Republicans really are shitty

Posted 577 day(s) ago by OnlyOneOklahoma1227 Views 71 Replies
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    I seem to remember a balanced budget in 2000, what happened?
    The Republicans lost congress.
    The following users like this post: Sooner Bob

Originally Posted by Okieflyer View Post

Yeah not like this democrat gerrymandered district.
    Looks like a road map.

I actually loathe the electoral college
    The following users like this post: SiggyPoke

That reads as very robust.

Originally Posted by Aurora View Post

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
    Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. ~BF
    2 users like JDShellnutt's post: SiggyPoke, ThievingMagpie

Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    I agree, popular vote or bust. None of this districting bullshit, but only in battleground states.

I don't see republicans looking to divide Texas...

For a popular vote, yes. Not for a dumb rigged system because republicans gerrymandered their states after the 2010 census.
    And where exactly is your evidence of Gerrymandering?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Or - gasp!- maybe more people voted in the presidential election! Maybe some people changed what party they voted for! Maybe the people that voted for Obama don't know enough about politics to realize when their state elections are (probably the case).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

His Royal Highness the Honorable King of LandThieves Esq. III

For a popular vote, yes. Not for a dumb rigged system because republicans gerrymandered their states after the 2010 census.
    It's what the dem's in California did to get by the 2/3 majority for budget votes. Gerrymandered the districts so they got more seats, were even blatant about it saying it was good for California so the will of the people (to spend and spend, borrow, tax and spend) didn't need to be slowed by any republicans wanting cuts or fiscal discipline. They have a super majority and are already looking to spend away.

I guess it's good when it's the dems.

I seem to remember a balanced budget in 2000, what happened?
    Well first two planes flow into some buildings. That kicked off two wars. The military needed to be rebuilt to fight these wars. Because Billy Clinton cut the military in half. Then after all that the country had a debt of 1.2 trillion. We elected a new president that said he would fix it. But instead he has worked with a deficit of over 1 trillion every year he has been president. He also has not passed a budget in the last 3 years. The country now has a debt of 16.4 trillion.

I agree, popular vote or bust. None of this districting bullshit, but only in battleground states.

Doesn't Nebraska already do this? And don't the dems always get 1 EC vote from the black part of Omaha?

Originally Posted by OUfanINtulsa View Post
    Well first two planes flow into some buildings. That kicked off two wars. The military needed to be rebuilt to fight these wars. Because Billy Clinton cut the military in half. Then after all that the country had a debt of 1.2 trillion. We elected a new president that said he would fix it. But instead he has worked with a deficit of over 1 trillion every year he has been president. He also has not passed a budget in the last 3 years. The country now has a debt of 16.4 trillion.
    this is incorrect, when Bush left office we didn't have a debt of $1.2T...we had a national debt of $10.626T

2001 Bush deficit $420 billion
    2002 Bush deficit $555 billion
    2003 Bush deficit $595 billion
    2004 Bush deficit $554 billion
    2005 Bush deficit $574 billion
    2006 Bush deficit $501 billion
    2007 Bush deficit $1,020 billion
    2008 Bush deficit $1,885 billion
    2009 Obama deficit $1,652 billion
    2010 Obama deficit $1,229 billion
    2011 Obama deficit $1,225 billion
    2012 Obama deficit $1,089 billion
    2013 Obama should have a deficit of $900 billion

Under Bush's 2 terms of president the federal debt went up $4.899 T
    Under Obama's 1 term the federal debt has gone up $5.874 T

I'm not sure where you got the $1.2 trillion from but the rest of your post is factual. No budget in 3 years, debt is actually now almost at $16.5 trillion

Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    this is incorrect, when Bush left office we didn't have a debt of $1.2T...we had a national debt of $10.626T

2001 Bush deficit $420 billion
    2002 Bush deficit $555 billion
    2003 Bush deficit $595 billion
    2004 Bush deficit $554 billion
    2005 Bush deficit $574 billion
    2006 Bush deficit $501 billion
    2007 Bush deficit $1,020 billion
    2008 Bush deficit $1,885 billion
    2009 Obama deficit $1,652 billion
    2010 Obama deficit $1,229 billion
    2011 Obama deficit $1,225 billion
    2012 Obama deficit $1,089 billion
    2013 Obama should have a deficit of $900 billion

Under Bush's 2 terms of president the federal debt went up $4.899 T
    Under Obama's 1 term the federal debt has gone up $5.874 T

I'm not sure where you got the $1.2 trillion from but the rest of your post is factual. No budget in 3 years, debt is actually now almost at $16.5 trillion
    You are right I didn't research this. I just remember Obama always saying he inherited 1.2 trillion. I just assumed he was talking about debt.

Originally Posted by OUfanINtulsa View Post
    You are right I didn't research this. I just remember Obama always saying he inherited 1.2 trillion. I just assumed he was talking about debt.
    well him saying that would have been drastically wrong as well, unless he's trying to blame $1.2 trillion of the $1.652 trillion in 2009 on Bush (which I don't fully agree with but there should be some sharing in that year between the two)

Obama's done a number on the economy, things are starting to look up in regards to our spending but we are still so far off it's ridiculous...I'd like to see us reach a surplus in the near future but I don't expect that to happen...we will likely be around $20T in debt when he leaves office

I work in the DoD and we currently have drastic budget cuts, a hiring freeze, we are offering voluntary separation and job cuts currently. I have been told it's going to get worse in the next couple years as well. I was informed my job is safe thankfully but know of a few people who were not retained out of their internships.

Those shitty democraps have never gerrymandered a district. Selective indignation.

Dude, you seriously need to change your voter registration (or have I missed that?). There's no reason for you to be a registered R.

Re: Republicans really are shitty

Originally Posted by lokifz1 View Post
    Those shitty democraps have never gerrymandered a district. Selective indignation.
    Democrats haven't made an effort at changing the electoral college in their battle ground states to ensure that their guaranteed congressional seats also get them a guaranteed president.

That is bullshit, and everyone here should know it.

Originally Posted by ltsooner View Post
    Dude, you seriously need to change your voter registration (or have I missed that?). There's no reason for you to be a registered R.
    I am R so I can have a say in who represents me because I am tired of crazy teabaggers (their term) who I didn't have a chance to vote for or against.

I am R so I can have a say in who represents me because I am tired of crazy teabaggers (their term) who I didn't have a chance to vote for or against.
    I'm pretty sure Jeanine Garafalo came up with that one. And she is one crazy-ass liberal.

I am R

So you really are shitty then. Confirmed.

No way they ever want to do that, They need Texas

Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    well him saying that would have been drastically wrong as well, unless he's trying to blame $1.2 trillion of the $1.652 trillion in 2009 on Bush (which I don't fully agree with but there should be some sharing in that year between the two)

Obama's done a number on the economy, things are starting to look up in regards to our spending but we are still so far off it's ridiculous...I'd like to see us reach a surplus in the near future but I don't expect that to happen...we will likely be around $20T in debt when he leaves office

I work in the DoD and we currently have drastic budget cuts, a hiring freeze, we are offering voluntary separation and job cuts currently. I have been told it's going to get worse in the next couple years as well. I was informed my job is safe thankfully but know of a few people who were not retained out of their internships.
    They must be cutting your department to make room for this.

The Defense Department plans to boost the ranks of cybersecurity professionals, increasing cyber staff at U.S. Cyber Command by more than five times to some 4,900 employees, according to a recent report in The Washington Post.

The staff-up involves three tiers of cyber pros: Those to protect critical infrastructure, protection forces designed to safeguard DoD's own networks and "combat mission forces," which will provide offensive cyber capabilities.

But DoD's plan is daunting in more ways than one. The job qualifications and skills needed for the kinds of positions the Pentagon wants are rare and often require years of training and hands-on experience. And even if DoD looks outside the confines of the Pentagon to fill these roles, it's not entirely clear where the new cyber pros would come from.
    Read more here: http://www.federalnewsradio.com/?nid=394&sid=3211069

None of this is new been duscuseed and tried in areas by both parties in the past.

Vote early vote often D's use other means in addition.