FEB 1 BHM

Posted 664 day(s) ago 805 Views 29 Replies
Results 1 to 30 of 30
  1. #1

  2. #2

    FEB 1 BHM

    I was going to queue something up today if you didn't. I may wait til later in the week now though. WB.

  3. #3
    Hmmm... I'd just like to tell my kids when the official WHM is. Anyone know that one? Because I'd really like to explain to them why it's fair that all races have a history month named after them.

    CHM? MHM? NAHM? Bueller?

  4. #4
    Thought maybe BHM stood for Barack Hussein-yo Mama.

  5. #5
    Malcolm X was a Muslim extremist who was murdered by Muslim extremists.

  6. #6

    FEB 1 BHM

    Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Malcolm X was a Muslim extremist who was murdered by Muslim extremists.
    Murdered by Farakhan wasn't he?

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Murdered by Farakhan wasn't he?
    Yep. What a great guy. I think Obama's church gave Farrakhan a lifetime achievement award too.

  8. #8
    Shooter's Avatar
    Posts
    7,486
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Closer to the action than you are.


  9. #9
    Bruthaman, You have never been the slave of a white man, Why do you hate whites so much ? I'm white and I'll guarantee you I don't hate blacks. WTF ?

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by Shooterms View Post
    It figures fox news would give this guy an outlet.. Sure glad less people are watching that totally biased so called NEWS channel.

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Yep. What a great guy. I think Obama's church gave Farrakhan a lifetime achievement award too.
    Come on Gonzo Romney lost give it a rest. Americans choose Obama just get over it already !

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by boomermagic View Post
    Bruthaman, You have never been the slave of a white man, Why do you hate whites so much ? I'm white and I'll guarantee you I don't hate blacks. WTF ?
    I dont hate white people. I dont hate anyone. Its a typical response to things like this. In the end, its all about improving the black community and overcoming white privilege.

  13. #13

    Re: FEB 1 BHM

    I hate some blacks..but I also hate some whites as well. I hate people based on what the stand for. Not by the color of their skin. But I do hate people who try to bring race into every ****ing topic.

  14. #14

    FEB 1 BHM

    Originally Posted by bruthaman View Post
    I dont hate white people. I dont hate anyone. Its a typical response to things like this. In the end, its all about improving the black community and overcoming white privilege.
    They're standing on the corner and they can't speak English. I can't even talk the way these people talk: Why you ain't, Where you is, What he drive, Where he stay, Where he work, Who you be... And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk. And then I heard the father talk.

    Everybody knows it's important to speak English except these knuckleheads. You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth. In fact you will never get any kind of job making a decent living.

    People marched and were hit in the face with rocks to get an education, and now we've got these knuckleheads walking around. The lower economic people are not holding up their end in this deal. These people are not parenting. They are buying things for kids. $500 sneakers for what? And they won't spend $200 for Hooked on Phonics.

    I am talking about these people who cry when their son is standing there in an orange suit. Where were you when he was 2? Where were you when he was 12? Where were you when he was 18 and how come you didn't know that he had a pistol? And where is the father? Or who is his father?

    People putting their clothes on backward: Isn't that a sign of something gone wrong? People with their hats on backward, pants down around the crack, isn't that a sign of something? Or are you waiting for Jesus to pull his pants up? Isn't it a sign of something when she has her dress all the way up and got all type of needles [piercing] going through her body?

    What part of Africa did this come from? We are not Africans. Those people are not Africans; they don't know a thing about Africa. With names like Shaniqua, Taliqua and Mohammed and all of that crap, and all of them are in jail.

    Brown or black versus the Board of Education is no longer the white person's problem. We have got to take the neighborhood back. People used to be ashamed. Today a woman has eight children with eight different 'husbands' — or men or whatever you call them now. We have millionaire football players who cannot read. We have million-dollar basketball players who can't write two paragraphs. We as black folks have to do a better job. Someone working at Wal-Mart with seven kids, you are hurting us. We have to start holding each other to a higher standard.

    We cannot blame the white people any longer.
    6 users like oucub23's post: Coach, greensooner, JDShellnutt, Sooner 4 Life, Sooner Bob, TIMB0B


  15. #15
    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    They're standing on the corner and they can't speak English. I can't even talk the way these people talk: Why you ain't, Where you is, What he drive, Where he stay, Where he work, Who you be... And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk. And then I heard the father talk.

    Everybody knows it's important to speak English except these knuckleheads. You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth. In fact you will never get any kind of job making a decent living.

    People marched and were hit in the face with rocks to get an education, and now we've got these knuckleheads walking around. The lower economic people are not holding up their end in this deal. These people are not parenting. They are buying things for kids. $500 sneakers for what? And they won't spend $200 for Hooked on Phonics.

    I am talking about these people who cry when their son is standing there in an orange suit. Where were you when he was 2? Where were you when he was 12? Where were you when he was 18 and how come you didn't know that he had a pistol? And where is the father? Or who is his father?

    People putting their clothes on backward: Isn't that a sign of something gone wrong? People with their hats on backward, pants down around the crack, isn't that a sign of something? Or are you waiting for Jesus to pull his pants up? Isn't it a sign of something when she has her dress all the way up and got all type of needles [piercing] going through her body?

    What part of Africa did this come from? We are not Africans. Those people are not Africans; they don't know a thing about Africa. With names like Shaniqua, Taliqua and Mohammed and all of that crap, and all of them are in jail.

    Brown or black versus the Board of Education is no longer the white person's problem. We have got to take the neighborhood back. People used to be ashamed. Today a woman has eight children with eight different 'husbands' — or men or whatever you call them now. We have millionaire football players who cannot read. We have million-dollar basketball players who can't write two paragraphs. We as black folks have to do a better job. Someone working at Wal-Mart with seven kids, you are hurting us. We have to start holding each other to a higher standard.

    We cannot blame the white people any longer.
    Im not blaming anyone. White privelege exist and it has to be overcome if youre an African in america. That has to be taught, not ignored under the dream that racism and privilege dont exist. People that talk like you described do need to change it, but some white country people can have all the country, backwoods slang they want and nobody dogs him/her out. Its all bad english but the black kids dont have the privilege of being white to get more of a pass on it that a white guy can.

    The white man can say this or that isnt his problem anymore because he controls everything. I say there is still a problem. Whos right? Money will make the white man right. Thats what has to change and up to this point, nothing that has been done has worked.


  16. #16
    Coach's Avatar
    Posts
    11,272
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    FEB 1 BHM

    Originally Posted by bruthaman View Post
    Im not blaming anyone. White privelege exist and it has to be overcome if youre an African in america. That has to be taught, not ignored under the dream that racism and privilege dont exist. People that talk like you described do need to change it, but some white country people can have all the country, backwoods slang they want and nobody dogs him/her out. Its all bad english but the black kids dont have the privilege of being white to get more of a pass on it that a white guy can.

    The white man can say this or that isnt his problem anymore because he controls everything. I say there is still a problem. Whos right? Money will make the white man right. Thats what has to change and up to this point, nothing that has been done has worked.

    I think you are wrong. Black Americans also have to overcome this. It's not just immigrants from Africa.

  17. #17

    FEB 1 BHM

    Originally Posted by bruthaman View Post
    Im not blaming anyone. White privelege exist and it has to be overcome if youre an African in america. That has to be taught, not ignored under the dream that racism and privilege dont exist. People that talk like you described do need to change it, but some white country people can have all the country, backwoods slang they want and nobody dogs him/her out. Its all bad english but the black kids dont have the privilege of being white to get more of a pass on it that a white guy can.

    The white man can say this or that isnt his problem anymore because he controls everything. I say there is still a problem. Whos right? Money will make the white man right. Thats what has to change and up to this point, nothing that has been done has worked.

    What part of Africa did this come from? We are not Africans. Those people are not Africans; they don't know a thing about Africa. With names like Shaniqua, Taliqua and Mohammed and all of that crap, and all of them are in jail.

    You're starting from a position of division. And you are wrong about the perception of toothless hillbillies.

  18. #18
    Originally Posted by bruthaman View Post
    Im not blaming anyone. White privelege exist and it has to be overcome if youre an African in america. That has to be taught, not ignored under the dream that racism and privilege dont exist. People that talk like you described do need to change it, but some white country people can have all the country, backwoods slang they want and nobody dogs him/her out. Its all bad english but the black kids dont have the privilege of being white to get more of a pass on it that a white guy can.

    The white man can say this or that isnt his problem anymore because he controls everything. I say there is still a problem. Whos right? Money will make the white man right. Thats what has to change and up to this point, nothing that has been done has worked.

    As a person of non-color, I say jewish privilege is the problem.

  19. #19

    Re: FEB 1 BHM

    Originally Posted by TIMB0B View Post
    As a person of non-color, I say jewish privilege is the problem.
    White's a color last time I checked

  20. #20
    Originally Posted by Sooner 4 Life View Post
    White's a color last time I checked
    I'm the invisible man.
    The following users like this post: Sooner 4 Life


  21. #21

    FEB 1 BHM

    Originally Posted by TIMB0B View Post
    As a person of non-color, I say jewish privilege is the problem.
    As a person of several colors, I say saying someone else is the problem is the problem.

  22. #22
    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    As a person of several colors, I say saying someone else is the problem is the problem.
    I would blame myself, but no one would believe me.

  23. #23
    Dexa's Avatar
    Posts
    3,377
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Seoul, South Korea

    FEB 1 BHM

    Bruthaman.. Do you acknowledge there is a culture of ignorance in the black community?

    Why is it so hard for a black child to educate themselves?

    Why are they brought down by their friends and family if they try to make something of themselves?

    Why are they a target of other black children AND ADULTS when they speak proper English and grammar?

    Obviously this isn't accurate for 100% but it's a big problem and I want to understand why it exists.

  24. #24
    Originally Posted by Dexa View Post
    Bruthaman.. Do you acknowledge there is a culture of ignorance in the black community?

    Why is it so hard for a black child to educate themselves?

    Why are they brought down by their friends and family if they try to make something of themselves?

    Why are they a target of other black children AND ADULTS when they speak proper English and grammar?

    Obviously this isn't accurate for 100% but it's a big problem and I want to understand why it exists.
    Yes.

    Lack of knowledge of self.

    They lose sight of that early by watching parents and other adults do the wrong shit. Very early.

    Its seen as being a sellout of sorts. Its seen as if you do that, you leave to be with the white man and then you think youre better because white people have accepted you......instead of coming back with the money you make to educate for rule rather than servitude. Not to give the money back, but to build businesses to make the community grow around. Malcolm X said it great in the video and I dont understand why anyone would be pissed about it. Its the truth. Just like sista soulja said too, america is all about business and money. We have to learn how to do that. Its been done before, but got snuffed out by the white man. We have to try again. Itll work this time as long as we stop caring what white people think about us.

  25. #25

    Re: FEB 1 BHM

    Originally Posted by bruthaman View Post
    Yes.

    Lack of knowledge of self.

    They lose sight of that early by watching parents and other adults do the wrong shit. Very early.

    Its seen as being a sellout of sorts. Its seen as if you do that, you leave to be with the white man and then you think youre better because white people have accepted you......instead of coming back with the money you make to educate for rule rather than servitude. Not to give the money back, but to build businesses to make the community grow around. Malcolm X said it great in the video and I dont understand why anyone would be pissed about it. Its the truth. Just like sista soulja said too, america is all about business and money. We have to learn how to do that. Its been done before, but got snuffed out by the white man. We have to try again. Itll work this time as long as we stop caring what white people think about us.
    All of your answers point to the black culture being the problem. And not the white man at all.

  26. #26
    Originally Posted by Dexa View Post
    Bruthaman.. Do you acknowledge there is a culture of ignorance in the black community?

    Why is it so hard for a black child to educate themselves?

    Why are they brought down by their friends and family if they try to make something of themselves?

    Why are they a target of other black children AND ADULTS when they speak proper English and grammar?

    Obviously this isn't accurate for 100% but it's a big problem and I want to understand why it exists.
    What do you think is the appropriate percentage?

  27. #27
    Originally Posted by Sooner 4 Life View Post
    All of your answers point to the black culture being the problem. And not the white man at all.
    Sooooo, why everybody ****ing? Ive maintained from day one that we have to do it for ourselves. Only thing ever said about the white man how he set the conditions for us to start from, then reset them, then reset them again, always worse than the time before. We had communities that grew and were prosperous, but always got knocked down by the law.......or law enforcements lack of enforcing the law. I beleive we have to teach those things so that we can see that we been driven to this behavior and to make sure we dont make the same mistakes as before by allowing others that dont have the best interest of the black community first in their hearts. Nothing about going to do anything to anyone, any harm, or violence to anyone like it has been done to us. We have to understand that this captialist country is all about money 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 40th and 100th, then the care for others stuff kicks in much later. Its cut throat for the money. Now, we cut throat, but its been each others and literally cut throat with gang violence and thug shit. We have to become business savvy and get into the fight for money that lasts. Then we have to employ and teach each other directly against every and anything that is not positive and that includes the legal system.

  28. #28
    Dexa's Avatar
    Posts
    3,377
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Seoul, South Korea

    Originally Posted by Sinatra View Post
    What do you think is the appropriate percentage?
    I can't even begin to answer that. I would say the % is higher in lower income areas and lower in middle to upper class areas.

    One of my black troops grew up in Syracuse and moved to Georgia in middle school. Her and her brother were all picked on by the black kids in that area because they spoke and acted "white."

  29. #29
    Aurora's Avatar
    Posts
    32,247
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Dark Side

    ohhhhh BHM (Black History Month) ....my brain needs to wake up

  30. #30
    Sooner Bob's Avatar
    Posts
    6,271
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    North of Waterloo Road

    That video of that Atlanta mall cop tazing the lady who wouldn't shut up and started to assault him pretty much explains everything they're up against. But good luck educating her about anything.
    2 users like Sooner Bob's post: JDShellnutt, Sooner 4 Life