OKC parking ticket question

Posted 686 day(s) ago 1063 Views 17 Replies

I got a parking ticket down in Bricktown a few weeks ago. I went online to pay it today and noticed that they got the tag# wrong. The last letter is incorrect. They didn't write down the vin or anything else besides make/model. I think I shouldn't pay it and be in the clear while the wife thinks otherwise. What say you?

Take it to traffic court and see what a says. I'd argue that if the meter maid can't read a license plate either. You'll probably still have to pay, but who knows?

Pay the ticket. Don't park illegally next time.
    The following users like this post: morrisja20

Well if they got everything wrong how can they know that it is from "your car"...i would call them and see if there is anything that puts the ticket to your name, if not don'tpay it

I always heard that you couldn't get prosecuted for failing to pay parking tickets because there's no proof that you were driving the car. Probably not true, but I never pay parking tickets and have suffered no tangible consequences thus far.

Re: OKC parking ticket question

Originally Posted by Gary Manilow View Post
    I always heard that you couldn't get prosecuted for failing to pay parking tickets because there's no proof that you were driving the car. Probably not true, but I never pay parking tickets and have suffered no tangible consequences thus far.
    Lol

I wouldn't pay.

Pay it. It's prlly not excited & you're get goodkarma within the Parking Buddha.

Re: OKC parking ticket question

3 users like ArbySooner's post: Clark W. Griswold, Cowboy1964adam, Julz

Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    Pay it. It's prlly not excited & you're get goodkarma within the Parking Buddha.
    Wow. So we're drunk posting before 5PM? Well done, Ribber.

Originally Posted by drumhead23us View Post
    Wow. So we're drunk posting before 5PM? Well done, Ribber.
    Nuh uh. Ribby sick. Taking Lortab.
    I'll edit....

Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    Whiiiiiich translates to...

Pay it. It's prolly not expensive & you'll get good parking karma with the Parking Buddha. (I think.)

I would say pay it.... But that is just me.

Happened to me once in Austin last year. They wrote my license plate wrong on the ticket. I call the phone number on the ticket to try to pay over the phone. Told the lady that they wrote the license plate number wrong on the ticket. She said, "well what's your license plate number?" I told her and she said "I searched your car in our system and there's not a ticket assigned to your car, so there's nothing for you to pay".

Might not happen to you, but that's what happened to me when I tried to be honest.

Wouldn't have this problem with a Tulsa parking ticket, therefore Tulsa > OKC.

Originally Posted by sooner518 View Post
    Happened to me once in Austin last year. They wrote my license plate wrong on the ticket. I call the phone number on the ticket to try to pay over the phone. Told the lady that they wrote the license plate number wrong on the ticket. She said, "well what's your license plate number?" I told her and she said "I searched your car in our system and there's not a ticket assigned to your car, so there's nothing for you to pay".

Might not happen to you, but that's what happened to me when I tried to be honest.
    I called this morning. Told her I got a ticket but the tag# was wrong. I didn't offer what the actual tag was. She put me on hold. Came back a few minutes later and said I'm sorry for that. We enter all the tickets into the system manually so I pulled up the ticket copy. I corrected the V to a U(the correct letter). Would you like to pay with Visa or Mastercard?
    Oh well like said maybe I'll get some karma out of it.
    The following users like this post: McRib