scouts going gay...

Posted 668 day(s) ago by 87sooner3291 Views 181 Replies
Results 151 to 182 of 182
Page 4 of 4 2 3 4
  1. #151
    Originally Posted by Troker View Post
    Heterosexual women camp with Boy Scouts all the time.
    I didn't say they didn't, I said it's the same thing. I have 2 daughters that are in Girl Scouts and men aren't allowed at overnight events. (If they were my girls wouldn't be going). For the same reason gay men shouldn't be allowed at Boy Scout overnight events. The same for heterosexual women at Boy Scout overnight events, and lesbians at Girl Scout overnight events. With that being said I do realize their is a much lower chance of a woman being the abuser regardless of sexual orientation. Men on the other hand are much much greater percentage of the abusers, again regardless of their sexual orientation. I would be much more afraid of heterosexual men at a GS overnight event than a gay men at a BS overnight event, even though I believe neither should be there.

  2. #152
    Aurora's Avatar
    Posts
    32,247
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Dark Side

    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    do they share tents?

    women scout leaders is a problem...
    How is this a problem. I have the ability to teach the things BSA wants the kids to learn, plus after 8th grade your child is eligible for Sea Scouts and Co-Ed Venture Scouts. I am a heterosexual woman who does not have sex with little boys and I see no issue with women scout leaders or male girl scout leaders. There are a lot of dads out there who are awesome with their daughters and have no sexual desire for under aged girls.
    Just like teachers, church clergy and people of other authority. The situations are individual and can't be generalized.

  3. #153
    Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    How is this a problem. I have the ability to teach the things BSA wants the kids to learn, plus after 8th grade your child is eligible for Sea Scouts and Co-Ed Venture Scouts. I am a heterosexual woman who does not have sex with little boys and I see no issue with women scout leaders or male girl scout leaders. There are a lot of dads out there who are awesome with their daughters and have no sexual desire for under aged girls.
    Just like teachers, church clergy and people of other authority. The situations are individual and can't be generalized.
    can you piss on the campfire while standing up?

  4. #154
    Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    How is this a problem. I have the ability to teach the things BSA wants the kids to learn, plus after 8th grade your child is eligible for Sea Scouts and Co-Ed Venture Scouts. I am a heterosexual woman who does not have sex with little boys and I see no issue with women scout leaders or male girl scout leaders. There are a lot of dads out there who are awesome with their daughters and have no sexual desire for under aged girls.
    Just like teachers, church clergy and people of other authority. The situations are individual and can't be generalized.
    In a perfect world it wouldn't be! As you know it isn't a perfect world! Not a chance in hell would I allow my daughters go to a camp with male leaders and staff. Unless every child has a parent accompanying them. You can call me over protective, I'm okay with that.

  5. #155
    Troker's Avatar
    Posts
    2,671
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Not far enough away from Stillwater.

    Originally Posted by JDShellnutt View Post
    In a perfect world it wouldn't be! As you know it isn't a perfect world! Not a chance in hell would I allow my daughters go to a camp with male leaders and staff. Unless every child has a parent accompanying them. You can call me over protective, I'm okay with that.
    So you're okay with the BSA getting rid of its stance on homosexuals so long as people attracted to men aren't allowed on overnight camping trips?

  6. #156
    Originally Posted by Troker View Post
    So you're okay with the BSA getting rid of its stance on homosexuals so long as people attracted to men aren't allowed on overnight camping trips?
    I'm sorry you don't understand my point. Maybe if you read it again a few times, or maybe just really slow.

  7. #157
    Troker's Avatar
    Posts
    2,671
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Not far enough away from Stillwater.

    Originally Posted by JDShellnutt View Post
    I'm sorry you don't understand my point. Maybe if you read it again a few times, or maybe just really slow.
    I'm sorry you (like so many others) fail to understand that homosexuality ≠ pedophilia.

    Glad to have you in the 'dome, though. You'll fit in well.

  8. #158
    Originally Posted by Troker View Post
    I'm sorry you (like so many others) fail to understand that homosexuality ≠ pedophilia.

    Glad to have you in the 'dome, though. You'll fit in well.
    Again you missed my point, maybe try reading it really slow, use a dictionary if you need to.

  9. #159
    Troker's Avatar
    Posts
    2,671
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Not far enough away from Stillwater.

    Originally Posted by JDShellnutt View Post
    Again you missed my point, maybe try reading it really slow, use a dictionary if you need to.
    You've even got the no content "You-didn't-understand-me!" rebuttal down already. You're assimilating well.

    Originally Posted by JDShellnutt View Post
    I have 2 daughters that are in Girl Scouts and men aren't allowed at overnight events. (If they were my girls wouldn't be going). For the same reason gay men shouldn't be allowed at Boy Scout overnight events. The same for heterosexual women at Boy Scout overnight events, and lesbians at Girl Scout overnight events.
    So it sounds like what you don't want is people who are attracted to a certain gender spending time with children of that gender at overnight events... which led me to ask:

    Originally Posted by Troker View Post
    So you're okay with the BSA getting rid of its stance on homosexuals so long as people attracted to men aren't allowed on overnight camping trips?
    You said hetero women and gay men(people attracted to men) shouldn't be allowed to go on overnight trips with scouts, I'm just wondering if that is the limit of your concern.

  10. #160
    Originally Posted by Troker View Post
    You've even got the no content "You-didn't-understand-me!" rebuttal down already. You're assimilating well.



    So it sounds like what you don't want is people who are attracted to a certain gender spending time with children of that gender at overnight events... which led me to ask:



    You said hetero women and gay men(people attracted to men) shouldn't be allowed to go on overnight trips with scouts, I'm just wondering if that is the limit of your concern.
    It's really a pretty simple concept, I'm not sure what you're not understanding.
    I have no problems with gay people, it's not my thing but what you want to do is your business. So lets try this again:

    If you are attracted to men, or are a female you don't go camping with young boys unless they are yours, or their parent is there.
    If you are attracted to women, or you are a male don't go camping with young girls unless they are yours, or their parent is there.
    If you are attracted to both you don't get to go camping with children unless they are yours, or their parent is there.
    If you are attracted to children you don't get to go camping with children, and should be in prison.

    So whatever scenario you wish to run past me, just use the above rules and you'll have your answer.
    Last edited by JDShellnutt; January 30th, 2013 at 09:53 PM.

  11. #161
    Aurora's Avatar
    Posts
    32,247
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Dark Side

    Re: scouts going gay...

    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    can you piss on the campfire while standing up?
    Not one book or training from the scouts can I find this

  12. #162
    okie52's Avatar
    Posts
    7,749
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Edmond, OK

    Obama says Boy Scouts should allow gay members, women should be allowed in combat roles


    02-03-2013 05:36 PM CST |By NEDRA PICKLER, Associated Press

    WASHINGTON (Associated Press) --
    President Barack Obama said Sunday that gays should be allowed in the Boy Scouts and women should be allowed in military combat roles, weighing in on two storied American institutions facing proposals to end long-held exclusions.

    The president's comments in a pre-Super Bowl interview on CBS come ahead of this week's meeting of the Boy Scouts' national executive board. A proposal to open up the Scouts' membership to gays is expected to be discussed and possibly voted on at the gathering in Texas.

    The Boy Scouts emphatically reaffirmed the no-gays policy just seven months ago, but announced last week they were considering changing the stance. Instead of mandatory exclusion of gays, the different religious and civic groups that sponsor Scout units would be able to decide for themselves how to address the issue _ either maintaining the exclusion or opening up their membership.

    The White House said in a statement last August that Obama opposed the gay ban. Obama, like presidents for the last century, serves as honorary president of the group. The president's comment Sunday was his first since the group announced it was considering a policy change.

    "My attitude is that gays and lesbians should have access and opportunity the same way everybody else does in every institution and walk of life," Obama said. "The Scouts are a great institution that are promoting young people and exposing them to opportunities and leadership that will serve people for the rest of their lives. And I think nobody should be barred from that."

  13. #163
    Sooner Bob's Avatar
    Posts
    6,271
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    North of Waterloo Road

    Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    How is this a problem. I have the ability to teach the things BSA wants the kids to learn, plus after 8th grade your child is eligible for Sea Scouts and Co-Ed Venture Scouts. I am a heterosexual woman who does not have sex with little boys and I see no issue with women scout leaders or male girl scout leaders. There are a lot of dads out there who are awesome with their daughters and have no sexual desire for under aged girls.
    Just like teachers, church clergy and people of other authority. The situations are individual and can't be generalized.
    I'm not sure I'd want my daughters on an overnight trip with a male scoutmaster without a female adult present . . .

  14. #164
    Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    Not one book or training from the scouts can I find this
    you didn't answer my question...

  15. #165
    SpankyNek's Avatar
    Posts
    12,393
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Houston (Cypress)

    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    you didn't answer my question...
    A: Depends upon the size of the fire.

    You're welcome.

  16. #166
    VUGear's Avatar
    Posts
    1,720
    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Vote to Eliminate Ban on Gays in Boy Scouts Is on Agenda at Board Meeting



    “The proposed change is a good thing for scouting and a good thing for young men and women,” the committee’s chairman, A. J. Kreimer, said in an interview.
    Girls joining the boy scouts now?

  17. #167
    okie52's Avatar
    Posts
    7,749
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Edmond, OK

    Originally Posted by VUGear View Post
    Surely that would be the next evolutionary step.

  18. #168
    okie52's Avatar
    Posts
    7,749
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Edmond, OK

    National Jewish chair on scouting?

  19. #169
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    40,474
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by JDShellnutt View Post
    In a perfect world it wouldn't be! As you know it isn't a perfect world! Not a chance in hell would I allow my daughters go to a camp with male leaders and staff. Unless every child has a parent accompanying them. You can call me over protective, I'm okay with that.
    Even if nothing is wrong it's a recipe for disaster. I was never alone with one of my daughter's friends. If they needed a ride home my daughter went with me. I didn't want to put myself in a position where anything could be alleged at any time. Any accusation, no matter how untrue, would ruin a man's life.

  20. #170
    Sooner Bob's Avatar
    Posts
    6,271
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    North of Waterloo Road

    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Even if nothing is wrong it's a recipe for disaster. I was never alone with one of my daughter's friends. If they needed a ride home my daughter went with me. I didn't want to put myself in a position where anything could be alleged at any time. Any accusation, no matter how untrue, would ruin a man's life.
    Exactly.

    There is no way I'd go on an overnight trip with my daughters and some of their friends in a situation like being discussed here without my wife . . . even then I'd try to get out of it.

  21. #171
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    40,474
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Sounds as if the Scouts are putting this on hold for a bit. No word yet from the first gay Scoutmaster in Chief.

    Originally Posted by Sooner Bob View Post
    Exactly.

    There is no way I'd go on an overnight trip with my daughters and some of their friends in a situation like being discussed here without my wife . . . even then I'd try to get out of it.
    I always remember that Billy Graham never was alone with a woman. Not in a room, elevator, etc. He always made sure someone was with him.

  22. #172
    Mom saved damn near anything...from my old Handbook...1966......brainwashed and writing in code...


  23. #173
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    40,474
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    1963? I'm feeling younger all the time!

  24. #174
    I screwed up...it is actually 1966...gotta edit that...I would have been 12...

  25. #175
    SpankyNek's Avatar
    Posts
    12,393
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Houston (Cypress)

    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Sounds as if the Scouts are putting this on hold for a bit. No word yet from the first gay Scoutmaster in Chief.



    I always remember that Billy Graham never was alone with a woman. Not in a room, elevator, etc. He always made sure someone was with him.
    Did he just invite over some Bob Crane type when his kids were conceived?

  26. #176
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    40,474
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    Did he just invite over some Bob Crane type when his kids were conceived?
    Sorry. I guess I didn't realize the need for clarification. A woman other than his wife.

    Bob Crane is my hero.
    The following users like this post: brokebacksooner


  27. #177
    SpankyNek's Avatar
    Posts
    12,393
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Houston (Cypress)

    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Sorry. I guess I didn't realize the need for clarification. A woman other than his wife.

    Bob Crane is my hero.
    Yeah...I was just joking.

    Somehow I knew you would appreciate the reference

  28. #178
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    40,474
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    Yeah...I was just joking.

    Somehow I knew you would appreciate the reference
    Sure. My hero. Dude not only banged everything in hollywood but he got it on film. Of course right up to that camera tripod thing.

  29. #179
    Orange is ugly's Avatar
    Posts
    1,308
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Your mom's house

    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    No. They're pedophiles. Gay men are no more likely to have sex with an 8 year old boy than a straight man is to have sex with an 8 year old girl. Gay men are attracted to men. Gay women are attracted to women. Straight men are attracted to women. Straight women are attracted to women. Pedophiles are attracted to children.
    So as a dude, the only people attracted to me are gay men?

  30. #180
    Originally Posted by Orange is ugly View Post
    So as a dude, the only people attracted to me are gay men?
    I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing not even gay men are attracted to you.
    4 users like oucub23's post: brokebacksooner, greensooner, KCRuf/Nek, Orange is ugly


  31. #181
    Orange is ugly's Avatar
    Posts
    1,308
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Your mom's house

    Your harsh words make me sad.

  32. #182
    Originally Posted by Orange is ugly View Post
    Your harsh words make me sad.
    A Boy Scout is honest...

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: May 2nd, 2013, 01:44 PM
  2. Boy Scouts didn't get the memo
    By okie52 in forum ThunderDome
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: March 13th, 2013, 06:00 PM
  3. Landry Jones and the NFL scouts
    By Sinatra in forum Owen Field
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: September 23rd, 2012, 07:30 AM
  4. Replies: 57
    Last Post: July 21st, 2012, 08:21 PM