Skeet Shooting

Posted 439 day(s) ago 2452 Views 79 Replies
Page 1 of 2 1 2

vCash

From the window to the walls.
    The following users like this post: Saul Good

vCash

It looks to me he has the butt of the stock too high on his shoulder...gonna bruise....

vCash

Originally Posted by pphilfran View Post
    Maybe he shoots skeet like he throws baseballs?

vCash

vCash

The following users like this post: KCRuf/Nek

vCash

The following users like this post: DRminimega67

vCash

He was scat shooting, not skeet shooting. Of course, he is an expert at shooting the scat!
    The following users like this post: OUSchitzo

vCash

Originally Posted by OUSchitzo View Post
    meh, when i shot skeet i never wore any of that fancy stuff. i just carried a box shells from station to station. but i was also 12.

Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    NO, YOU MUST WEAR A JACKET AND SHELLS OR ELSE IT IS A STAGED PHOTO

vCash

Our Great Leader wears what he desires, when he desires. Dare not mock Our Great Leader!

vCash

Originally Posted by Yatahaze View Post
    PULL!!!

2 users like Gonzo's post: KCRuf/Nek, OU48A

vCash

3 users like KCRuf/Nek's post: Bk2X, ImTheDude, pphilfran

vCash

Originally Posted by Yatahaze View Post

vCash

Staged and they released one photo?

Re: Skeet Shooting

It just looks to me like Obama is shooting a shotgun at a clay pigeon. It may not be the TRUE AND NOBLE SPORT OF SKEET. But I think reasonable minds can deduce that he is just out shooting at shit.

It isn't like he shot a guy in the face while hunting penned flightless birds and then demanded an apology or anything.

vCash

The recently released photograph of President Obama reportedly “Taken at Camp David – the Maryland presidential retreat – on August 4, 2012, his 51st birthday,” is a complete fake.

As a lifelong shotgunner, I immediately smelled a rat. Nothing in the photo looks right and upon closer examination, it is a complete fraud.

One need go no further than examining the ports on the shotgun. Ports are tiny holes sometimes drilled near the muzzle (the business end of the gun) to release energy and reduce recoil. They serve as a pressure release valve of sorts. One will immediately notice that there is smoke coming from the right side of the gun in the photo as well as out the front. The only problem is that there is no smoke coming from the ports on the left side of the gun, clearly seen in the photo suggesting that the smoke was doctored into the photo. Furthermore, the smoke exiting on the right side of the gun does not match the port pattern on the left. If this gun was being fired as suggested by the White House, then the smoke would be coming out the ports on the gun clearly seen in the picture and evenly on both sides. To add insult to injury, the smoke pictured is not clearly defined and appears to be moved by wind. At this stage in the firing process, this phenomenon would be nearly impossible. The smoke should look like it is being rapidly forced out small holes instead of something wafting from a chimney.

A photo taken at this stage of the firing process would also reveal the forces of recoil upon the shooter. There would be a wave of energy passing through the firearm into the shooter’s body and evidence would exist somewhere in this photo that this phenomenon was happening. This would appear like a slow motion picture of a boxer receiving a knockout blow. The shooter’s body would give some evidence of reacting to the recoil, especially someone not wearing heavy clothing as in the picture.

One need go no further than the port evidence to prove fraud, but further evidence shows that the President was not shooting “Skeet.” Skeet is a specific shooting game involving a skeet field with distinct shooting houses. If he were shooting skeet, there would be a skeet house over the shooter’ shoulder from this camera angle. There is none. Additionally, his barrel is almost horizontal and that would not be consistent with someone shooting skeet. At a minimum, it would be elevated at around a forty-five degree angle to almost vertical. One could give the President a break and acknowledge that he probably doesn’t know the difference between skeet, trap, and sporting clays, but someone who recently stated, “Up at Camp David, we do skeet shooting all the time,” should then know the difference.

Further evidence would suggest that the smoke in the photo is somewhat heavy and is more consistent with the kind of smoke coming from a blackpowder gun, not a modern shotgun. Without a doubt, this photo has been doctored for whatever nefarious reason. It appears as though the shooter was merely holding a gun with the smoke being added in later.

This begs a simple question. Why would the President of the United States go to such efforts to lie to the American people about something as simple as shooting a shotgun? Makes one wonder what other lies he has been telling us. President Obama you’re a complete fraud and this picture proves it.

Originally Posted by kssooner View Post
    Delicious. Please keep posting your batshit theories.

vCash

There does seem to be far too much smoke...that is why current propellents are called smokeless...

vCash

My first thought when I saw the pic is he didn't even flinch on the recoil.

vCash

Skeet Shooting

Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    Debunk what he said ****. I want facts from your lifetime of experience, and from your expertise, in shooting shotguns. You're the smartest poster here so it should be easy for you.
    2 users like kssooner's post: Gonzo, ThievingMagpie

vCash

That's because he's a ****ing man.

vCash

We'll call you when they have a picture of his shoes.
    2 users like KCRuf/Nek's post: Dexa, ThievingMagpie

From another forum I read where we make fun of conservatives for all their shitty theories about the president.

It's meant to reduce recoil, actually. Break actions kick like a mule. Unlike semi-automatics, when the barrel is sealed, it's basically a big tube with an explosion in one end and a hole in the other. The semi-automatic's action will suck down some of the kick. Break actions like the one Obama has? Right to the shoulder. This porting will reduce kick, while not measurably decreasing the speed of the shotcup as it comes out. And yes, it's in both barrels. Break-actions are considered more pure than semi-automatics, which are a considerable step above pump actions, as far as these things go.

You shoot shotguns slightly differently from rifles. For one thing, you're swinging it in a solid arc when shooting. For another, you jerk the trigger, you don't squeeze it slowly. Things are going to move when you pull that trigger, the important thing is to control it, and you can. Vertical venting is not so much of an issue, given the other directions involved.

As far as that article is concerned: The smoke thing is bullshit, but he's right, that specific photo is most probably not Obama shooting the sport skeet, though it probably is him shooting individual skeet, or clay pigeons. The giveaway is the lack of choke on the second barrel. My opinion remains: ****it, he's having fun, who the hell cares?

I have to wonder if that's his gun or the Presidential Shotgun They Keep At Camp David. It's right on that line of exactly good enough that no visiting dignitary would be offended by it, if they were an avid shooter. Everyone in the White House and the Supreme Court seems to like their shooting, after all. Kagan went with Scalia, as I recall, and had a good time.
    You guys are making a big deal out of nothing. It is literally harder to make a Photoshop of the president shooting a gun than it is to photograph him shooting a gun. It is so mundane it would be comparable to photo shopping him eating a hamburger.

This is just another theory in the list of theories because republicans really just don't like president Obama. Nothing more, nothing less. Nothing he does will make an average republican like him.

vCash

Obama is a fraud.
    The following users like this post: OU48A

vCash

So that's your rebuttal? A meaningless post from another forum of douches like you who think they're smarter than everybody they disagree with? And you can't even post a link to it?
    The following users like this post: OU48A

You posted from some dude's blog. I didn't think it merited that much of a rebuttal.

And if you really care to followup, it came from the Dittoheads thread in Debate and Discussion at forums.somethingawful.com.

They have a native android app so I never see URLs. But feel free to keep attacking me and looking like an idiot.

The photo is not fake, the burden is on you to prove that it is. The best part about this is the harder you try, the more foolish you look

vCash

More than likely a real photo...why is the butt of the stock resting so high on his shoulder....that has got to hurt...

vCash

Originally Posted by pphilfran View Post
    Not sure about skeet shooting but I have shot a shit load of shotgun rounds. In competition, we are to have it high on shoulder to not cause tilt of the head so you can freely move from one target to the other. Obama is just not leaning forward....

The only thing that seemed odd about the picture to me is the angle he's shooting at. That being said, I don't particularly care. Photos are staged all the time to make political points.

vCash

A lot of people call the act of shooting clay pigeons skeet. The thrower could be sitting on the ground and he is shooting as it is climbing. Whatever. Either way, the picture was a bad attempt to make some of the gun people happy and I think it backfired.

Originally Posted by Bk2X View Post
    Because it doesn't matter what Obama does to try to placate people, they simply don't like him.

When you act phony to placate someone and its as obvious as this, don't expect a merry reception.

vCash

News flash: Most people dont like arrogant condescending liars. Think that might explain your poor standing in this online community?
    The following users like this post: JDShellnutt

I have fine standing in this online community. Sorry that you don't like Obama despite the fact that he seems to enjoy shooting a shotgun from time to time at the Camp David Presidential Retreat and has the photos to prove it.

The problem is we're in year 5 and nary a pic of him shooting. Now he's pushing more gun control, and he makes an off the cuff comment about 'shooting skeet all the time.' People call bs b/c it sounds dishonest, and poof, we've got a pic. It's like when a kid is in trouble and says, 'You can call my teacher if you want to!!'
    The following users like this post: Gonzo

vCash

Hahahaahaa. You are really on today.

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    I would just give the guy the benefit of the doubt. If the president has archived photos showing him shooting on a certain date, I imagine he shot on that date. There are a lot of laws governing presidential record keeping and I don't think he is circumventing those.

Skeet Shooting

And that's where we differ. I don't trust him to be truthful. I expect him to behave in a way that will advance his agenda.
    The following users like this post: bushmaster06

if he wants to placate people...he should release pics of himself shooting illegal aliens at the border....
    2 users like 87sooner's post: Gonzo, okie52

vCash

Agree. Just say; "no I don't shoot guns but don't care if others shoot them, as long as they aren't at people". He could have released a video of him competing against Kim Rhode and Republicans would have called bullshit; why even try?
    The following users like this post: oucub23

So you think that because he didn't hold a press conference to talk about shooting skeet on August 4th at Camp David on August 4th, that it didn't happen?

Man, you are really slipping into the abyss in just week 2 of the second term. I expect it from a lot of the other hacks and libertarians, but not you.

Skeet Shooting

No. I think the reason the pic was released at all was because of his off the cuff comment about shooting skeet all the time. It sounded fishy when he said it, so they released a pic. I don't care if he shoots or not. Saying he does though and releasing the pic is political gamesmanship--it's his way of saying, 'I'm one of you. I won't take your guns. These measures are just to protect us. See? I'm a shooter too.'

has he introduced a confiscatory bill yet?

Skeet Shooting

He's not stupid, contrary to many of the poster's opinions on here. Trying to push a confiscation bill through would end Dem Senate control next year. He also knew single payer would never pass. That's why we got the mess we have now, that will end up in single payer if we don't get rid of it.

vCash

So when you call someone a hack are you able to do so with a straight face?

vCash

Yep. I know that many think he was concerned about the unwashed not having insurance but that had nothing to do with it. IMO he wanted the wheels to come off.

vCash

If you believe obama likes to shoot or shoots when there are no cameras taking pics for political purposes your batshit crazy.
    The following users like this post: JDShellnutt