I'd be in favor of hiring Mangino.

Posted 635 day(s) ago 3613 Views 88 Replies
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Offense I'd be in favor of hiring Mangino.

All in all he did a pretty good job.. He is a hellova coach.. I'm talking about OC and maybe OL.

6 users like soonerintn's post: fdubzou, H82Lose, peckerwood, S00NER14, tennsooner, zevogolf

Last edited by soonerintn; July 19th, 2013 at 05:57 PM.

No more buddies or retreads. NO! New blood that is hungry to recruit like a madman.
    2 users like 61sooner's post: Lehmanfan, soonirvana

Hell naw.

Originally Posted by boomermagic View Post
    All in all he did a pretty good job.. He is a hellova coach.. I'm talking about OC and maybe OL.
    Why tell us? You need to contact the coaching staff...immediately!
    2 users like Jason's post: huntinsooner, Tug Medick

We do need fresh and talented new blood on the staff, I'm just not sure that a clinically obese white dude with a history of abusing players in the answer.

Ok...I'll play. Fire Heuple, bring in Chuck Long to coach QB's. Move Norvell to TE's and OC. Bring in Wyatt to coach receivers. Let Cale be asst. OC. Fixed

Originally Posted by SECsooner View Post
    Ok...I'll play. Fire Heuple, bring in Chuck Long to coach QB's. Move Norvell to TE's and OC. Bring in Wyatt to coach receivers. Let Cale be asst. OC. Fixed
    Moving Norvell away from the WR position is retarded.

Well, hey, good for you.

I'd be in favor of boomermagic human centipeding himself to Mangino.
    The following users like this post: Tug Medick

No more re-treads.

Originally Posted by XxSuBLiMexX View Post
    Moving Norvell away from the WR position is retarded.
    Two Things
    1) It allows him to focus more on running the off.
    2) Wyatt is a better developer as a WR coach. If you can't get Wyatt, it opens a spot for another top notch recruiter.

Two Things
    2) Wyatt is a better developer as a WR coach. If you can't get Wyatt, it opens a spot for another top notch recruiter.
    Norvell has made the receiving core at Oklahoma top notch and he obviously has a hand in the passing game. He gets the title of Co-Offensive Coordinator without all of the pressure. We would be dumb to mess that up.

And for defense we can bring in Ray Lewis. Next Sunday night he'll be retired and can give those young boys that killer instinct.

Norvell has made the receiving core at Oklahoma top notch and he obviously has a hand in the passing game. He gets the title of Co-Offensive Coordinator without all of the pressure. We would be dumb to mess that up.
    I didn't realize a promotion and pay-raise was messing anything up. We did the same for Wilson. Norvell can recruit...coaching is suspect.

Originally Posted by BraveSooner View Post
    And for defense we can bring in Ray Lewis. Next Sunday night he'll be retired and can give those young boys that killer instinct.
    Wonder if Wes Welker's wife would write a good reference letter???
    The following users like this post: BraveSooner

To address the OP..

I think Mangino is a great coach.. Dude got KANSAS to the Orange Bowl. The magnitude of that achievement cannot be understated.

That being said... You and I agree that bringing in elite difference makers is where we are lacking and Mangino is simply not going to recruit. He finds it as distasteful as the current staff so the only way he works is if there are multiple changes with young, hungry, aggressive coaches who are willing to do the shit work of schmoozing barely literate athletic wonders so full of themselves they honestly believe they shit gold nuggets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I didn't realize a promotion and pay-raise was messing anything up. We did the same for Wilson. Norvell can recruit...coaching is suspect.
    Suspect coaching? The wide receivers have performed pretty damn well under Norvell...
    The following users like this post: madillsoonerfan5353

He is so big as to be in poor health. I think he needs to lose at least 200lbs to regain some health and be effective as a coach. He also needs therapy for his temper. Part of the reason for being fired at Kansas was because of his out of control temper on the field. Did not bode well for the school's image. I am not in favor of hiring him.

Originally Posted by xunil View Post
    To address the OP..

I think Mangino is a great coach.. Dude got KANSAS to the Orange Bowl. The magnitude of that achievement cannot be understated.

That being said... You and I agree that bringing in elite difference makers is where we are lacking and Mangino is simply not going to recruit. He finds it as distasteful as the current staff so the only way he works is if there are multiple changes with young, hungry, aggressive coaches who are willing to do the shit work of schmoozing barely literate athletic wonders so full of themselves they honestly believe they shit gold nuggets.

Didn't know Mark is not a recruiter.. Didn't he get some fair recruits at Ks.

I'd be in favor of OORAH_OKIE pissing up a rope.

This one, maybe..

Originally Posted by TheBoots View Post
    This one, maybe..
    HA !

Originally Posted by SoonerDick View Post
    He is so big as to be in poor health. I think he needs to lose at least 200lbs to regain some health and be effective as a coach. He also needs therapy for his temper. Part of the reason for being fired at Kansas was because of his out of control temper on the field. Did not bode well for the school's image. I am not in favor of hiring him.
    I don't think his weight has ever made any difference.. Temper ? Probably so..

Who gets the boot if and when Bob decides to bring in some help ?

Mangino ran off more ol than we ever had. No retreads

Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    No more buddies or retreads. NO! New blood that is hungry to recruit like a madman.
    To be fair, Mangino is most likely hungry.
    3 users like TheLadiesMike's post: boomermagic, srburkhart, StoopsTheEternalPimp

Didn't know Mark is not a recruiter.. Didn't he get some fair recruits at Ks.
    Head coaches don't recruit, they close. Position coaches are the ones that have make the calls, texts, messages, emails, and cards week in and week out.

Two Things
    Wha??

This is how OU could use Mark M. Hire him as an administrator in name only.

Let him break down film of our personal and of recruits.
    Mark has an eye for finding undervalued lightly recruited talent IMHO.
    OU’s best teams have always had a number of these types of players starting on the team.
    Let Mark make recommendations to the staff, but leave the coaching duties up the rest of the staff.

Originally Posted by xunil View Post
    Head coaches don't recruit, they close. Position coaches are the ones that have make the calls, texts, messages, emails, and cards week in and week out.

Some head coaches recruit as well. You're right, Some don't..

Originally Posted by OU48A View Post

OU’s best teams have always had a number of these types of players starting on the team.
    Let Mark make recommendations to the staff, but leave the coaching duties up the rest of the staff.
    You still have Josh calling plays ? You still have the same coaches doing what they haven't been doing very well..

Originally Posted by oorah_okie View Post
    I'd be in favor of boomermagic human centipeding himself to Mangino.
    This post was underliked, which makes each of yous underlings.
    The following users like this post: oorah_okie

Mangino wasn't the problem, Hybl was. Heupel isn't the problem, Jones was. At least I hope that's the case or we be f'ed next season.
    The following users like this post: boomermagic

Originally Posted by zcaa0g View Post
    Mangino wasn't the problem, Hybl was. Heupel isn't the problem, Jones was. At least I hope that's the case or we be f'ed next season.
    If Landry was the problem and our 5 million dollar coach didn't know that and a bunch of our fans did we are f'ed anyway.

If Landry was the problem and our 5 million dollar coach didn't know that and a bunch of our fans did we are f'ed anyway.
    Well, at least one problem will still be solved if that's the case.

Originally Posted by zcaa0g View Post
    Heupel and any other offensive coach are the problems. Why doesn't Millard touch the ball more? Who our we offensively? We do not do anything great on offense. We do some good things, but when it comes down to the nut cutting we 52 all over the field! I will be willing to bet that Heupel and company do not implement any zone read or read option game with Bell. This would be to his strength and Heupel doesn't play to his teams strengths. See Millard.
    The following users like this post: HudBannon

Originally Posted by OU48A View Post

Any input into our running game should be encouraged and welcomed by the current staff.
    3 users like OUrage's post: boomermagic, madillsoonerfan5353, OU48A

For some reason even though I have posted over 300 times here, it's saying I have less than 50 and can't start a thread. I know many of you don't like the Animal but Mark Rodgers said there is a coaching change that much of the public will enjoy and be in favor of that will occur before NSD. Just letting you guys know.

Mangino can't even wipe his own ass, how do you expect him to do us any good going forward?

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    Oklahoma has lost a lot of offensive linemen since then as well and the reason why is Schmitty. Most of the time it has been for valid reasons though.

Originally Posted by OKIRISHFAN View Post
    For some reason even though I have posted over 300 times here, it's saying I have less than 50 and can't start a thread. I know many of you don't like the Animal but Mark Rodgers said there is a coaching change that much of the public will enjoy and be in favor of that will occur before NSD. Just letting you guys know.
    We don't need an altar boy to tell us anything. Get lost Rudy jr.
    The following users like this post: boomermagic

Originally Posted by OUrage View Post
    Any input into our running game should be encouraged and welcomed by the current staff.
    I agree
    I believe Mark M could make suggestions that would get the most out of the offensive squad.
    I believe that our coaching staff would respect his opinions.
    But much more than this^ Mark M. has the ability to find 2 or 3 star players who turn out to be very good college football players….. More than anything else we need to find more under the radar types of players and they are out there. Our best teams always have them.
    We can get all this by making Mark M. an administrator. As an administrator in name only his baggage would not impact the players
    2 users like OU48A's post: boomermagic, OUrage

**** NOTRE DAME !
    The following users like this post: OU812

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    If they can't take him slapping the piss out of them once in a while **** em. lol

Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    Mangino can't even wipe his own ass, how do you expect him to do us any good going forward?
    I don't know hadn't thought about his dirty ass. good point I guess. lol

ND kicked OU's ass, so I'm trying to remember that you are a smart guy. Why would they make a coaching change before NSD? Then deal with decommits? That makes no sense and neither does Mark Rodgers.

Originally Posted by SoonerDick View Post
    I have heard he has lost a lot of weight. I think he's still considered obese, but not near as big as he was. FYI...

I'd take him as our O-line coach right now. If he can take Kansas to a BCS bowl, we could definitely use him. He would definitely make the guys up front tougher which can't hurt.

Originally Posted by AmericanMuscle View Post
    I have heard he has lost a lot of weight. I think he's still considered obese, but not near as big as he was. FYI...
    Good for him if true, I hope he pulls himself together.