will kruger be big 12 coach of the year?

Posted 628 day(s) ago 939 Views 20 Replies

will kruger be big 12 coach of the year?

if we finish top 4...he prolly should be...

here's a nice read on our awesome coach...

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-mens-bask...rticle/3751112

Definitely should be. We'll see if they split with Self like last year with Hoiberg

Lot of season left. If we continue on this track then I believe Coach Kruger will by COY. But, there's always a chance we don't finish as strong and ISU kicks ass and Hoiberg gets COY or KU runs the table and Self gets it. No matter what, Coach Kruger is awesome and just what we need right now.

I have to admit that I basically quit watching OU basketball post Griffin, but Kruger and his style of coaching has really impressed me this year, win or lose.
    2 users like PLM's post: Morningwood, opusrex

Travis Ford, anyone?

Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    Travis Ford, anyone?
    Lol.
    They should have lost to ISU, then they catch KU sleepwalking... I think OSU will lose another one they shouldn't to even out that upset, and finish right in the mix with everyone else behind KU and KSU.

Travis Ford, anyone?
    You're kidding, right?

The gray place between expectations and reality.

Originally Posted by Boognish View Post
    Lol.
    They should have lost to ISU, then they catch KU sleepwalking... I think OSU will lose another one they shouldn't to even out that upset, and finish right in the mix with everyone else behind KU and KSU.
    "Should have lost?" "Caught KU sleepwalking?" LOL.

OSU played really well in both of those games, otherwise they wouldn't have won. ISU, in particular, played perhaps their best game of the season against us and it took everything we had to win that game.

As for KU, that win speaks for itself. It's not like KU was awful. They shot and scored right around their season averages. OSU was just better.

To answer the question about Ford... I think OSU would probably have to win the Big 12 or finish 2nd for him to have a chance. Most were picking us 2nd or 3rd in the league in the preseason.

I think Kruger still has the inside track to coach of the year, unless OU totally tanks in the second half.

I don't see that there is any clear choice for COY. What has OU, or any other team, done that has been better than expected?

Originally Posted by oSuJeff97 View Post
    "Should have lost?" "Caught KU sleepwalking?" LOL.

OSU played really well in both of those games, otherwise they wouldn't have won. ISU, in particular, played perhaps their best game of the season against us and it took everything we had to win that game.

As for KU, that win speaks for itself. It's not like KU was awful. They shot and scored right around their season averages. OSU was just better.

To answer the question about Ford... I think OSU would probably have to win the Big 12 or finish 2nd for him to have a chance. Most were picking us 2nd or 3rd in the league in the preseason.

I think Kruger still has the inside track to coach of the year, unless OU totally tanks in the second half.
    Let me rephrase that... could easily have lost to ISU, who had OSU down by 11 in the second half and on the ropes late, and there were certainly some calls down the stretch that went OSU's way. But you're right, OSU did what they needed to do to win.
    The KU game was a great win. KU let Brown get loose in the first half. I'd argue that a) this KU team is not as good as last years or a lot of other recent years, but they benefit from a weaker than most years big XII, and b) KU was not playing their best, especially in the first half, against OSU. We'll see how they do in Stillwater, but yeah thats a good win. The problem is OSU has losses @OU and @Baylor which speak for themselves, too.

As for coach of the year, I think Kruger is out unless OU can finish with a record of 20-10 or dare I say 21-11 but I don't see that happening. I think 18-12 is most likely. If Hoiberg can keep ISU in the mix and they finish ahead of OSU, I think Hoiberg would be a good candidate. And hell, if KSU holds position at 2nd, you gotta consider Weber.
    Those 3 teams, ISU, KSU, OSU, should have some interesting match ups down the stretch. Will be interesting to see how they shake out.

OU lost for the 3rd time in 4 games and are 5-4 in league play.
    COY? I don't think so.

OU needs to get to 20 wins. If that happens, he will be COY. The home loss to KSU unfortunately completely nullified the road win at Baylor. Hopefully, the Sooners can upset a team they aren't supposed to beat down the road to get that back on track.

I don't see that there is any clear choice for COY. What has OU, or any other team, done that has been better than expected?
    I think right now, it's a horse race between Kruger and Hoiberg. I think whichever team finishes higher between OU and ISU will probably get COY.

I think right now, it's a horse race between Kruger and Hoiberg. I think whichever team finishes higher between OU and ISU will probably get COY.
    After last night, I think its going to go to Hoiberg. ISU is ridiculous from beyond the 3 point line.

Originally Posted by Stein7495 View Post
    After last night, I think its going to go to Hoiberg. ISU is ridiculous from beyond the 3 point line.

i think it will between hoiberg and weber......ford has an outside shot.......all depends where they finish in the big 12....
    the kstate loss prolly ended lon's chances....unless we somehow beat ku and osu...

Originally Posted by Stein7495 View Post
    We'll see how it plays out. The season ebbs and flows, as we've seen over the past 7-8 days.

Iowa State is about a week-and-a-half removed from losing to Texas Tech in Lubbock. I know it was a road game, but Tech is horrible. So while they're hot right now, they could very well cool off and lose a few games they shouldn't.

We'll see how it plays out. The season ebbs and flows, as we've seen over the past 7-8 days.

Iowa State is about a week-and-a-half removed from losing to Texas Tech in Lubbock. I know it was a road game, but Tech is horrible. So while they're hot right now, they could very well cool off and lose a few games they shouldn't.
    True that.
    And I think its down to the 3 teams, ISU/KSU/OSU for the second spot in the big XII by the end as well. Not sure if Baylor will stay in there and its pretty obvious OU won't get back in as they have a loss to KU coming, and that will put them back another step.
    KSU has a game up on OSU and ISU, but they all play each other and it could be a very interesting KSU @ OSU to finish the season off.

No

True that.
    And I think its down to the 3 teams, ISU/KSU/OSU for the second spot in the big XII by the end as well. Not sure if Baylor will stay in there and its pretty obvious OU won't get back in as they have a loss to KU coming, and that will put them back another step.
    KSU has a game up on OSU and ISU, but they all play each other and it could be a very interesting KSU @ OSU to finish the season off.
    Yeah -- the thing about Iowa State is that they are so dependent on 3-point shots, that you have to think it's going to cost them at some point.

They're also pretty poor on the defensive end. That alone cost them two huge road wins - @KU and @OSU.

They made 14 three-pointers in both games (and shot 54% against OSU) but still lost both games.

On the nights when the threes aren't falling (like @Tech, when they were 6 of 26), just about anybody can beat them.

Crazy shit in the big XII.
    Kansas loses @ TCU, OSU almost lets Baylor come back...
    I think KU is good enough to hold on and win the big XII, but holy shit if they keep playing like this who knows.

Crazy shit in the big XII.
    Kansas loses @ TCU, OSU almost lets Baylor come back...
    I think KU is good enough to hold on and win the big XII, but holy shit if they keep playing like this who knows.
    the squawks will lose at iowa st.....
    and maybe in norman too...