sooners/bears

Posted 688 day(s) ago by 87sooner2801 Views 119 Replies
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

and its still boomer sooner

lolpoke

Man that was close down the stretch.
    Good win for us... if we can knock off KSU we are in really good shape heading into the home stretch.
    I didn't think we'd get a win in Waco, but this team keeps impressing me. M'Baye is just a beast when he gets his shot going. Pledger finally had a game, Hield continues to impress, and I thought Fitzgerald played great hitting some big big shots.
    The following users like this post: Morningwood

Scott Drew is such a doosh. I can why the other coaches in the league don't like him. Even the assistant coach that helped him up had a "get the **** up" look on his face.
    3 users like SG1's post: freedombird, markbradleyfanboy, thurman murman

I missed most of the game, except for the last 2 minutes. Did CJ Cole play? ESPN Box score says he did

Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
    Scott Drew is such a doozy. I can why the other coaches in the league don't like him. Even the assistant coach that helped him up had a "get the **** up" look on his face.

someone was arguing with me a couple days ago.....saying drew is a good coach...
    this was one of the easiest picks of the season...
    we'll sweep baylor.......
    lon is putting the conference rankings back where they belong...

Originally Posted by soonerjunky View Post
    I missed most of the game, except for the last 2 minutes. Did CJ Cole play? ESPN Box score says he did
    no

Originally Posted by Boognish View Post
    Man that was close down the stretch.
    Good win for us... if we can knock off KSU we are in really good shape heading into the home stretch.
    I didn't think we'd get a win in Waco, but this team keeps impressing me. M'Baye is just a beast when he gets his shot going. Pledger finally had a game, Hield continues to impress, and I thought Fitzgerald played great hitting some big big shots.
    if?
    c'mon man.....pencil in the w
    2 users like 87sooner's post: freedombird, nstinson

Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    if?
    c'mon man.....pencil in the w
    Don't get ****y. Anything can happen. :-}
    2 users like Mahler's post: fdubzou, OnlyOne

Originally Posted by Mahler View Post
    Don't get ****y. Anything can happen. :-}
    the only question is the margin......will it be double digits?

someone was arguing with me a couple days ago.....saying drew is a good coach...
    this was one of the easiest picks of the season...
    we'll sweep baylor.......
    lon is putting the conference rankings back where they belong...
    lol yeah that was me.
    He definitely got outcoached tonight, but they almost came back and stole a win.

Originally Posted by Boognish View Post
    lol yeah that was me.
    He definitely got outcoached tonight, but they almost came back and stole a win.
    with the talent baylor has....they shouldn't need to steal wins at home.....
    my goodness....if lon could get a couple guys like austin and jackson ........look out......

with the talent baylor has....they shouldn't need to steal wins at home.....
    my goodness....if lon could get a couple guys like austin and jackson ........look out......
    yeah we were shooting the lights out... but its like they didn't even try to go inside all night. Austin looks pretty soft, too.

SoonerBounce Guest
    great win!

Ugly ****ing win. What is the deal with the last 3 minutes of each game? We have got to be the worst team in that time span in the entire NCAA. One of these days, maybe not this season, we will learn how to beat full court pressure.

Originally Posted by Bk2X View Post
    Ugly ****ing win. What is the deal with the last 3 minutes of each game? We have got to be the worst team in that time span in the entire NCAA. One of these days, maybe not this season, we will learn how to beat full court pressure.
    it would have helped to have grooms in the last couple of minutes....not sure if he's hurt or what's up there.....
    but we definitely need work on handling the press...
    was disappointing to see osby just let them take the ball from him on one occasion......
    most disappointing was all the missed free throws down the stretch......
    make a few more of those and it wouldn't have been close at all....

Im with you on the Grooms issue. I like getting Cousins the experience but he really hasn't contributed much as of late. Hornbeak is doing good but he had some bone head turnovers. Need to limit the cross court passes on the run in traffic.

Originally Posted by Bk2X View Post
    Im with you on the Grooms issue. I like getting Cousins the experience but he really hasn't contributed much as of late. Hornbeak is doing good but he had some bone head turnovers. Need to limit the cross court passes on the run in traffic.
    There has been a sentiment among some fans for a while that Grooms isn't good enough to play. But I would argue that if you're looking for a role player who can handle and distribute the ball then Grooms is your man. Sure, he's not a great scorer, but he shoots 43% from the field and Cousins shoots 30%. Grooms' Assist to TO is 46-18 and Cousins' is 32-22. Neither guy is a barnburner, but when it comes nut cutting time in a close conference matchup I think I'd rather have an experienced ball handler in the game. That being said, I obviously defer to Coach Kruger who sees them in practice and knows a thing or two about basketball.

BTW - all these stats are available on soonersports.com on the Men's Basketball homepage.
    The following users like this post: Bk2X

gotta give fitz his due....
    very nice game for him...
    if he can score 8 on 4-7 shooting.....that would be huge..
    2 users like 87sooner's post: Bk2X, Mahler

I think all of these issues with late game trouble is due to youth and inexperience.
    We are competitive in these games because of the talent of our young guys, but we are going to have lapses down the stretch closing out games.
    These guys have overachieved thus far... partly due to a weak big XII imo. Hopefully we don't poop ourselves at some point against anyone we should beat, like TTech on the road who already knocked off Iowa State. The road win over Baylor was huge for us because it gives us a leg up on all the teams log-jammed behind KU.