Just a few things I want to say

Posted 685 day(s) ago 1416 Views 28 Replies

It makes people mad when you say Bob should go.. I really haven't GAS if people got mad If I truly thought something I just post it. I think some of you folks think I enjoy pissing you off, Not really, Having said that I will try to refrain from saying that because I can see where maybe Bob deserves to have a chance to fix what is wrong with the team. I don't think Bob will get it done but I am very serious when I say I hope he does. Also, I want to say that after thinking everything over I agree that all things considered Bob certainly has been a great coach.. Everyone here knows I think Barry was much better but hey we all have a right to have our favorites.. Some of us get very passionate about our football I truly appreciate everyone putting up with me and my opinions.. We are all Sooner fans and except for 2 or 3 posters I enjoy reading almost everyone's posts. This is a fantastic board that allows us to say pretty much what we want and the board administration is fantastic..
    BOOMER SOONER !

Didn't read!
    5 users like oorah_okie's post: cdw1212, Irish_Sooner, meandmybutt, Sooner209, tksooner09

All in all I think some coaches peak quicker than others. I also believe that some can climb the mountain more than once. Bob got there early in his career and we've had problems since. Blame assistant turnover as part of it. Its hard to build a great program and maintain it when someone is stealing away your assistants. Bad recruiting and piss poor player performance adds to it as well. I don't know.. I loved Landry for staying another year but wonder if in the long run that was such a good idea. I'm now believing we'd now be further ahead had he moved on and one of these other guys had QB'd this past season. We'd have experience going into this next season. I don't know why Stoops wasn't subbing in blow out games but now we'll be paying for it. ... I don't think I've been here long enough for you to piss me off but I don't worry about that stuff anyway. There are times to joke about things and times to be serious. I know when for both.
    2 users like echo101's post: boomermagic, Spade1000

Last edited by echo101; February 3rd, 2013 at 11:20 AM.

Bob has three choices: Stay or go.
    The following users like this post: oudavid1

Next year will show us if he is really willing to change. If he makes a move after signing day and hires Mangino or if our schemes change for the better then he can make another run. He needs some new energy.
    The following users like this post: boomermagic

Originally Posted by boomermagic View Post
    It makes people mad when you say Bob should go.. I really haven't GAS if people got mad If I truly thought something I just post it. I think some of you folks think I enjoy pissing you off, Not really, Having said that I will try to refrain from saying that because I can see where maybe Bob deserves to have a chance to fix what is wrong with the team. I don't think Bob will get it done but I am very serious when I say I hope he does. Also, I want to say that after thinking everything over I agree that all things considered Bob certainly has been a great coach.. Everyone here knows I think Barry was much better but hey we all have a right to have our favorites.. Some of us get very passionate about our football I truly appreciate everyone putting up with me and my opinions.. We are all Sooner fans and except for 2 or 3 posters I enjoy reading almost everyone's posts. This is a fantastic board that allows us to say pretty much what we want and the board administration is fantastic..
    BOOMER SOONER !
    Thanks for clearing that up B. Sims. Boomer!

Thanks for sharing. Keep coming back.

Originally Posted by Chuvan View Post
    Next year will show us if he is really willing to change. If he makes a move after signing day and hires Mangino or if our schemes change for the better then he can make another run. He needs some new energy.
    Yep, New energy { as in new assistant coaching energy}and new talent on the field..

Originally Posted by echo101 View Post
    All in all I think some coaches peak quicker than others. I also believe that some can climb the mountain more than once. Bob got there early in his career and we've had problems since. Blame assistant turnover as part of it. Its hard to build a great program and maintain it when someone is stealing away your assistants. Bad recruiting and piss poor player performance adds to it as well. I don't know.. I loved Landry for staying another year but wonder if in the long run that was such a good idea. I'm now believing we'd now be further ahead had he moved on and one of these other guys had QB'd this past season. We'd have experience going into this next season. I don't know why Stoops wasn't subbing in blow out games but now we'll be paying for it. ... I don't think I've been here long enough for you to piss me off but I don't worry about that stuff anyway. There are times to joke about thinks and times to be serious. I know when for both.
    Yep, If you are a successful HC everyone wants a part of your staff. Hey, Bob should know better than me but I said after the Kstate loss I would have played Bell a bunch.. I think that pissed people off too. lol

{I don't have anything to add. I just wanted to see what it's like to put something in braces.}
    2 users like thurman murman's post: boomermagic, oorah_okie

BOOMER SOONER !
    We all want the same thing: An 8th National Championship. We all believe that there are different ways of going about getting it, but in the end, we're all wanting the same thing. Stick around, because although we often disagree, different perspectives are definitely refreshing.

Lets win it all!!

Originally Posted by 85sooners View Post
    Lets win it all!!
    YES !

People who get mad at another persons opinion are just dumbasses anyway. As if their opinion is better. Always speak your mind freely as it adds to the discussion and therefore makes for a better board. And yes, we can truly be thankful we have a forum we can speak freely on. the old communist driven, you must think like the administration thinks, will never get another post from the likes of me.
    2 users like OUrage's post: boomermagic, Soonerinsec

This obsessed moron needs to **** off already. No one gives a shit what he has to say. And to make it worse, he's a broken record about it.
    The following users like this post: oorah_okie

Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    This obsessed moron needs to **** off already. No one gives a shit what he has to say. And to make it worse, he's a broken record about it.
    Finally. I was going to like Oorah's post, but he is "the judge of all threads"..
    The following users like this post: oorah_okie

Originally Posted by OUrage View Post
    People who get mad at another persons opinion are just dumbasses anyway. As if their opinion is better. Always speak your mind freely as it adds to the discussion and therefore makes for a better board. And yes, we can truly be thankful we have a forum we can speak freely on. the old communist driven, you must think like the administration thinks, will never get another post from the likes of me.
    Absolutely true.. when I started posting here I seen that some of my opinions differed from some other posters but didn't realize there is a little group that insists we all should have the same opinions. What i posted pissed them off and they called me names so I just returned the favor. Obviously, They let my opinions get to them and I allowed their name calling to get to me. I don't pay much attention to those few now and I knew they would show up on this thread before I started it. Bottom line is I'm an OU fan who wants the same as most OU fans and different opinions are great for discussion. Lately, I have tried to just stay on topic and ignore the people who don't appreciate a different point of view. Or, at least I try to not play the name calling game that serves no purpose. Thanks for your response.

Originally Posted by DHF View Post
    We all want the same thing: An 8th National Championship. We all believe that there are different ways of going about getting it, but in the end, we're all wanting the same thing. Stick around, because although we often disagree, different perspectives are definitely refreshing.
    Thanks, I'm a little surprised you say that but I appreciate it. Thanks a lot man..
    The following users like this post: DHF

What killed the aliens in War of the Worlds?

Absolutely true.. when I started posting here I seen that some of my opinions differed from some other posters but didn't realize there is a little group that insists we all should have the same opinions. What i posted pissed them off and they called me names so I just returned the favor. Obviously, They let my opinions get to them and I allowed their name calling to get to me. I don't pay much attention to those few now and I knew they would show up on this thread before I started it. Bottom line is I'm an OU fan who wants the same as most OU fans and different opinions are great for discussion. Lately, I have tried to just stay on topic and ignore the people who don't appreciate a different point of view. Or, at least I try to not play the name calling game that serves no purpose. Thanks for your response.
    This isn't about you having a differing opinion. It's about you starting a thread everyday to repeat your opinion over and over and over....and over again. Let me save you the time. Your opinion is duly noted. How about bringing something new to the table?

A little OT but I wonder how many MNC's Barry would have won if the BCS was around during his career and how many Bob would have won so far if conf. champ games and the BCS were not around. In '85 we probably wouldn't have been in the NC game. In '74 & '75 we would have had to play Bama & tOSU instead of no one and Michigan to win it all. Bob would have got to play probably Georgia or Tenn in 03 and were not ranked #1 in the other years so probably wouldnt have had a chance at it. My guess is that Bob would have had 2 if he played under the non-BCS format and we'd all be a little happier and Barry probably would have only won 1 or 2 if he was in the BCS era. Both are outstanding coaches. Both had a few down years and if our down years are 10-3 with conf. champ. I can't wait until it gets turned around and we win #8.

Ignore Oorah.

Oorah can't read that's why he didn't. Additionally, he comprehends even less than he reads.

I'd feel sorry for him, if I gave a shit whether he lived or died.

Originally Posted by H82Lose View Post
    Finally. I was going to like Oorah's post, but he is "the judge of all threads"..

Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    This isn't about you having a differing opinion. It's about you starting a thread everyday to repeat your opinion over and over and over....and over again. Let me save you the time. Your opinion is duly noted. How about bringing something new to the table?
    If my posts bother you the board provides an ignore option. Utilize that. I do beg to differ about me starting threads everyday however.. I have started a few lately but if you check you'll find out I don't start many threads. Now, How about that ignore option ?

Originally Posted by Al F***n Swearingen View Post
    Ignore Oorah.

Oorah can't read that's why he didn't. Additionally, he comprehends even less than he reads.

I'd feel sorry for him, if I gave a shit whether he lived or died.
    He isn't bothering me.

Originally Posted by Jimmon View Post
    A little OT but I wonder how many MNC's Barry would have won if the BCS was around during his career and how many Bob would have won so far if conf. champ games and the BCS were not around. In '85 we probably wouldn't have been in the NC game. In '74 & '75 we would have had to play Bama & tOSU instead of no one and Michigan to win it all. Bob would have got to play probably Georgia or Tenn in 03 and were not ranked #1 in the other years so probably wouldnt have had a chance at it. My guess is that Bob would have had 2 if he played under the non-BCS format and we'd all be a little happier and Barry probably would have only won 1 or 2 if he was in the BCS era. Both are outstanding coaches. Both had a few down years and if our down years are 10-3 with conf. champ. I can't wait until it gets turned around and we win #8.
    Like I said we all have our favorites.. We do know that Barry won three and the rest we can only speculate on..
    The following users like this post: DarrellS011

Originally Posted by Jimmon View Post
    I was too young for the Bud Wilkenson era (I liked him as a commentator) but I liked his offensive philosophies. I think a lot of his success was the players that he got after WWII. Grown men playing against boys.

Barry Switzer was the coach that I grew up with and my favorite football coach. He was a great recruiter and understood the importance of a strong running game and a stingy defense. His teams possessed the same energy that he did. It didn't matter if they were playing in the Orange Bowl for a shot at a National Championship or playing Wyoming in the Holiday Bowl. His players always seemed proud to play football for the Oklahoma Sooners.

I'm glad that Bob Stoops built the Sooners back into a winning program after the drought of the 90s' and am happy that we've played in as many BCS Championship games that we have but I don't see the same fire out of his players that I saw in the Switzer years. Maybe it's just the era that we live in where everyone is used to entitlements but the players just don't seem to have the same Sooner pride and desire of past teams. If they're not playing in the NCG game then they act like they'd rather be somewhere else than playing in a Bowl game at the end of the year. I can't remember ever seeing a Switzer team give up (well, maybe the Arkansas Orange Bowl) but it seems to be a common trait of Stoops coached football teams.

I think it's time to get back to the basics. Recruiting more in state players that want to play football for the Oklahoma Sooners instead of just recruiting guys that want to make it to the NFL playing for a big name football school like Oklahoma. Don't get me wrong, we need 5* talent but they have to be humble enough to put team first. If they're all about me then let someone else deal with them. Going to a run first offense that can dominate a defense and open up the passing game and building dominant defenses like Oklahoma used to have in days of old instead of defenses that give up thirty points a game.

Alabama is a school that you don't think of when you're listing top offenses but they averaged just as many points a game as our so called high scoring Big 12 offense. The reason, they use a run first offense that opens up every other aspect of their offense. I don't expect to see a defense under Stoops that only gives up 10 points a game like Alabama's but if we're going to give up 25 points a game then we better have an offense that can score 50 points a game like Oregon and that comes from being able to run the ball whenever we want. We're not going to see that with Josh calling the plays. If Bob is to be compared to other great football minds that coached at Oklahoma then he needs to either take more control of the play calling duties or hire someone that is competent to call them.

I was too young for the Bud Wilkenson era (I liked him as a commentator) but I liked his offensive philosophies. I think a lot of his success was the players that he got after WWII. Grown men playing against boys.

Barry Switzer was the coach that I grew up with and my favorite football coach. He was a great recruiter and understood the importance of a strong running game and a stingy defense. His teams possessed the same energy that he did. It didn't matter if they were playing in the Orange Bowl for a shot at a National Championship or playing Wyoming in the Holiday Bowl. His players always seemed proud to play football for the Oklahoma Sooners.

I'm glad that Bob Stoops built the Sooners back into a winning program after the drought of the 90s' and am happy that we've played in as many BCS Championship games that we have but I don't see the same fire out of his players that I saw in the Switzer years. Maybe it's just the era that we live in where everyone is used to entitlements but the players just don't seem to have the same Sooner pride and desire of past teams. If they're not playing in the NCG game then they act like they'd rather be somewhere else than playing in a Bowl game at the end of the year. I can't remember ever seeing a Switzer team give up (well, maybe the Arkansas Orange Bowl) but it seems to be a common trait of Stoops coached football teams.

I think it's time to get back to the basics. Recruiting more in state players that want to play football for the Oklahoma Sooners instead of just recruiting guys that want to make it to the NFL playing for a big name football school like Oklahoma. Don't get me wrong, we need 5* talent but they have to be humble enough to put team first. If they're all about me then let someone else deal with them. Going to a run first offense that can dominate a defense and open up the passing game and building dominant defenses like Oklahoma used to have in days of old instead of defenses that give up thirty points a game.

Alabama is a school that you don't think of when you're listing top offenses but they averaged just as many points a game as our so called high scoring Big 12 offense. The reason, they use a run first offense that opens up every other aspect of their offense. I don't expect to see a defense under Stoops that only gives up 10 points a game like Alabama's but if we're going to give up 25 points a game then we better have an offense that can score 50 points a game like Oregon and that comes from being able to run the ball whenever we want. We're not going to see that with Josh calling the plays. If Bob is to be compared to other great football minds that coached at Oklahoma then he needs to either take more control of the play calling duties or hire someone that is competent to call them.

Well put Darrell and I certainly agree.

Well, I guess there's just one thing left to do: Win. The whole. ****ing. Thing.