My church hates the gays

Posted 693 day(s) ago by SoonerSean038281 Views 385 Replies
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4

Originally Posted by AcousticSoup View Post
    You can when Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed because of the butt ****ing that happened there.
    Actually, if I remember correctly, when you read the S/G passage, they were punished for trying to **** an angel. That's what specifically happened, right?

So, the following conclusions would all be reasonable:
    1. Don't **** angels.
    2. Don't **** anyone.
    3. Be nice and hospitable to outsiders.
    4. Don't put ****es in boy buttholes.

Just sayin'.

Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    Sean, if you want a tolerant church and live in the metro area, my wife and I go to Mayflower United Church of Christ and would be happy to sit on your face.
    Fify..sorry, I just couldn't resist.
    The following users like this post: Gonzo

My church hates the gays

Sean, if you want a tolerant church and live in the metro area, my wife and I go to Mayflower United Church of Christ and would be happy to sit with you.
    If you don't mind brown shoes with gray pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sean, if you want a tolerant church and live in the metro area, my wife and I go to Mayflower United Church of Christ and would be happy to sit with you.
    YOU go to a Church of Christ churc?!?! Or is that different?

Originally Posted by OUMallen View Post
    YOU go to a Church of Christ churc?!?! Or is that different?
    United church of Christ is very different from church of Christ.

Originally Posted by okie52 View Post
    United church of Christ is very different from church of Christ.
    That's what I figured. OOO seems pretty moderate to be a Church of Christ churchgoer.

Re: My church hates the gays

Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    so you're no longer attending a doc church?
    I grew up in DOC. I haven't found a congregation I like in Oklahoma so my wife and I tried out Mayflower on my Aunt's recommendation (she teaches at Philips Seminary in Tulsa and my uncle is dean). Funny story, the minister exists to piss off Baptists it seems. He writes in the Gazette every now and then and it just eats at the local clergy.

Actually, if I remember correctly, when you read the S/G passage, they were punished for trying to **** an angel. That's what specifically happened, right?

1. Don't **** angels.
    2. Don't **** anyone.

Just sayin'.
    Relevant passage:

19 The two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city. When he saw them, he got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground. 2 “My lords,” he said, “please turn aside to your servant’s house. You can wash your feet and spend the night and then go on your way early in the morning.”

“No,” they answered, “we will spend the night in the square.”

3 But he insisted so strongly that they did go with him and entered his house. He prepared a meal for them, baking bread without yeast, and they ate. 4 Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom—both young and old—surrounded the house. 5 They called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.”

6 Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him 7 and said, “No, my friends. Don’t do this wicked thing. 8 Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don’t do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof.”

9 “Get out of our way,” they replied. “This fellow came here as a foreigner, and now he wants to play the judge! We’ll treat you worse than them.” They kept bringing pressure on Lot and moved forward to break down the door.

10 But the men inside reached out and pulled Lot back into the house and shut the door. 11 Then they struck the men who were at the door of the house, young and old, with blindness so that they could not find the door.

12 The two men said to Lot, “Do you have anyone else here—sons-in-law, sons or daughters, or anyone else in the city who belongs to you? Get them out of here, 13 because we are going to destroy this place. The outcry to the Lord against its people is so great that he has sent us to destroy it.”

Originally Posted by SoonerSean03 View Post
    Will know later. They only need 680-something and the place was packed. So I'm sure it will pass easily. I doubt it would have gotten this far wo knowledge they would hit the number. The folks next to us voted no. So there's at least four.

How do you hate the sin but love the sinner if you make it clear the sinner isn't welcome?

Elass said 815 people voted to leave the denomination, while 55 people cast votes against severing ties.
    looks like you were a fish out of water and didn't know it.....

looks like you were a fish out of water and didn't know it.....
    So was Jesus. Good on you, Sean!!

So was Jesus. Good on you, Sean!!
    yeah....this is just like Jesus....
    why did i ever doubt your self proclaimed critical thinker status......

yeah....this is just like Jesus....
    why did i ever doubt your self proclaimed critical thinker status......
    That negativity will eat you up inside, 87. Love your neighbor.

My church hates the gays

That negativity will eat you up inside, 87. Love your neighbor.
    He sprays it around too much for it to stay inside.
    The following users like this post: brokebacksooner

Relevant passage:

19 The two angels arrived at Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gateway of the city. When he saw them, he got up to meet them and bowed down with his face to the ground. 2 “My lords,” he said, “please turn aside to your servant’s house. You can wash your feet and spend the night and then go on your way early in the morning.”

“No,” they answered, “we will spend the night in the square.”

3 But he insisted so strongly that they did go with him and entered his house. He prepared a meal for them, baking bread without yeast, and they ate. 4 Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom—both young and old—surrounded the house. 5 They called to Lot, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.”

6 Lot went outside to meet them and shut the door behind him 7 and said, “No, my friends. Don’t do this wicked thing. 8 Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don’t do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof.”

9 “Get out of our way,” they replied. “This fellow came here as a foreigner, and now he wants to play the judge! We’ll treat you worse than them.” They kept bringing pressure on Lot and moved forward to break down the door.

10 But the men inside reached out and pulled Lot back into the house and shut the door. 11 Then they struck the men who were at the door of the house, young and old, with blindness so that they could not find the door.

12 The two men said to Lot, “Do you have anyone else here—sons-in-law, sons or daughters, or anyone else in the city who belongs to you? Get them out of here, 13 because we are going to destroy this place. The outcry to the Lord against its people is so great that he has sent us to destroy it.”
    awesome passage...they first wanted to **** men, then Lot says no take my daughters and have your way with them but don't do anything to these men b/c they are under my protection

truly inspiring words there haha, WTF

Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    awesome passage...they first wanted to **** men, then Lot says no take my daughters and have your way with them but don't do anything to these men b/c they are under my protection

truly inspiring words there haha, WTF
    Hahahaha yeah, that's pretty cray. "Here, **** these!!!"

Jeez Lot. And talk about awkward after the men refused to **** the daughters, and they all survived. "Thanks a lot DAD!" Thanksgiving was awwwwwwkwaaaaard.
    2 users like OUMallen's post: greensooner, OnlyOneOklahoma

Hahahaha yeah, that's pretty cray. "Here, **** these!!!"

Jeez Lot. And talk about awkward after the men refused to **** the daughters, and they all survived. "Thanks a lot DAD!" Thanksgiving was awwwwwwkwaaaaard.
    he was prolly a lawyer......a critical thinking lawyer.....

Who shat in your cereal this AM, 87? (Probably a line of willing participants...)

Bad weekend? It's OK, snookums, you can tell us!

have you ever had sex with a man? if not, I don't know if you're fully qualified to say what profession Lot had

I think he was a pimp, dude was just trying to get that paper

have you ever had sex with a man? if not, I don't know if you're fully qualified to say what profession Lot had

I think he was a pimp, dude was just trying to get that paper
    no i have not....
    why do you think because you have had sex with a man.......that makes you fully qualified to say?
    i do appreciate your honesty tho....
    anyone else here fully qualified? i mean besides bbs of course...

no i have not....
    why do you think because you have had sex with a man.......that you are fully qualified to say?
    no but if we're just gonna throw out random things I figured I might as well add my input to the conversation

and you didn't have to take that post literally, it was in gest...I didn't think you've really had sex with a man but now I'm starting to question that

no i have not....
    why do you think because you have had sex with a man.......that makes you fully qualified to say?
    It's not gay if you get paid, 87.
    The following users like this post: greensooner

It's not gay if you get paid, 87.
    so you're a non-gay critical thinking lawyer who gets paid to take it up the ass? how much does greensooner pay you? when you file your taxes.....do you make more as a lawyer or a gay prostitute?

this is getting boring.....where did all the anti-christian hater-labeling dumbazzes go?

I'm for freedom of religion.

so you're a non-gay critical thinking lawyer who gets paid to take it up the ass? how much does greensooner pay you? when you file your taxes.....do you make more as a lawyer or a gay prostitute?

this is getting boring.....where did all the anti-christian hater-labeling dumbazzes go?
    I don't report my gay prostitution income.

You sound upset, you require an antithesis to all your posts or you feel unfulfilled for the day don't you?
    The following users like this post: OUMallen

nor should you, your body is a temple and I believe all temples are exempt from taxes

You should, it's amazing how many write offs you can have.

You sound upset, you require an antithesis to all your posts or you feel unfulfilled for the day don't you?
    If he's not trying to cut someone down or be mean, he's bored. Pathetic, really.

Awwwww..... Sublime and I complete you!

Originally Posted by andymancan20 View Post
    How much of the vote centered on laity being gay and that of ordaining gay clergy? I can see many not wanting to ordain but would be ok with homosexuals to be a regular part of church
    the vote to split from presbyterian usa was a result of 2 issues....
    1) ordaining homosexuals
    2) presbyterian usa does not allow its churches to marry same sex couples......but it is apparently being done.......and presbyterian usa is taking no action against those churches....

i don't know of any main line churches that deny membership to homosexuals....

Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    Ban churches?
    Heck yeah. Im all over that bandwagon.
    2 users like beelzeBob's post: OnlyOneOklahoma, Sooner 4 Life

Originally Posted by Yuck Fu View Post
    I don't mind gays so much as I hate First Presbyterian Church Edmond. Got married there once.
    Been to many weddings and funerals there.

1. Don't **** angels.
    2. Don't **** anyone.

Just sayin'.
    sodom was not destroyed because the men wanted to **** an angel...
    it was destroyed because of the behavior of everyone in the town prior to the angels' fact finding tour...

genesis 18: 20 Then the LORD said, “The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous 21 that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know.”
    The following users like this post: Preterist

LOL. We've sadly had two father's funerals there. More happily two baptisms. So we really are sad to leave.

To be honest, I don't hate the church but I was pretty upset when they let Joel Baker go. I don't know if you were there when that happened but he has been a friend of the family for many years and had put in years at the 1st Presby.

it was destroyed because of the behavior of everyone in the town prior to the angels' fact finding tour...

genesis 18: 20 Then the LORD said, “The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous 21 that I will go down and see if what they have done is as bad as the outcry that has reached me. If not, I will know.”

wait... shouldn't god have already known this?
    The following users like this post: OUMallen

no i have not....
    Not for the lack of thinking about it; hell it seems it's all you think about some days.

My church hates the gays

Where's the gay sex?

Rewriting the Bible is rampant now, everyone trying to conform God into their own image.

God is weak.

My church hates the gays

Anything short of performing fellatio on a gay person is hatred.

dealwithitObama.gif
    The following users like this post: Teo9969

Re: My church hates the gays

If nothing is impossible for Jesus Christ then when is he bringing world peace? Never. He's powerless.

Some less than others. Mine hates 'em. This will be our last day of attendance. Kind of hard to teach our kids to be tolerant and understanding when the church we've taken them to for years has decided that's not the message they want to send.

And sorry mods - move this to the dome when ready.
    Not everything needs to be tolerated!!!

SoonerBounce Guest
    still waiting on s response

Originally Posted by SoonerBounce View Post
    I'm still waiting for Bible quotations that state a little more clearly that S&G were destroyed because men were having sex with men.

i'm anticipating it as well...should be interesting if not entertaining....

I'm still waiting for Bible quotations that state a little more clearly that S&G were destroyed because men were having sex with men.
    you want scripture saying that s&g were destroyed specifically and ONLY because of male homo sex?
    i'm not aware of any....
    do you think the gay homo sex had no impact on God's decision?

You're effectively doing what you lament others doing.

SoonerBounce Guest
    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    You're effectively doing what you lament others doing.
    and what would that be?

and what would that be?
    Mocking b/c someone doesn't share your belief system.