Texas loses top recruit: 5* DT - A'Shawn Robinson

Posted 630 day(s) ago 4177 Views 37 Replies

Fuck Texas Texas loses top recruit: 5* DT - A'Shawn Robinson

Going to Bama.

And apparently he's upset at Texas for breaking the rest of the story when it violates NCAA rules.
    “Texas leaking that story made me kind of mad,” Robinson said. “They kind of tried to ruin the moment for me. Them leaking the story made me mad. I stopped considering them when I told them I was decommitting."
    "According to NCAA regulations, Texas coaches are not allowed to speak publicly about unsigned recruits."
    2 users like melbitoast's post: TheKing, Widescreen

Whatever....
    The following users like this post: Sooner Showtime

We're always ****ing about our problems. Lol, we could be Texas.
    2 users like Stein7495's post: BajaOklahoma, Vodnik

Guess I don't get it. He decommits from Texas and gets mad at them because they told someone before he could make a big show about it?

Originally Posted by Stein7495 View Post
    That's no joke. Don't get me wrong they still have some quality guys but their class slowly went down the shitter the past couple of months.

**** Alabama?

The rich get richer!

**** Nic Satan.
    2 users like WFSooner's post: boomersooner53, soonerUthenMe

Originally Posted by WFSooner View Post
    **** Alabama?

The rich get richer!

**** Nic Satan.
    Thats the bad part about it. Texas loses a stud 5 star guy but Alabama picks him up. They don't even have to recruit guys, they just cherry pick the ones they want.

You'd think he was really pissed off bad enough he'd sign with OU
    2 users like OUrage's post: BajaOklahoma, WFSooner

Is there any doubt that the $EC pays recruits? Sure he may have gone to Bama anyway but come on....except for USC, the $EC is getting all the five stars.

Originally Posted by mexican/ninja View Post
    Is there any doubt that the $EC pays recruits? Sure he may have gone to Bama anyway but come on....except for USC, the $EC is getting all the five stars.
    Definitely appears that way but how could it be kept hidden?

Originally Posted by mexican/ninja View Post
    Ain't that unfair?

Originally Posted by mexican/ninja;1067817[B
    ]Is there any doubt that the $EC pays recruits? [/B] Sure he may have gone to Bama anyway but come on....except for USC, the $EC is getting all the five stars.
    This made me laugh. Kids want to play for the crystal and then play on Sunday. Playing in the SEC gives them their best shot at doing both. Might as well get used to the top recruits going there. It's only going to get worse.
    2 users like tcrb's post: SCV Sooner, soonerUthenMe

Re: Texas loses top recruit: 5* DT - A'Shawn Robinson

Too bad.....

Fvckin it live via tapatalk dos

Originally Posted by OUrage View Post
    you have to have the other schools in your league report the illegal goings on but if no one in the league reports on anyone else then the fools at the ncaa can't start an investigation. the days of guys like fulmer at Tennessee ratting out other schools is over for the sec for now

Meh. **** them all!

Originally Posted by tcrb View Post
    This made me laugh. Kids want to play for the crystal and then play on Sunday. Playing in the SEC gives them their best shot at doing both. Might as well get used to the top recruits going there. It's only going to get worse.
    Most kids these days don't give a shit about playing for a national championship to be honest.
    They care about attention, exposure, and money (whether that means an easier path to the league or direct payment).
    3 users like Jbaker's post: jmizzy4ou, melbitoast, Schooner9

Originally Posted by Jbaker View Post
    Most kids these days don't give a shit about playing for a national championship to be honest.
    They care about attention, exposure, and money (whether that means an easier path to the league or direct payment).
    It seems that is the world we live in today, and its not just the football players.

Originally Posted by Jbaker View Post
    Whether they want to play for the crystal or not, the SEC has won the last 7 and that automatically equates to more attention and exposure for every team in the conference, which will eventually equate to more money.
    The following users like this post: SCV Sooner

This would be news worthy if he was going to sign at OU.
    The following users like this post: Widescreen

Why the **** are we worrying about this a-hole again? Could be argued that their class is still stronger than ours, man up. No two star CBs from SE Dallas weighing 165lbs

I'm sure the SEC is paying players, but that isn't the only reason some kids decide to go to that conference. The media hype of the SEC in the early 2000s has become a self-fulfilling prophecy. They hyped the SEC as the place to be and so now it really is. Who wants to go to a Big 12 school and play Iowa St. or Kansas anyways?
    The following users like this post: SCV Sooner

great news on this thread just took a turn for the worst. **** saban but i'd rather have that big ass kid play for bama then the whorns any day. however, i am happy the dudes down in austin f'd up robinson's hat ceremony. hope that pompous jack ass saved his receipt for that longwhorns hat.

Originally Posted by melbitoast View Post
    Texas leaking that story made me kind of mad,” Robinson said. “They kind of tried to ruin the moment for me. Them leaking the story made me mad. I stopped considering them when I told them I was decommitting."
    "According to NCAA regulations, Texas coaches are not allowed to speak publicly about unsigned recruits."
    If he's going to have the attitude of an ex-girlfriend who is pissed at you because you told someone you broke up then good riddance.
    The following users like this post: Vodnik

Kids go where the championships are.

When OU won the national title, we landed Tommie Harris, Brent Rawls, Zack Latimer, Donta Hickson, Tashard Choice, Lance Mitchell, Dante Nicholson, and a plethora of other 5 star or borderline 5 star guys.Nevermind that a lot of the 5 stars didn't pan out, the point is, these guys could've gone almost anywhere in the country and we were pulling recruits from all over the country and going up against the other powerhouse schools.

But if you remember, in the early 2000's, Miami was usually in the top of recruiting and they typically was fighting for the top recruiting class. Then Ohio State, then USC. When Petey was at USC, they pulled Dwayne Jarrett from New Jersey and almost pulled Reggie Smith out from Oklahoma.

Alabama is no different than Miami, USC, and Oklahoma earlier this decade. Oklahoma's recruiting has fallen because kids don't seem to care about conference championships and whether or not you play for national titles. The big name kids only seem to care that you win once you get there.
    The following users like this post: Spade1000

Originally Posted by Stein7495 View Post
    You wish you were Texas. 59-43-5

You'd think he was really pissed off bad enough he'd sign with OU
    He'd rather win championships.

Originally Posted by Gundy's Lettuce View Post
    U wish u were OU...don't know the record but I know we're up a few DECADES. Now STFU.

Whos the leader for B'Shawn Robinson now?

Re: Texas loses top recruit: 5* DT - A'Shawn Robinson

Originally Posted by Vodnik View Post
    Whos the leader for B'Shawn Robinson now?
    Probably Bama or A&M

Originally Posted by S00nerJay View Post

When OU won the national title, we landed Tommie Harris, Brent Rawls, Zack Latimer, Donta Hickson, Tashard Choice, Lance Mitchell, Dante Nicholson, and a plethora of other 5 star or borderline 5 star guys.Nevermind that a lot of the 5 stars didn't pan out, the point is, these guys could've gone almost anywhere in the country and we were pulling recruits from all over the country and going up against the other powerhouse schools.

But if you remember, in the early 2000's, Miami was usually in the top of recruiting and they typically was fighting for the top recruiting class. Then Ohio State, then USC. When Petey was at USC, they pulled Dwayne Jarrett from New Jersey and almost pulled Reggie Smith out from Oklahoma.

Alabama is no different than Miami, USC, and Oklahoma earlier this decade. Oklahoma's recruiting has fallen because kids don't seem to care about conference championships and whether or not you play for national titles. The big name kids only seem to care that you win once you get there.
    explain how Michigan, Florida, ATM, Ohio State, USC, ND, etc. fit in that theory.

Originally Posted by S00nerJay View Post

Don't forget that one guy, ahhh, Oh, Adrian Peterson. He wasn't too bad.

Originally Posted by 3xt View Post
    Don't forget that one guy, ahhh, Oh, Adrian Peterson. He wasn't too bad.
    AD was in the class of 2004. His senior season in high school was the fall of 2003. At that time, we were on top of the College Football world. We were #1, blowing out everybody, we had a Heisman Trophy winning quarterback, the 2000 title was still pretty fresh in everybody's minds, we had just come off of a dominating Rose Bowl win the year before, and even though we lost in the Sugar Bowl to LSU, everybody still knew Oklahoma was dominant. Teams still feared us back then. 8 years later, the 2000 title is stale. Recruits still view OU as a great place to play and as a traditional power and all but thats about it. We're not on top anymore.

Hahahhahahahhaha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Congrats on your great grandfathers riding their horse driven buggies to games where Texas dominated the series. During my life time Oklahoma has the winning record and has beaten Texas by a combined 78 points the last three seasons.

More national titles.
    More Heisman trophies.
    More national award winners.
    More consensus all-americans.
    More tradition.

Originally Posted by suncoastsooner View Post
    Congrats on your great grandfathers riding their horse driven buggies to games where Texas dominated the series. During my life time Oklahoma has the winning record and has beaten Texas by a combined 78 points the last three seasons.

More national titles.
    More Heisman trophies.
    More national award winners.
    More consensus all-americans.
    More tradition.
    Not to mention, we're rated 6 spots above Texas on all time prestige ranking. We're #1, they were 7.

Very easy. You pay off the right people in the NCAA. That's a mistake many intentional rules violators make in that they pay for recruits, but don't give key personnel of the NCAA their cut.

Ashawn Robinson is a terrible athlete and has no character. Alabama can keep him!

His hat ain't got no swagger.