scouts going gay...

Posted 668 day(s) ago by 87sooner3291 Views 181 Replies
Page 4 of 4 2 3 4
    Originally Posted by Troker View Post
    Heterosexual women camp with Boy Scouts all the time.
    I didn't say they didn't, I said it's the same thing. I have 2 daughters that are in Girl Scouts and men aren't allowed at overnight events. (If they were my girls wouldn't be going). For the same reason gay men shouldn't be allowed at Boy Scout overnight events. The same for heterosexual women at Boy Scout overnight events, and lesbians at Girl Scout overnight events. With that being said I do realize their is a much lower chance of a woman being the abuser regardless of sexual orientation. Men on the other hand are much much greater percentage of the abusers, again regardless of their sexual orientation. I would be much more afraid of heterosexual men at a GS overnight event than a gay men at a BS overnight event, even though I believe neither should be there.

Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    do they share tents?

women scout leaders is a problem...
    How is this a problem. I have the ability to teach the things BSA wants the kids to learn, plus after 8th grade your child is eligible for Sea Scouts and Co-Ed Venture Scouts. I am a heterosexual woman who does not have sex with little boys and I see no issue with women scout leaders or male girl scout leaders. There are a lot of dads out there who are awesome with their daughters and have no sexual desire for under aged girls.
    Just like teachers, church clergy and people of other authority. The situations are individual and can't be generalized.

Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    How is this a problem. I have the ability to teach the things BSA wants the kids to learn, plus after 8th grade your child is eligible for Sea Scouts and Co-Ed Venture Scouts. I am a heterosexual woman who does not have sex with little boys and I see no issue with women scout leaders or male girl scout leaders. There are a lot of dads out there who are awesome with their daughters and have no sexual desire for under aged girls.
    Just like teachers, church clergy and people of other authority. The situations are individual and can't be generalized.
    can you piss on the campfire while standing up?

In a perfect world it wouldn't be! As you know it isn't a perfect world! Not a chance in hell would I allow my daughters go to a camp with male leaders and staff. Unless every child has a parent accompanying them. You can call me over protective, I'm okay with that.

Originally Posted by JDShellnutt View Post
    In a perfect world it wouldn't be! As you know it isn't a perfect world! Not a chance in hell would I allow my daughters go to a camp with male leaders and staff. Unless every child has a parent accompanying them. You can call me over protective, I'm okay with that.
    So you're okay with the BSA getting rid of its stance on homosexuals so long as people attracted to men aren't allowed on overnight camping trips?

So you're okay with the BSA getting rid of its stance on homosexuals so long as people attracted to men aren't allowed on overnight camping trips?
    I'm sorry you don't understand my point. Maybe if you read it again a few times, or maybe just really slow.

I'm sorry you don't understand my point. Maybe if you read it again a few times, or maybe just really slow.
    I'm sorry you (like so many others) fail to understand that homosexuality ≠ pedophilia.

Glad to have you in the 'dome, though. You'll fit in well.

I'm sorry you (like so many others) fail to understand that homosexuality ≠ pedophilia.

Glad to have you in the 'dome, though. You'll fit in well.
    Again you missed my point, maybe try reading it really slow, use a dictionary if you need to.

Again you missed my point, maybe try reading it really slow, use a dictionary if you need to.
    You've even got the no content "You-didn't-understand-me!" rebuttal down already. You're assimilating well.

I have 2 daughters that are in Girl Scouts and men aren't allowed at overnight events. (If they were my girls wouldn't be going). For the same reason gay men shouldn't be allowed at Boy Scout overnight events. The same for heterosexual women at Boy Scout overnight events, and lesbians at Girl Scout overnight events.
    So it sounds like what you don't want is people who are attracted to a certain gender spending time with children of that gender at overnight events... which led me to ask:

You said hetero women and gay men(people attracted to men) shouldn't be allowed to go on overnight trips with scouts, I'm just wondering if that is the limit of your concern.

You've even got the no content "You-didn't-understand-me!" rebuttal down already. You're assimilating well.

So it sounds like what you don't want is people who are attracted to a certain gender spending time with children of that gender at overnight events... which led me to ask:

You said hetero women and gay men(people attracted to men) shouldn't be allowed to go on overnight trips with scouts, I'm just wondering if that is the limit of your concern.
    It's really a pretty simple concept, I'm not sure what you're not understanding.
    I have no problems with gay people, it's not my thing but what you want to do is your business. So lets try this again:

If you are attracted to men, or are a female you don't go camping with young boys unless they are yours, or their parent is there.
    If you are attracted to women, or you are a male don't go camping with young girls unless they are yours, or their parent is there.
    If you are attracted to both you don't get to go camping with children unless they are yours, or their parent is there.
    If you are attracted to children you don't get to go camping with children, and should be in prison.

So whatever scenario you wish to run past me, just use the above rules and you'll have your answer.
    Last edited by JDShellnutt; January 30th, 2013 at 09:53 PM.

Re: scouts going gay...

can you piss on the campfire while standing up?
    Not one book or training from the scouts can I find this

Obama says Boy Scouts should allow gay members, women should be allowed in combat roles

02-03-2013 05:36 PM CST |By NEDRA PICKLER, Associated Press

WASHINGTON (Associated Press) --
    President Barack Obama said Sunday that gays should be allowed in the Boy Scouts and women should be allowed in military combat roles, weighing in on two storied American institutions facing proposals to end long-held exclusions.

The president's comments in a pre-Super Bowl interview on CBS come ahead of this week's meeting of the Boy Scouts' national executive board. A proposal to open up the Scouts' membership to gays is expected to be discussed and possibly voted on at the gathering in Texas.

The Boy Scouts emphatically reaffirmed the no-gays policy just seven months ago, but announced last week they were considering changing the stance. Instead of mandatory exclusion of gays, the different religious and civic groups that sponsor Scout units would be able to decide for themselves how to address the issue _ either maintaining the exclusion or opening up their membership.

The White House said in a statement last August that Obama opposed the gay ban. Obama, like presidents for the last century, serves as honorary president of the group. The president's comment Sunday was his first since the group announced it was considering a policy change.

"My attitude is that gays and lesbians should have access and opportunity the same way everybody else does in every institution and walk of life," Obama said. "The Scouts are a great institution that are promoting young people and exposing them to opportunities and leadership that will serve people for the rest of their lives. And I think nobody should be barred from that."

I'm not sure I'd want my daughters on an overnight trip with a male scoutmaster without a female adult present . . .

Not one book or training from the scouts can I find this
    you didn't answer my question...

you didn't answer my question...
    A: Depends upon the size of the fire.

You're welcome.

Vote to Eliminate Ban on Gays in Boy Scouts Is on Agenda at Board Meeting

“The proposed change is a good thing for scouting and a good thing for young men and women,” the committee’s chairman, A. J. Kreimer, said in an interview.
    Girls joining the boy scouts now?

Originally Posted by VUGear View Post
    Surely that would be the next evolutionary step.

National Jewish chair on scouting?

Even if nothing is wrong it's a recipe for disaster. I was never alone with one of my daughter's friends. If they needed a ride home my daughter went with me. I didn't want to put myself in a position where anything could be alleged at any time. Any accusation, no matter how untrue, would ruin a man's life.

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Even if nothing is wrong it's a recipe for disaster. I was never alone with one of my daughter's friends. If they needed a ride home my daughter went with me. I didn't want to put myself in a position where anything could be alleged at any time. Any accusation, no matter how untrue, would ruin a man's life.
    Exactly.

There is no way I'd go on an overnight trip with my daughters and some of their friends in a situation like being discussed here without my wife . . . even then I'd try to get out of it.

Sounds as if the Scouts are putting this on hold for a bit. No word yet from the first gay Scoutmaster in Chief.

Originally Posted by Sooner Bob View Post
    Exactly.

There is no way I'd go on an overnight trip with my daughters and some of their friends in a situation like being discussed here without my wife . . . even then I'd try to get out of it.
    I always remember that Billy Graham never was alone with a woman. Not in a room, elevator, etc. He always made sure someone was with him.

Mom saved damn near anything...from my old Handbook...1966......brainwashed and writing in code...

1963? I'm feeling younger all the time!

I screwed up...it is actually 1966...gotta edit that...I would have been 12...

Sounds as if the Scouts are putting this on hold for a bit. No word yet from the first gay Scoutmaster in Chief.

I always remember that Billy Graham never was alone with a woman. Not in a room, elevator, etc. He always made sure someone was with him.
    Did he just invite over some Bob Crane type when his kids were conceived?

Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    Did he just invite over some Bob Crane type when his kids were conceived?
    Sorry. I guess I didn't realize the need for clarification. A woman other than his wife.

Bob Crane is my hero.
    The following users like this post: brokebacksooner

Sorry. I guess I didn't realize the need for clarification. A woman other than his wife.

Bob Crane is my hero.
    Yeah...I was just joking.

Somehow I knew you would appreciate the reference

Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    Yeah...I was just joking.

Somehow I knew you would appreciate the reference
    Sure. My hero. Dude not only banged everything in hollywood but he got it on film. Of course right up to that camera tripod thing.

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    No. They're pedophiles. Gay men are no more likely to have sex with an 8 year old boy than a straight man is to have sex with an 8 year old girl. Gay men are attracted to men. Gay women are attracted to women. Straight men are attracted to women. Straight women are attracted to women. Pedophiles are attracted to children.
    So as a dude, the only people attracted to me are gay men?

Originally Posted by Orange is ugly View Post
    So as a dude, the only people attracted to me are gay men?
    I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing not even gay men are attracted to you.
    4 users like oucub23's post: brokebacksooner, greensooner, KCRuf/Nek, Orange is ugly

Your harsh words make me sad.

Originally Posted by Orange is ugly View Post
    Your harsh words make me sad.
    A Boy Scout is honest...