Capital Building Being Evacuated Right Now

Posted 636 day(s) ago 976 Views 29 Replies

There is a bomb threat at the Capitol building. Guess they are taking it quite serious.

State or federal?

State

Rep. Dorman said the evacuation was efficient, calm, and safe. At first he believed there may be a fire, but he was later told they were forced to leave the building because of a bomb threat.

Gov. Mary Fallin was in the building at the time, and she was evacuated, as well.

Police and the bomb squad are now searching the State Capitol room by room to make sure there is no threat.

There were hundreds of school children at the State Capitol because they're celebrating Colonial Day. They're learning about the Colonial period in American history, and dressed up in costumes as part of the experience.

No one was hurt during the evacuation, and all the children are safe.
    http://www.newson6.com/story/2093462...ng-bomb-threat

Dang man, I hope it's not true.

they are after Mary Fallin!!!111!1!!!

Funny. I get a email alert this morning from News9 about a crash on I40 near Harrah road but not a thing about this.

All clear. Person who called in the threat has been arrested.

There were a ton of people there getting ready for session to start Monday, plus all the kids. Scary.
    3 users like McRib's post: SiggyPoke, SirPrize, SoonerBeerSnob

How the hell do you get caught calling in a bomb threat? Did they use their cell phone? The ****s wrong with people. Everyone knows the number one rule of bomb threats is use a pay phone.

Shit I hope feds don't kick down my door for saying that.

Originally Posted by Gary Manilow View Post
    How the hell do you get caught calling in a bomb threat? Did they use their cell phone? The ****s wrong with people. Everyone knows the number one rule of bomb threats is use a pay phone.
    Have you not see Person of Interest? The have cameras everywhere. Including on pay phones.
    The following users like this post: The Baconator®

Originally Posted by Julz View Post
    Funny. I get a email alert this morning from News9 about a crash on I40 near Harrah road but not a thing about this.
    apparently the good folks of Harrah rank higher than the creeps at the capital.
    The following users like this post: BernieMadoff

what's a pay phone?
    The following users like this post: bushmaster06

Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    All clear. Person who called in the threat has been arrested.

There were a ton of people there getting ready for session to start Monday, plus all the kids. Scary.
    How are you posting from jail?

Dude should waited til Monday, everybody & their dog & their social work students & the media will be there for the gang bang.
    The following users like this post: Mississippi Sooner

Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
    How are you posting from jail?
    Shhhhhhhhh!

Wrong, I had a friend of mine in High school who was dared to call in a bomb threat during the last week of our Sophomore year. Used a pay phone way out of the way. Made sure that there were no security camera's at the site. Feds traced it and nailed his ass. Completely ruined his life. Feel bad for the guy.

Duh, the #1 Rule is to use somebody else's phone...

Originally Posted by DRL View Post
    Wrong, I had a friend of mine in High school who was dared to call in a bomb threat during the last week of our Sophomore year. Used a pay phone way out of the way. Made sure that there were no security camera's at the site. Feds traced it and nailed his ass. Completely ruined his life. Feel bad for the guy.

I had some friends get busted by the feds for bricking mailboxes, while it was kinda scarey when they were young, I can't say it ruined their lives.

Obviously this is a joke, state workers don't work on a Friday.

So if he used a pay phone with no cameras at the site, how exactly did the Feds "trace" it specifically back to him? I understand they can trace it to what phone, but how did they determine specifically who placed the call?

Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    So if he used a pay phone with no cameras at the site, how exactly did the Feds "trace" it specifically back to him? I understand they can trace it to what phone, but how did they determine specifically who placed the call?
    From what I understand they compiled a bunch of security tapes from around the general area. Narrowed it down to vehicles that drove in the vacinity of pay phone around the time of the call. Basically tied his car to being there and leaving the school around the same time period. He admitted to it once they brought him in for questioning.

Or one of your friends snitched on him.

Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post

or he was a ****

Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    There were only 3 of us besides him that knew about it. We didn't leave each others side for the 2 days before he was caught. We knew we were in deep shit. We all ended up serving some suspension. He ended up in juvy and having all sorts of stuff on his record.

There were only 3 of us besides him that knew about it. We didn't leave each others side for the 2 days before he was caught. We knew we were in deep shit. We all ended up serving some suspension. He ended up in juvy and having all sorts of stuff on his record.
    So what exactly was the motivation for calling in a bomb threat? Did he not study for his chemistry test?

Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    So what exactly was the motivation for calling in a bomb threat? Did he not study for his chemistry test?
    Just a dumb dare between friends. The 4 of us were just screwing around between classes daring each other to do stupid stuff. He said something to the effect of you pay me $100 bucks and you could get me to do just about anything. One of guys said "$100 bucks you call in a bomb threat." He said "no." We called him a ****, he said no again. That was it. No big deal we laughed then dropped it. Then he was gone during lunch for an extended amount of time. When he came back he said "Where's my hundred bucks?" About 5 minutes later they evacuated the school.

Where are pay phones? Also, payphones have a lot of germs.

Pay a homeless person to buy a burner phone in cash at a convenience store with no cameras. Then wipe the phone and throw it in a river.

Originally Posted by DIB View Post
    Pay a homeless person to buy a burner phone in cash at a convenience store with no cameras. Then wipe the phone and throw it in a river.
    On tv they always break the phone in half first so you must do that before throwing into a river.