on crazy ****es.

    I've seen first hand just how bat shit crazy and completely out of touch Pelosi is.
    Snake oil saleswoman Pelosi:

    We have to pass the (health care) bill so you can find out what is in it

  15. #65
    .
    Last edited by soonerintn; July 19th, 2013 at 05:56 PM.

  16. #66
    SpankyNek's Avatar
    Posts
    12,393
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Houston (Cypress)

    Originally Posted by SoCaliSooner View Post
    If only there was as much coverage on Pelosi (with over 20 years in politics)and the things she says and does as there is on palin, I think people might have some perspective on crazy ****es.

    I've seen first hand just how bat shit crazy and completely out of touch Pelosi is.
    Pelosi has zero chance if she were to run for a national office.

  17. #67
    Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
    Actually, yes you are wrong.
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/palin/seealaska.asp

    And actually you can see Russia from Alaska. The nearest point is only 2 miles apart across the Bering.
    Here you go. She makes some very in-depth and fascinating points.


  18. #68
    Originally Posted by soonerintn View Post
    This statement just goes to show how misinformed our nation's voters are, taking SNL skits as fact. Don't worry, probably most of America believes what you just posted.
    What about this?

    2 users like Sinatra's post: URNotserious, Yatahaze


  19. #69
    Tundra's Avatar
    Posts
    2,841
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Indian Territory

    Originally Posted by Sinatra View Post
    Here you go. She makes some very in-depth and fascinating points.

    That was on the snopes link I already posted.

  20. #70
    Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
    That was on the snopes link I already posted.
    I only saw the brief clip from Charlie Gibson in your link. What I posted is an excerpt from her interview with Katie Couric.

  21. #71
    It was sad to see Charlie Gibson, a journalist I long-respected, sink down to the level of "gotcha" reporting. He and/or his producers were hoping for just such a moment by asking an irrelevant and obscure question to a known political rookie.

    However, I stand behind my previous statement. SP needs to go away.

  22. #72
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    41,100
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by SoCaliSooner View Post
    If only there was as much coverage on Pelosi (with over 20 years in politics)and the things she says and does as there is on palin, I think people might have some perspective on crazy ****es.

    I've seen first hand just how bat shit crazy and completely out of touch Pelosi is.
    Maybe like when Sheila Jackson Lee asked if the Mars Rover was going to go near where we left the flag?

  23. #73
    Originally Posted by ltsooner View Post
    It was sad to see Charlie Gibson, a journalist I long-respected, sink down to the level of "gotcha" reporting. He and/or his producers were hoping for just such a moment by asking an irrelevant and obscure question to a known political rookie.

    However, I stand behind my previous statement. SP needs to go away.
    Which irrelevant and obscure questions did he pose to Palin?

  24. #74

    Bad news about Sarah Palin

    Originally Posted by Sinatra View Post
    Which irrelevant and obscure questions did he pose to Palin?
    Bush doctrine.
    The following users like this post: SiggyPoke


  25. #75
    SpankyNek's Avatar
    Posts
    12,393
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Houston (Cypress)

    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Bush doctrine.
    Easy. That's when you have to tend to a wound or illness in the outback.
    The following users like this post: oucub23


  26. #76
    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Maybe like when Sheila Jackson Lee asked if the Mars Rover was going to go near where we left the flag?
    Oh, please let there be video of this somewhere. Too funny.
    The following users like this post: SiggyPoke


  27. #77
    Aurora's Avatar
    Posts
    32,786
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Dark Side

    Maybe when 87 goes to visit his niece in Wasila he can hold her tight and sing sweet republican hymns to her for comfort.

  28. #78
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    41,100
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    Maybe when 87 goes to visit his niece in Wasila he can hold her tight and sing sweet republican hymns to her for comfort.
    Why do that when there are perfectly good liberal/dem songs singing the praises of Dear Leader out there?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9J1...ctr=1359657666

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3Ywx...ctr=1359657802

    Funny. On another thread you said you weren't a lib but you never miss a chance for shitty and snarky comments that would make 3XVag proud.

  29. #79
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    41,100
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by ltsooner View Post
    Oh, please let there be video of this somewhere. Too funny.
    Still looking but here's this..

    The Hill reported in 1997 that Jackson Lee had asked NASA officials whether the Mars Pathfinder photographed the U.S. flag that Neil Armstrong had planted on Mars. When this incident was reported, her chief of staff wrote a letter to the editor suggesting that it had been racist to point out the congresswoman's error
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheila_Jackson_Lee

  30. #80
    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Still looking but here's this..



    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheila_Jackson_Lee
    Apparently unbeknownst to you both, the fact that these dumb ****es in Palin and Jackson holding these offices is really a joke on us. Not on Republicans and Democrats the parties.

    I am sure they're happy in their offices monitoring our boards in the name of "safety" and "security" watching us slinging mud at eachother.
    2 users like URNotserious's post: OUMallen, SpankyNek


  31. #81
    Aurora's Avatar
    Posts
    32,786
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Dark Side

    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Why do that when there are perfectly good liberal/dem songs singing the praises of Dear Leader out there?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9J1...ctr=1359657666

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3Ywx...ctr=1359657802

    Funny. On another thread you said you weren't a lib but you never miss a chance for shitty and snarky comments that would make 3XVag proud.
    I cut down the dems too baby, sorry I insulted your BFF 87 ... You don't give a shit about my republican thing just about 87 (admit it ) =)

  32. #82
    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Still looking but here's this..



    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheila_Jackson_Lee
    Of course ... it's racism. It's always racism.

  33. #83
    okie52's Avatar
    Posts
    7,856
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Edmond, OK

    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Still looking but here's this..



    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheila_Jackson_Lee
    Did you not see what was right above it?

    In July 2010 Jackson Lee said: "Today, we have two Vietnams, side by side, North and South, exchanging and working. We may not agree with all that North Vietnam is doing, but they are living in peace. I would look for a better human rights record for North Vietnam, but they are living side by side.”[27] It was noted that Vietnam had not been split for four decades.[28][29]

  34. #84
    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Bush doctrine.
    A question about part of the foreign policy of the then-current administration -- comprised of the same party of which Palin was a member at the time -- is irrelevant and obscure?

  35. #85
    Originally Posted by Sinatra View Post
    A question about part of the foreign policy of the then-current administration -- comprised of the same party of which Palin was a member at the time -- is irrelevant and obscure?
    Lol ... I was waiting for someone to pick the low-hanging fruit. As stated, Palin was a novice. She was a governor of a state many in the lower 48 couldn't find on a map with zero international experience. She was the wrong choice for McCain and she was clearly unprepared. She got off to a hot start, but the libs in the media couldn't wait to pick her apart.

    Gibson knew she wasn't up to speed yet and, as I said earlier, chose to play "gotcha" journalism. Is/was it a fair topic? Yes, probably. But you can tell what he was doing in the way he asked the question...(paraphrasing) "What do you think of the Bush Doctrine?". That's a very high-level question in which, I'm guessing here, if she'd knocked it out of the park, he wouldn't have had a follow-up. If he'd been serious about anything beyond "quizzing" her, he would have asked the question as part of a deeper question: "Do you think the Bush Doctrine applies as part of ... ".

    It was transparent.

    And just two more things: The Bush Doctrine has meant different things at different times. The media and the pundits have given it several variations.

    Secondly, I'm re-iterating that my post was not about defending Palin. I really do want her to get off my TV. My post was to reflect my disappointment in someone who I consider to have been a fine journalist throughout his career.

  36. #86
    Originally Posted by ltsooner View Post
    Lol ... I was waiting for someone to pick the low-hanging fruit. As stated, Palin was a novice. She was a governor of a state many in the lower 48 couldn't find on a map with zero international experience. She was the wrong choice for McCain and she was clearly unprepared. She got off to a hot start, but the libs in the media couldn't wait to pick her apart.

    Gibson knew she wasn't up to speed yet and, as I said earlier, chose to play "gotcha" journalism. Is/was it a fair topic? Yes, probably. But you can tell what he was doing in the way he asked the question...(paraphrasing) "What do you think of the Bush Doctrine?". That's a very high-level question in which, I'm guessing here, if she'd knocked it out of the park, he wouldn't have had a follow-up. If he'd been serious about anything beyond "quizzing" her, he would have asked the question as part of a deeper question: "Do you think the Bush Doctrine applies as part of ... ".

    It was transparent.

    And just two more things: The Bush Doctrine has meant different things at different times. The media and the pundits have given it several variations.

    Secondly, I'm re-iterating that my post was not about defending Palin. I really do want her to get off my TV. My post was to reflect my disappointment in someone who I consider to have been a fine journalist throughout his career.
    Gibson asked "[d]o you believe in the Bush doctrine?" Watch it on Youtube.

    If anyone thinks that question, posed to a Vice-Presidential candidate, is irrelevant and obscure, then I don't even know what to say. The fact that she was a novice, a governor of a small, state with zero international experience, etc. is completely irrelevant to the press asking her questions about her political positions. In fact, if she had known what the Bush Doctrine means, then she simply could have answered and no one would be laughing at her almost a half of a decade after that embarrassing interview.

    As for the the meaning of the Bush Doctrine after 9/11, pretty much everyone who spent five minutes a day following the news knew what it meant. She could have simply told Gibson why she did or did not believe in that Doctrine. Hard to believe you or anyone else with any objectivity would think that is a "gotcha" question or irrelevant and obscure.

  37. #87
    Originally Posted by Sinatra View Post
    Gibson asked "[d]o you believe in the Bush doctrine?" Watch it on Youtube.

    If anyone thinks that question, posed to a Vice-Presidential candidate, is irrelevant and obscure, then I don't even know what to say. The fact that she was a novice, a governor of a small, state with zero international experience, etc. is completely irrelevant to the press asking her questions about her political positions. In fact, if she had known what the Bush Doctrine means, then she simply could have answered and no one would be laughing at her almost a half of a decade after that embarrassing interview.

    As for the the meaning of the Bush Doctrine after 9/11, pretty much everyone who spent five minutes a day following the news knew what it meant. She could have simply told Gibson why she did or did not believe in that Doctrine. Hard to believe you or anyone else with any objectivity would think that is a "gotcha" question or irrelevant and obscure.
    You're looking at things with the benefit of hindsight. Hey man ... I agree ... a reputable VP candidate should have known that answer. Looking back, it seems like it's just another Palin goof.

    But at the time, the media was looking for a way to tear her down. Sadly, Charlie used his interview to poke and prod until he came up with this gem. He knew that if he got her on something it would live on and become a definitive clip of the campaign and beyond.

    Your statement of anyone who spent five minutes watching the news would know about the Bush Doctrine is a stretch. If you're that plugged in, that's great... and if you are, then you know most are not. Even the unprepared, unready Governor of Alaska.

    Yes, it was and still is a "gotcha" question. Fully scripted. To think otherwise is a bit naive and gives too much credit to the news media ... even an icon like CG.

    His follow-up question of "What do you interpret it to be?" further exposes his reason for asking the original question. He was clearly asking -- from the get-go -- if she knew what it was, guised in the "Do you agree with it?" question. If the definition was as universally-known as you and Charlie seem to believe, then of course she agrees with something President Bush had put in motnion. There's no reason to even ask that question to begin with. It's like asking a liberal if they agree with univeral healthcare.

  38. #88
    fdubzou's Avatar
    Posts
    7,786
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Juneau, Alaska

    Bad news about Sarah Palin

    Originally Posted by URNotserious View Post
    And yet it has a little over 1/4th the GDP of 29th ranked Oklahoma. Let that sink in, 1/4th the GDP of OKfuckingLA-homa. Incase you were wondering, Alaska is ranked 46th fairly beaten by a state that's roughly 0.0023 times its size. I wouldn't link the wiki site if I was sure that you knew how to google. So here it is:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_GDP

    So to sum up, Oklahoma and Rhode Island are bigger players on the National scene than your state. Explains a lot about Palin and her reign as Governor there.
    Might want to do a little more research. Per capita Alaska's GSP is rank is 3.

    Furthermore, Alaska does have to import most of its goods from out of state, that comes with the territory of being remote and sparsely populated. This, and the fact that the state's population is so little are the reasons the total rank is low.

    Alaska is number 3 in oil production, but easily could and should be number 1 if it wasn't for gross federal overreach and hypocrisy.
    2 users like fdubzou's post: Aurora, cosmoxl


  39. #89
    SpankyNek's Avatar
    Posts
    12,393
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Houston (Cypress)

    Originally Posted by fdubzou View Post
    Might want to do a little more research. Per capita Alaska's GSP is rank is 3.
    #1?

    The wealth of resources that is Washington DC.

  40. #90
    Originally Posted by ltsooner View Post
    But at the time, the media was looking for a way to tear her down.
    Do you have any proof of that? All she had to do was sound competent while giving a reasonable answer and she never would have become the laughingstock of this country. Stop blaming the media for all that went wrong with McCain's disastrous pick. It was on Palin. All on Palin, and all preventable if she was even somewhat competent.

  41. #91
    .
    Last edited by soonerintn; July 19th, 2013 at 05:53 PM.

  42. #92
    Originally Posted by soonerintn View Post
    That's just BS. The libs and the MSM were on the attack as soon as she was nominated. She isn't the idiot that the MSM would like her to be nor as she is portrayed in pop culture. Sure, she wasn't a great pick, but then again, neither was McCain.

    The fact that she is a conservative, successful woman just pisses off the libs and they can't have that.
    Yes, it's the media's fault that all of those failed attempts at coherence came flowing straight from Palin's mouth. Blame the media! Even Fox News covered her incompetence and skewered her for it, so don't forget to add them to your conspiracy list.

  43. #93
    Sancho's Avatar
    Posts
    5,230
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Land of milk and honey

    Originally Posted by Sinatra View Post
    Yes, it's the media's fault that all of those failed attempts at coherence came flowing straight from Palin's mouth. Blame the media! Even Fox News covered her incompetence and skewered her for it, so don't forget to add them to your conspiracy list.
    Biden says more stupid and incoherent things in a month than Palin has said her entire life, and that is despite him being muzzled by Obama. Why does the media not skewer him for it? They didnt in 08 and they still dont to this day.

    Look, you are generally a good poster, but you are either incredibly naive or just being intentionally obtuse if you are going to sit there and act like the media didnt attack Palin with a ferocity and bias never before seen in national politics. And on a larger point, pretending that the both elections werent essentially won FOR Obama by the media is just ****ing silly. Come on man, it's over. There is no point in lying about it anymore.

    Let me guess, you still pretend you REALLY want John Kerry to be the president in 2004?

  44. #94
    SpankyNek's Avatar
    Posts
    12,393
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Houston (Cypress)

    Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
    Biden says more stupid and incoherent things in a month than Palin has said her entire life, and that is despite him being muzzled by Obama. Why does the media not skewer him for it? They didnt in 08 and they still dont to this day.

    Look, you are generally a good poster, but you are either incredibly naive or just being intentionally obtuse if you are going to sit there and act like the media didnt attack Palin with a ferocity and bias never before seen in national politics. And on a larger point, pretending that the both elections werent essentially won FOR Obama by the media is just ****ing silly. Come on man, it's over. There is no point in lying about it anymore.

    Let me guess, you still pretend you REALLY want John Kerry to be the president in 2004?
    I don't think that it was the Media's fault. The general perception was that she wasn't ready, and the media went out (of their way, admittedly) and proved it.

    The difference between her and Joe can best be illustrated as "defensive" vs. "self deprecating"

  45. #95
    Originally Posted by Sinatra View Post
    Do you have any proof of that? All she had to do was sound competent while giving a reasonable answer and she never would have become the laughingstock of this country. Stop blaming the media for all that went wrong with McCain's disastrous pick. It was on Palin. All on Palin, and all preventable if she was even somewhat competent.
    HA HA HA HA ... holy shit, that's the best laugh I've had all day. Are you serious? Do I have proof? If you don't think the proof is between every commercial break, then you are just another delusional lib who thinks the world is just like is reported by the MSM. Don't question MSNBC!!!

  46. #96
    Aurora's Avatar
    Posts
    32,786
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Dark Side

    Originally Posted by SoCaliSooner View Post
    If only there was as much coverage on Pelosi (with over 20 years in politics)and the things she says and does as there is on palin, I think people might have some perspective on crazy ****es.

    I've seen first hand just how bat shit crazy and completely out of touch Pelosi is.
    she is a vile wretched human, and at least when they were covering Palin the scenery was good... Pelosi is nasty
    The following users like this post: ltsooner


  47. #97
    fdubzou's Avatar
    Posts
    7,786
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Juneau, Alaska

    Bad news about Sarah Palin

    Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    #1?

    The wealth of resources that is Washington DC.
    Alaska doesn't have any large scale manufacturing, refinery for oil, or agricultural sector, states' main exports.

    Clinton basically decimated the timber industry in this state with massive federal overreach and environmental regulations that actually violate ANCSA, forcing the closure of nearly all pulp mills.

    Considering Alaska is basically shipping raw commodities, it's rank is pretty damn good.

  48. #98
    Yuck Fu's Avatar
    Posts
    5,474
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ah so, mutha fucka.

    Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
    Actually, yes you are wrong.
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/palin/seealaska.asp

    And actually you can see Russia from Alaska. The nearest point is only 2 miles apart across the Bering.
    The Bering strait is 53 miles across at it's narrowest point.

    Apparently you can see a Russian Island from an Alaskan island in the Bering but they are further apart than two miles. Supposedly there is another place on an island that you can see Siberia as well. So Palin is technically correct.

    However she made another comment that shows her lack of knowledge concerning Russia when she said (paraphrase) "When Putin rears his ugly head and comes to America he flies over Alaska." Flight patterns from Russia go nowhere near Alaska.

  49. #99
    Sancho's Avatar
    Posts
    5,230
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Land of milk and honey

    It is 2.4 miles from Alaska to Russia (soil to soil).

  50. #100
    Yuck Fu's Avatar
    Posts
    5,474
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ah so, mutha fucka.

    Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
    It is 2.4 miles from Alaska to Russia (soil to soil).
    The are the Diomede islands apparently. Boy am I glad for that .4 of a mile or I'd be wrong.

Similar Threads

  1. Think If Say, Sarah Palin, Had Done This
    By KCRuf/Nek in forum ThunderDome
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: January 7th, 2014, 10:36 PM
  2. Sarah Palin's Retarded Kid
    By SarasotaSooner in forum ThunderDome
    Replies: 219
    Last Post: November 24th, 2013, 09:51 PM
  3. Breaking news about Sarah Palin
    By Sinatra in forum ThunderDome
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: July 30th, 2012, 07:28 PM