NSD Rumors

Posted 446 day(s) ago by Sooner_11714753 Views 172 Replies
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
    Originally Posted by SoonerSapper View Post
    I don't know that OU really wants him that badly. If we get any flips from anyone, I hope we get a couple LBs
    That would be nice to steal a couple of LB's but I think we'd all be pretty happy if Manning shocked everybody and flipped back to OU.

vCash

Kinda say how many coaches leaving could make fans happy. Kittle, Kish, Patton, Shipp, BJW, Josh demoted.

We are set at WR, RB and secondary.
    The following users like this post: Sooner 4 Life

Originally Posted by Sooner 4 Life View Post
    The DE's have gotten worse under bjw.
    Really? Frank Alexander got better when BJW moved back to DE coach. Now we actually have better talent there with Grissom, Ndulue, and Dimon and DJ Ward. He's a good coach. We had a dry spell. Missed on some big time recruits.

Maybe Patton is a good coach, not recruiter and Kittle is a good recruiter, not coach. Whoever is responsible for Lane Johnson being a first round pick, and I give Lane the credit first, needs a raise.

vCash

Originally Posted by srburkhart View Post
    Maybe Patton is a good coach, not recruiter and Kittle is a good recruiter, not coach. Whoever is responsible for Lane Johnson being a first round pick, and I give Lane the credit first, needs a raise.
    I think Lane ended up there because there was nowhere else to go. Hell, it could have been Bob that moved him.

Originally Posted by madbrad View Post
    I think Lane ended up there because there was nowhere else to go. Hell, it could have been Bob that moved him.
    Not talking so much about the move but the development.

vCash

Not talking so much about the move but the development.
    Gotcha.

The lovely thing about Lane s that he is a very gifted athlete so I'm not sure how much development was needed.

Gotcha.

The lovely thing about Lane s that he is a very gifted athlete so I'm not sure how much development was needed.
    He is a good athlete, but no body really wanted him, did they?

Lane deserves a ton of credit, but then so do the coaches. Kittle was his position coach. Lane gives lots of credit to Schmitty.

Really? Frank Alexander got better when BJW moved back to DE coach. Now we actually have better talent there with Grissom, Ndulue, and Dimon and DJ Ward. He's a good coach. We had a dry spell. Missed on some big time recruits.
    BJW is a superb DE coach and recruiter. Odd thing is that he didn't do as well as DB coach, but that was his position when he was at texas all those years.

Originally Posted by Sooner 76 View Post
    He is a good athlete, but no body really wanted him, did they?

Lane deserves a ton of credit, but then so do the coaches. Kittle was his position coach. Lane gives lots of credit to Schmitty.
    All the players, ex-players give credit to Schmitty. These dumb ass posters on here blame him for knee ligaments. My friend in high school tore his knee playing touch football. Schmitty was nowhere around.

BJW is a superb DE coach and recruiter. Odd thing is that he didn't do as well as DB coach, but that was his position when he was at texas all those years.
    Yeah well, he had a RB playing safety.

vCash

All the players, ex-players give credit to Schmitty. These dumb ass posters on here blame him for knee ligaments. My friend in high school tore his knee playing touch football. Schmitty was nowhere around.
    There have been some players who play in the nfl question his techniques.

vCash

Hatari Byrd saying OU coaches told him he'd start next season...

vCash

NSD Rumors

Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    Hatari Byrd saying OU coaches told him he'd start next season...
    Read that on newsok.com earlier. How awkward will it be next season for him if he doesn't.

vCash

Originally Posted by nlight1 View Post
    Read that on newsok.com earlier. How awkward will it be next season for him if he doesn't.
    They probably told him that he would definitely be in the competition for a starting job as a freshman. Kids get excited and hear what they want to hear, and tell others what sounds the most awesome.

That being said, it wouldn't surprise me if he starts by mid season.
    The following users like this post: usaosooner

vCash

If you look at our Safety depth if he is as good as advertised I see no reason why he couldn't atleast be in the rotation to start the year and then move into a starting spot by mid season

vCash

You don't get it. It's still Schmittay's fault.

vCash

NSD Rumors

Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
    They probably told him that he would definitely be in the competition for a starting job as a freshman. Kids get excited and hear what they want to hear, and tell others what sounds the most awesome.

That being said, it wouldn't surprise me if he starts by mid season.
    Good point.

vCash

Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
    There have been some players who play in the nfl question his techniques.
    On a serious note,
    When message boarders mention blown out knee ligaments and players questioning techniques they typically imply overtraining; Schmitty's techniques are too intense and at too high of a volume, which relates to the body breaking down (i.e., catabolizing itself). Volume-induced overtraining is a unicorn (i.e., squating too many times per week will cause your legs to breakdown). If some players were/are complaining about the volume or intensity being too high and not seeing gains, feeling weak, or not feeling like working out (forget soreness, being sore means nothing), then the technique could be taxing the nervous system too much, which is not "training the muscle too much."

vCash

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    On a serious note,
    When message boarders mention blown out knee ligaments and players questioning techniques they typically imply overtraining; Schmitty's techniques are too intense and at too high of a volume, which relates to the body breaking down (i.e., catabolizing itself). Volume-induced overtraining is a unicorn (i.e., squating too many times per week will cause your legs to breakdown). If some players were/are complaining about the volume or intensity being too high and not seeing gains, feeling weak, or not feeling like working out (forget soreness, being sore means nothing), then the technique could be taxing the nervous system too much, which is not "training the muscle too much."
    On a more serious note, this is the 1st serious thing I have ever read from you! WTF...?

vCash

On a serious note,
    i've read a lot of stories about the players eating junk food for most of their careers...if they aren't properly eating then all their work is for naught...i say this because if schmitty is doing these "extreme" workouts and then the kids stop by McDonalds or Pizza Hut they are negating all that hard work.

vCash

Originally Posted by andymancan20 View Post
    i've read a lot of stories about the players eating junk food for most of their careers...if they aren't properly eating then all their work is for naught...i say this because if schmitty is doing these "extreme" workouts and then the kids stop by McDonalds or Pizza Hut they are negating all that hard work.
    That's only kind of true. Part of Schmittay's program should be food, nutritious and purposeful food. Eating junk food, as I understand it, won't negate your workout, but it won't provide the optimal state for your body to continue to overreach beyond its current limits. They shouldn't eat that McDonald's horseshit or whatever USAO eats while he's watching WrestleMania...
    The following users like this post: plk1214

That's only kind of true. Part of Schmittay's program should be food, nutritious and purposeful food. Eating junk food, as I understand it, won't negate your workout, but it won't provide the optimal state for your body to continue to overreach beyond its current limits. They shouldn't eat that McDonald's horseshit or whatever USAO eats while he's watching WrestleMania...
    Of course they have nutrition education as part of the program and the training table diet they receive at the mess hall provides.

But many of the players live off campus and probably consume many of their meals at their homes.

vCash

Scout board is discussing the possibility that five star DT A'shawn Robinson, a Texas commit, may flip to Alabama on NSD...

vCash

Scout board is discussing the possibility that five star DT A'shawn Robinson, a Texas commit, may flip to Alabama on NSD...
    That's already done. He has told the Texas coaches he is signing with Bama.

Rich get richer.

vCash

this is why we should have gone to the SEC, oversigning--not a problem, pay the recruits---not a problem, espn constant coverage----not a problem, when Ole MISS, THATS RIGHT OLE fn MISS can get the kind of recruits they haul in with absolutely no chance of conf title let alone nat title in sight ever, imagine what we should be able to do.........sorry just went a little nuts there. it just so damn frustrating to watch these SEC teams pile them up, even the crappy teams.....okay I'm done

Originally Posted by catfishcurtis View Post
    this is why we should have gone to the SEC, oversigning--not a problem, pay the recruits---not a problem, espn constant coverage----not a problem, when Ole MISS, THATS RIGHT OLE fn MISS can get the kind of recruits they haul in with absolutely no chance of conf title let alone nat title in sight ever, imagine what we should be able to do.........sorry just went a little nuts there. it just so damn frustrating to watch these SEC teams pile them up, even the crappy teams.....okay I'm done
    Certainly the SEC is the flavor of the year for linemen on both sides of the ball. We'll see how long this lasts.

Stanvon Taylor was told by the coaches at OU that he would be given a shot to play WR.
    I know that is a fact. They like him on both sides of the ball. A flip here would be a major shock. He is a "stay at home" type...turned down ND and Stanford...that is TU's only selling point.

vCash

Originally Posted by StiffArmTrophy View Post
    Rich get richer.

There is some question as to whether he is better as an OL rather than as a DL. Perhaps Nick Satan told him he could play DT?

vCash

Of course they have nutrition education as part of the program and the training table diet they receive at the mess hall provides.

But many of the players live off campus and probably consume many of their meals at their homes.
    And?

And?
    And IF they eat poorly, then it's when they are not at the dining hall, which for many players is most of their meals.

So the latest NSD rumor is the players will eat on NSD, nutritious or otherwise.
    3 users like OU812's post: 55-17beatdown2011, Sooner 76, StiffArmTrophy

vCash

LJ Moore supposed to announce his decision on signing day...

vCash

And IF they eat poorly, then it's when they are not at the dining hall, which for many players is most of their meals.
    And?

Josh McCuistion ‏@JLMcCuistion
    http://bit.ly/11JpijP - #Sooners are working hard to turn a player that most have long felt they had no shot at. 4-star DL. #OU

not a member but interesting teaser nonetheless.
    The following users like this post: Sooner 4 Life

vCash

Originally Posted by max fischer View Post
    http://bit.ly/11JpijP - #Sooners are working hard to turn a player that most have long felt they had no shot at. 4-star DL. #OU

Nm

vCash

Originally Posted by max fischer View Post

Toby Johnson. All depends on if the SEC will accept his transfer credits. Would be a good get, but I doubt he helps in 2013.

vCash

With NSD one day away, this Forum is pretty quiet

nobody really know what the hell to expect.....i mean i hope all of our guys sign that have verbaled, but here lately I've learned to brace my self for the bad stuff...........always............

vCash

Originally Posted by BULLDOGSOONER View Post
    nobody really know what the hell to expect.....i mean i hope all of our guys sign that have verbaled, but here lately I've learned to brace my self for the bad stuff...........always............
    pretty much where I stand...I just want this recruiting cycle to be over with...it's been a bad one for the Sooners...good news is that they seem to be going hard after the '14 and '15 kids already

plus I'm curious on whether there will be staff changes and we won't know until after Wednesday...fwiw I think Toby Johnson goes to Auburn as long as he qualifies

vCash

Originally Posted by VRO405 View Post
    With NSD two days away, this Forum is pretty quiet
    FIFY: We can't manufacture news. We know just what the kids want use to know

who do we have a better shot at: Baker or Moore?

vCash

Originally Posted by ben.woods1986 View Post
    I think Moore cause of Hatari but im not holding my breath
    The following users like this post: drspencer

vCash

Josh McCuistion @JLMcCuistion
    Dionte Savage has now informed @wtwills09 that he'll be signing with the #Sooners on WED. bit.ly/Y5PQJX
    The following users like this post: Sooner 76

vCash

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    FIFY: We can't manufacture news. We know just what the kids want use to know
    Right, and I understand that. I just figured there would be more rumors/news floating around right now

vCash

Originally Posted by ben.woods1986 View Post
    The SoonerNation guys think Baker is ours.

Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    Josh McCuistion @JLMcCuistion
    Dionte Savage has now informed @wtwills09 that he'll be signing with the #Sooners on WED. bit.ly/Y5PQJX
    No way. He's a Baylor lock.

Oh wait, I was channeling Houston Sooner for a moment. Never mind.
    2 users like Sooner 76's post: greensooner, oorah_okie

vCash

I love the lbs in the class

Signed

GREEN NUTS

vCash

Originally Posted by Houston Sooner View Post
    I love the lbs in the class

Signed

GREEN NUTS
    yep, you are 15...and an Aggie

weak attempt at humor, give it a 2/10