The Americans on FX

Posted 1729 day(s) ago by Reclaimer50523 Views 373 Replies
Page 8 of 8 6 7 8

Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    Martha is definitely a wild card. With her being in the USSR it's hard to see how her story comes full circle...she and Philip end up together somehow?
    i think the wildcard factor is exactly why Gabriel paid her a visit
    The following users like this post: mgsooner

my thoughts on how the show ends - Phillip and Elizabeth are starting to questioning their purpose and direction from the Center - Phillip more so than Elizabeth

Henry will go off to school - i don't think they go back to the motherland...i think the Center tips their hand on ending them, and they go on the lam

Originally Posted by Sooner JK View Post
    my thoughts on how the show ends - Phillip and Elizabeth are starting to questioning their purpose and direction from the Center - Phillip more so than Elizabeth

Henry will go off to school - i don't think they go back to the motherland...i think the Center tips their hand on ending them, and they go on the lam
    Nah, that's too "happily ever after" for this show. Somebody's gotta die.

Spoiler:
    Well, the season be over. I think there will only be 10 episodes in the 6th (and last) season. Will Eliz. and Phillip be outed? Will Stan find out their status as spies? Does Oleg get put in jail or offed by the Ruskies? Will Henry's head explode if/when he finds out his parents are commie dogs? Will Paige find out about the many folks her parents have killed, and that she was lied to about the purpose of wheat research by the USA?

Huh. Appears Elizabeth has become more Americanized than she realized.

Also, Stan is ****ed.

Elizabeth more Americanized? She wanted out -then at the very mention of a good lead on an operation, she's all back in....she is as committed to the motherland cause as ever

The suggestion that Phillip just run the travel agency was interesting.....they are either going to be pulled/split apart next season - or seen as weak by the Center and ended

I still see them all going on the lam to escape their current lives but the kids are mucking things up with that

Did you not pay attention to the scene of Elizabeth looking at all of her...stuff...and the look on her face? Then as soon as she's presented with a reason not to leave, she immediately took it?
    2 users like mgsooner's post: land burglar73507, yoshi

I think Elizabeth appreciates the life she has in the US, but knows what the bigger picture is. She would continue to do what she knows, but is willing to give it up for her family. Phillip wants out, but doesn't necessarily want to go back to Russia.

JK may be right, in that they may be pulled apart. With Martha still in the picture, Phillip may go back without them, find his son, hook up with Martha. Elizabeth stays, her new partner is Paige. Hard to say what happens to Henry, maybe he'll get to go to the school and become an FBI agent.

I think Stan is ****ed also.

Lots of options left in this show. Something will still happen with Oleg.

Did you not pay attention to the scene of Elizabeth looking at all of her...stuff...and the look on her face? Then as soon as she's presented with a reason not to leave, she immediately took it?
    Well that can be interpreted one of two ways - that she loves living in america. Or that she's committed to continuing to work for the motherland

Maybe a mix of both
    2 users like Sooner JK's post: mgsooner, SoonerNow

Coincidence to see this at the top today...I just started watching The Americans as my cardio fodder at the gym! Really enjoying it so far. Bowing out of the thread to avoid spoilers, though.

Well that can be interpreted one of two ways - that she loves living in america. Or that she's committed to continuing to work for the motherland

Maybe a mix of both
    To me it was the look on her face. The scene starts out with her looking almost longingly at the clothes/shoes in her closet. She even feels the fabric of one of her dresses. Then she gets this kind of shocked look on her face, like "what am I doing?" Then she proceeds to look around the house at all of her other stuff. The look on her face never read to me that she was repulsed by what she was feeling, more just surprised. I have to figure that scene was put in there for a reason, especially given that it was very soon followed by the scene between her and Phillip. It would be an interesting storyline for the final season to have Elizabeth, who has always been the hardliner, to begin to "soften."

I like the theory that Phillip returns to Russia without Elizabeth for some reason. We're being shown these scenes with his son and with Martha for a reason.

I wonder if Phillip is going to find out for certain that Stan's gal pal is in fact a Russian agent and decide to do something drastic like out himself in order to save Stan. Probably won't go down exactly that way but something is going to happen there. I can't see Stan just going down and that's the end of his arc.
    The following users like this post: the-rover

I hope this show will end the way no one will guess, but it's fun to try to figure it out.

Stan's girlfriend is a bit of a wild card. No way her character has this big of a part if she's not a spy. I can't decide if the writers of the show are trying to tie up loose ends with Martha, Pastor Tim, Kimmy and Tuan, or if they still have roles to play in the end. Oleg role isn't done yet.

I think pastor Tim and his wife are toast. Whether or not Paige finds out the Russians killed them will be a large part of her outcome.

Obviously, with Kimmy's dad getting promoted, somebody must continue to get recordings....Tuan? Maybe too young for Kimmy. Big responsibility for him if they did.

Martha being able to adopt is a good way to end her story, but it just seems like there may be something else that needs to happen with her. Can Oleg find her and get her to help identify Phillip? Or does Phillip come back to Russia by himself and find her? Would she be happy to see him? Phillip's son must still play a part.

I'm going to miss this show when it's over.

The thing I think is the most likely to happen from all the possibilities is that Pastor Tim and Alice mysteriously or accidentally die, down in Argentina.

I think the series will end with the fall of the Soviet Union and they'll get to stay. Henry does off to boarding school, he never plays much of a roll anyways. Stans GF is a spy no doubt, the Russians always used women to lure our spys or get secrets from them. No doubt about it now after she told him he should stay in his current job. That should've tipped him off right there. I wish Paige would get to go to Russia to see how they actually live over there. I get tired of seeing that damn worried look on her face all the time. Should've never killed off Nina. I liked dat ass

Originally Posted by land burglar73507 View Post
    I think the series will end with the fall of the Soviet Union and they'll get to stay. Henry does off to boarding school, he never plays much of a roll anyways. Stans GF is a spy no doubt, the Russians always used women to lure our spys or get secrets from them. No doubt about it now after she told him he should stay in his current job. That should've tipped him off right there. I wish Paige would get to go to Russia to see how they actually live over there. I get tired of seeing that damn worried look on her face all the time. Should've never killed off Nina. I liked dat ass
    Anyone who remains loyal to Russia/USSR after what Jos. Stalin did to that country needed to have a psyche evaluation, and by a real shrink.

We've been given several mentions now of who Pastor Tim's replacement will be. My theory is that Pastor Tim will tell Paige he's passing her secret along to his replacement and then the shit will hit the fan for he and his ****y wife.

We've been given several mentions now of who Pastor Tim's replacement will be. My theory is that Pastor Tim will tell Paige he's passing her secret along to his replacement and then the shit will hit the fan for he and his ****y wife.
    IMO Pastor Tim and Alice think they are safe from rough handling/death by P or E or any other designated Russian agent...so, they just might do something that foolish.

Well, that would give Paige a taste of what her parents really are.
    2 users like the-rover's post: mgsooner, SoonerNow

spoilers within...

The Americans Completes Its Evolution into TV's Most Remarkable Family Drama

The Americans’ attention, over the course of five seasons, has moved inexorably in this direction, changing from the case-of-the-week structure of Season One and the cat-and-mouse games of Season Two to Paige’s coming-of-age in Season Three, Philip’s almost adulterous affection for Martha (Alison Wright) in Season Four, and now Season Five’s multigenerational saga of families both fictive and real. “The Soviet Division,” then, is the culmination of the series’ defining ambition: It renders explicit the double entendre of The Americans, in which the title’s playful allusion to Philip and Elizabeth’s false identities has since come closer in affect to Theodore Dreiser than to John Le Carré.
    2 users like VUGear's post: SoonerNow, the-rover

Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    If this thread becomes a VUGear Keri pic dumping zone, you're gonna have a size 5 1/2 high heel wedged in your booty.
    Token off-season Keri black leather miniskirt pic bump...

The following users like this post: SoonerNow

#Keribump

The following users like this post: SoonerNow

Please don't VU up this thread with celebrity pics...its a discussion thread about the show

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: land burglar73507

Five pics in four and half years? Pshaw...

Please don't VU up this thread with celebrity pics...its a discussion thread about the show

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    I got an email from Pastor Tim in Argentina. He's been there since the 1980's, and has become Fluent in Russian. Also he mentioned that Alice died of a heart attack in flight, way back in 1984. Paige Jennings has been living with him since she left Russia in 1988.