'15 LB Malik Jefferson- offer

Posted 639 day(s) ago 31344 Views 250 Replies
Results 1 to 50 of 251
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3
  1. #1

    Recruitment '15 LB Malik Jefferson- offer

    http://247sports.com/Player/Malik-Jefferson-27668



    6'2 210


    Film:http://www.hudl.com/athlete/682095/malik-jefferson

    Greater Dallas All-VYPE first-team selection, 10-4A Defensive Newcomer of the Year and an All-State pick after posting 92 tackles, 20 tackles for loss, seven sacks, five forced fumbles and blocing four kicks last season and postseason.

    @Official_MalikJ or@dreadgame46
    Last edited by usaosooner; February 1st, 2013 at 03:18 PM.

  2. #2
    thurman murman's Avatar
    Posts
    7,872
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Peanut Gallery

    Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    4A first-team all-state player as a Sophomore
    Pretty damn impressive.

    Kid already has pretty good size as a sophomore.

  3. #3
    Mr. Pink's Avatar
    Posts
    1,035
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Orlando, FL

    He's too good. OU likes LBs who are much less talented.

  4. #4

    '15 LB Malik Jefferson- offer

    We're his first offer? But I thought we always slow-played the most talented players?

  5. #5
    melbitoast's Avatar
    Posts
    5,180
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Just north of Hell

    Usually not in favor of this, but this kid is damn impressive. Incredible accolades for a sophomore. Good luck to him. Hopefully he stays healthy and ends up in Norman for college. :-)

  6. #6
    the kid is already squatting in the 4's...he's going to be a monster once he really trains and eats right...hope to land him

  7. #7
    He looks pretty good. That would be great if we could get this kid. Sort of helps when a big time program like OU is interested in you this early, maybe that will have some influence on him.

  8. #8
    Watch the film from HUDL.
    Wow. He's might be the best underclassman LB in Texas. Juniors included.
    It's that good.

    And James David and Otaro Olaka have great film too, so there's competition but Jefferson is on another level.

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    He's too good. OU likes LBs who are much less talented.
    when are they doing the in-home with you?

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    when are they doing the in-home with you?
    I've been told, by reliable sources of course, that our coaches don't like the color pink.

  11. #11
    melbitoast's Avatar
    Posts
    5,180
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Just north of Hell

    Well shit...looks like we've got our work cut out for this kid:

    "Hopefully I can play there one day.”

    That was Jefferson’s goal growing up. While he was impressed by the first two offers he picked up, he’s looking forward to finding out if UT will make one soon.

    “I did have a favorite school growing up, but they haven’t offered me yet. That would be Texas,” Jefferson said. “Another one would be Oregon. Those are my two favorites.”

    He was pretty startled by the fact the Sooners were the first to offer and that they did so early on, but Jefferson knows he’s a long way away from narrowing things down or getting serious about his recruitment.

    Whenever that day arrives, though, Jefferson said it’s a sure thing Texas will be in his top five. Getting in another visit this month only helps the Longhorns’ chances down the road."

  12. #12
    Long,long long way to go

  13. #13
    Mr. Pink's Avatar
    Posts
    1,035
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Orlando, FL

    Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    when are they doing the in-home with you?
    I think there has been some miscommunication with Malik. I offered him verbally over the phone, but, later, rescinded the offer so that I could offer him in person, but seemed to have lost touch with him over the last couple of months. I need to repair this mix up.
    The following users like this post: melbitoast


  14. #14
    melbitoast's Avatar
    Posts
    5,180
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Just north of Hell

    Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    Long,long long way to go
    VERY.

    Hopefully, Diaz will continue his unimpressive streak and Malik takes notice.

    Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    I think there has been some miscommunication with Malik. I offered him verbally over the phone, but, later, rescinded the offer so that I could offer him in person, but seemed to have lost touch with him over the last couple of months. I need to repair this mix up.
    lol, I see what you did there.

  15. #15
    61sooner's Avatar
    Posts
    1,954
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Palm Desert, CA

    It looks like OU is already striking out as being favorites for HS LBs. What's the story there?

  16. #16
    Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    It looks like OU is already striking out as being favorites for HS LBs. What's the story there?
    We don't use any?

  17. #17
    melbitoast's Avatar
    Posts
    5,180
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Just north of Hell

    Originally Posted by Sooner 4 Life View Post
    We don't use any?
    No, no, no, silly. It's that we don't have a ****ing clue HOW to use them.

  18. #18
    I believe he will be at the March 1st JR Day.
    The following users like this post: Ostrich


  19. #19

  20. #20
    Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    It looks like OU is already striking out as being favorites for HS LBs. What's the story there?
    Rhymes with fish and smells like it too

  21. #21
    melbitoast's Avatar
    Posts
    5,180
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Just north of Hell

    Originally Posted by AlvinMack55 View Post
    I believe he will be at the March 1st JR Day.
    Yes he will. He and Kahlil McKenzie are 2 huge recruits that will be there. Probably time for a "March 1st JR day" thread.

  22. #22
    Originally Posted by melbitoast View Post
    Yes he will. He and Kahlil McKenzie are 2 huge recruits that will be there. Probably time for a "March 1st JR day" thread.
    It's never too early!
    The following users like this post: H82Lose


  23. #23
    I've heard we are in an up hill battle with A&M as a solid leader. Lot of time though.

  24. #24
    Step one get him on campus.
    ATM is going to be tough to beat, but Kish has been recruiting the kid for a while.
    And he's no longer climbing uphill in terms of how the LBs are used in the defense.
    Every LB saw Eric Striker dominate the Sugar bowl.
    3 users like atlantasooner's post: oorah_okie, OU812, SoonerDC


  25. #25
    barlowd's Avatar
    Posts
    13,116
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Whiskeytown

    Sumlin has never shown he can have a defense
    A&M will be 9-4 this year
    Have fun

  26. #26
    AcousticSoup's Avatar
    Posts
    13,366
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Falls

    Originally Posted by Sooner 1234 View Post
    Rhymes with fish and smells like it too
    Maybe you need to do a little Kish research. He's helped land some splashes this year in his second year.

  27. #27
    [QUOTE=AcousticSoup;1638450]Maybe you need to do a little Kish research. He's helped land some splashes this year in his second year.[/

    Great recruiters do what are last two hires did. Been here less then a year their asses off and got top kids from all over the country. Just wait until next years class already slammed with top talent on online and dline.
    I wonder how long kish has to be here to get a LB recruit that everyone wanted ??

    I'm sick of the myth of him being a great recruiter. Since he's been here he's has gotten a bunch of legacies /hometown kids.Dont get me wrong they are going to be really good players........... My point is he isn't getting the kids everyone else wants too.
    You wanna say he finds diamonds in the ruff that fine, but he never did at zona , and still hasn't here show to ability to get top flight lber talent .

  28. #28
    p23570's Avatar
    Posts
    1,381
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    moonbase 2

    Originally Posted by Sooner 1234 View Post
    Great recruiters do what are last two hires did. Been here less then a year their asses off and got top kids from all over the country. Just wait until next years class already slammed with top talent on online and dline.
    I wonder how long kish has to be here to get a LB recruit that everyone wanted ??

    I'm sick of the myth of him being a great recruiter. Since he's been here he's has gotten a bunch of legacies /hometown kids.Dont get me wrong they are going to be really good players........... My point is he isn't getting the kids everyone else wants too.
    You wanna say he finds diamonds in the ruff that fine, but he never did at zona , and still hasn't here show to ability to get top flight lber talent .
    first, great name, add a 5 on the end and i bet those numbers are the combination to your luggage.

    second, are you actually unaware that "are" is not the same word as "our" and that "then" and "than" also have distinct meanings?

    third, did you look at kish's commitment/target list for the last two years? he's gotten guys from all over the place at more than just the lb position. he had a shitty first year, but he's targeted a ton of guys over the last two years and has been the lead recruiter on 9 players on the current roster.
    The following users like this post: oorah_okie


  29. #29
    Originally Posted by p23570 View Post
    first, great name, add a 5 on the end and i bet those numbers are the combination to your luggage.

    second, are you actually unaware that "are" is not the same word as "our" and that "then" and "than" also have distinct meanings?

    third, did you look at kish's commitment/target list for the last two years? he's gotten guys from all over the place at more than just the lb position. he had a shitty first year, but he's targeted a ton of guys over the last two years and has been the lead recruiter on 9 players on the current roster.
    Looking at your avatar , let me guess virgin until mid twenties? Though so .

    Kish has YET to land anything over a 3 star recruit since he has been at Oklahoma. If you and Rivals want to give him the benefit of landing Andrews who is a wr, maybe you should read the rivals article where he quoted as being around Norevll and Stoops was the deciding factor. Never even mentioned kish, but why would he...hes a wr. Every coach has a region they recruit , but the position coach (of the recruit) is the closer , the one who seals the deal.
    Montgomery and Bedendbaugh, here not eve na year had a great class, and almost have their classes wrapped up for next year .....FULL of 4 and 5 star recruits that EVERYONE wants....and we just signed this class on wed. That's what a great recruiter is, and how they relate to kids.

    Heck Cale Gundy , all he does is get rbs year in year out that everybody wants, hes a great recruiter. Same with Norvell, he goes nationwide and gets elite talent , beating the big boys. Josh Heupel, hes gonna get an elite qb almost every season, recruits against everyone and usually wins.All those coaches are BETTER recruiters then Kish and the proof is in the pudding.

    Im not saying Kish is a bad recruiter, just an average one, all those coaches I named on this staff are better then him.

    Those 2 or 3 stars he recruits may end up being all americans , that's not the point. The point is why stud Linebackers aren't beating down our door, its because they don't have a position coach they can relate to, so to speak. We use to get 4 and 5 stars almost every year with Brent V, but he was a really good recruiter and kids loved him. Times have changed.

    Like I said recruiting ranking are some times a joke, but that's not the point. The point is beating bama, usc, fsu, texas, ohio state, for kids they want too. You have to win those battles time to time if you want to have elite talent. Sure we have a freshman all American that's a stud and a recruiting steal , but had all the big boys offered would we have still landed him(even though hes an in state kid???? I doubt it.

    Gyasi Akem /osu commit was a great talent. He was pro osu but the word on the street is he HATED kish, basically had no chance whatsoever with kish as his position coach.

    Have you seen kish? He RARELY will even speaks to the media. Hes not MR.Personality.

    My whole point is that I just don't understand why people keep saying hes some great recruiter, or that he just needs more time to build relationships. Great recruiters(Montgomery and Bedebaugh) don't need time or make excuses , Kids fricking love them......the proof is in the pudding. But you are right Im sure Mark Andrews came to ou because of Kish, whom he never even mentioned in his commit article( but did mention two other coaches)..... I mean Kish was his lead recruiter and he got to props for it.

    By the way thanks for the rivals link. I just looked at all classes Kish got from Arizona to present and in all those years that great recruiter has gotten ONE 4 star Linebacker......ONE. Surely an elite recruiter could sign some elite talent at his own position?
    Last edited by Sooner 1234; February 8th, 2014 at 11:10 AM.

  30. #30
    SoonerHawk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,545
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Norman, OK

    I've specifically seen tweets from the class that just signed, talking about how funny coach Kish was and how much they loved him. But don't let those facts get in the way of your opinion.

    Also, please put at least a small effort into checking spelling or basic grammar.
    The following users like this post: oorah_okie


  31. #31
    Originally Posted by ChickenWingKing View Post
    No point in arguing with the douche. The facts are there that Kish is a good coach. What else do you need to say? Curtis Bolton, Mark Andrews, Bond, and Evans are all great recruits who will thrive in our system. 1234 is probably El Diablo and he'll just keep spinning the argument.
    If you think Andrews coming to ou was because of kish , then your are the douche bag , not me .Read his rivals article where he committed he is quoted as saying his relationship with Norvell as the deciding factor . He's quoted .Not one single mention of kish but he also mentions his relationship with stoops. As I said kish recruited one 4 star lb in all his years at zona and ou.

  32. #32
    Originally Posted by ChickenWingKing View Post
    Spin city. Just take one part of that quote and emphasize it. LBs have became an impact group something they haven't been since 2008-2009. What ever though. Jerry Montgomery doesn't have a 4 star recruit on te d line. I guess he sucks too. Last post arguing with you I've already gone and broke my own advice. Post what ever makes you feel better
    I didn't take one part of a quote ,good read the whole article . Secondly Jerry worked Frison just as much bedenbaugh not to mention he's already got two 4 stars in next years class , soon to be a third . Kish couldn't wear Jerry's jock on recruiting , but what ever helps make your weak argument ...... Douche bag

  33. #33
    Originally Posted by Sooner 1234 View Post
    Great recruiters do what are last two hires did. Been here less then a year their asses off and got top kids from all over the country. Just wait until next years class already slammed with top talent on online and dline.
    I wonder how long kish has to be here to get a LB recruit that everyone wanted ??

    I'm sick of the myth of him being a great recruiter. Since he's been here he's has gotten a bunch of legacies /hometown kids.Dont get me wrong they are going to be really good players........... My point is he isn't getting the kids everyone else wants too.
    You wanna say he finds diamonds in the ruff that fine, but he never did at zona , and still hasn't here show to ability to get top flight lber talent .
    Can we ban this guy for being illiterate? I can't take someone's argument seriously that hasn't passed the 4th grade. Anyways, who cares how many stars his recruits have if he is developing them into All-Americans? And please, do say "the proof is in the pudding" just one more time.

  34. #34
    SoonerHawk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,545
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Norman, OK

    Originally Posted by Sooner 1234 View Post
    If you think Andrews coming to ou was because of kish , then your are the douche bag , not me .Read his rivals article where he committed he is quoted as saying his relationship with Norvell as the deciding factor . He's quoted .Not one single mention of kish but he also mentions his relationship with stoops. As I said kish recruited one 4 star lb in all his years at zona and ou.
    Again I say to you, what about all the recruits, that have been all over Twitter talking about, "how funny coach Kish is" how he's "the man" before they signed. Again don't let facts get in the way of your opinion.

  35. #35
    Originally Posted by The Bering Strait View Post
    Can we ban this guy for being illiterate? I can't take someone's argument seriously that hasn't passed the 4th grade. Anyways, who cares how many stars his recruits have if he is developing them into All-Americans? And please, do say "the proof is in the pudding" just one more time.
    That's kind of ruff dude.

  36. #36
    It's funny how this board has gone from wanting Kish's head to defending him but that's what happens when your team wins the Sugar Bowl against Bama. None of this has to do with Malik Jefferson though
    5 users like Ostrich's post: BleeOU1, Hotrod33, melbitoast, OU812, SoonerDC


  37. #37
    SoonerDC's Avatar
    Posts
    259
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Washington, DC

    Originally Posted by Ostrich View Post
    It's funny how this board has gone from wanting Kish's head to defending him but that's what happens when your team wins the Sugar Bowl against Bama. None of this has to do with Malik Jefferson though
    EXACTLY (on All points)!!!!!!!

  38. #38
    Some people wanted Kish's head. A lot of people also understood that Mike's scheme really screwed him over. I was mostly on the scout board at that time. Sorry for going off topic mods. Deleted above posts for the sake of the thread. Once again sorry mods.
    Last edited by ChickenWingKing; February 9th, 2014 at 02:58 AM.

  39. #39
    How bout you kids delete your posts, & go argue @ the playground?

    Does anyone know if we have Malik coming in on March 1st Jr. day? We have some ground to make up, but, we do have a while to do it. Get him into camp this SUmmer, w/ DeBerry & Mosa, & lets help those 3 build a relationship.

  40. #40
    melbitoast's Avatar
    Posts
    5,180
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Just north of Hell

    Originally Posted by txbbcoach4OU View Post
    How bout you kids delete your posts, & go argue @ the playground?

    Does anyone know if we have Malik coming in on March 1st Jr. day? We have some ground to make up, but, we do have a while to do it. Get him into camp this SUmmer, w/ DeBerry & Mosa, & lets help those 3 build a relationship.
    Post #21

  41. #41
    nlight1's Avatar
    Posts
    2,970
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Originally Posted by txbbcoach4OU View Post
    Does anyone know if we have Malik coming in on March 1st Jr. day?
    Yes he is

  42. #42
    1234= Dale rich?

    Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk

  43. #43
    barlowd's Avatar
    Posts
    13,116
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Whiskeytown

    mods clean this up please


    Some of us come to this forum to educate ourselves about possible future Sooners. Leave crap, not related to subject, at least to the rant thread.







    *I know, ironic post is ironic
    The following users like this post: Ostrich


  44. #44
    I think we need a 2015 rant thread and cleanse the board of all dre clark posts. It's over. Time to move on.
    The following users like this post: suncoastsooner


  45. #45
    suncoastsooner's Avatar
    Posts
    8,911
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Destin, Florida

    Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    I think we need a 2015 rant thread and cleanse the board of all dre clark posts. It's over. Time to move on.
    Honestly it would be nice to have a new rant thread every year and move the old one to the Heisman forum. I rarely post in them but read them frequently and a new one each year would be at least a little easier to sort through.
    4 users like suncoastsooner's post: Hang Half a Hundred, Ostrich, SoonerDC, soonerguy742


  46. #46
    Sooner94's Avatar
    Posts
    209
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Warshington State

    So... does anybody have any valuable information about Malik Jefferson they would like to add to this intelligent conversation?
    2 users like Sooner94's post: Boomer14, WestCoastSooner


  47. #47
    barlowd's Avatar
    Posts
    13,116
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Whiskeytown

    Originally Posted by SoonerDC View Post
    This post coming from a douche bag who says shit like this:

    "To end this.....**** you blacks, asians, messicans and any non whites. George Zimmerman would like to have a talk with you"

    Yes I agree... Mods, can you please clean up this site by kicking dumb asses like this off please!!!
    It was a post veiled in irony about racist dumbfucks, guess you are too stupid to realize that.

  48. #48
    melbitoast's Avatar
    Posts
    5,180
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Just north of Hell

    SHUT UP AND STAY ON TOPIC! PLEASE!
    The following users like this post: Sooner94


  49. #49
    Originally Posted by Sooner94 View Post
    So... does anybody have any valuable information about Malik Jefferson they would like to add to this intelligent conversation?
    I'll give it a whirl.

    As of now, Malik Jefferson WILL be at OU's JR Day in March. (That JR Day looks like it could also have a ton of elite level talent in attendance.)

    I'm not 100% sure but it is rumored that Texas A&M is in the lead right now. I've also seen where he grew up a Texas fan.

    OU was his 1st offer so we'll see if that has any weight in his recruitment. Sounds like a player who really likes to blitz off the edge from
    what I've seen in interviews. Hopefully he watched Striker abuse Bama off the edge in the Sugar Bowl.

  50. #50
    melbitoast's Avatar
    Posts
    5,180
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Just north of Hell

    Originally Posted by AlvinMack55 View Post
    I'll give it a whirl.

    As of now, Malik Jefferson WILL be at OU's JR Day in March. (That JR Day looks like it could also have a ton of elite level talent in attendance.)

    I'm not 100% sure but it is rumored that Texas A&M is in the lead right now. I've also seen where he grew up a Texas fan.

    OU was his 1st offer so we'll see if that has any weight in his recruitment. Sounds like a player who really likes to blitz off the edge from
    what I've seen in interviews. Hopefully he watched Striker abuse Bama off the edge in the Sugar Bowl.
    I think he was part of that group of 5 (with Daylon Mack) from east Texas that were all talking about going to A&M together. Not sure how much that is still in play, but A&M has already landed commitments from 3 of those 5. Hopefully he makes it to our JR day and begins to really consider OU.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: February 13th, 2014, 04:09 PM
  2. Interesting article about the Malik McDowell drama
    By Hang Half a Hundred in forum Owen Field
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: February 10th, 2014, 10:34 AM
  3. '14 DE Malik Dorton- Offer
    By Vodnik in forum Recruiting
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: October 29th, 2013, 11:49 PM