Ban the X games!!!

Posted 693 day(s) ago 2002 Views 34 Replies

Ban the X games!!!

Or at least snowmobiles. Whatever. Something must be banned.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_...edium=facebook

Life is slipping away from Texas snowmobiler Caleb Moore after a horrific crash Thursday night at Aspen's Winter X Games. Family of the 25-year-old athlete gathered Monday at St. Mary's Hospital in Grand Junction.

"Caleb is not doing good at all," Caleb's grandfather Charles Moore told The Denver Post Monday afternoon. "The prognosis is not good at all. It's almost certain he's not going to make it."

If indeed Moore loses his fight, it will mark the first fatality in the 17-year history of the Winter X Games.

Moore was injured Thursday evening during the snowmobile freestyle contest. He under-rotated a back flip and dug the skis of his sled into the lip of the landing.

The 450-pound, heavily modified Polaris
    Caleb Moore crashes during the snowmobile freestyle finals Thursday during the first day of the Winter X Games in Aspen. (The Gazette)
    snowmobile slammed Moore as he tumbled down the landing ramp, knocking him unconscious. When Moore came to, he was moving and asked his brother and fellow freestyle snowmobile competitor Colten what happened.

He was rushed to Aspen Valley Hospital with a concussion. Doctors there discovered bleeding around his heart and he was helicoptered to Grand Junction's St. Mary's Hospital. Doctors there performed emergency heart surgery Friday morning. Moore was recovering in intensive care for a heart contusion.

Late Sunday, a family spokeswoman said the cardiac injury led to "a secondary complication involving his brain."

Moore and brother Colten stormed the snowmobile freestyle scene three years ago in Aspen, transferring their decades of experience racing and jumping ATV four-wheelers to snow sports. The duo learned to flip snowmobiles in a foam pit they built with their father in the backyard of their Krum, Texas home. Caleb won a freestyle bronze medal in his X Games debut in 2010. He won bronze again in 2011. Last year he won best trick silver, finishing behind Colten's gold.

Caleb won silver in the 2012 best trick contest while recovering from a broken pelvis and a broken tailbone he sustained in a crash during practice the day before the event.

Hours before his Thursday crash, Moore told The Denver Post that his snowmobiling career was launched at the X Games after barely a month of practice.

"Took a bronze medal after 30 days of practice," Caleb said. "It's been history from there. It's been a great ride."

Maybe we could ban you.
    2 users like mgsooner's post: OnlyOneOklahoma, XxSuBLiMexX

Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    Maybe we could ban you.
    maybe. but I didn't kill anyone or anything.

Originally Posted by Wailer View Post
    maybe. but I didn't kill anyone or anything.
    remains to be seen

very true when not stoned, I do have a violent temper
    The following users like this post: ultimatesooner

very true when not stoned, I do have a violent temper
    You don't know that, when's the last time you weren't stoned?

Originally Posted by smot poker View Post
    You don't know that, when's the last time you weren't stoned?
    correct, I'm assuming.

It's honestly kinda surprising nobody else has died over the years. I swear I thought the skateboard guy was dead when he hit.
    2 users like oucub23's post: mxATVracer10, Wailer

That's the risk that some of those guys take, but I'm sure his life has been pretty awesome up to this point.

His Royal Highness the Honorable King of LandThieves Esq. III

Is there a video? After reading the details I am now hard as a rock.

Not Safe For Work

bout 1:30 in

What's amazing is that after he crashed he got up and walked it off after being unconscious for around 10 minutes. Now all this is happening...

His Royal Highness the Honorable King of LandThieves Esq. III

Fap ...

he gone.

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    It's honestly kinda surprising nobody else has died over the years. I swear I thought the skateboard guy was dead when he hit.
    this was my first comment as well. 17 yrs and this is the first death. kinda unbelievable considering what they do

Originally Posted by COLLISON ANGRY View Post
    What's amazing is that after he crashed he got up and walked it off after being unconscious for around 10 minutes. Now all this is happening...
    Yeah, kinda weird after you know now how it ends up

You had me at Texan snowmobiler.
    The following users like this post: Oldnslo

If gun owners just killed themselves no one would care.

Re: Ban the X games!!!

Not Safe For Work

bout 1:30 in
    Wow

Re: Ban the X games!!!

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    I can't believe that no one died from street luge. That stuff looked wild.

Have you ever seen anyone take a tetherball to the dome? That shit is dangerous!

Later Monday, Moore's mother, Michele, posted on Facebook: "There may be some misinformation out there right now, from his mom, just let me say that Caleb is still critical but he is definitely fighting, it's time for you prayer warriors to fight too. I appreciate each and every one of you. Tonite at 7:00(mt), 8:00 (ct) I ask you to join us as we lift up our voices to God in one accord. Who will join us?"

I don't know who originally said this, but I believe it was a racer... Formula 1 or Indy. Not sure. But the dude was asked how he could go racing, knowing how dangerous the sport is and how many skilled drivers have perished in crashes. The driver asked the interviewer how he, the interviewer, expected to die. The guy said he wanted to die peacefully, in his sleep. And the driver asked, "How do you find the courage to go to bed at night?"

Creepy watching the video, knowing that he's going to have a crash that hurts him bad. I hope the kid makes it.

RT @RachelAGeorge: Spokesman for family of snowmobiler Caleb Moore, who was injured in XGames, says that he passed away this morning

Yep got the word on my phone as well. Sad sad news

Rollerball on snow.

Very sad.

Horrible news. Saw the crash when it happened. Had no idea it would turn out like this...

Ban the X games!!!

Damn, I was hoping he pulled through.

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    RT @RachelAGeorge: Spokesman for family of snowmobiler Caleb Moore, who was injured in XGames, says that he passed away this morning
    That sucks =(

That sucks, my condolences.

On a side note, what place did he come in?

Originally Posted by smot poker View Post
    That sucks, my condolences.

On a side note, what place did he come in?
    Last.

Poor kid. Very sad.

Ban the X games!!!

Damn. Prayers to his family. Gotta say though, seems like he went out doing what he loved. I hope his pain wasn't excruciating and hate that his family and friends will suffer, but we should all be so lucky that our last act on earth is something so extraordinary. (Or crazy.)
    The following users like this post: Boomer.....

I had a good friend that wrecked his dirt bike and went to the hospital. When he was in there he got meningitis and died a week later.

This sounds similar to that...either way very, very sad.