How to Mathematically Make the Perfect Nacho

Posted 660 day(s) ago 995 Views 15 Replies

Seriously considering making these for the Super Bowl.

http://m.gizmodo.com/5980925/how-to-...perfect-nachos
    2 users like ArbySooner's post: oucub23, SiggyPoke

Interesting approach - definitely labor intensive. But uniformity for each chip is the payoff. Nachos can be sloppy with some chips getting overwhelmed by the toppings and others getting nothing.

Now that I think about it, I was introduced to nachos by my older sister when we were young with a similar approach.

She would take each individual chip, spread a dollop of cheese whiz on it, and place a small slice of pickled jalapeno on top. Then place them on a cookie sheet and cook under the broiler for a minute or so to get the desired doneness.

Looked something like this:

I love all nachos.

Those look like something you'd get in some smanshy pantsy foo foo place that puts three on a plate and charges 18.99$ just for the presentation alone.. Nachos are supposed to be messy and cheesy and stringy when you eat them. If you don't have a 1 to 10 ratio on your shirt than in your stomach then you are doing something wrong.
    2 users like KCRuf/Nek's post: Clark W. Griswold, Jenn and tonic

Originally Posted by nocalsooner View Post
    Interesting approach - definitely labor intensive. But uniformity for each chip is the payoff. Nachos can be sloppy with some chips getting overwhelmed by the toppings and others getting nothing.

Now that I think about it, I was introduced to nachos by my older sister when we were young with a similar approach.

She would take each individual chip, spread a dollop of cheese whiz on it, and place a small slice of pickled jalapeno on top. Then place them on a cookie sheet and cook under the broiler for a minute or so to get the desired doneness.

My mom used to make nachos similar to this when I was a kid (circa 79-80). Round tortilla chips on a baking sheet, a slice of Cracker Barrel cheddar, and a jalapeño slice. Perfection.
    The following users like this post: Sieve

My first wife used to call me anal, cause I would spend an hour maybe making nachos, making sure each chip had the ultimate amount of cheese and chilli and chicken (Or whatever I was using), I wanted to make sure every freaking bite was MONEY! Although that was back in my stoner days, might of had something to do with it..

I'm sure I'll get ridiculed for this, but one of my favorite all time foods is leftover taco meat on top of just regular yellow corn tortilla chips, topped with slices of velveeta. Some shredded cheese on top of that. Some pickled jalapenos. Heat in the microwave. I can't remember the last time I actually had it, but if you ask me what my death row meal is, that might be up there.

Fresh japs are the only way to go.

racist.

Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    racist.
    I think you should focus more on the fresh part of my comment.

Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    I think you should focus more on the fresh part of my comment.
    What if you'd been talking about using fresh ******s?

Originally Posted by nocalsooner View Post

Any thing using cheese wiz is a complete failure! No cheese should come out of a can... JMO

Some meat off the last two baby back ribs from the last smoke.

Fresh jalapeños

Cheese

My daughter picked up a few avocados that were too firm for guac but they still taste great diced up on my nachos

Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post

Some meat off the last two baby back ribs from the last smoke.

Fresh jalapeños

Cheese

My daughter picked up a few avocados that were too firm for guac but they still taste great diced up on my nachos
    Nice! Sounds great, except for the avocados