Texas Schedules Emergency Board of Regents Meeting on Sunday

Posted 607 day(s) ago by SoonerDan7401213520 Views 154 Replies
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
    Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post

Trainers from 09 poster said name was Gabby
    Ugly as shit too. http://www.godustdevils.com/staff.aspx?staff=54

if the truth comes out i believe Texas AD will be fire and maybe Mack Brown??

Had it been the fifth girl from the left, I might have given him some props.
    The following users like this post: suncoastsooner

Originally Posted by Sooner 4 Life View Post
    Don't see a problem here. She was an adult. Who cares if he ****ed her.
    1.) The problem with this is "Student files Lawsuit against school. Claims she was a victim of Quid Pro Quo, Grades for sex".. Now do see how it can only get worse for the school and not so much the coach?

2.) Legal and cultural problems that stem from firing a female coach for the same thing

3.) The trust a higher learning program needs to establish to fill its classrooms and generate tuitions is now hurting

Next i will say this. The offensive coordinator at Texas is 100x more valuable to the school then a Track and Field coach. Just saying

Lastly, all you clowns clapping and cheering are idiots. Would you be happy to find out that this goes on in your school? Teacher / Student relationships dont hurt just Texas, they hurt all colleges to some degree. I am not a fan of people in position of power having relationships with those they are in power of. Its sort of like being a Ceo of a company and sleeping with an Intern. It's corrupt and wrong no matter how "consensual" it is.

I reserve judgement until I see a picture of the the student.

Gaw. Again.

:: Double checks to see if posting in invisible ink::

Faculty policy violation.

All schools have a faculty conduct code, just like the student's code. This is what ours says about consensual sexual relationships.

Definitions - As used in this policy, the terms "faculty" or "faculty member" mean all those who teach at the University and include graduate students with teaching responsibilities and other instructional personnel. The terms "staff" or "staff members" mean all employees who are not faculty and include academic and nonacademic administrators as well as supervisory personnel. The term "consensual sexual relationship" may include amorous or romantic relationships and is intended to indicate conduct that goes beyond what a person of ordinary sensibilities would believe to be a collegial or professional relationship.

Consensual amorous, dating, or sexual relationships have inherent risks when they occur between a faculty member, supervisor, or other member of the University community and any person over whom he or she has a professional responsibility. As noted in the sex discrimination and sexual harassment policy, the risks include a student or subordinate’s feeling coerced into an unwanted relationship to ensure they receive a proper educational or employment experience; potential conflicts of interest in which the person is in a position to evaluate the work or make personnel or academic decisions with respect to the individual with whom he or she is romantically involved; a perception by students or employees that a fellow student or coworker who is involved in a romantic relationship with his or her supervisor or professor will receive an unfair advantage; either or both of the parties engaging in behavior destructive to the other or their academic or working environments if the relationship ends; and the potential that University/state resources are used inappropriately to further the romantic relationship.

Those with professional responsibility over others and with whom they have a romantic relationship should be aware that their involvement may subject them and the University to legal liability; consequently, such relationships are strongly discouraged. “Professional responsibility” is defined as performing functions including but not limited to teaching, counseling, grading, advising, evaluating, hiring, supervising, and making decisions or recommendations that confer benefits such as promotions, financial aid awards, or other remuneration, or that may impact upon other academic or employment opportunities.

And specifically staff/student relationships:
    Consensual sexual relationships between staff and students are prohibited in cases in which the staff member has authority or control over the student. A staff member who fails to withdraw from participation in activities or decisions that may reward or penalize a student with whom the staff member has or has had an amorous relationship will be deemed to have violated his or her ethical obligation to the student, to other students, to colleagues, and to the University. Failure to abide by this policy may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination.

Originally Posted by Nazgul View Post

That girl looks nothing like the girl that vodnik and usao linked to..... Which one is it?

From

Originally Posted by JNip
    Lol!! I've known about this forever!!! I'm best friends with former trainers at UT and they told me the story about being called over to have a "private" meeting about Major's actions. He had sex with a former trainer (not good looking, I've met her), and they tried to keep it as a secret for so long. Lol lol lol. I had forgotten about this until I saw this. Lol, I know everything about this but I'm drunk so I'll ask for more details smd bring it to shaggy tomorrow. This is hilarious just bc I've about this got over a yr
    JNip = Chp?
    2 users like McRib's post: oorah_okie, Shooter

You dont call a BOR meeting on a Sunday to fire an assistant coach. Dodds, Mack or both will be fired
    The following users like this post: freedombird

Trainers from 09 poster said name was Gabby
    supposedly he ****ed the ugly one...

Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    Which one???
    The following users like this post: suncoastsooner

Originally Posted by Straz1999 View Post
    Which one???
    exactly.
    4 users like bushmaster06's post: freedombird, greensooner, Straz1999, suncoastsooner

Gets stoops and co on a plane to tx now...this much uncertainty can only help us try to flip a commit or two

Maybe I am missing it, but how would this get Dodds fired?

Did he mean the second girl from the left? The first three people are boys. She is hot.

Originally Posted by lycao View Post
    Maybe I am missing it, but how would this get Dodds fired?
    Third sex scandal within the athletic department under his watch, and it seems the BOR is just now finding out about this.

Chick or dude? Dude, right?
    5 users like McRib's post: brokebacksooner, Houston Cougar, Lake_Bum, OUrage, party1234

Originally Posted by OrangeBlossom View Post
    Third sex scandal within the athletic department under his watch, and it seems the BOR is just now finding out about this.
    Pretty good expiation, but knowing Texas they will probably give him a raise.

Originally Posted by Nazgul View Post

Originally Posted by SoonerDick View Post
    Did he mean the second girl from the left? The first three people are boys. She is hot.
    How much have you guys had to drink tonight?

Applewhite said he had to go in and sub for Chris Simms late in the 4th.

Originally Posted by Vodnik View Post
    Vodnik, I just sat right behind that chick for over two hours at a women's basketball game a couple of weeks ago. Not knowing anything about this incident I did notice her as being reasonably attractive. She looked better in person than that picture showed.

on the field at the Fiesta Bowl in question. i don't remember the fans rushing the field sooooo

Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

Re: Texas Schedules Emergency Board of Regents Meeting on Sunday

Originally Posted by OrangeBlossom View Post
    The bigger problem for Deloss appears that he already found out about this and "disciplined" major... it also appears that major got off very light (or wasn't really punished at all) given the BOR is just now finding out about it.

MEANWHILE, for essentially the same offense, the black, woman, lesbian was fired immediately.

So, yes... this could most definitely be a big problem for old deloss... and mack too, depending on his involvement.

Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

Re: Texas Schedules Emergency Board of Regents Meeting on Sunday

Originally Posted by Yuck Fu View Post
    Vodnik, I just sat right behind that chick for over two hours at a women's basketball game a couple of weeks ago. Not knowing anything about this incident I did notice her as being reasonably attractive. She looked better in person than that picture showed.
    Yeah, I thought the term "ugly as shit" was a bit overstated...

Oh, and protip for vodnik: if you are going to cheat on your wife/girlfriend... you aren't going to be seen in public with said accomplice. SO, you'd be better served to choose the accomplice based not on looks as much as ability, lack of boundaries regarding her mucous membranes, and/or liberal stance on what she will put in her mouth. If you are picking her based on her relative beauty to your current wife/girlfriend, then you are doing it wrong.
    3 users like MikeLucky's post: OUCarlton, SoulRebel, stlOU

on the field at the Fiesta Bowl in question. i don't remember the fans rushing the field sooooo
    Looks as if she might have a pretty nice set of "Major Applewhites" in that pic.

Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post

Oh, and protip for vodnik: if you are going to cheat on your wife/girlfriend... you aren't going to be seen in public with said accomplice. SO, you'd be better served to choose the accomplice based not on looks as much as ability, lack of boundaries regarding her mucous membranes, and/or liberal stance on what she will put in her mouth. If you are picking her based on her relative beauty to your current wife/girlfriend, then you are doing it wrong.
    Okay I'm a bit confused there Mike. Why not go for it all when trying to get "Lucky"?

This is a ploy to add a prime time drama to the LHN.
    2 users like James K. Polk's post: Cabbage_town_kid, Tundra

Originally Posted by tennsooner View Post
    Okay I'm a bit confused there Mike. Why not go for it all when trying to get "Lucky"?
    Basically Mike is saying that he doesn't set the bar high when he cheats. He'll settle for a 4 or 5.

Originally Posted by Nuked View Post
    Awesome! You da man, Nuked.

Has this been posted over on yet?
    2 users like Stinger_1066's post: Sooner 4 Life, suncoastsooner

The bigger problem for Deloss appears that he already found out about this and "disciplined" major... it also appears that major got off very light (or wasn't really punished at all) given the BOR is just now finding out about it.

MEANWHILE, for essentially the same offense, the black, woman, lesbian was fired immediately.

So, yes... this could most definitely be a big problem for old deloss... and mack too, depending on his involvement.
    I'm sure they'll come up with a creative way to spin the two situations as not being the same.

For example, the policy they used to fire the woman coach specifically mentioned "head" coaches and players.

Applewhite is not the head coach, and the girl was not a player. That leaves them an out. Not sure it will work, but I'm sure Dodd's attorney will play that card if he needs to.

While it would be hilarious to see UT in meltdown mode I can't help but hope that this doesn't get Mack fired.

UT, with all the built in advantages in recruiting, is a scary thing to think about if they get a good coach. That being said, knowing the good ol boys that run UT I'm sure someone's ass is on the line but I doubt it's all three.

Oh yeah - gonna be a pissed off board of regents, considering they 're gonna have to miss the superbowl parties.

Can someone photoshop her holding up the 'Shocker' hand signal please?

Maybe a triangle with Major, a Shipley and a McCoy.

Bout the only thing that could make this better is if it happened one week into the football season. Offseason sucks. Waste of a good scandal.

This isn't about Applewhite per se. He was reprimanded for his transgression after it happened. This is about gender discrimination; i.e., the female coach who was much more severly punished for a similar incident.

I was right behind their bench and she was dressed nice and had make up on. She looked a bit thinner in the face in real life. She occasionally would smile at us as she walked behind the bench. Not a knockout by any means but decent looking and seemed classy. The large chi chi's were also noted that night.

I'll see her again in a couple of weeks at a game. I'm gonna wear a redheaded wig and a whorn coaching golf shirt and see if it gets me anywhere.
    4 users like Yuck Fu's post: IndySooner, OUCarlton, Slappyslapopolus, tennsooner

Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    Best news I've heard all week.

And, insert Case-McCoy-watched joke here.
    Shit, I bet Case was the student in question.
    The following users like this post: McRib

Wow, I go to bed early last night and missed all this?

not gonna lie, this is how I hope every Saturday morning starts for me...something that makes Texas look stupid...I can do that 52 weeks out of the year every year

2 users like Jason's post: MadMex, McRib

Last edited by OrangeBlossom; February 2nd, 2013 at 02:28 PM.

I don't think Applewhite's situation is as similar to the track coach as some of you. His appeared to be a 1-time thing. Hers was a long-term relationship where she had plenty of time to think "I shouldn't be involved in this relationship". Having said that, I think Applewhite's punishment was WAY too light. Freezing his salary for 11 months and making his see a counselor? And the dreaded "letter in your file"? Give me a break.

Originally Posted by fdubzou View Post
    Wait, why is this a problem? Two consenting adults having a sexual relationship?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Rules dumb****!!!!

University found out in 2009. Kept it under the rug.
    They spent a full year investigating through early 2010. Kept it under the rug for another 3 years.

All totaled, they hid it for over 4 years. I wonder how long it would have remained a secret had it not leaked out?

Certainly not the same offense, but definitely the same culture we saw from Penn State.....hide it and hope no lawsuits come out. UT should be so proud of how this was handled.

Edited for ****ed up grammar.
    The following users like this post: GRIDIRON

Last edited by meandmybutt; February 2nd, 2013 at 11:18 PM.

Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    So he ****ed all of them...wow, Applewhite is a freak!!!

Originally Posted by jimmyd View Post
    1.) The problem with this is "Student files Lawsuit against school. Claims she was a victim of Quid Pro Quo, Grades for sex".. Now do see how it can only get worse for the school and not so much the coach?

2.) Legal and cultural problems that stem from firing a female coach for the same thing

3.) The trust a higher learning program needs to establish to fill its classrooms and generate tuitions is now hurting

Next i will say this. The offensive coordinator at Texas is 100x more valuable to the school then a Track and Field coach. Just saying

Lastly, all you clowns clapping and cheering are idiots. Would you be happy to find out that this goes on in your school? Teacher / Student relationships dont hurt just Texas, they hurt all colleges to some degree. I am not a fan of people in position of power having relationships with those they are in power of. Its sort of like being a Ceo of a company and sleeping with an Intern. It's corrupt and wrong no matter how "consensual" it is.
    I don't really care that he cheated on his wife. That's between him and his family.
    I don't care that he ****ed a student. It happens more than people think.
    I don't care that there are rules in place and contract terms that effectively say as a condition of your employment you will not **** students. It's the university's problem to decide whether too fire him or hold him to a lesser standard than other....opening the university up to more lawsuits.

It concerns me that UT is a public institute and an NCAA member and they swept this under the rug. His it until it leaked and prayed no lawsuits would come of it. Seems like NCAA should fine them big dollars or PSUs current lawsuit claiming excessive and unusual treatment will have merit.